Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: (1142 Views)

Can Someone Decode This Statement And Advise / Who Can Interpret These Two troubling Dreams For Me / WHATS UR VIEW ON THIS STATEMENT?... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by lifestyle1(m): 11:56am On May 10, 2008
''You are not a fool if you loose what you cannot keep
to gain what you cannot loose''
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by cescky(m): 9:09pm On May 10, 2008
gbam,right on the spot u hit the hammer on the nail head kiss
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by Cadet(f): 10:57pm On May 10, 2008
life_style:

''You are not a fool if you loose what you cannot keep
to gain what you cannot loose''

It means that it's better to let go of what you cannot keep, to gain what you cannot bare to loose.

For example, you have a prostitute and a GF. You let the prostitute go because you know you dnt love her and can't marry her. Therefore, by loosing the prostitute, you keep your long time GF that might eventually be your wife. You love your GF and can't bare to loose her.

Another example:
You're a not a fool if you run after your education instead of agreeing to be a married woman's bootycall undecided
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by ztyle(m): 1:34am On May 11, 2008
nice piece gal wink
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:49am On May 11, 2008
@ cadet

U go gurl grin
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by lifestyle1(m): 11:24am On May 12, 2008
Thanks Cadet, i really appriciate your contribution, i must confess, i have been battling with this statement for the past 1 week now, i guess that interpretation is okay for now, but if there is still any meaning, it will be highly welcome, tanks
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 12, 2008
It has some very important points:

1. Never overestimate yourself: it's good to be confident, but it's stupid to be stubbornly conceited. Trying to keep something you can't just to prove yourself has nothing constructive. There is no progress because all the time, you'll have to start all over again to regain it.

2. What you can't maintain is not yours. Forget that one day that thing will eventually decide to recognize you as its owner because believe me everything has a natural inclination. Whenever it finds the original keeper, it's gone forever.

3. Don't think you'll be or be seen as a loser if you can't keep what people expect you to. They are exactly like you. They are also battling to hold something not theirs tight but they are either too stupid or too proud to let go. Don't follow the flock sheepishly. Be Different!

4. Don't be demoralized because nothing ever stays with you. Just like you have lost something to its original owner, yours shall also come your way some day. Don't be too desperate and settlle for what isn't meant for you because when you do, there will no longer be space for what is rightly yours.
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by yemivictor: 10:56am On May 13, 2008
life_style:

Thanks Cadet, i really appriciate your contribution, i must confess, i have been battling with this statement for the past 1 week now, i guess that interpretation is okay for now, but if there is still any meaning, it will be highly welcome, tanks

Isn't the statement rather too self explanatory & explicit even!? undecided
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by lifestyle1(m): 3:00pm On May 14, 2008
Pro. Yemi, the way at which every individual assimilate things is quite different, so, i can decide to ask anything, "i no be efiko"

@ michelin89 , thank you for the explanation, i really appriciate it, May God give you more wisdom, i love u!!! smiley
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by yemivictor: 3:50pm On May 14, 2008
Oda mabinu o! lipsrsealed
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by RichyBlacK(m): 6:12am On May 15, 2008
michelin89:

It has some very important points:

1. Never overestimate yourself: it's good to be confident, but it's stupid to be stubbornly conceited. Trying to keep something you can't just to prove yourself has nothing constructive. There is no progress because all the time, you'll have to start all over again to regain it.

2. What you can't maintain is not yours. Forget that one day that thing will eventually decide to recognize you as its owner because believe me everything has a natural inclination. Whenever it finds the original keeper, it's gone forever.

3. Don't think you'll be or be seen as a loser if you can't keep what people expect you to. They are exactly like you. They are also battling to hold something not theirs tight but they are either too stupid or too proud to let go. Don't follow the flock sheepishly. Be Different!

4. Don't be demoralized because nothing ever stays with you. Just like you have lost something to its original owner, yours shall also come your way some day. Don't be too desperate and settlle for what isn't meant for you because when you do, there will no longer be space for what is rightly yours.

Nice interpretation. However, the statement in bold is excessively reactionary. What is the point of being different for no reason? The phrase "Be Different!" has no qualification and comes off as a command.
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by Nobody: 6:42am On May 15, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Nice interpretation. However, the statement in bold is excessively reactionary. What is the point of being different for no reason? The phrase "Be Different!" has no qualification and comes off as a command.

Have you heard of exaltations? I don't think when xtians pray, they are commanding God but rather asking or exalting him!
Exclamation mark means more than a simple order! cool
Re: Pls, Help Interpret This Statement: by jgbadebo: 4:27pm On May 16, 2008
from my own perspective, i see it as this:

If you are a man, bread winner and you are going through a tough time, and you have to decide on what to keep and what to let go. It's okay for you to let go of your mercedes benz so that you can afford to pay your mortage which you really need (shelter for the family). It does not make you any less of a man.

(1) (Reply)

How Early Child Bearing Breeds Irresponsible Children. / 360° Degree Family Life / Why Pay So Much For An Inverter ? ( Fueless & Noiseless Gen.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.