Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,746 members, 7,820,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? (1931 Views)

Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / Governor Al-Makura Lying On Bug-Infested Mattress In Government School (Pic) / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 23, 2013
Hey guys.. I would love to know the violence condition in Kano State "boko haram" I have something very important to take care of over there which I will be having some associates from the US and some folks in Nigeria over there as soon as I have clearance documents from American Embassy.

Still I will like to know from folks living around there or people with using information to please update me.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by aminho(m): 6:25am On Jun 23, 2013
Its safe you can go
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by onila(f): 6:40am On Jun 23, 2013
smiley
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 23, 2013
Kano is very safe,no single case of violence & insurgency for the last 20 yrs.. The whites you are bringing in can even walk freely around the streets of SABON GARI at 2am
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jun 23, 2013
My dear kano follow o
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by knotty(m): 8:52am On Jun 23, 2013
Katangora: Kano is very safe,no single case of violence & insurgency for the last 20 yrs.. The whites you are bringing in can even walk freely around the streets of SABON GARI at 2am
Hey, hold it there.

@ OP be circumspect when in unfamiliar territory.
Kano is save but the best safety gadget is made of common sense.
Use it well.
Avoid the densely populated CITY vicinity, if you can.
Get good tour guide, perhaps a Kano based NLer.
Nightlife is still good. Enjoy your stay in the ancient walled city of Tumbi Giwa
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2013
Thanks guys
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:46pm On Jun 23, 2013
REALITY101: Thanks guys

Bruv, with your signature, you'd be lucky to not get the Gideon Akaluka's treatment if your identity is known.
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by Andrew3(m): 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Bruv, with your signature, you'd be lucky to not get the Gideon Akaluka's treatment if your identity is known.

lwkmd grin
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by bloggernaija: 8:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
The terrorist kidnapped people in Abuja , bombed the UN building,almost assassinated the inspector general of police ,over-ran a whole region ,almost assassainated a whole emir of Kano and you think anywhere in the country is safe?
Unlike others, I will advise you to read the US travel advisory on nigeria.

SUMMARY-UNLESS IT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, AVOID ALL BUT ESSENTIAL TRAVEL FULL STOP
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 23, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

I just googled him shocked shocked
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2013
Here's a simple search of Nairaland itself, for the word KANO.

https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=site%3Anairaland.com+++Kano&sa=Search

Good place to start !!!
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by onila(f): 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

grin
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by taharqa2: 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
bloggernaija: The terrorist kidnapped people in Abuja , bombed the UN building,almost assassinated the inspector general of police ,over-ran a whole region ,almost assassainated a whole emir of Kano and you think anywhere in the country is safe?
Unlike others, I will advise you to read the US travel advisory on nigeria.

SUMMARY-UNLESS IT IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, AVOID ALL BUT ESSENTIAL TRAVEL FULL STOP
Which Century is this one still living in??
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by Wendyslim(f): 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2013
Google am nah. undecided undecided
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by MeAboki(m): 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
Yes, Kano was among the states to have had Boko Haram problems, lasting for about one year with bombings and drive by shootings necessitating several checkpoints and curfews; however this problem is seemingly becoming history with hardly any reported incidence of violence for the past 2-3 months, attendant with fewer checkpoints and complete lifting of curfew for all road users except motorcyclists, who are still restricted between 6pm - 6am and from carrying passengers - being a favourite choice of vehicle for the terrorists.
In short, Kano is relatively quite safe and slowly returning to its pre - terrorist days as the bustling economic capital of Northern Nigeria, in fact millions of non-indigenes (including our over - exaggerating brothers from the SE) are still residing in Kano freely carrying out their legitimate business without any threat or fear against their lives and property.

@ OP:
If you want to come to Kano for business, feel free and welcomed, its relatively safe.
The Sabon Gari area is where most of the non-indigenes have chosen to live, so if you wish to feel safer in numbers then the Sabon Gari is the place for you; however, the hotels are not all that and the roads terrible, a lot of the roads in Kano are in fact bad and being repaired in phases, so there are traffic jams due to closure of some of them under construction.
Food is cheap, accommodation moderately so; while the most popular mode of public transport is keke nepab (locally known as A DAIDATA SAHU) having recently replaced okada (a chaba).
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 26, 2013
Got security clearance from the embassy to go. Not bad after all. We have good asss security, well trained from here not some weak ass Nigerian cops. We fear no boko fuccking haram m'therfuckers.

Thanks y'all for your comments tho
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by tellwisdom: 1:27am On Jun 27, 2013
Homie, holla once there's any shout in the city of kano cool
Re: Please Is Kano Among The Boko Haram Infested States In Nigeria? by MeAboki(m): 1:50am On Jun 30, 2013
REALITY101: Got security clearance from the embassy to go. Not bad after all. We have good asss security, well trained from here not some weak ass Nigerian cops. We fear no boko fuccking haram m'therfuckers.

Thanks y'all for your comments tho

I am sure you did not need all that much security, however, its always better to be safe than never.
I hope your experience may help towards alleviating the exaggeration of the issue by the media, in fact even Maiduguri, despite the daily killings, is not as bad as it is made out to be - though I wouldn't advise you to travel there.

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Know If Boko Haram Leader Is Dead Or Alive - GEJ / Tinubu E*xp*o*s*e*d / After Nasarawa State, Sokoto State May Be Next In Line For Impeachment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.