Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,535 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? (9946 Views)

Imagine Saraki Is Ibo, Ridiculous Defense Of The "Our Son" Mentality? / Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso On The Queue At The Airport (photos) / Abdullahi Umar Ganduje Accuses Kwankwaso Of Empty Treasury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by bigmo1(m): 10:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
Somebody told me that ‘Kwankwaso’ is the
corruption of ‘Okonkwo-and-Sons’, which was the
base, near the bustling, of an Nnewi-born wealthy
merchant, Okonkwo, in Kano, in the 1930s. The story had it that the area which grew into a sprawling commercial area, along the rail-line, was later known as ‘Kwankwaso’ by the locals who found it difficult to pronounce ‘Okonkwo-and-Sons’. There is even å rumour that the present Kano State governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, who was born in and drew his surname
from that area, has Igbo blood flowing in his veins.
With the age-long reputation of Kano as Nigeria’s
most cosmopolitan and melting-pot city, that should
not surprise anyone. After all, both General Sani
Abacha and the last governor Shekarau, who claim to
be from Kano, have Kanuri parents from Borno. So,
why not Rabiu Kwankwaso? Is that why he loves and
wears the red cap that is typical of Igbo titled men?

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
namadi sambo is the one that is igbo or is it edo (cant remember) but kwankwaso has yoruba roots and not igbo

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
yes its true...non se.nse!!

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by usibengate(m): 10:36pm On Jun 21, 2013
Dat na lie ooo! I nor suport dat talk at all. Very funy though
Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
Igbos don't support terrorism. He can never be one of us

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Rhino4dm: 6:34am On Jun 22, 2013
Look OP stop ridiculing your people with all these attachments by force. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso is a typical Hausa man from a town known as Kwankwaso in Madobi LGA of Kano State. Kwankwaso in Hausa means Waist, though with unnoticeable slight difference in the syllable.

E.g After sighting a physically endowed woman, I can say
" Kai! tana da Kwankwaso!! " - ol' boy, she gat some huge waist!

"An harbe shi a kwankwaso "-He was shot at his waist

So, where did you get your Okonkwo and Sons bullshít from? smh!!

6 Likes

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Rhino4dm: 6:47am On Jun 22, 2013
DivideUs: namadi sambo is the one that is igbo or is it edo (cant remember) but kwankwaso has yoruba roots and not igbo

Yes, I know all these . . That Namadi Sambo is from Edo State and Rabiu Kwankwaso's father is a Yoruba man, Obasonjo's father is from Onitsha, Atiku Abubakar is from Cameroon, Abacha is from Yobe State, Wamako is from Niger, Isa Yuguda is from Cameroon,Jonathan is an Igbo man from Abia and all that but what difference does it make?

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by gogo2003: 6:55am On Jun 22, 2013
OP, kwankwaso is an ibo hater and you know it,is this part of his PHD in politics, subterfuge and deliberate misinformation , we know he sent you to do this, is this not the same man who vehemently opposed the creation of another state in the east, is this not same man who refused to sympathize with the ibo victims of the luxury bus park bombings.
see no matter the tactics you bring into this game, you northerners will not smell power at federal level for the next 20 years

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by EkoIle1: 7:03am On Jun 22, 2013
gogo2003: OP, kwankwaso is an ibo hater and you know it,is this part of his PHD in politics, subterfuge and deliberate misinformation , we know he sent you to do this, is this not the same man who vehemently opposed the creation of another state in the east, is this not same man who refused to sympathize with the ibo victims of the luxury bus park bombings.
see no matter the tactics you bring into this game, you northerners will not smell power at federal level for the next 20 years

Going by history and the present political realities in Nigeria, they have a better in 2015 than you, in fact, the 20 years applies to you based on the same political realities on the ground..
Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Vado(m): 7:28am On Jun 22, 2013
Here we go again *DMX voice*

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Ngwakwe: 7:32am On Jun 22, 2013
You don't understand the irony.

As water is to fish so is Political power to the Core North

Igbos have virtually survived without political power and will still be fine competitively, economically or any other
way you see it.

Eko Ile:

Going by history and the present political realities in Nigeria, they have a better in 2015 than you, in fact, the 20 years applies to you based on the same political realities on the ground..

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by mike404(m): 7:36am On Jun 22, 2013
chidindufrank: Igbos don't support terrorism. He can never be one of us
GBAM!
Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by AbuMikey(m): 7:55am On Jun 22, 2013
Abegi!!!......make I hear word jor!!
Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by dridowu: 8:08am On Jun 22, 2013
I love igbos , alwaz finding their lost generation...............................what a comedy tribe
Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Ngwakwe: 8:11am On Jun 22, 2013
Who told you the Op is Igbo?

dridowu: I love igbos , alwaz finding their lost generation...............................what a comedy tribe
Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by abu12: 8:21am On Jun 22, 2013
grin grin grin

Kwankwasya lost son of zion
Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 22, 2013
Rhino.4dm:
Look OP stop ridiculing your people with all these attachments by force. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso is a typical Hausa man from a town known as Kwankwaso in Madobi LGA of Kano State. Kwankwaso in Hausa means Waist, though with unnoticeable slight difference in the syllable.

E.g After sighting a physically endowed woman, I can say
" Kai! tana da Kwankwaso!! " - ol' boy, she gat some huge waist!

"An harbe shi a kwankwaso "-He was shot at his waist

So, where did you get your Okonkwo and Sons bullshít from? smh!!

Ibos won't kill me with laugh on NL.First they claimed OBJ was ibo,then Namadi Sambo which they said it was NNAMDI,they accepted to be fooled by believing Jonathan is an ibo simply because he smuggled "ODECHUKU" in his name and now kwakwanso is defined with ibocious theory.

Can someone also confirm if BABANGIDA, ABACHA,Danjuma,Shagari,Atiku,Shekau,bin laden and hitler are ibos ?

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Supersami(m): 8:53am On Jun 22, 2013
Itz not a crime 2 claim watz urz na.....
Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Ngwakwe: 8:55am On Jun 22, 2013
Why do your people raise an argument, make a statement and consequently quote yourselves to prove a point?

Very pathetic indeed.

~Bluetooth:

Ibos won't kill me with laugh on NL.First they claimed OBJ was ibo,then Namadi Sambo which they said it was NNAMDI,they accepted to be fooled by believing Jonathan is an ibo simply because he smuggled "ODECHUKU" in his name and now kwakwanso is defined with ibocious theory.

Can someone also confirm if BABANGIDA, ABACHA,Danjuma,Shagari,Atiku,Shekau,bin laden and hitler are ibos ?

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by dridowu: 9:30am On Jun 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: Who told you the Op is Igbo?

I neva said d op is igbo.........................am refering to entire igbo not op. Read my post again, if u my post is offfending, no vex 4 me...........................but seriously d tin 2 funny
Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by MeAboki(m): 9:40am On Jun 22, 2013
Yes, its true that such rumours exist which emanate from politics, political friends and foes are known to coin name modifications in order to tarnish or enhance a person's political profile e.g. Olu Falae's name was at one time made over to become Auwalu Falalu etc. - and Kwankwaso is no different: the Okonkwo and Sons version, though credible is however considered less less true than his alleged Yoruba ancestry.
In any case whether true or not, this is usually not all that important in Kano politics, because Kano people are probably the most politically matured and accommodating in Nigeria for having freely elected known non-indigenes to become governors of the state e.g. Shekarau (Yobe - babur), Sabo Bakin Zuwo (Niger - nupe).

1 Like

Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by Rihamz(m): 9:44am On Jun 22, 2013
Rhino.4dm:

Yes, I know all these . . That Namadi Sambo is from Edo State and Rabiu Kwankwaso's father is a Yoruba man, Obasonjo's father is from Onitsha, Atiku Abubakar is from Cameroon, Abacha is from Yobe State, Wamako is from Niger, Isa Yuguda is from Cameroon,Jonathan is an Igbo man from Abia and all that but what difference does it make?
Right on point. In the end they are all Nigerians.
Re: Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? by JohnNgene: 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
Okonkwo and sons? Lol. I'm still curious about his signature red cap though.

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Orders Probe Of Maritime Academy Over N18bn Remittances / Is Ojukwu A War Hero Or A Coward ! / Libya To Execute 220 Nigerians By Tomorrow 8/7/09 for being illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.