Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,040 members, 7,828,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Rejoinder - 200 Nigerian Girls Traffiked To Russia Monthly! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rejoinder - 200 Nigerian Girls Traffiked To Russia Monthly! (775 Views)

Buhari Meets With Nigerian Girls Who Bagged First Class In India (Photos) / Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror / 200 Nigerian Girls Trafficked To Russia Monthly – Ambassador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rejoinder - 200 Nigerian Girls Traffiked To Russia Monthly! by goodtalk(m): 11:09am On Jun 21, 2013
Am really shocked to read this statement credited to the ambassador of Nigeria in Russia Amb Asam Asam though i doubt if such stargering figures were actually realised from his office, having laid that foundation i would like to delve into the issue from t'he perspective of someone that has schooled and lived in Russia for a while, and without any iota of doubt submit that that report is a hug wash emmanating from from demented quaters, a drummed up smear cammpaign to paint Nigerians in bad light and to call a dog a bad name in other to hang it, i must state that am quite impressed by the fury this topic has generated online since it was posted a few days ago drawing a hit of over 5000 visits.! Now back to the cross of the matter! I intend to give a little statistics i hope it might help lift off this vale of lies at least a little, the Russian embassy in lagos and Abuja grants interview just once a week i.e tuesdays and the highest numbers of people at a time you might see at the premises, tops may not exceed 20 people on any particlar interview day,infact most times the figure is about 10 people and as a matter of fact t'he Russian embassy is t'he least visited by Nigerian both in lagos or Abuja embassies, but if we sum up t'he figures t'he Russian visas issued to Nigerians in a month would hover at about 100 the rest applicants are simply denied! and from the t'he above figure of 100 i assure you unequivocally that 80 of them are male and t'he balance 20 are females and curiously enogh 90% of t'he visas issued are student visas! From t'he little analysis above it presourposes that just about 20 or so nigerian girls are issued Russia visas not even monthly but before new academic year i.e before september of every year, another twist to t'he whole matter, t'he Russian visa is one of t'he most controlled visas in t'he world as t'he Russian immigration are t'he once that issue t'he official letter of invitation all t'he way from Russia otherwise no applicant can even apply for a visa here in Nigeria without that document, aside that also t'he NDLEA clearance required by t'he embassy can discourage even t'he courageos as its t'he most difficult document to aquire! Mr Ambassedor sir i hope you remember t'he adage that says those that live in glass houses should never throw stones! I must say that t'he Nigerian embassy in Moscow is t'he wost of all t'he Nigerian embassies all over t'he world, of what use is an embassy that refuses to recongnise its citizen when they come to their own embassy? Of what use is an embassy that witholds student scholarship allowances for 6months an incidence that precipitated a riot of scholaship students in moscow smashing up cars and embassy building, of what use is an embassy that cannot speak up or defend its citizens {students} when they were unjustly expeled from there school? It took a combined action to sue t'he school in court before t'he decision was hurridly recended by t'he school, because t'he school was at fault and simply racial in their desposition and in the heat of the matter when the embassy was informed they simply blamed t'he school for admitting nigerians stating ,Nigerian were trouble makers wherever they are! Whats t'he use of an embassy that will fail to issue a nigerian student a letter of stating that he is actually a citizen of Nigeria even when t'he man has his Nigerian passport and speaks either of t'he Nigerian dialetts and it can be proved beyound any reasonable doubt that he is a Nigerian! What is an embassy! Its basically supposed to be a home to Nigerians wherever they are located, a place of succore, a place of hope, a mini Nigeria out of t'he geographycal land called Nigeria, what is t'he primary purpose of government according to t'he constitution ? Its suppose to provide welfare and security for its people, this role has been abdicated by the Nigerian ambassedor in Russia therefore we are calling on t'he president to sack t'he ambassedor forwith for painting t'he contry in bad light, even china and t'he Usa would never use disparaging and un printable letters to describe their own citizens even when they are involved in shady endevoursan a quick example are Russian salors just arrested in Nigeria for bringing in arms and amunition into t'he contry you would never hear their embassy calling them unprintable names but rather they will defend them and use every diplomatic means at their disposal to see to their realise, of course we know that 8 of them have already been realised! Thats an embassy at work! Not our embassy a place of fault finders, a place beareft of any diplomatic sagacity ! A home of dead woods!!! Sack him now! ,

(1) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka: The Crimes Of Buhari / EFCC Press Release : Fraudster In EFCC Net Over N5m Bank Alert Scam / WHY I DISAGREE WITH THE NEW DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LAW AGAINST WOMEN IN LAGOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.