Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating (26082 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Primegold: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2013
Nuzo':
Its really surprising that in a country of over 90 million men, we cannot comfortably source for at least 3 strikers that can stand world soccer powers.

It hurts. cry

Btw, I rate Jarus 9 for his ratings. cool

I feel your pain. Actually, we are 170m but it's not a function of numbers but more of competencies else China at 1.2billion people, India at 1billion, Pakistan, Bangladesh, USA, Russia, etc will all be world super powers in football.

So while Keshi continues with his search, we will do well to develop our local league in terms of infrastructures,sponsorships,technical crew and pay local players well to attract emerging talents. We also need to establish more football academies and fund them properly. Spain is today reaping the benefit of years of investment in football development. It can be so for Naija too. We have the raw talents already.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by nerodenero: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2013
Imagining football has a religion!!!Its followership will compete favourably with the two famous religions in the land.Hence,the reason why people who handle our football should do everything within their power to achieve results.The Eagles attack killed yesterday's game.This is an eye-opener for Keshi.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Jarus(m): 10:48am On Jun 21, 2013
Ajasnoop:

Did you actually watch the match? as someone said earlier you rated players out of emotion and sentiment rather than their actual contribution. To rate Musa as a 3 is totally absurd. He was our most effective player in the first half and I agree he fizzled out in the second. Ideye was ok. He didn't set the stadium alight but he merits at least a 5

It is important that we understand the limitations of our National Team. A team where John Obi Mikel is the most influential player is a pretty average team. Yes we won the Africa Cup of Nations, but the teams were very poor. We were able to beat the only half decent team Ivory Coast and that is why we are champions.

The team's weaknesses and limitations were exposed against a very average and ageing Uruguay side. We lacked that cutting edge and maturity that comes with age and experience. The defenders are OK bordering on good but the defence can be shambolic and naive. We lack imagination in the final third and without Victor Moses and Emenike we will always struggle. Perhaps the biggest drawback of the team is the bench. Babatunde and Akpala are not national team players

However, I am very optimistic about this present crop of Super Eagles and they are destined for greatness and will come good. The caveat is that we keep the current coaching set up. Keshi is definately on the right track and is building the team organically. We do not need prima donnas like Osaze, Yakubu or even Obafemi to upset the team balance. This is a young crop of players and the official average age of the team is about 22; in real terms it is closer to 24. we can get 4 to 5 good years from these players and the fantastic thing is that apart from Enyeama and maybe Mikel, the other players have a lot of scope for improvement. So I believe the only way is up

let us keep the faith and not succumb to any knee jerk reactions

CIV is not an average side. Player for player, they match top European national teams. Drogba, Yaya Toure, Kolo Toure, Gervinho, Saloman Kalou, Arthur Boka are players that have played in the biggest clubs in world football.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by redcliff: 10:49am On Jun 21, 2013
Promhize:

This post is funny. We will beat spain either way. Our team is world class apart for the strikers, hit like if u agree

Dislike! U morfurker
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by AdviserGeneral: 10:49am On Jun 21, 2013
Nice rating Jarus. In my own opinion, Keshi unknowingly sold out the game by introducing Babatunde in replacement of Oduamadi who invited the trouble for himself. Though we controlled the game but the subs were nothing to write home about. Immediately Oduamadi left that pitch, the attacking spirit died.. I tot I saw Martins on the bench, his introduction would have been a bit better.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 21, 2013
Crashed out?? Really??
Things do change in football my friend, we just need a result against Spain and hope the tahitian defence would be strong and composed against uruguay and not concede more than three goals in that fixture.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Soso990240(m): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2013
D sage: @ Jarus, I think Oboabona was ranked low, he defended well yesterday!
seconded.oboabona and omeruo is d reasn why uruguay scord only 2.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Jarus(m): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2013
tiarm: I think we also need a good midfilder det can hold ball very well.....

Mikel is doing that fine. And the guys supporting him (Ogu, Mba and Onazi) are not doing badly too. So we don't have problem with midfield.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by shadrach77: 10:52am On Jun 21, 2013
Nice. Enyeama was our missing link last night. How he has been able to man our post for ten years still remains a mystery sad sad sad angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Jarus(m): 10:53am On Jun 21, 2013
hornipipe: Crashed out?? Really??
Things do change in football my friend, we just need a result against Spain and [b]hope the tahitian defence would be strong [/b]and composed against uruguay and not concede more than three goals in that fixture.

Will suddenly be strong after conceding 16 goals in 2 matches? You can't do more than your ability. The Tahitians dont have what it takes to concede less than 5 from the Uruguayans.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by sCun: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2013
Adviser.General:
Nice rating Jarus. In my own opinion, Keshi unknowingly sold out the game by introducing Babatunde in replacement of Oduamadi who invited the trouble for himself. Though we controlled the game but the subs were nothing to write home about. Immediately Oduamadi left that pitch, the attacking spirit died.. I tot I saw Martins on the bench, his introduction would have been a bit better.
You are finished!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Ayodeleshow: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2013
All the team needs is to get prolific strikers. The defense and midfield for me are worldclass. I agree with the ratings except that Echiejile deserves a 6. He's learning fast and able to distabilize world bests. Suarez was barely seen for 90mins. Mikel was masterclass. Uruguay had more midfielders but Mikel commanded that Midfield truout the game. Those saying Musa is good definitely are not kept abreast with the new trends in world football. That's why man united will never sign usain Bolt no matter how much he pleads. Great speed is useless is you lack finishing. Musa has a bright future if he can work on and perfect his finishing. Ideye's only problem is alertness, sharpness and quick movements. if he can work on that, he'd be worldclass. if he was alert to a lot of Mikel's defence splitting passes, he'd have scored a bundle yesterday. i'm so sure if he was the one who got the ball the way Mikel got and scored it, we would not have had a goal. Mikel was alert, sharp and you saw the results BAM!! into the top corner. If Nigeria can get a Neymar for example, we'd bury any team trust me

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by surplussurplus: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2013
optimus-prime1:

Dude I hope you know Osaze was not dropped from the team because he was not delivering quality football, he was dropped because of interpersonal issues esp in the dresser room and his latest feud with Keshi...
He is still one of Nigeria's most lethal attackers with a sharp eye for scoring, so dont diss him like that ok?
he is miles better than Akpala, Ujah, Musa, Ideye and Babatunde.
If he can be forgiven by Keshi and he promises to change and be of good conduct- "I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH HIM ON THE TEAM"
just to let you know

okay.you can call him on your phone, pls tell him we need him. mumu
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2013
Obiagelli: I still stand on my point that keshi should have gone with isaac success, 17yrs is not too young for the senior team
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Soso990240(m): 10:57am On Jun 21, 2013
Nuzo':
Its really surprising that in a country of over 90 million men, we cannot comfortably source for at least 3 strikers that can stand world soccer powers.

It hurts. cry

Btw, I rate Jarus 9 for his ratings. cool
u are sick..what do u hav to say to india and china?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Allohrandy(m): 10:58am On Jun 21, 2013
Jarus: SUBS

12, BABATUNDE: Thrown into the fray for injured Oduamadi, and disappointed big time. I wonder how Keshi selected someone that plays in one backwater club in Ukraine that scored 2 goals in 44 matches. He doesn’t have the quality – maybe yet – to be a Super Eagles player. 3/10

13, AKPALA: I still wonder why Keshi invited this guy. He scored just one goal for Werder Bremen in Bundesliga last season and made fringe appearances. Yes, he used to prolific in Belgium, but football is about form. Bad decision on Keshi’s part. 3/10

14, Mba: Keshi threw in a midfielder with eye for goal for a good, but not-known-for-scoring Ogu. He needed an equalizer. But it was too little too late. The ‘elephant killer’ didn’t make much impact. 3.5/10

COACH: His attackers once again failed him. I’m not sure he made the right decision throwing Babatunde into the game that early. 4.5/10

OVERALL NEGATIVE: Super Eagles need sharp attackers. All their recent goals were scored by wingers, midfielders and even defenders (Mikel, Oboabona, Echiejile, Oduamadi and Musa). No reliable top 9 yet. I still think Martins and the Uche brothers are still relevant to this team.

OVERALL POSITIVE:
I think we expected too much from this team and we are impatient. The team is still under construction and these boys are still young. We also forget that Uruguay are champions in a continent that has Brazil and Argentina. What’s more, Forlan, Suarez and Cavani are no small players in world football. Not forgetting others players from Athletico Madrid, Liverpool etc. And this is a team we expected our own Ukraine and Belgian leagues players to defeat. It was a decent showing in my opinion.

http://jarushub.com/2013/06/21/player-rating-nigeria-vs-uruguay/
l completely agree with you; Uruguay is among the top 10 fifa team and also came 4th in the last world cup so I had always expected the Uruguay team to beat us because they have more world class players than our team. The only world class player in our team is mikel; while the other players are just average players. Considering the fact that we were the underdog, our players tried their best but were outclass by a better team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nuzo1(m): 10:58am On Jun 21, 2013
Scun: How many does India and China have with almost 1 billion men.

Thanks for the question. I like it.

1. Unlike Nigeria, the Chinese are more interested in table tennis, badminton, diving and gymnastics while the Indians are interested in Cricket. And they are doing great in these areas.

2. The chinese would rather watch or play basketball than soccer. An average chinese (young, old, male or female) knows more about NBA more than an average American. Just the same way Jarus knows about EPL more than Britons.

3. Recently, CNN showed a short documentary asking same questions about the chinese not being able to come up with a standard football team.

The Chinese have not remembered soccer. When they do...no be pesin go tell you.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by caprini: 10:59am On Jun 21, 2013
Enyeama dat was supposed to organise and motivate his mates,let them down woefully.He should leave the team.,period!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by merengue: 11:00am On Jun 21, 2013
DailyNews: I was disappointed last night, amidst all effort I made not to sleep off in order to catch the full glimpse of the game that ended in a heartbreak.

Honestly, Super Eagles need a sharp striker with the following skills:

1. Dribbling at high speed
2. Fast pace like Cristiano Ronaldo/Arjen Robben/Bale

And we also need to learn how to use wings like Man U and Bayern Munich. Wingers play a vital role in soccer, but unfortunately we hardly utilize our wings.

Can't Nigeria ever have strikers like: Bale, Cristiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba or at least Fabregas pls? Is high time Keshi look for a fast paced striker with excellent dribbling skills to convert goals for us.

Enough of those passing ball front and back pls....still under the shock. Sighs

Oga enough with the simple minded analysis. How on earth is Keshi supposed to produce all these players you are asking for; is he God? We have no proper academies, we always field over aged people at age group level; players who fade off after a few years, we no longer have the quality we used to have (as evidenced by the type of club sides most of our players play for), our league is a joke, our football administrators are gutter trash e.t.c. Abeg, Keshi is performing miracles with this very average team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by optimusprime2(m): 11:00am On Jun 21, 2013
Scun: Go and watch the match against Guinea in Abuja where we failed to qualify for AFCON 2012 and come back to tell me about Osaze again. People have short memories. It's not a coincidence that he has just 9 goals for Nigeria. Even Mikel has 4 despite playing less than him.
I have seen Osaze perform in the EPL currently, I have seen him on other previous appearance's for Nigeria, his 9goals for the position(Musa's postion) he played was'nt bad at all, he's got the experience and got the sting...
Be very sincere, are you tryn to say Musa, Babatunde, Ideye, Akpala, or Ujah are better than Osaze, like seriously??
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by theripper: 11:00am On Jun 21, 2013
I believe we have a formidable team, just needs a little fine tuning. Players like ideye , akpala and babatunde should be relegated to the bench. Musa should also come as a sub, think he is more lethal dat way. We dominated yesterday's match, our attacking prowess was just below par. Mayb an emenike, osaze or anichebe would have done better. We missed Moses' and onazi too. Mikel was the only penetrative midfielder we had yesterday.

Overall, kenneth omeruo was Nigeria's best player yesterday. Dat dude has grown to be a colossal figure in the defence.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by optimusprime2(m): 11:03am On Jun 21, 2013
Scun: Go and watch the match against Guinea in Abuja where we failed to qualify for AFCON 2012 and come back to tell me about Osaze again. People have short memories. It's not a coincidence that he has just 9 goals for Nigeria. Even Mikel has 4 despite playing less than him.
I have seen Osaze perform in the EPL currently, I have seen him on other previous appearance's for Nigeria, his 9goals for the position(Musa's postion, he did'nt play as an all out striker@the time I hope you know?) he played was'nt bad at all, he's got the experience and got the venom we need to assist this present team...
Be very sincere, are you tryn to say Musa, Babatunde, Ideye, Akpala, or Ujah are better than Osaze, like seriously??
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by fekoboy: 11:04am On Jun 21, 2013
you saying they should drop enyeanma (goalkeeper), can you keep? or who do you think for now is better than enyeama tell us......
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 21, 2013
Scun: How many does India and China have with almost 1 billion men.
abi o,n even usa sef.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 21, 2013
Our problem yesterday was Babatunde and Enyeama... I agree with you as regards the way our keeper keep this period. It calls for questioning. But, all the same, we possess them through out the match
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by uncletbuddy(m): 11:06am On Jun 21, 2013
well our guys played like a team. soo sorry for those blind Nigerian who are calling for d recall of d likes of Osaze, Martins, and those old guys who have been in d 9ja squad wen dey were at their peak & couldn't do any beta. Don't knw if u guys are blind bt I knw 4 sure dat Musa z a grt asset 4 d team and Ideye z another wonderful one though nt fit as a top 9 for d team. his pass gave birth 2 d goal o!
Well i think d Uche brodas shud b called & Muhamed Gambo shud b tried in d nxt match.

pls....
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by redcliff: 11:08am On Jun 21, 2013
Goke7:

Emenike and Moses possess the skills u are talking about in fact uruguay should thank God those guys were absent!

I swear!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Jonwesley(m): 11:10am On Jun 21, 2013
Enyeama shd be blamed for that second goal. He just flew himself to the ground when he shd have easily noticed that Forlan's ball was coming up high which at worst could have been parried away. How could Forlan have scored easily from there? Enyeama has always being a weakling in the team and we shd be depending on a new set of Keepers now. On the whole I'm proud of the team and I think they gave a good representation to Africa. Ideye, Musa could do better. I think Ideye shd play midfield rather than where he plays right now. Musa was good yesterday except the few blind runs at times. See Mikel push, and it gave him chance to exert himself as he shd. The absence of Moses and Emenike is the downfall of the team, and I think Keshi has known that already. Be4 the world Cup, we wld have a good team, confidently I'm saying this.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 21, 2013
nigeria is already out, even if we win spain ( anything is possible) we can only win by a lone goal or maybe two goals to one max, uruguay is sure to win tahiti by a wide margin, hence our win will be in vain, still an eagles supporter though
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Afam4eva(m): 11:10am On Jun 21, 2013
Our problem still boils down to attack. Compare our strike force with that of Uruguay. They got very few chances in the game and took most of it but our strikers just find it very difficult to convert our chances. That was what made the difference in that game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Afam4eva(m): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2013
Jonwesley: Enyeama shd be blamed for that second goal. He just flew himself to the ground when he shd have easily noticed that Forlan's ball was coming up high which at worst could have been parried away. How could Forlan have scored easily from there? Enyeama has always being a weakling in the team and we shd be depending on a new set of Keepers now. On the whole I'm proud of the team and I think they gave a good representation to Africa. Ideye, Musa could do better. I think Ideye shd play midfield rather than where he plays right now. Musa was good yesterday except the few blind runs at times. See Mikel push, and it gave him chance to exert himself as he shd. The absence of Moses and Emenike is the downfall of the team, and I think Keshi has known that already. Be4 the world Cup, we wld have a good team, confidently I'm saying this.
There's really no way he could have caught the second goal. He stood a better chance catching the first goal than the second one.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by goldfish80(m): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2013
vykte: The rating is cool! Except 4 d fact dat u gave musa a 3. Dat guy deserves a -3. He's such a bad player i wonder how he gets to play every match. Haruna lukman,rabiu ibrahim are better players and Keshi should realise some of this homebased players aint just good enough.
The two homebased player that played last night were. Mba and Obabona.. Ure saying they are not good enough? Naw for U

Obabonna getting a 5 is a mistake,that niqqa marked out Suarez totally. Pls let's give credit to whom credit is due. Obabona's rating made the entire ratings a complete joke.

Echiejile played his best game ever in his life last 9yt... He should have got atleast 8. He tracked back and never forgot his defensive duties as examplified in the last ditch burst of pace to denny Cavanni in the dying minutes.

Babtunde is simply not good enough. He offered nothing.

Musa was simply ineffective, with his cocroach brain,Even Ice Prince will deny this Musa sorta Aboki.2/10

The less said about Brown ideye the better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unai Emery Confirmed New Arsenal Boss / Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details) / Adorable Photo Of Super Eagles Star William Ekong, His Partner And Their Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.