Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi (10048 Views)

Mikel's Goal Against Uruguay Among The Best In Confederations Cup / Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by femzybiz(m): 9:31am On Jun 20, 2013
Super Eagles coach,Stephen Keshi,has said that his team is in a relaxed mood,as they prepare to meet Uruguay,in their second game of the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup on Thursday.

The Nigerian team on Tuesday arrived in Salvador,where they will play the game at the Estadio Pituacu,and have already had their training sessions there.

The Super Eagles who only got to Brazil on Sunday morning,have rested and also recovered from the jet-lag,which was caused by all the long travels they had to embark on since May 31,to play a friendly and the World Cup qualifiers.

“We’re ready. Of course we have had our issues. But that is not who we are. What we want to do is play football. I am proud of my players for the way they overcame tiredness, jetlag and everything else to get three points and those goals against Tahiti,” Keshi told KickOffNigeria.com.

“Now we have tried to get them as much rest as possible and we just want them to have fun on Thursday,” he said.

“We know a little more about Uruguay. So we can plan a little better, but we will not be preparing much different from the way we normally do” Keshi added.

“We have our own methods, our own tactics and our own way of playing, and that is what we plan to do.”

There is a lot at stake in this game between the Super Eagles and Uruguay,and it will go long way in determining the progress of either of the team in the competition.
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Madawaki01(m): 9:39am On Jun 20, 2013
Nice one...ok..i see...dat's why he didn't appear angry wen his players ar loosin 1 on 1's....
#operation uruguay mustgo
first to comment sha oo

2 Likes

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by modextus(m): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2013
Madawaki01: Nice one...ok..i see...dat's why he didn't appear angry wen his players ar loosin 1 on 1's....
#operation uruguay mustgo
ur right bro..he knows what he's doing..suarez нαѕ vowed τ̲̅ȍ win us buh i don't see dat happening.
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by johnstar(m): 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ok, gud 2 hear dat, hope u r aware of suarez bite, make him knw hear u o, cus him go bite u ehn cheesy cheesy
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
All the besT eagles..
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by mosho2good: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
Trust me super chickens are not going to make it to quarter final
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Afam4eva(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
Relaxed mood ke? They should not be relaxed at all. This is not Tahiti we're playing. Abi, do they mean that they have rested well for the game?

1 Like

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
naija all d way
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by FUCKU: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
You don't need to relax Wake up! Wake up guys... URUGUAY is a very tough team. Names of their players is enough to lose confidence CAVANI, SUAREZ, FORLAN etc Sir Keshi, you are trying keep it up Not that Money Maniac of a coach- SIA- SIA
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by dominique(f): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Relaxed mood ke? They should not be relaxed at all. This is not Tahiti we're playing. Abi, do they mean that they have rested well for the game?

No they mean they've recovered well from the jetlag. Hope they don't over-relax o.

1 Like

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
femzybiz: Super Eagles coach,Stephen Keshi,has said that his team is in a relaxed mood,as they prepare to meet Uruguay,in their second game of the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup on Thursday.

The Nigerian team on Tuesday arrived in Salvador,where they will play the game at the Estadio Pituacu,and have already had their training sessions there.

The Super Eagles who only got to Brazil on Sunday morning,have rested and also recovered from the jet-lag,which was caused by all the long travels they had to embark on since May 31,to play a friendly and the World Cup qualifiers.

“We’re ready. Of course we have had our issues. But that is not who we are. What we want to do is play football. I am proud of my players for the way they overcame tiredness, jetlag and everything else to get three points and those goals against Tahiti,” Keshi told KickOffNigeria.com.

“Now we have tried to get them as much rest as possible and we just want them to have fun on Thursday,” he said.

“We know a little more about Uruguay. So we can plan a little better, but we will not be preparing much different from the way we normally do” Keshi added.

“We have our own methods, our own tactics and our own way of playing, and that is what we plan to do.”

There is a lot at stake in this game between the Super Eagles and Uruguay,and it will go long way in determining the progress of either of the team in the competition.

i dreamt Nigeria lost 3:0 to Uruguay

Something tells me this dream will come true.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Afam4eva(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
dominique:

No they mean they've recovered well from the jetlag. Hope they don't over-relax o.
That's my fear.
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by MrFord1: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
You have our support

1 Like

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Brimmie(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
Relaxed?? You had the opportunity to score like 10 goals just incase we draw against Uruguay and get trashed by spain..??

Then Uruguay will score more against Tahiti and get ahead of us with goal difference!

Well, Super Eagles, you guys can grab the maximum point against the Vampire's Squad!!

Go For Win!!

1 Like

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by busallman: 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
Naija all the way...just go out there and win that match for us...By Gods grace, we will put them to shame.
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Relaxed mood ke? They should not be relaxed at all. This is not Tahiti we're playing. Abi, do they mean that they have rested well for the game?

you know nothing about professional football if you say they should not be relaxed. you only play well when you're not under stress. Less stress=more goals. FYI: stress is not pressure. They have pressure but must remain composed

3 Likes

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by spenx084(m): 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2013
Uruguay attackers will be hot for Eagles defenders.....i wish SE luck still.
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by supaeagles(m): 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
spenx084: Uruguay attackers will be hot for Eagles defenders.....i wish SE luck still.
Please oh, remind our defenders to be wary of one particular Uruguayan striker .... he has the tendency to go "Clifford Orji" on them oh shocked

1 Like

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Mayor21(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
God help the SE. .uruguay's coach said the trio of cavani,suarez,forlan wil start the game. .only God can save uz o!. Gud luck super eagles. . .oluwa z involve

1 Like

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Donmams(m): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2013
Please Uruguay make una no embarass us too much. Make una score only 3 goals issokay.
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Soso990240(m): 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
I heard Onazi will play.keshi wants 2 suprise us.@topic dnt relax much,uruguay no be mali or bkf.i pray we shock d world 2day..Nigeria 3:1 uruguay

4 Likes

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Mayor21(m): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
Na xo
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by buchito1(m): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
bbpreye.:

n
i dreamt Nigeria lost 3:0 to Uruguay

Something tells me this dream will come true.
Have u eaten today? undecided undecided undecided sad

4 Likes

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by TechRev: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
why calling the team SE
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by adrainuche(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
Keshi ride on !!!
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by omocheche(f): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
Up nijia, go and more go.........
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by buchito1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2013
mosho2good: Trust me super chickens are ot going to make it to quarter final
if dem send u tell dem say u no see us oooooooooooooooooooo angry angry angry angry angry >:...... Bad citizen angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Lateef9961(m): 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2013
Super eagles all d way

1 Like

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Lateef9961(m): 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
@mosho2good,u can go and hug transformer sir. MUMU

2 Likes

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
mosho2good: Trust me super chickens are not going to make it to quarter final
You don't even know what you are saying and it goes a long way to determine your level in football. There is no quarter final... only semi final and final

6 Likes

Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by plainmirror(m): 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
ℓ crave 4 action not blantant english sentences!
"Action speaks ........................"
Re: We Are Relaxed For The Game Against Uruguay – Keshi by supaeagles(m): 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
mosho2good: Trust me super chickens are not going to make it to quarter final
No mind am jare, the last time he predicted doom for our super eagles in Nations cup and they ended up winning the competition, so let him continue to "predict more doom" for SE - it's like good luck for us grin
( see pic below ):

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Foundation Gets Lagos State Support / Nigeria Beats Ghana 2-0 In Women's Nations Cup Qualifier / 16-Year-Old Teenager Wins Ekiti Marathon Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.