Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State (8504 Views)

#TeamEkiti C14: Those Posted To Ekiti State / Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / NYSC 2013 Batch B House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 3:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
Past or present Corpers posted to ekiti state can connect here.

Past members, Any info you guyz would like to share about camp? Good? Bad? pls feel free, any tips would be welcomed.
Thanks
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
lalaboi: Past or present Corpers posted to ekiti state can connect here.

Past members, Any info you guyz would like to share about camp? Good? Bad? pls feel free, any tips would be welcomed.
Thanks
Have u been posted to Ekiti? I have and I'm hoping to meet a few people before going off to camp. Hull Uni class of 2011. Anyone posted to Ekiti feel free to drop me a line.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by VURN(m): 7:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
Batch C, 2012 corper. Currently serving in Ekiti. Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti to be precise. You will enjoy the place if u're under d favour of God. Camp is always filled with fun. Congrats!!
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 8:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
I got posted to Ekiti.. . And have been doing some research about the camp and stuffs. I will be posting findings here in a bit.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 8:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
The Address. .

[size=14pt]EKITI: NYSC PERM ORIENTATION CAMP ISE/EMURE GRAMMAR SCHOOL. ISE-ORUN LGA, EKITI STATE [/size]

How to Get there, If your going with Public Transport from Lagos - Culled From Last Year's Batch Thread
[size=14pt]From Ojota, board a bus going to Ado-ekiti. Alight at the last bus-stop and ask anyone for where Ise-Emure buses load. Infact, u will get it easily because a lot of people will be going to camp.[/size]
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 8:49pm On Jun 21, 2013

Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 9:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
What You WIll Need. . .

Camp Items

1 Documents and Photocopies
2 Call-up letter
3 Statement of Result/transcript
4 First degree certificates
5 School ID card
6 Passport photographs
Comments
You won't be allowed into camp premises without any of them. Go there with about 10 passports & 5 document photocopies each

Toiletries
Essentials

7 Toothbrush & Toothpaste
8 Bath soap & Sponge
9 Detergent & Bar Soap
10 Toilet Paper
11 Towel

Others

12 Sanitary Pads & Tampons
13 Shower Caps
14 Bleach
15 Disinfectants
16 Buckets & Bailer
17 Body Cream & Lotion

Its ok to buy buckets and non-essentials at the camp.

Clothing Items

18 White T-shirts
19 White Shorts
20 Whites tennis shoes
21 White socks
22 Underwear
23 Bed sheets
24 Perfumes/ body spray
25 Rubber slippers/flip flops
26 Combs and hair needs
27 Makeup & accessories

* You will be provided with 2 pairs of white T-shirts and shorts in camp but you can take up to 2 pairs along.
* Colored panties will be too conspicuous under the white tops and bottoms.
* You can take a 2 - 3 sets of casual wears/mufti for Sunday and camp fire night.
* 1 pair of shoe and socks is okay. It is good to have a white rubber shoe that is easy to clean (sold at camp also)

Other Recommended Items

28 Torch lights
29 Mosquito nets/mosquito repellant
30 Food flasks, cups, drinking flasks & cutlery
31 Cloth hangers
32 Wrist watch
33 Padlocks and keys
34 Waist pouch
35 Handkerchiefs/face towels/Kleenex
36 Pegs/clips

37 Get a cheap watch. Every one uses a waist purse. Its your camp bestie. Most of these items can be easily bought in the camp so don't worry. If you cant get them before travelling.

Optional First Aid Items

38 Methylated spirits/ rubbing alcohol
39 Band aids/plasters
40 Robb
41 Bandages
42 Cotton wool
43 Anti-purging pills (flagyl, tetracycline etc.)
44 Anti-malaria pills
45 Inhaler (for those who are asthmatic)

These aren't necessary except you have something to treat or known allergies

Miscellaneous

46 Camera & batteries
47 Writing pads and stationary
48 Novels/Books
49 Pillow
50 Games
51 Mp3/ iPod
52 Eye pads for sleeping & ear plugs
53 Surge protectors / extensions
54 Glue sticks & stapler

If you have an internet-enabled camera phone, do take it along. Camp life can be very boring without one. You will like to take pictures and share with your friends. You only need to be very vigilant and protective of your things. If you feel you need a bulletproof vest or helmet, please carry it. You know what we mean, don't you?

55. MONEY, MONEY, AND MORE MONEY.
* Never, ever, ever run out of it. Bring as much as you can afford.
* Mirrors and forks are known to be contraband items in camp
* Prices of items apart from fast consumer goods (Credit, Gala, Indomie etc) are usually higher than those outside so it is advisable you buy the things you can before going into camp.

PACK AS LIGHT AS YOU CAN AND MAKE SURE YOUR BOX IS AS THEFT-PROOF AS POSSIBLE.

SOURCE: https://www.nairaland.com/1090795/55-things-nysc-members-should

1 Like

Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
. This muchacho just scared me lol

Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 21, 2013
Thanks for the info cuz, well appreciated. I guess tomorrow is going to be a very busy day. Drop me a line on whatsapp tomorrow. Sending u a message with my number. Cant whatsapp tonight cos I still haven't unlocked my phone since getting back. Hopefully will sort it out tomorrow
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 9:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
I'm Femi, U said you finished at University of Hull right?
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 21, 2013
lalaboi: I'm Femi, U said you finished at University of Hull right?
yeah. Best 3 years of my life. Where did u finish from?
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
I finished from London Metropolitan . . . I know a couple of peeps in that Uni tho.

Ekiti seems to be a place for foreign trained nationals . someone i know from uk also got posted there last year
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
Ha, amen amen amen this is great! Lol I've been furiously brushing up on my naija for fear of being labelled in camp. Now at least I've got a fellow ajebutter-in-arms, so it shouldn't be so bad. Who do u know from Hull? I might know them.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
A certain Nairalnder is at University of hull, i dont think he would like to be named.

cousins, Dele and Kunle Ayoola. Not sure what they are studying tho.

ABout camp, Fam, you gotta form local oh grin. Bringing out all the Ibile united in me! forming will only get you scammed/targeted!

sending you a mail with my number that will work with whatsapp,
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lol thanks, got your pm. I'm not into forming anyway. I speak my Yoruba fluently and I spent a year at Igbinedion before transferring so my pidgin is super saiyan. Looking forward to this Ekiti of a place. It seems so fiercely rural and it looks the sort of place one will either fall in love with and never leave or spend every weekend in Lagos and count down the days until passing out.

1 Like

Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Eaugusta(f): 11:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
I rep. Ekiti NYSC batch C 2013. Meet u guys there
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Eaugusta(f): 11:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
Eaugusta: I rep. Ekiti NYSC batch C 2013. Meet u guys there
sorry guys batch B I mean

1 Like

Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Tyina27: 12:38am On Jun 22, 2013
Eaugusta: sorry guys batch B I mean
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 5:58am On Jun 22, 2013
For those going with Public Transport

[size=14pt]From Ojota, board a bus going to Ado-ekiti. Alight at the last bus-stop and ask anyone for where Ise-Emure buses load. Infact, u will get it easily because a lot of people will be going to camp.[/size]
Someone posted that from last Year's Batch
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 6:22am On Jun 22, 2013

Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 6:22am On Jun 22, 2013
Looking forward to meet the "Captain JF London" grin
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 9:06am On Jun 22, 2013
A certain Mama Nonso came up twice during my research, the food must be that Good grin

Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 9:08am On Jun 22, 2013
Agbgift: I finished my service wift d last batch B corp members dat passed out june dis yr. Ekiti state is a nice and safe place to be. U will definately enjoy d place. D following places are cool towns in ekiti, ikere, ado dats d state capital, ifaki, ikole and oye. I served under oye local gvt. D local gvt of d state governor. The meaning of oye is harmattan(abroad in ekiti state).my house rent was 800 per month for a good self contain. Pls try visit most of d resort places in ekiti. Places like ikogose,were u ave cold and warm water coming out of d same spot.and dats where they produce gossy water. U all will enjoy ekiti. Cos its one of d safest place to serve. Salaries are regular, food are cheap.if u love plantain and banana u go see am chop tire. Their students love corpers. Transportation cheap too. All d best guys. Ave fun in ise emure camp. As for doz who will be in platoon 6 in camp. Pls make platoon 6 proud. We where d best in camp in my tym. We were rewarded wift letter of recommendation. Ekiti state brought goodluck to me and I pray it brings goodluck to u all. All d best.

3 Likes

Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 9:12am On Jun 22, 2013
nwaire:
Dont be scared u are coming to 1 of the best camps in Nigeria Ise-Orun Emure, when u leave the camp u will look back an wish, u were left there to complete ur service year, enjoy ur stay in camp make contacts an have fun, at the WHITE CANOPY, Ekiti State pay corps members N5k, trust me its alot of money outside the major cities in Ekiti State, the truth is you may not like the place at first, especially if you are from the major cities around the country, but you will love the place after a while of staying, the people are so hospitable, they will threath u with great respect, they will threath you like god, just keep your own side of the bargain ''Obey The Clarion Call''
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by lalaboi(m): 9:17am On Jun 22, 2013
Looool. This was funny.

I also served in Ekiti some years back, I am one of the luckies to be posted to a Secondary school called OUR CHRIST FOUNDATION ACADEMY EMURE a stone throw from the CAMP, many of my colleagues were posted to wood factory in the far forest to produce and process timber because Wood factories are the largest employer of Corpers in the state, the atmosphere their is nice and good but for those of you with swagger on women mind your business when it comes to that, never and ever touch them because ekiti people apply magic on their women, the moment you have an affairs with them the instance you die, we did not believe this to be true till about 5 corpers found dead as a result of that, then later NYSC authority swung into campaing to educate corpers that they should avoid women in the state because of the existence of Canal protective charm, i cant remembered the name of the charm, those of you there should find out pls.
I also remembered my days in EMURE, my Yoruba friends, Muslim corpers activities, my group called I AND I FAMILY, etc
wooow! Life and time are always parallel, how i wish i can still witness same but unfortunately it is only once in life time.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by diesel86: 11:34am On Jun 22, 2013
@ lalaboi tanx 4 d info... My hi to daz_york n all other otondos posted to Ekiti State. Repping Ekiti batch B corp members.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2013
Post modified by handler.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 22, 2013
And if u wanna work ur place of primary assignment to their capital city. I knw a few nysc staff who could help. Just pm me!

1 Like

Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
And i gotta add this... Most of ya'll been posted to E-city r gonna be classroom teachers... Except for the medical/health science grads.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 22, 2013
lalaboi: Looool. This was funny.

LMFAOOOO I DON DIE!! So 5 of them actually died?! Hian!
*note to self* avoid Ekiti women except u want to break mummy's heart. Ki olorun ma toju mi sha.
Re: Batch B 2013 Corpers Posted To EKITI State by donktrax(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
This is the perfect time. My girl jst told me she is not feeling d vibe. I think I shud, so I die fast joor.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Relocation : The portal now open for Batch B1 &2 2015 / Senate List Update For 2021 Nysc / Nysc Batch B,stream 2 Commences On 10th January 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.