Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,864 members, 7,866,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:04 PM

Episode 8 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Episode 8 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence (449 Views)

Episode 11 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence / Episode 6 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence / The Mystery Behind Human Existence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Episode 8 - The Mystery Behind Human Existence by AdefarakanAO: 11:05pm On Jun 22, 2013
[b]The Exposition on the STATE OF MIND continues…

This is to throw more light on the issue of “Bad State of Mind”. Let me remind you some of these “Bad Feelings”. They are: Boredom, Pessimism, Frustration, Regret, Complaint, Hatred, Discontentment, Jealousy, Revenge, Anger, Blame, Worry/Anxiety, Guilt, Fear, Despair/Depression etc. None of these feels good, which means you only feel bad when you engage in any of it. Although have explained some of these before but not all, so I will like to pinpoint some of the rest.

REGRET

Regret is a feeling of sadness or disappointment that is caused by something you have done, which you could have prevented. It makes people feel downcast. But the only way out of it is to let it go. Because if you remain in that Bad State of Mind, It would make you feel angry and may even lead to frustration, since Regret always has something to do with continuous flow of unpleasant memories. Therefore, let the past go and focus on how you want today and tomorrow to look like. Always remember, your feeling has a way of communicating with God. Either good/bad, whatever you feel God does for you. 1 Sam.16:23 tell us the story of Saul when he was full of Bad feelings; he was jealous of David, Hated him and even wanted to kill him. Because Saul was full of bad feelings, “evil spirit from God came upon him”. Pls note, bad feelings are the same; whether it’s Regret or Jealousy or hatred etc. They all have the same resultant effect. So do your best to come out of Regret and believe in resilience. It’s going to be well!

REVENGE

Revenge always results from offence. Thus, it involves hurting someone who has hurt or offended you. The thought of revenge never feels good, it rather generates hatred. Any time the thought of revenge comes to your mind, try to exercise restraint like David did in first Sam.24: 1-end. David refused to revenge when he had chance to kill Saul, and because of this God lifted him. Why? Our State of Mind communicates with God whether it’s good/bad. In this case, David state of mind towards Saul was a good one (Restraint rather than Revenge). No wonder he was lifted to become the King of Judah and later he became the King over Israel.

BLAME

When you blame you are feeling that somebody or something is responsible for a particular unpleasant thing that has happened. When you blame, you will definitely complain. And when you do, you don’t feel good, because it usually leads to quarrel (especially if you are a kind of person that blames a lot).
I discovered that those that blames a lot, always has something to blame about. Because when you blame/complain, it reproduces itself. The Bible confirms this in Gen. 1:25; it says everything reproduces “after its kind”. Human being gives birth to human being, Lion gives birth to lion, goat gives birth to goat etc. Therefore, blame/complaint reproduces itself!

WORRY/ANXIETY

When you worry, you keep thinking about problems that you have (at the present) or about the unpleasant things that might happen (in the future). It is when worry is extreme that it leads to Anxiety. Either way, the two feels bad. And your feeling always has a way of communicating with God.

GUILT

You feel guilty and unhappy when you do something wrong. You also feel guilty and unhappy when you think you have done something wrong. Sin brings guilt! Guilt has a “little advantage” over other bad feelings, because it makes you repent and ask for forgiveness. I call it “little advantage” because if you stay long in guilt, it is dangerous. Every time you spend in guilt add to your bad feeling. So my advice for you is this; once you find yourself in sin, quickly ask for forgiveness and get out of the guilt state. Don’t be deceived, you don’t feel good when you are guilty, so never stay too long in guilt. The world is over polluted, so when you transgress/sin (knowingly/unknowingly), just seek forgiveness, and forgive yourself, then return immediately to your joyful state of mind. Nobody is expected to be in 100% good state of mind, but if you can try and reach 90%, it’s excellent! That is why is not advisable to stay in guilty for long. Pls note the following as I’m rounding off this topic; THE STATE OF MIND:
1. If you can develop 90% Good State of Mind, even if you have Bad Fate, your Good State of Mind will correct it and still gives you a GOOD LIFE.
2. Your state of mind in the past is mostly responsible for what you are experiencing now. And your state of mind now would be responsible mostly for what will happen tomorrow (the future).
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO KNOW EARLIER! WE LOVE YOU!