Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Don’t Mess Around With Fortune Tellers, Horoscope Etc - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don’t Mess Around With Fortune Tellers, Horoscope Etc (625 Views)

Pastor In Adultery Mess, Flees Housewife’s Home Unclad / Are Fortune Tellers Really Telling The Truth? / Should A Christain Be Moved By A Horoscope Prediction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Mess Around With Fortune Tellers, Horoscope Etc by sidespin: 4:18pm On Jun 21, 2013
DON’T MESS AROUND WITH FORTUNE TELLERS, HOROSCOPE ETC

The spirit realm is real. I held a meeting once for a preacher friend of mine in Texas. He told me that when he was 36 his first wife died and left him with five children. This was in Depression days and preachers didn't take vacations then. But after his wife died, the church members told him to go on a vacation because he needed to get away.

The church board gave him several hundred dollars and he was going to take 30 days and just see America. He went to Denver and got a room in a hotel. On a Saturday night he was walking along a street when he saw an old theater building. A sign outside said they had services at 7:30 on Sunday nights. He didn't know where else to go, so on Sunday night he rushed down to this old theater. When he got inside he found the place full. On the platform was a baby grand piano, but there was no pulpit. He knew that Pentecostal people, back in those days, didn't have pianos like that.

Soon a woman in an evening gown came out. She sat down at the piano and began playing "Rock of Ages." She played for a while and then a man dressed in a tuxedo and a tall hat came out. He walked up to the piano, pulled his hat off, and started singing "Rock of Ages." My preacher friend said he couldn't figure it out. Then they turned all the lights out except a spotlight on this couple. She played, and he sang two verses of "Rock of Ages." When they got to the third verse, the woman disappeared into thin air, but the piano kept on playing, and the man sang the third verse through. The minister said he sat there with his eyes bulging.

When the man finished singing, he walked right up to this Full Gospel minister and said he had a message for him. He told him his wife had died recently. (How could the man know that? Because the devil does know some things.) He told him his wife's spirit was there. He said he had a message for him.

My friend confirmed the fact that his wife had died, but said she was in heaven; she wasn't there with them. He also said he didn't believe this man had a message from her. This is exactly what this preacher should have told him. How did this man know all this? My friend was a stranger to him, but the devil knows some things. The man asked him if he refused to accept the message, and my friend told him again that his wife was not there. He told him she had been a Christian who had died talking in tongues and praising the Lord. He told him she was in heaven.

If my friend had listened to him, there's no doubt in my mind that the man would have told him something that only my friend knew. It would have been supernatural. But the man walked back up the aisle and my friend got up and left. That happened whether you believe it or not. I believe God can stop whatever the devil does. We don't have to mess around with fortune tellers, soothsayers, astrologers, or anybody else. We have the Word of God and, as the Spirit wills, the gifts of the Spirit. (Kenneth Hagin)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. / Who Determines The Marriage Age Limit. Dr. Ahmad Abubakar Mahmud Gumi. / Femi Aribisala :christians – A Motley Group Of Very Strange Bedfellows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.