Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,137 members, 7,842,261 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Four Children Burnt To Death As Daycare Staff Goes Shopping, Locking Them Inside - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Four Children Burnt To Death As Daycare Staff Goes Shopping, Locking Them Inside (1248 Views)

Four Children Died From Severe Heat After They Locked Themselves In A Car / Paid Live-in Nannies Vs Professional Daycare, Which Is Better For Babies? / Five Siblings Burnt Alive In Lagos After Parents Locked Them Inside The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Children Burnt To Death As Daycare Staff Goes Shopping, Locking Them Inside by Bigflamie(m): 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
An irresponsible daycare worker left four kids alone at home while she went shopping.
During the time she was outside, a fire broke out and sadly killed four kids and seriously injured three others.
24-year-old Jessica Tata from Texas, is facing life in prison for the death of the four young kids who were left in her care. Prosecutors allege that she went shopping at Walmart while leaving her daycare children home alone, when a fire broke out killing four young children.
Tata was seen on the security cameras shopping at Walmart. It is believed that the fire started after Tata left a frying pan with oil on a stove while she went out to run errands.
Two days after the incident, Tata fled to Nigeria. She was later arrested and extradited to the United States after a joint effort of the U.S. Marshals and Interpol.
The fire killed Shomari Dickerson, Kendyll Stradford, Elias Castillo and Elizabeth Kajoh, all less than three years old. Three other children in her care were left in critical condition and they were taken to the Shriner’s burn hospital.
Tracy Storms, who lost her grandson Shomari in the fire, told reporters: “Sorry, there is no forgiveness for anyone who makes an income watching children and has an audacity to leave them alone even for a second. I don’t understand how this woman can look herself in the mirror knowing that she destroyed seven children.”
This was not her first brush with fire. In 2002 Tata was accused of setting fire to the building of her schools. “We were told that Jessica had set a fire in not one but two places. She had set fire to the east wing and the west wing with toilet paper hanging from the ceiling,” a classmate said.
Tata is facing life in prison for murder, reckless injury and neglect, but her lawyers are arguing that she never intended to harm the children, therefore a murder charge is too harsh.

Source: http://www.informationng.com/2013/06/four-children-burnt-to-death-as-nigerian-daycare-staff-goes-shopping-locking-them-inside-daycare.html

Re: Four Children Burnt To Death As Daycare Staff Goes Shopping, Locking Them Inside by biolabee(m): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
Please go and face your crimes abroad

They will do havoc and then remember they are naija people

Animals
Re: Four Children Burnt To Death As Daycare Staff Goes Shopping, Locking Them Inside by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
Speechless
Re: Four Children Burnt To Death As Daycare Staff Goes Shopping, Locking Them Inside by angelTI(f): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
I av never approved the idea of locking people(children/adults) in.

This reminds me of another pathetic story of a woman that lost all her children in lagos last dec

RIP to the dead
Re: Four Children Burnt To Death As Daycare Staff Goes Shopping, Locking Them Inside by degurl(f): 3:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
This happened like 2yrs ago. She is in prison now.
Re: Four Children Burnt To Death As Daycare Staff Goes Shopping, Locking Them Inside by EfemenaXY: 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
This story begs the question: Why on earth was she looking after 7 children on her own?

Of which four died and three were seriously injured?? lipsrsealed
Re: Four Children Burnt To Death As Daycare Staff Goes Shopping, Locking Them Inside by RoyalRoy(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2013
Hmmmm....real sad story!!
====
====
On a funny note, how does someone named bigflame be the one reporting about fire mishaps?
What is there in a name?
A coincidence?
Re: Four Children Burnt To Death As Daycare Staff Goes Shopping, Locking Them Inside by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2013
old story
Re: Four Children Burnt To Death As Daycare Staff Goes Shopping, Locking Them Inside by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 22, 2013
Child buisness is a very fragile,sensitive and delicate buisness.how could she have locked all of them up indoors without leaving someone to watch after the kids.i feel so sorry for the parents of the kids.they must have cried their eyes out.
What even beats my imagination is that after commiting such careless act,she ran to naija.anyway it says a lot about how lawless,anarchical,barbaric and animalistic naija is.anything goes.naija is the only place where rapists,political large scale looters are walking freely,even murderers.incase anyone wants to argue with me that naija is not a land of murderes walking about,have they found the killers of the likes of henry okah,mko abiola,the i,,diotic king pin of bokoharam etc.

Nigerians INCLUDING ME need to look at themselves in the mirror before judging and blaming the west for their woes

very disturbing to say the least.i wonder why she didnt travel to countries like england,france,switzerland,luxenburg etc.smh

(1) (Reply)

Still On Sex Before Marriage / Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. / Iyabo Obasanjo,no One Would Wish To Have A Child Like You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.