Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Mom's Favorite Phrases . . . New Moms Pick your Choice. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mom's Favorite Phrases . . . New Moms Pick your Choice. (4598 Views)

New Moms Guide / My Mom Is Missing / I Am Falling Apart With My Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mom's Favorite Phrases . . . New Moms Pick your Choice. by Gabry(f): 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2008
My mother always tell me that We Live to Eat not Eat to Live
Re: Mom's Favorite Phrases . . . New Moms Pick your Choice. by Outstrip(f): 6:20pm On Jun 13, 2008
My mom said things like "If I descend on you, you will see "your mother" and call her yor father. So I can't relate to this woman's children. LOL.
Re: Mom's Favorite Phrases . . . New Moms Pick your Choice. by chisomquee: 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2008
Imum will always tell me if you are not educated, you will be poor. Look at the road you will see people walking on foot, those in mile12 doing alabaro, those in their cars fully air-conditioned so make your choice.u have to be independent,don't depend on any man.If she sees me with a boy,she will say i will ground pepper and rub it on your body.
Re: Mom's Favorite Phrases . . . New Moms Pick your Choice. by sweeti14(f): 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2012
very hilarious thread
Some of my mums words:
Se kii se pe nkan jeun lori e: i hope nothing is eating on your head lol (don't know how else to translate)

Tin ba mu e waa jeya waa jeweiya: if i catch you. . . . (can't translate the rest)

O bere, o ti bere ni yen o, tin ba wa naa e waa sope mo buru: you've started again o, if i now beat you you will say i'm wicked lol

When i desperately wanted an answer to a question and she refused to answer, I would say "Mummy now" and she would reply "omo now" angry

mummy ebi n pami (Mummy i'm hungry) her reply: "wa je mi" (Come eat me) and she would stretch out her hand towards me angry

when i grumbled or murmured something under my breath she would say se emi lon ba soro beyen? is it me you're talking too like that? which is usually followed by "so i'm now your enemy for correcting you?"

Whenever i trouble her "Je kin simi komo orun mi waye: let me rest so that my child in heaven will come to earth

Omo to ni iya e oni sun, oun naa o ni sun: a child that says his/her mother will not sleep will also not sleep

Se won bi somi meja ni? whenever i kept following her about

When i'm extravagant with spending she will say "sister ema binu o, mo ti gbagbe pe baba yin loni central bank,okare" : Sister don't be offended o, i forgot your father owns central bank, welldone grin

God bless them! smiley
Re: Mom's Favorite Phrases . . . New Moms Pick your Choice. by sweeti14(f): 5:51pm On Sep 26, 2012
Forgot my favourite Maa lu e emi e a fee bo or maa fee lu e pa leni: i will beat you till you almost faint
Re: Mom's Favorite Phrases . . . New Moms Pick your Choice. by ciphoenix: 10:49am On Sep 27, 2012
After eating, if i tried to eat from her plate as well, she'll tell me to go to the backyard and look for "omu'nwa'eri" which means literally "parent should not eat". We fell for it for years searching the backyard for minutes before returning when she has finished the food.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should A Man Take A Second Wife If The First Is Infertile??? / Why I Slept With My 11-year-old Daughter — Confession Of A Father(photo) / GET CREATIVE CONTENT at amazing rates!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.