Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. (624 Views)

Catholic Priest Slumps And Dies In Anambra During Church Service / I'm A Pentecostal, I Attended A Catholic Church For The First Time And... / Of What Use Is The Judgement Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by Emyo(m): 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
Have you witnessed or heard of a catholic Priest who impregnanted a lady?

I really need to know the 'judgements'. What happened to the priest?

URGENT FOR AN ASSIGNMENT
Re: What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
I will assume that he will lose his priesthood-ship, if there is any word like that
Re: What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by Ubenedictus(m): 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
it is very hard to tell, there are many posibilities, there is only one certainty, he will be asked to answer for himself in an ecclesiastical court and the case will be overseen by the congregation for faith and doctrine, if the act was non consentual (rape) he will be reported to the police and posibly derobed, if consentual the consequence range from very heavy sanctions like withdrawal of all priestly faculties to laicization, whatever it is, the mother and baby must be considered.
Re: What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by Emyo(m): 7:02am On Jul 12, 2013
Fhemmmy: I will assume that he will lose his priesthood-ship, if there is any word like that
i was thinking that it was like this 'once a always a priest'.
Re: What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by Emyo(m): 7:10am On Jul 12, 2013
All the same thank you everybody. I Think i have got some kind of road map to my research.
Re: What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by Emyo(m): 7:15am On Jul 12, 2013
Ubenedictus: it is very hard to tell, there are many posibilities, there is only one certainty, he will be asked to answer for himself in an ecclesiastical court and the case will be overseen by the congregation for faith and doctrine, if the act was non consentual (rape) he will be reported to the police and posibly derobed, if consentual the consequence range from very heavy sanctions like withdrawal of all priestly faculties to laicization, whatever it is, the mother and baby must be considered.
wow this is comprehensive enough.
One more thing what is laicization and how will the woman and baby be considered.

Can they be allowed to wed in catholic?
Re: What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by dubem3(m): 8:39am On Jul 12, 2013
one person cannot have both 'holy order' & 'matrimony'. Once you get one you can't get the order so they can't Wed at least not in the Catholic Church.
Re: What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by Emyo(m): 9:53am On Jul 12, 2013
dubem3: one person cannot have both 'holy order' & 'matrimony'. Once you get one you can't get the order so they can't Wed at least not in the Catholic Church.
i understand you, but will the lady and child be left without a legal head of the family,
If the priest is sent to jail as punishment.
Re: What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
laicization, derobed, e.t.c. Are words for the samething, i.e loss of priestly state.
Pregnancy doesn't equal marriage, if the priest asks to keep his priesthood the judges may be linient in accordance with lay down laws. But one thing is clear the priest will not be allowed to keep both even if he keeps the priestly state he may never celebrate mass with a congregation for the rest of his life.
Holy orders imprint a permanent character on the recepient but that doesn't imply that the faculties of a priest can't be permanently suspended.
Re: What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by Emyo(m): 6:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ubenedictus: laicization, derobed, e.t.c. Are words for the samething, i.e loss of priestly state.
Pregnancy doesn't equal marriage, if the priest asks to keep his priesthood the judges may be linient in accordance with lay down laws. But one thing is clear the priest will not be allowed to keep both even if he keeps the priestly state he may never celebrate mass with a congregation for the rest of his life.
Holy orders imprint a permanent character on the recepient but that doesn't imply that the faculties of a priest can't be permanently suspended.
thank you. You have really helped me. How i wish i could reference you in my paper.
Re: What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by Ubenedictus(m): 3:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
Emyo: thank you. You have really helped me. How i wish i could reference you in my paper.
i'm just happy i could help, thanks for giving me the opportunity.
Forgive my curiousity, i'll like to know what course require a paper on the intringues surrounding a priest who breaks his vow of celibacy.
Re: What Is The 'judgement' If A Catholic Priest Impregnants A Lady. by dubem3(m): 8:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
Ubenedictus: i'm just happy i could help, thanks for giving me the opportunity.
Forgive my curiousity, i'll like to know what course require a paper on the intringues surrounding a priest who breaks his vow of celibacy.

Yeah! me too.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Actually Taking The Right Path(to Heaven)...Christian Or Muslim..? / Pastor Bans Weaves From His Church / If Jesus Weren't Sent, Who's Name We For Dey Call If Something Happen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.