Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread - Phones (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread (295503 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Lawalmd(m): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
some people are just plain dumb, ncc that has no single control over things going on in the communication industry are the ones this mumu is seeking information from and feeling like he's seen some big deal info to soil gionee name ode buruku

3 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
Lawalmd: some people are just plain dumb, ncc that has no single control over things going on in the communication industry are the ones this mumu is seeking information from and feeling like he's seen some big deal info to soil gionee name ode buruku
sum peeps just waste their precious time carrying a brand of phone on their heads
I pray they dnt turn psyco.

3 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by hardniola(m): 7:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
teckno dey fear gionee come go bribe Ncc.
Hahaaaa.

4 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 9:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
Proffdada: Gobe for gionee users

[size=20pt]i like this and thanks for the info

By this you just make Gionee more popular if dont know.

Also Im expecting your NCC to come and collect my phone from me.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Bornstar: 9:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
teckno dey fear gionee come go bribe Ncc.
Hahaaaa.

Bros this talk is the fact Tecno is afraid of GIONEE becos they are beast and more cleaver than tecno, their brain na BOOM
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Kexs: 9:41pm On Sep 10, 2013
Same NCC that doesn't look into networks that claim they are 4G and are giving us 50kbs speed? same Ncc which doesn't look into the network quality of the country ? Now all of a sudden they see gionee becoming big and popular dem bliv say dem Don see jackpot!!! what about all those fones wey dey ikeja wey no get name? shey na because them no big ni? . some one up there is very jobless or has taken bribe

5 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by s3nn2x(m): 10:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
It does not matter if the phone is not registered in Nigeria. I don't think it is under the Jurisdiction of NCC to register phones. The post looks fake to me, just like that fake post on XDA about God villa. If it was fake or not registered, it is up to SON to ban such a product.

The person that posted that info should post a working link.

4 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Bornstar: 10:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
New 5.7inch Tecno A2 aka Phantom F8: Pros and Cons
First of all, I am disappointed at the latest phone or phablet unveiled by Tecno, called The Tecno A2 aka Phantom F8.

Is this a new line of smartphone? Perhaps it is considering the screen size of the device which is 5.7in almost 6 inches. Devices having this screen size are usually referred to as Phablet. Examples are Samsung Galaxy Note

Perhaps you might ask why I believe that this new smartphone is a disappointment, I will like to present you with its features and specifications.

TECNO A2 AKA F8

Operating System: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Processor: MT6589 quad core 1.2GHz processor with embedded GPU

RAM: 1GB with 4GB internal memory with expandable MicroSD slot to 32GB

Camera: 13 mega pixel back camera and 8 mega pixel front camera. It also has a flash light for taking pictures in low light situation
Video recording capability and image size 720 x 1280.

Display: screen size is 5.7 inch with 720 x 1280 resolution. This means a HD screen.

Connectivity: WiFi and WiFi Hotspot, coupled with Bluetooth 3.0, GPS navigation, USB port and 3.5mm earphone port.

Sensors: this device is embedded with G sensor, Light sensor and proximity sensor

Network: 3.75G/3G/2G with bands GSM900/1800MHz/WCDMA2100MHz. Dual SIM standby with SIM 1 capable of 3G/2G data connectivity while the SIM 2 can only transfer data in 2G band.

Battery capacity: battery is 2630mAh capable of giving 17.3hrs of talk time and 280hrs of standby time.

Other features: FM Radio, Voice recording, eBook reader, supports popular audio, picture and video format by default.
Size: 106 x 82 x 8.9 mm and available in black and white build.

Now you have seen the specifications and you may begin to understand why I believe that I was disappointed with the specs of the device. This I will point out in pros and cons.

Cons
Firstly, the RAM of this device is too low. Most of the device in this product category which "phablet" comed with a RAM of at least 2GB.
Why can't Tecno make this device in 2GB. This would even set it apart from the newly released Infinix Alpha aka Ultimate force.

Secondly, the processor frequency is low. Expected processing frequency was 2GHz and at least 1.7GHz. This being said, this device didn't deliver in this department.

Finally, internal memory shouldn't be less than 8GB considering the camera is 13 mega pixel. Enough space should have been provided to accommodate the image size of photos taken.

Pros
First, a camera size of 13 mega pixel is good. And its a plus for this device. Furthermore, an operating system (OS) of 4.2 is great considering that inifinx offered a lower OS 4.1.2

Finally, the resolution isn't too bad but could have been better so as to compensate for the huge screen size.

Verdict
personally, I will score this device a 6/10 due to the aforementioned cons which are key and germane to a excellent phablet.

Price for this new Tecno device is N42,000 and available at Divine Anyi Coomunications Ikeja Lagos. Call 08060791362

Like our Facebook page and follow on Twitter for more tech news and guides
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
bornstar re edit and delete tht post... it has no buisness being here...
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by MuyiwaMike(m): 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
Those NCC people are clowns..they should rather find a long lasting solution to the crappy services provided by d Network providers in Nigeria instead of trying to harrass Gionee dat's masterly combining innovatns wit technology in d productn of mobile phones...we need more of their services in our country...this E3 is a masterpiece..its value is more than its price..i'm getting mine asap so Gionee users should be prepared to answer a whole lot of questions 4rm me...i go too trouble all of una ehn...

1 Like

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:49am On Sep 11, 2013
NCC are abunch of crazy mofos. they have left their jobs to go and poke their long noses in another man's job. the airtel am using is showing me 3.5G but i can swear am not even getting upto 200Kb/s. infact, at a time the network stopped connecting to the internet like say my mb don finish upon i get 1.2gb remaining. i tire for this AFRICA we dey so
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 2:11am On Sep 11, 2013
this tecno gionee fight don enter another level, i thought it was by innovation OEM fight and not by set up.
Cause the guy on facebook said so does not mean gionee is illegal.
See small P2 of 15k get screen as clear as 240ppi, all tecno entry level na 167ppi on a 3.x inch screen. Guy gionee forget NCC, remember how them bounce una low cost data request team tecno

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:40am On Sep 11, 2013
s3nn2x: It does not matter if the phone is not registered in Nigeria. I don't think it is under the Jurisdiction of NCC to register phones. The post looks fake to me, just like that fake post on XDA about God villa. If it was fake or not registered, it is up to SON to ban such a product.

The person that posted that info should post a working link.
The OP who asked NCC such rediculous question was vividly displaying his high level of ignorance. I was like, "What has NCC got to do with registration of phones?
Have they abandone thier primary job which is checking in our network providers to registering of phone brands?
Its funny how sum ignoramus took this in easily and started posting it here, making a BIG f**l of themselves!!!

1 Like

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by stevalos555: 3:50am On Sep 11, 2013
embarassed[color=#990000][/color] Please someone should help me with stock rom of gionee infinity (ics) or it's stock recovery. img even if it means paying for it. My fone 's in really bad shape. Messed up trying to flash custom cwm recovery to it. I'll appreciate it very much!!
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by stevalos555: 3:56am On Sep 11, 2013
Please someone
should help me with stock rom of gionee
infinity (ics) or it's stock recovery. img
even if it means paying for it. My fone 's
in really bad shape. Messed up trying to
flash custom cwm recovery to it. I'll
appreciate it very much!!
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 5:07am On Sep 11, 2013
You will have to find it in an Indian site or a Chinese forum, I bet you will find infinity users here
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Proffdada: 7:25am On Sep 11, 2013
as much as I tried not to pour pepper on ur open wounds, and as much as i'd like to trade insults with u,I'll like to ask u :which or what government body is responsible for the monitoring of emission of radiation from electronic devices which maybe harmful to human tissues? na NAFDAC or SON?.u should know it's exactly what NCC stands for not chasing network providers around or trying to regulate tariffs. gionee maybe harmful or safe but it is illegal and not recognized by NCC yet. this is a word for the wise

1 Like

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 11, 2013
so you have spoken the word of the WISE??

lwkmd...

i rather use 3000 gionee product, than give a hoot wat NCC thinks bout them...

picture this, back in d dsys when Tecno and some oda chinko phones where selling in nigeria witout d NCC approval.. NCC did or said nothing.. .

then in steps gionee, and they still said nothing..

then gionee sells for bout a year, start making their bucks in Nigeria , and NCC thinks, hmmm dis guys are making it in naija ooo.... lets go score big from them...

lol..

Gionee dey registered in U.S.A, india, and France...

na ordinary nigeria dey no go com dey registered??

this is d last time im speaking on dis...

but PROFDADA whenever u try making things up, MAKE LINKS AND THINGS LOOK REaL...

MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A REAL DECLARERATION FROM NCC...
AND NOT JUST SOME QUESTION AND ANSWER BETWEEN , A SUPPOSED NCC AND AN INDIVIDUAL....

abeg back to topic,

any new ROM yet??

1 Like

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2013
Proffdada: as much as I tried not to pour pepper on ur open wounds, and as much as i'd like to trade insults with u,I'll like to ask u :which or what government body is responsible for the monitoring of emission of radiation from electronic devices which maybe harmful to human tissues? na NAFDAC or SON?.u should know it's exactly what NCC stands for not chasing network providers around or trying to regulate tariffs. gionee maybe harmful or safe but it is illegal and not recognized by NCC yet. this is a word for the wise

SAME THING WITH Recognised TECNO ANDROID They are not listed by NCC as legal

NO N3, N7 , F7,A+,A2,N9 etc

and the funniest thing the list was last updated in 17 oct 2012 almost a year .

About emission of radiation
Play your Tecno phone on your chest or tommy for 5-10mins and tell me what happen

Less I forget thanks for your Concern (but take time to check that document and answer why tecno have diffrent name)

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 8:10am On Sep 11, 2013
deejay_harry1: so you have spoken the word of the WISE??

lwkmd...

i rather use 3000 gionee product, than give a hoot wat NCC thinks bout them...

picture this, back in d dsys when Tecno and some oda chinko phones where selling in nigeria witout d NCC approval.. NCC did or said nothing.. .

then in steps gionee, and they still said nothing..

then gionee sells for bout a year, start making their bucks in Nigeria , and NCC thinks, hmmm dis guys are making it in naija ooo.... lets go score big from them...

lol..

Gionee dey registered in U.S.A, india, and France...

na ordinary nigeria dey no go com dey registered??

this is d last time im speaking on dis...

but PROFDADA whenever u try making things up, MAKE LINKS AND THINGS LOOK REaL...

MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A REAL DECLARERATION FROM NCC...
AND NOT JUST SOME QUESTION AND ANSWER BETWEEN , A SUPPOSED NCC AND AN INDIVIDUAL....

abeg back to topic,

any new ROM yet??

here is the link https://www.facebook.com/nigerian.communications.commission
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 11, 2013
4peace:

here is the link https://www.facebook.com/nigerian.communications.commission
JESUS CHRIST. is tht NCC facebook page?? it looks deserted and dry... imagine just 1 comment each..on all their post

.dude thanks for d link ooo...

NCC is DRY
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by ajoddo: 8:21am On Sep 11, 2013
hello fellow e3 brodas,i subscribe for d airtel weekly subscription of 200 naira but it doesnt wnt tu connect d 3g comes up but doesnt stay for long.i guess d ascess piont is ok because i used d same ascess piont d last time i did d weekly subscription it was for a whole week but dis time around dey said it will expire in 3days time.wat might be d problem,i nid ur help urgently.was using internet.ng.zain.com as d ascess piont
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 11, 2013
ajoddo: hello fellow e3 brodas,i subscribe for d airtel weekly subscription of 200 naira but it doesnt wnt tu connect d 3g comes up but doesnt stay for long.i guess d ascess piont is ok because i used d same ascess piont d last time i did d weekly subscription it was for a whole week but dis time around dey said it will expire in 3days time.wat might be d problem,i nid ur help urgently.was using internet.ng.zain.com as d ascess piont
Try switch 2 Edge cos Airtel 3G signal is nohing 2 write home about
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by dasdexter(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2013
Proffdada: as much as I tried not to pour pepper on ur open wounds, and as much as i'd like to trade insults with u,I'll like to ask u :which or what government body is responsible for the monitoring of emission of radiation from electronic devices which maybe harmful to human tissues? na NAFDAC or SON?.u should know it's exactly what NCC stands for not chasing network providers around or trying to regulate tariffs. gionee maybe harmful or safe but it is illegal and not recognized by NCC yet. this is a word for the wise
, guy u mumu die, jst ignore dis punk a55, dey are jst plain childish, tecno is a gud fone but d user's are plain kids, goin all d way to ncc for what ?, no wonder ur threads are full of argument & insult not a single gud tweak comin out from dem, dey will cum here & start dloadin all our uploaded apps.

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2013
4peace:

SAME THING WITH Recognised TECNO ANDROID They are not listed by NCC as legal

NO N3, N7 , F7,A+,A2,N9 etc

and the funniest thing the list was last updated in 17 oct 2012 almost a year .

About emission of radiation
Play your Tecno phone on your chest or tommy for 5-10mins and tell me what happen

Less I forget thanks for your Concern (but take time to check that document and answer why tecno have diffrent name)
Illitracy and unwaranted hatred is killing sum peeps here on NL.
I downloaded the PDF file that contains list of registered phones. Even the recent Tecno Smartphones 4rm N3 to the latest F8 are not listed there.
Outdated list almost a year ago. I wonder how sum1 wuld just wake up in the morning, cook up something in his head and dish it out publicly 2 make a mockery of himself?
Check the profile of the op on the fb page Fake!!!
Am sure once that list is updated, we would see Gionee and even Tecno's current smartphones on the list.
Btw: Gionee's 1st smatphone was release just a year ago(Gionee Infinity). Gionee has even signed up a contract deal with MTN. Its only a matter of time b4 they take their rightful place as true Innovators. The competition has only begin!!!
Nobody can stop GiONEE librating us 4rm our "LIBRATORS"
Enough said..... We should 4get this derailing matter!!!

1 Like

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by ajoddo: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2013
how can i switch tu edge@godvilla.airtel ntwrk is ok here i dnt tink dats d problem
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 11, 2013
ajoddo: how can i switch tu edge@godvilla.airtel ntwrk is ok here i dnt tink dats d problem
Perhaps, netwrk signal is fluctuating in ur area.
Try as much as posible 2 call their customer care service.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by tosomaju(m): 10:16am On Sep 11, 2013
I called the gionee lagos center number to demand for an e3, the guy that answered me said it goes for 42k, but he will give me for 37k. This is contrary to the price i got from this thread ie 33k... If gionee itself sells for 37k i wonder how it can go for less, pls someone should bail me out.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 11, 2013
tosomaju: I called the gionee lagos center number to demand for an e3, the guy that answered me said it goes for 42k, but he will give me for 37k. This is contrary to the price i got from this thread ie 33k... If gionee itself sells for 37k i wonder how it can go for less, pls someone should bail me out.
d guy u called, na dealer wey just wan chop him share..

e3 is 34grand highest.

e5 is 45grand..
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:38am On Sep 11, 2013
dasdexter: , guy u mumu die, jst ignore dis punk a55, dey are jst plain childish, tecno is a gud fone but d user's are plain kids, goin all d way to ncc for what ?, no wonder ur threads are full of argument & insult not a single gud tweak comin out from dem, dey will cum here & start dloadin all our uploaded apps.

This dude ehn......very funny
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by ajoddo: 10:50am On Sep 11, 2013
god villa pls,how do i upgrade mi driod vpn account tu prenium.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:54am On Sep 11, 2013
ajoddo: god villa pls,how do i upgrade mi driod vpn account tu prenium.

Check the last 2 pages

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (161) (Reply)

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### / Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.