Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice (999 Views)

Car Experts: What Is The Name Of This Car Please / I Want To Buy This Car Please Advice Me / Car Dealers Do You Have This Car? Please Provide It: Its Urgent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by mitey(m): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
Finally, I have gotten enough for the ride I have been dreaming of for a while cool I have seen some good deals here on Nairaland that I will like to contact. But before I do, I need the assistance of NL Auto dealers and people who have bought second-hand cars here in Nigeria to give me insights on the whole process involved.

Like,

How do I pay? (I don't exactly like the idea of carrying millions on my person)

What are the factors to look out for when inspecting a second-hand tokunboh car?

How do I get the car delivered to my house when it has not been registered?

How long does the registration process take, and how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by thepeoplescar: 5:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
I will kindly fill u in.
Answers
1. Bank transfer- pay the amount directly into the persons acct.
2.factors- check for mold or signs of rust.this indicates that it is a flood vehicle. U can do a diagnostic vehicle check.I can kindly offer such services.
3.its not difficult, just drive it down at a safe time of day, or better yet register it b4 u move it.
4. Registration- d amt depends on d type of car, but is shouldn't pass 40k. The reg should take about 2days.
Wht car are u hopn 2 get, I might b able 2 order a better deal.my BB pin-239add7c . No- 08120989645
Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by mitey(m): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
@thepeoplescar thanks for the advice.

Please guys I need more advice. There may even be some important things that I've not thought of.

Thanks.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by stankion(m): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2013
What kinda car of car do u want and where are u? Let's start from there. Registering is a piece of cake. Just hala me on 08056196089 or add me with 293F9AAB.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by mitey(m): 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2013
Please for those of you PMing me or saying I should call, say whatever you have to say here.

Thanks for the advice people.

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by mitey(m): 12:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
Anybody else? I only have till Saturday.
Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by jerryben12: 3:59am On Jun 27, 2013
mitey: Finally, I have gotten enough for the ride I have been dreaming of for a while cool I have seen some good deals here on Nairaland that I will like to contact. But before I do, I need the assistance of NL Auto dealers and people who have bought second-hand cars here in Nigeria to give me insights on the whole process involved.

Like,

How do I pay? (I don't exactly like the idea of carrying millions on my person)

What are the factors to look out for when inspecting a second-hand tokunboh car?

How do I get the car delivered to my house when it has not been registered?

How long does the registration process take, and how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you buy a car with clean title... This is a car you should consider
https://www.nairaland.com/1333143/2008-honda-accord-lx-p-n2.55m
Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by mitey(m): 2:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
jerryben12:

^^^^Thanks for your contribution. Please how do I know that a particular car has a clean title?
Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by USAutoBuy(m): 2:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
jerryben12:

You want him to buy a car of N2.5m as the first car ever? Really?
Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by Osama10(m): 2:23pm On Jun 27, 2013
mitey: Please for those of you PMing me or saying I should call, say whatever you have to say here.

Thanks for the advice people.

Lovely. cool
Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by mitey(m): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
US-AutoBuy:

You want him to buy a car of N2.5m as the first car ever? Really?

Please, what is wrong with that?
Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by USAutoBuy(m): 5:04am On Jul 01, 2013
mitey:

Please, what is wrong with that?

There is really nothing wrong with that. But realistically, your 1st car will be involved in a lot of mishaps. Fender bender, scratches etc. Its just the natural progression of things. Life is a learning curve. Part of learning is mistakes. That can be expected realistically (unless of course you chose to live in a different world we all live in)

Even if you can afford it, i will advise you buy something about N1m range. After your perfection, you can buy a N10m car if need be.

Just my opinion. Don't take it personal.

Regards

1 Like

Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by mitey(m): 5:12am On Jul 01, 2013
^^^^ That's good advice, I think. There is no reason to take it personally. Thanks smiley
Re: I Am About To Buy My First Ever Car. Please Advice by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 01, 2013
thepeoplescar: I will kindly fill u in.
Answers
1. Bank transfer- pay the amount directly into the persons acct.
2.factors- check for mold or signs of rust.this indicates that it is a flood vehicle. U can do a diagnostic vehicle check.I can kindly offer such services.
3.its not difficult, just drive it down at a safe time of day, or better yet register it b4 u move it.
4. Registration- d amt depends on d type of car, but is shouldn't pass 40k. The reg should take about 2days.
Wht car are u hopn 2 get, I might b able 2 order a better deal.my BB pin-239add7c . No- 08120989645

I dont subscribe to paying money into any cardealer's account even me. The normal thing is for you to send your money into a trusted friend's account if you can't be there physically. Then your friend will pay for the car on your behalf. This must be done after proper inspection. However, make sure he is someone you trust his judgment or else he may collect his own share of the cake and give you lopsided information about the car. Most especially if its a fairly used car.

(1) (Reply)

Registered Honda Element 2004 Model Forsale / Neatly Used 97/98 Pathfinda Jeep & Honda Odessy 4 Cheap Sales In PORT HARCOURT / Toyota Avalon 2005 Tokunbo For Sale 2.8m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.