Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Kanye West Getting Attacked Over His Use Of "Parkinson's" In His Newest Album. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kanye West Getting Attacked Over His Use Of "Parkinson's" In His Newest Album. (803 Views)

PHOTOS: Shocking Cover Of Kanye West New Album / Wizkid Gets SECOND House In Lekki + Exclusive PICTURES Of His Newest Buildings / D'banj In-front Of Kanye West's Album Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West Getting Attacked Over His Use Of "Parkinson's" In His Newest Album. by Ivynwa(f): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
Kanye weiist is being attacked for using the name of the disease "Parkinson" in an unfeeling way as used in this his lyrics "Soon as I pull up and park the Benz / We get this b***h shaking like Parkinson’s.”

I like some of these rappers like Kanye West and Ricky Ross but when they make these stupid mistakes of not thinking about the effects of their lyrics, I don't sympathize with them. I mean how can Kanye West use that word like that knowing that his songs will be heard across the world and can sound offensive to others? In the case of Ricky Ross, i wondered what he was thinking when he sang "Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it/I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain’t even know it.” Didn't it sound to him like he r*ped the young lady in whose drink he doused molly in, he is even lucky he didn't get charged for that. High time they started being careful with the lines they drop as lyrics. Hey, come to think of it.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/rapper-kanye-west-attacked-by-parkinsons-uk-charity-over-inexcusably-stupid-shaking-lyric-on-track-from-new-album-yeezus-8665612.html

[size=14pt]
Rapper Kanye West attacked by Parkinson's UK charity over 'inexcusably stupid' shaking lyric on track from new album Yeezus [/size]

Kanye West has been accused of ignorance and stupidity after the rapper mocked Parkinson’s disease sufferers on his new album.

The track "On Sight", from the album Yeezus, includes the lyric: “Soon as I pull up and park the Benz / We get this b***h shaking like Parkinson’s.”

The main symptoms of Parkinson’s disease are stiffness and shaking in the form of tremors.

Steve Ford, Chief Executive at Parkinson’s UK, said: “Kanye West has shown an inexcusable level of stupidity and cruelty towards people living with an incurable condition.

“Life with Parkinson’s is difficult enough without becoming fodder for insensitive celebrities who should know better, looking for their next big hit.

“People with Parkinson’s have to cope with intolerable social discrimination on a daily basis – often to the point where they are afraid to go out in public – and this sort of thoughtless, callous comment can only serve to make things even worse for them.”

The American Parkinson Disease Association called the song “distasteful and the product of obvious ignorance.”

The Yeezus album is being kept off the top spot by Irish newcomers Kodaline, according to midweek figures released by the Official Chart Company.

Meanwhile West and his partner Kim Kardashian are reported to have named their new born baby daughter Kaidence Donda West

(1) (Reply)

Hottest 2013 Gospel Song :KOMAI NA(MY Everything)by Agbu2n / Ajemina - Wangere (Audio + Video Download) / President Goodluck Jonathan's Freestyle Rap... (exclusive Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.