Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? (1090 Views)

Ben Bruce Orders Innoson Car For His Personal Use From The Anambra Based Company / Princess Stella Oduah Won The Anambra North Senatorial Seat. / Oseloka Obaze Likely to Emerge The Next Governor of Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by osymerga(m): 8:05am On Jun 21, 2013
Obaze: Is this Obi’s man for his job? 0
June 21, 2013 | 12:09 am
Politics
BY VINCENT UJUMADU
*SSG keeps mum about Anambra guber ambition
Governor Peter Obi has tended to behave like an apolitical public official while quietly undermining rooted political forces in Anambra State. With his exit date drawing nearer by the day, there are suggestions that he could be planting another seemingly apolitical man as heir.
AT a period when the many governorship aspirants in Anambra State are jostling for attention and trying to outdo one another with posters and other campaign gimmicks, one notable aspirant has been conspicuous by his seeming silence.
The Secretary to the Anambra State Government, SSG, Mr. Oseloka Obaze, considered by many to be Governor Peter Obi’s presumed heir has been largely mum. Like his principal, he is giving the impression that he is not a classic politician.
Gov Obi
Obaze, it would be recalled, was brought back by Obi from the UnitedStates of America, USA, where he wasa senior official at the United Nations, UN, to become the SSG. Since his return to Nigeria, the SSG, who hails from Ogbaru which is part of the Anambra North senatorial zone being favoured by his boss to produce his successor, has been engrossed in his work as the SSG despite his rumoured governorship ambition.
Given the well known impression that Obaze is nursing governorship ambition, it was not difficult asking why he is not yet campaigning and organizing meetings like other aspirants. Like a diplomat that he is, Obaze said it would be improper for him to jump the gun, insisting that he would only make known his ambition after the release of the guidelines concerning the election by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
“Many governorship aspirants are going about doing what they are not supposed to be doing. People have asked me about my political ambition and my position is that we must wait for INEC to release the guidelines for the election. I have taken cognizance of one thing because of whom I am and where I have been. I know that before we start electioneering, we must wait for INEC to give us the guidelines. So I am not going to make any pronouncement on the issue until the guidelines are out.
“Those who are putting up billboards and campaigning are actually violating the INEC regulation and that is why I want to appeal to people not to pressurize me to say anything that I am not supposed to say in order not to violate the rules. At the right time, we will sit down and I will tell everybody what my decision is.”
According to him, the large number of people that have shown interest in the race (at the last count about 32) should not discourage any serious aspirant, adding that the essence of democracy is that people come out to ask for votes and peopleare elected based on their records.
“It is assumed that you are good before presenting yourself and not to present yourself for people to findout if you are good. All those who are going to run the governorship election have their pedigree, but at the end of the day, it is the voters that will decide who becomes the governor.
Mr Obaze
“I maintain that the race for an election is like an Olympic Game where you present a lot of candidates and people are eliminated during the heats. It you run on somebody’s track, you are disqualified and at the end of the day, it is only those who run a clean race and get to the finished line that will win.
One thing is however very clear about Obaze’s governorship ambition and that is that his job as the SSG and chairman of the state flood rehabilitation committee for the resettlement of last year’s flood victims in the state, has enabled him to get acquainted with all the nooks and crannies of Anambra State. Indeed, he has become a household name in the state as he was at the head of the team that distributed relief materials to the over 60 communities that were affected by the flood. During that assignment, he brought his personality to bear on the people.
Besides, the political body language of Governor Obi indicates that the cap of governor could fit his SSG. For instance, while performing an official function in the state last Monday in Awka, Obi told stakeholders of the state that gathered at the Women Development Center that development partners are concerned about who will succeed him next year in view of the on-going projectsthey are executing in the state.
Obi said: “Their worry is that Anambra has come a long way in terms of partnering with international donor agencies and they have been expressing worry that what we have achieved in the past seven years could be wiped out in few months by a governor who does not have what it takes to interact with and attract donor agencies that have described Anambra as one of the most reliable states in the country in terms of the implementation of the Millennium Development Goals, MDG, in which the state has ranked among the best performer.”
Interestingly, INEC is expected to release the Anambra governorship election guidelines later this month and until then, Obaze will continue to keep mum about his ambition even if he is carrying out the campaigns behind the scene.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by asha80(m): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2013
most likely.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
That's the annointed one...Olisaeloka Obaze!
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by asha80(m): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
ifeanyi ubah no go gree.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
Ifeanyi knows he is not a major contestant in this race. He wants to be a governor but he just doesn't have the qualities. I am sure you read the interview by Oseloka Obaze and from there you should know that this is a man that believes in due process. He is very qualified and Obi knows this but he won't say anything until after the primaries. Obaze is even more qualified than Obi himself and Obi has always pray that God gives Anambra someone who is better than him. Oseloka is the Man!
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
asha 80: ifeanyi ubah no go gree.

Bros,what's your interest in this race ? You have steadily been following this race.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by asha80(m): 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Bros,what's your interest in this race ? You have steadily been following this race.
it is because of the potential anambra has of becoming an economic power house in nigeria that has not yet being fully tapped.well thank god obi has been able to put the state on a foundation to that(something previous administrations failed to do).the last thing anambra needs is a charlatan and unfocused person to mount the seat of governorship again(ifeanyi ubah in mind here).i have read oselokas profile but i have not seen or heard about his plans for the state maybe because he has not openly declared yet.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
asha 80: it is because of the potential anambra has of becoming an economic power house in nigeria that has not yet being fully tapped.well thank god obi has been able to put the state on a foundation to that(something previous administrations failed to do).the last thing anambra needs is a charlatan and unfocused person to mount the seat of governorship again(ifeanyi ubah in mind here).i have read oselokas profile but i have not seen or heard about his plans for the state maybe because he has not openly declared yet.

Nwanne,daalu for your concerns and observations. Indeed,Anambra has the potentials to become an economic power and like you know you can't grow an economy on an undeveloped and disorganized environment. This is the very reason why Obi wanted to tackle the MDGS,firstly. And you may be aware that Anambra is doing excellently in her goals to reach the MDGS by 2014 but as time will have it,Obi tenure will be coming to an end by next year. Nevertheless, Obi has a plan to bring in someone ,who is familiar with the standing ideology of his governance. Someone who understands the rudiments of governance,a person who will take Anambra to her promise land. The annointed one is Oseloka Obaze...May God be with him.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by slimghost(m): 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
Thats the man. Quote me. Oseloka Obaze will be the next Governor of Anambra State.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by asha80(m): 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nwanne,daalu for your concerns and observations. Indeed,Anambra has the potentials to become an economic power and like you know you can't grow an economy on an undeveloped and disorganized environment. This is the very reason why Obi wanted to tackle the MDGS,firstly. And you may be aware that Anambra is doing excellently in her goals to reach the MDGS by 2014 but as time will have it,Obi tenure will be coming to an end by next year. Nevertheless, Obi has a plan to bring in someone ,who is familiar with the standing ideology of his governance. Someone who understands the rudiments of governance,a person who will take Anambra to her promise land. The annointed one is Oseloka Obaze...May God be with him.
the problem is that some indegenes do not know the value of those mdg projects and goals.to them is all about beautifying onitsha,awka or nnewi and leaving the rest of the state to suffer.not saying anything is wrong with beautiying a city but personally i judge the development of any state by the level of infrastrure and standard of leaving in its rural areas.any i think the court has giving a judgement no longer recognising victor umeh as chairman of apga?i know he supports ifeanyi ubah.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by Zonacom(m): 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
slimghost: Thats the man. Quote me. Oseloka Obaze will be the next Governor of Anambra State.
Nwanne i admire obi but am afraid he might be disgraced in the coming elections. Ngige seem to have captured the heart of traders who make the bulk of anambra population. I have witnessed several occasions where ngige is hailed and praised by the crowd at gatherings. And that ngige man is a crook somehow, considering what he did during the senatorial elections. I'm afraid i tell you. My worst fear is that ngige winning means ACN or APC or whatever coming to seat at govt house awka.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by Zonacom(m): 6:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
slimghost: Thats the man. Quote me. Oseloka Obaze will be the next Governor of Anambra State.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by bestview: 9:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
Just got to Awka this evening. The news is everywhere in the city now. Oseloka is surely the next governor. A senior diplomat from United Nations.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:44pm On Jun 21, 2013
bestview: Just got to Awka this evening. The news is everywhere in the city now. Oseloka is surely the next governor. A senior diplomat from United Nations.

Before nko; Nwanne,spread the news. Ngige must me dusted out....Olisa dube Umu-Omanbala.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:52pm On Jun 21, 2013
asha 80: ifeanyi ubah no go gree.

Ifeanyi knows very well that this race is more of a battle of intelligence and brilliance and has nothing to do with buying and selling. He has already left Apga with his side kick Victor Umeh,after the later was disqualified as Apga chairman. Anybody who is fighting Peter Obi has already lost. Ngige will be disgraced and our beloved brothers in the north will take the mantle of leadership. Egbe belu,Ugo belu. Letting our northern brother to lead this time will solidify the trust,understanding and peace that is present in Anambra politics of today.
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by slimghost(m): 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
Zona.com:

Nwanne i admire obi but am afraid he might be disgraced in the coming elections. Ngige seem to have captured the heart of traders who make the bulk of anambra population. I have witnessed several occasions where ngige is hailed and praised by the crowd at gatherings. And that ngige man is a crook somehow, considering what he did during the senatorial elections. I'm afraid i tell you. My worst fear is that ngige winning means ACN or APC or whatever coming to seat at govt house awka.

The rural dwellers consist of a large chunk of Anambra voters and Peter Obi has their love. Ngige can't stand Obi in any gubernatorial election in Anambra. FACT
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by asha80(m): 5:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Ifeanyi knows very well that this race is more of a battle of intelligence and brilliance and has nothing to do with buying and selling. He has already left Apga with his side kick Victor Umeh,after the later was disqualified as Apga chairman. Anybody who is fighting Peter Obi has already lost. Ngige will be disgraced and our beloved brothers in the north will take the mantle of leadership. Egbe belu,Ugo belu. Letting our northern brother to lead this time will solidify the trust,understanding and peace that is present in Anambra politics of today.
are you sure ifeanyi ubah has left apga?to which party now?
Re: Obaze:Is He Obi's Man For The Anambra Job ? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
Peter Obi should allow Anambara people make their choice

the way Peter Obi licks Jonathan's backside and now want to impose someone on the state makes me feel Peter Obi has a lot to hide.

This is the reason I dont feel sorry for politicians sometimes. this is the same maan that went through hell when his mandate was stolen and so far Peter Obi is showing the very same undemocratic tendencies of those who stole his mandate.

(1) (Reply)

CIVILIAN JTF Arrest Boko Haram Chief Bomb Maker, Bula Modu / Sen Goje Introduces Himself As Member Of New Pdp / Since9nigeria Wetin Happen To Enugu Onitsha High Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.