Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,914 members, 7,810,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Are You Following The Path Of Elisha Or Gehazi? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Following The Path Of Elisha Or Gehazi? (2618 Views)

Why Did God "Kill" 42 Lads Merely For Saying Elisha Was Bald? / 27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman / The Curse On Gehazi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Following The Path Of Elisha Or Gehazi? by God2man(m): 2:27pm On Jun 22, 2013
We are going to do a comparison between Elisha and Gehazi, when they were in school of Prophet, then we deduce some vital spiritual lessons from today's topic.

Let's begin with Elisha, in 2 King 2 1-15, Elisha had the inspiration that his master Prophet Elijah was leaving him, even though the Prophet Elijah kept back some information from him about his departure, Elisha knew everything. Elisha was a good student in the school of Prophet. He knew his master was leaving, he followed through and through with all details.Elisha collected a double portion of the annointing of Elijah.
An excellent certificate from the school of Prophet. Leadership is all about seeing ahead, looking ahead, that was the reason he asked for a double portion of the annointing, he knew that the annointing of today may not be sufficient for tomorrow.

Fast forward to 2 King 5: 1-27.

Gehazi on the other hand was also a student serving Elisha his master.Gehazi was an obedient student for some time until the spirit of covetousnes entered him and collected the worst certificate
ever- Leprosy.

What was wrong with Gehazi? Why did he fail?

Some folks will say he was covetous. Yes! he failed because he did not undestand the annointing of a Prophet, if he did, he ought to have known that it would be difficult to hide such information from his master Elisha, he did not pay full attention to all details while learning in the school of Prophet. The truth is, Gehazi was learning but he was learning the wrong things, He was in school of prophet to make money, big money. forgetting that the annointing, or the double portion of the annointing of Elisha upon him will be more than enough to make him great. This is the tragedy of the man that is suppose to carry the mantle of leadership after Elisha, just like what Elijah did to Elisha, Alas! He told a lie and coveted the wealth of Naaman. What a tragedy!

You see, servanthood is good, in fact, Jesus said anybody that must be great must first of all be a servant. The question is: what are you learning? Are you learning the most important part of the information? Or you are just paying attention to irrelevant information that will not prosper your life.

We are in a generation of rush, rush, rush. You hear people say " i can't wait, i must make it fast" they therefore join bad gang. They say Nigeria is corrupt, all our leaders are thieves, i must make my own money, whether legal or illegal. They swallowed drugs. They kill to get money. They go to school to have the certificate not the knowledge. They don't care. I just want it fast, no matter how.

Quick money is quick death.

For those who hate this message, i have verse in the Bible for them, Pls. Read it seven times and meditate on it for sometime.

Jeremiah 17: 11 " As the Partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool."

The problem caused by this jet age quite outweigh the advantages. Spinsters and bachelors are not ready to wait and know more about each other before saying "I do" within a year of dating or courtship, they are married. Where are we going?

Students in the secondary school smuggled incriminating materials into the Examination hall to cheat, they refused to study at night, are they facing their books or reading from the facebook website? Only God knows. There was even an attempt to send answers from the website to the phone during Examination time. It is so bad.
Where are we going in this generation?

People don't want to suffer for anything. They want it fast.

Nowadays, gambling has been redefined, every nook and cranny of Lagos, you will see people playing pool or "Baba Ijebu". Nobody wants to wait and learn anything. What you suffer and labour for will always last in your hands, even though devourer may come in anyform, but because you have laboured and suffered for it, it will last. If you don't sweat for it, the wealth will just develop wings and fly away from your hand. There is dignity in labour.

It is another thing to go to school, it is a different thing to allow the school to pass through you. When you spend four years copying projects, paying to write for you while you are at the disco party, then you are building your life on a sinking sand.

I Timothy 3:7 " Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth"

We must all be ever learning , but the question is: are we learning the right thing or the wrong thing?

Anywhere you are now, please, wait patiently and learn some very important lessons before you go ahead and establish your own, never be in a hurry.

Seek the face of God earnestly for divine direction on any vital issue like marriage and patiently wait for answers. Already, you have started removing the worst from you marriage by seeking the face of God.

Learn useful lessons like Elisha and not the useless lessons as Gehazi.

God bless you.

God2man.

1 Like

Re: Are You Following The Path Of Elisha Or Gehazi? by MrMr(m): 1:17pm On Feb 02, 2017
inspiring..... May the Grace of God be sufficient for our Life.

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Paul Is A Judaizer / SERMON Jotters:characteristics Of A Virtuous Wife / Controversy Trails Alleged Assault Of Church Member By Prophet GAIUS. Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.