Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

HELP: Noisy Tires - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP: Noisy Tires (4177 Views)

Hw Long Does Your Car Tires Retain Its Air Pressure On Average / How To Take Good Care Of Your Tires / 09 Corolla Noisy Cold Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP: Noisy Tires by Frankdamaxx(m): 9:33am On Jun 25, 2013
Before i read this thread, i was used to 35psi on my honda civic 2001 model, after reading the indicated tyre pressure on the drivers door side, which indicated 30 psi for all tires, i did that when i was going out and i have to say that it really improved the cars comfort and control. when i was using the 35psi, the car usually felt rocky and hard but has been very comfortable since i reverted back to the Manufacturers recommended psi. Please always do as the manufacturer recommends, they do series of test before stating such recommendations. And definitely, you cant compare what Honda/Toyota/Benz says about your car to what mechs say. Thanks Siena.
Re: HELP: Noisy Tires by chikasin4(m): 8:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
@ sienna, pls d vulcanizers i went to always inflate my tyres to 50psi, while 44psi is written on the tires of my cat (toyota sienna 2000 model). Pls tell me is dere any side effects an d ur advice. Pls reply m
Re: HELP: Noisy Tires by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
chikasin4: @ sienna, pls d vulcanizers i went to always inflate my tyres to 50psi, while 44psi is written on the tires of my cat (toyota sienna 2000 model). Pls tell me is dere any side effects an d ur advice. Pls reply m

I posted the potential risks and other associated side effects earlier in this thread, you may wish to refer back to my posts on the first page.

44 psi may well be indicated on your tyre sidewall, but that does NOT mean you should run your tyre pressures anywhere near that, unless that's what your vehicle manufacturer recommends. That is merely the maximum pressure the tyre has been tested to, that's all. It doesn't take into account what vehicle the tyre's going to be fitted to.

The Toyota Sienna is a mini bus, so the tyre correct pressures may well be high. I would still advise you to consult your Owner's Manual for the correct pressures. It should also be on a sticker in the driver's door recess. Check for the correct settings, and pay particular attention to the tyre sizes that should be fitted to your vehicle.
Re: HELP: Noisy Tires by chikasin4(m): 5:24am On Jun 26, 2013
@ siena thank u, my manual says 35psi on it, I will revert back to it, but did not know how long d tyre hv been used because i buy it early dis yr.
Re: HELP: Noisy Tires by benaye: 6:42am On Jun 27, 2013
click manufacturer to see the recommended http://www.puretyre.co.uk/tyre-information/tyre-pressures
Re: HELP: Noisy Tires by viperman: 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
Please people ALWAYS look at your owners manual to know the advised tyre pressure rating.
If you bought/have a tokunbo car that came without a car manual, then go with any tyre pressure between the following depending on your car type.

Small compact sedans e.g toyota yaris, matrix,corolla, honda civic, ford focus; hyundai elantra, accent etc
RECOMMENDED TYRE PRESSURE: 35psi(make sure all four tyres are uniformly pressured}

Mid-size-luxury sedans and Crossovers e.g honda accords, sonata's, camry's, lexus sedans, acura sedans, benz E & S class', Audi A6-8 etc
RECOMMENDED TYRE PRESSURE: 40-44psi(make sure all four tyres are uniformly pressured}

If you drive in Nigeria, except abuja/calabar where you have lots of good roads, Do not use anything lower than 35Psi for your tyres if you want your tyre rims to stay alive.
many cases of internally/externally broken rims due to low-pressured tyres running into potholes/bumps/road-studs demarcations.

THIS IS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND THAT OF MY NUMEROUS CUSTOMERS OVER MY 8years of CAR SALES
Re: HELP: Noisy Tires by tkaymuo(m): 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2013
chemvic:
@ Sienna pls i drive a camry 99 but i have bought new tyres 195/65 R15 for the front wheels and using 205/65 R15 for the back wheels and i intend travelling to enugu frm lagos wt the car ..pls is their any side-effects or contraindications?..thanks

@ siena thanks for the candid advise. pls is it adviseable i change the rear too to 205/60/R15. will this 205/60/R15 work as a good substitute to the 205/55/R15 that came with the Car? what are the indications...?
Re: HELP: Noisy Tires by tkaymuo(m): 6:48pm On Jun 29, 2013
@ Sienna pls i drive a camry 99 but i have bought new tyres 195/65 R15 for the front wheels and using my old 205/65 R15 for the back wheels and i intend travelling to enugu frm lagos wt the car ..pls is their any side-effects or contraindications?..thanks
Re: HELP: Noisy Tires by Nobody: 12:45am On Jun 30, 2013
tkaymuo: @ Sienna pls i drive a camry 99 but i have bought new tyres 195/65 R15 for the front wheels and using my old 205/65 R15 for the back wheels and i intend travelling to enugu frm lagos wt the car ..pls is their any side-effects or contraindications?..thanks

Ideally, you want all your tyres to be the same size. However the difference between a 195/65x15 and 205/65x15 is not much, just over 2%. So it's perfectly safe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breached Safety Issues At Filling Stations / Pls Can U Help Me With List Of Good Brake Pads And Brake Linning Brands. / Honda Accord ā€œDā€ Light Blinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.