Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

I Am Falling Apart With My Mom - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Falling Apart With My Mom (27472 Views)

My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady / I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!! / My Mom Burst In While I Was Having Sex With My Wife. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
Am a guy of 21 from a family of 5, am the eldest, everything used to be fine but the older I grow the more me and my mom seem to be falling apart, today she shouted on me and I shouted back at her very loudly so she left for her room and started crying.

My dad came home from work and she told him everything and my dad asked me to kneel and apologize but my mom was still crying saying I have hurt her a lot with words and all that and even if I become a billionaire tomorrow I shouldn't bother about her that she's cancelled me as her son for good that I don't appreciate her at all.
I don't know how things got so bad to this level and am not even a rough kind of guy, I feel so hurt now and don't even know what to do to make up for things. I just feel like our bond is about to be shattered for good.

pls help I need reasonable advice i don't understand what's going on anymore .

1 Like

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by tosyne2much(m): 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
OP, you need to mend your ways.. One thing I detest most is uttering a word that would make my mother shed tears. Please be cautious of what you say and the manner in which you say it

Women are soft hearted and can cry over little things whether they are right or wrong. Start doing things you have not been doing. Surprisingly buy her gifts no matter how little it is; start assisting in taking some of her responsibilities (by assisting her in the kitchen and so on). Also, henceforth, endeavour to always talk to her in warm and tender voice even when circumstances demand anger

However, one can barely succeed in life if your mother says negative words into your life. Bro, abeg try put a smile on the face of that woman oooo. Thousands of people who have lost their mothers always wish they could have them back, but here you are, and can't treat and accord the one you have with love and respect

217 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by feldido(m): 10:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
Guy just chill, she'll definitely get over it very soon.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by daniska3yaro(m): 10:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
Never let anger control u

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by mostyg(m): 11:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
Your heaven/Paradise lies under the feet of your mum. You can either work for it through her or throw it away.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by OCTAVO: 11:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
Send her lovely text messages daily. She will get over it with time.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by lilmax(m): 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
At 21 you should be thinking of being more responsible,you are the eldest.....what path are you setting up for your younger ones?

You have to apologize until she forgives you,maybe you became proud thinking you cannot be controlled,thats where the problem lies

Earn back the respect she had for you by just being GOOD

40 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by brunofarad(m): 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
Pray

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by MrLexander(m): 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2015
For the fact ur mum shouts at u and u reciprocates shows u av strted bad company and following wrong steps.. e be like say u don dey smoke igbo sef.. na wetin dey cause dis kind tin.. u don dey take alomo and weed.. stewpeed boi

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by CACAWA(m): 11:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
very simple matter.

Do yourself a favour.

Go to the nearest shop...buy a very simple but nice thank you card.

Write a very nice poem on one side

And a very simple message on the other side.

If you want to go by this advice...get the card and we can discuss the content.

cheers

7 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
chuzydon:
Am a guy of 21 from a family of 5, am the eldest, everything used to be fine but the older I grow the more me and my mom seem to be falling apart, today she shouted on me and I shouted back at her very loudly so she left for her room and started crying.

My dad came home from work and she told him everything and my dad asked me to kneel and apologize but my mom was still crying saying I have hurt her a lot with words and all that and even if I become a billionaire tomorrow I shouldn't bother about her that she's cancelled me as her son for good that I don't appreciate her at all.
I don't know how things got so bad to this level and am not even a rough kind of guy, I feel so hurt now and don't even know what to do to make up for things. I just feel like our bond is about to be shattered for good.

sigh learn to control your anger...even if she hurts u wit wirds screaming on her aint gonna sove it.. think about the respect u shud give ur elders 1st

12 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by ajetunde: 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
She will get over it. Just make sure you make it up to her and be sincere. It could eventually be a turnaround that draws you both back together.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
Her words should tell you she is deeply hurt,she probably feels you do not appreciate all that she has done as you mother. You MUST prove her wrong,spend more time talking to her,send her loving text messages every morning or week.Say sweet words to her*dont be shy,she is your mom*.I wont blame you,i've had issues with my mom also.I would only blame you if you dont deal with it quick

12 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by kobonaire(m): 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
Easy my friend, your mama like all mamas suffered to born you, raise you and stand by you to where you are today.... so in my mind all mums get a free pass. Maybe she's stressed like many are in this holiday time. So stop acting up and go and apologize to mama and be good to her (and your papa).

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
Do everything you can
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by StepTwo: 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
OP, just apologize to your mum and let her know you mean it

when i say let her know, i dont mean you shed crocodile tears for her, let ur actions represent ur sincerity.

your mum loves you, else she wouldnt be sheddign tears for you.

Goodluck with her.

11 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Sassilicious(f): 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
Please apologize to her.
You can't play with a mother's love.That woman can lay down her life for you anytime.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by publicenemy(m): 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
chuzydon:

Believe it or not @ 21 you are still a teenager and at that age you will always have issues with your mum no matter how much of a good guy u are. You would object to things u normally would take from her and she on the other hand would see her once little baby becoming a man and being rebellious especially if she is the one who wields more power in the house becos ur dad is a free style person. So its not a big deal. Apologise today and tomorow there will be something else and you better be ready to be the one to always back down from a fight. For some children its usually the female against their mum and male against their dad but it could go anyway. For me it was me against my mum too cos I dared not argue with my dad. So ur case is a little late, it should have started at 17 or 18 but its still in the teenage years. So its a natural passage. Just keep being the good boy u think u are.

You are a fool.

17 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by AyamConfidence(m): 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
I stopped arguing with my mum when i was 15 and i was a master at it then...but even at 21 u still have hope...just apologise to her sincerely and i mean from deep in your heart...i'm sure she dint mean what she said cos i heard that times without number in my hayday...buy her a gift...maybe a samsung galaxy s6...just kidding...just get her anything u know she likes it doesnt have to be expensive and go to her one-on-one and tell her u are deeply sorry...she'll forgive you once...mums love their first sons so much...i'm a living witness...just do this and thank me later

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Smooyis(m): 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
You are towing a path of destruction. Better go apologise quickly to her before she sleeps. And ask your dad to help you beg the poor woman. Seems you don't know what curse is.

Check the kind of friends you cruise with for you seem to have been influenced negatively. Ask for God forgiveness and deliverance.

10 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Zhul001(m): 11:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
My Guy, never ever raise your voice on your mum.
Whatever your mum does, overlook it and move on.
What is most important is your role and responsibilities on her, not her role on you.
Do your own part by being gentle and respectful to her even if she slaps you.
Remember you will have your own kids one day.

13 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Booty4me: 11:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
Rude Boy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by eagleonearth(m): 11:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
You have a terrible temper. If you don't subjugate it, it might com to a point that u'll do more disgusting things to ur mum or any other member of d family.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by lloydpras: 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
------my mom was still crying saying I have hurt her a lot with words and all that and even if I become a billionaire tomorrow I shouldn't bother about her that she's cancelled me as her son for good that I don't appreciate her at all---

Your Momsy don watch Zee world channel Tire!
S/O to my mum, @ur age then for This kind scenario na mad slap she go don use reset my brain factory.
Op, you need strong OT tho, cos guys like you that don't appreciate their mothers would hardly show respect to ladies i.e You may be a potential Wife-beater.
#MyOpinion

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Arebay(m): 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
Omo ale

5 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by gurunlocker: 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
I see people shout at their parent.... I will be like WTF

2 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by d25(m): 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
Please I beg you in the name of almighty God, try and find your mother's happiness. Make sure you reconcile with her. Ask your father to apologize to her on your behalf. No matter what, you shouldn't have shouted at your mother. Shouting at your mother was a big mistake, but try and seek her happiness, I'm sure she will forgive you.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by thorpido(m): 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
It's a good thing you realise things are not well and you are willing to make amends.The fact that you are the first born means that you should set a good example for your younger ones.
As a first-born son,you should be your mum's 'boyfriend'.

Start to seek ways of reconciling with her.Control your anger when she talks to you and don't shout back at her,she's your mum.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by AyamConfidence(m): 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
tosyne2much:
u sef dey book space...e don tay wey i see ur thread 4 FP last o
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
chuzydon:

Help? You don't sound like you want a reconciliation. If it was a lady, I would understand... But a man? Cmon! It's weird and feminine!
Re: I Am Falling Apart With My Mom by Trendition: 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
gurunlocker:
I see people shout at their parent.... I will be like WTF
I Wonder ooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Advice Needed On My Late Dad's 1st Remembrance / Boniface Mwangi: "I Had Sex Once And Church Kicked Me Out" / Man Left Confused After Wife Conceives Despite Him Undergoing Vasectomy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.