Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo (17696 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Lands In Maiduguri For A 2-day Working Visit.. See Photos / My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / Fashola Commissions Peninsula Integrated Power Project. . PICS... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by Afam(m): 11:36pm On May 12, 2008
Novice1:

Afam, r u an employee at ota farms? cool

The usual stupid question idiots ask when they find it difficult to make their points.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by klas(m): 11:36pm On May 12, 2008
Nothing is on ground. so says the probe panel but the energy committee set up by Yaradua that promise us improved power  supply in the next 18 months actually stated that the substantial portion of the expected power supply will come from the NIPP projects. Yet nothing is on ground. make these panel beaters just chop their sitting allowance and shut the fu.k up.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by naijaking1: 2:15am On May 13, 2008
oldie:

If the intentions were altruistic, I would have no problems with the probe
We have been fed with figures that are based on gossips, half truths and sensation
Cannot use corruption to fight corruption
I still maintain the execrcise is a waste of public fund and will not improve any process

I say open up the process, make it transparent. You can't condemn the committee like one of those stupid and corrupt alhajis, I think Ibrahim Tahir was his name, even before you know what they find or didn't find.

Mr. Tahir's argument was that the committee's investigation may touch some sacred cows. But you know what they say in America, sacred cows make the most delicious burgers.

Be rest assured that the committee's action is open to public scrutiny by itself. You can actually ask your member of House of Rep. about what's going on, I have.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by debosky(m): 3:11am On May 13, 2008
a sensationalist investigation that fails to take into cognizance the complexities of EPC projects is just that - a show.

It will not achieve any real results, other than criminalising genuine contractors and making it even more difficult to get these projects implemented

What does a house of rep person who probably rigged elections to get in know about power generation? Experts wanted to advise them, but they drove off and went to the press - all in an attempt to be seen as 'working'?

I don't think so

If turbines have been bought (usually most expensive component) and are sitting at the port and you claim 'nothing has been done' that is sheer foolishness - a turbine that took 2/3 years to order and deliver? Just to score some cheap political points? No

I'm not saying mistakes have not been made along the way, but the sensationalist nature of these 'revelations' lead me to believe people are trying to profit from this to make a name for themselves.

for people to come here and say blandly that 'nothing is on ground' is just ignorance and stupidity - the projects have not been completed - this is not like a duplex with a completed ground floor that you can sleep in while the top is being completed, this is more like a car - if you have everything and refuse to buy tyres, you still cannot move with a v8 Mercedes Benz engine.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by Spermdrops(m): 4:10am On May 13, 2008
All this big big grammar no necessary abeg. Turbines this, tamborines that!

Ah!
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by SkyBlue1: 7:38am On May 13, 2008
debosky:

a sensationalist investigation that fails to take into cognizance the complexities of EPC projects is just that - a show.

It will not achieve any real results, other than criminalising genuine contractors and making it even more difficult to get these projects implemented

What does a house of rep person who probably rigged elections to get in know about power generation? Experts wanted to advise them, but they drove off and went to the press - all in an attempt to be seen as 'working'?

I don't think so

If turbines have been bought (usually most expensive component) and are sitting at the port and you claim 'nothing has been done' that is sheer foolishness - a turbine that took 2/3 years to order and deliver? Just to score some cheap political points? No

I'm not saying mistakes have not been made along the way, but the sensationalist nature of these 'revelations' lead me to believe people are trying to profit from this to make a name for themselves.

for people to come here and say blandly that 'nothing is on ground' is just ignorance and stupidity - the projects have not been completed - this is not like a duplex with a completed ground floor that you can sleep in while the top is being completed, this is more like a car - if you have everything and refuse to buy tyres, you still cannot move with a v8 Mercedes Benz engine.

Very interesting analogy. So let us use that same analogy. You are trying to build a car and you don't buy tyres, so without these tyres it is therefore impossible to build the main frame work, attach the gears, install the interiors, install the engine and battery and everything else that needs to run without the tyres right Why don't i be fair to you and use a more appropriate analogy, why don't we say that the turbines are equivalent to the engine. Thesame thing, because you don't have the engines you can't build the rest of the car and install the battery and interiors and put in place all the components that need to connect to the engine like the fuel pump and fuel lines right Really? There is some kind of force stopping this from happening? Wow, so these turbines were on order for 2 to 3 years? They could not find a different supplier? It had to be from argos?? I am sorry but again more and more excuses and no one is yet to answer my initial questions especially this.
Do you think all the billions of dollars spent on the power sector during OBJ's time in power has been justified by the level of progress made? More answer dodging. Have a nice day
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by ono(m): 7:57am On May 13, 2008
Sometimes I just wonder why some people bother.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by Afam(m): 8:52am On May 13, 2008
This is what is called intellectual stubbornness and complete show of ignorance combined with lack of comprehension.

This forum is certainly not a substitute for real education.

Unfortunately, the low level of understand being displayed here goes a long way in rubbing off on all the users as some may assume that we all think with our left hands.

Real shame that basic issues like these cannot be understood yet these are the same people that will talk about development, we are in trouble in this country.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by SkyBlue1: 9:05am On May 13, 2008
WOW. Again instead of enlightening us with this higher understanding you so claim to have but i lack, you have instead decided to insult. I still don't think any of my questions are invalid with responses you keep on posting whereby you fail to educate us even when i am asking genuinely to get a better understanding of how you can see that it is ok that billions of dollars were spent and this level of progress was made. You present this feeling of you can't even afford to waste your time responding to me because i am so stupid yet you have time to post a reply calling me all sorts? IF you don't want to discuss and show us what you genuinely see that some of us are refusing to see due to our "intellectual stubbornness" and you just expect us to take your word for it that everything is ok without failing to explain how it is ok then i am sorry, i will rather be "intellectually stubborn" than just take your word for it without any meaningful disclosure. At the end of the day if you want to defend this when you have not even explained if you think the ammount of progress made has been justified by the ammount of money spent then to each his own. Other countries have increased their power generating capacity and built power plants in this same space of time, also using EPC contracts which is used all over the world, but with us it has to be different? And then i am stupid because i have the audacity to ask why our case has to be different, like some oliver twist scared to ask for more or demand something better? To each his own, peace, have a nice day and God Bless.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by shawn123: 9:25am On May 13, 2008
"Secondly, in reply to Obj's archaic statement of "As Africans, we must respect age and authority. It is also a product of birth and breeding in an African culture. I hope members of the Committee will have something to learn from this exercise."

Absolute crap! All said and well written but the age and authority thing is crap. All our past leaders are old men with grey hair, yet their ages didnt level with their intellect, This has made me personal to respect not by age but by actions. A person might be curropt inrespective of age or bloody authority.

Obviously OBJ did put that down, some young man with high level of intellect put all together for him. OBJ put down just one paragraph and thats the one i put in quote, he is always yapping about age, not that he is older than my father sef!
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by klas(m): 10:00am On May 13, 2008
Sky Blue:

Wow, so these turbines were on order for 2 to 3 years? They could not find a different supplier? It had to be from argos?? I am sorry but again more and more excuses and no one is yet to answer my initial questions especially this.
[b]

Skyblue, skyblue, skyBlue. It is not my style to respond negatively to a forumite but I am constrained by your unnecesary fixation on the same point to be less than diplomatic. Afam called it 'intelectual stubornness' but actually there is nothing intellectual in your repeating the same point design, design, design like a bad phonogram. It rather borders on ill-education (apology to Ken Nnamani). So turbines that are purpose-built take less than 2 years to build from conception. Next time you go to Macdonalds or Mr Biggs, ask for one to take home off the shelf may be na burger. People who should know have explained on this forum what it takes from conception to implementation to actualise EPC contract yet you refused to listen. One only wakes up somebody who is asleep not somebody pretending to sleep. It takes other countries long time to carry out EPC projects too, the only difference is that they don't call press conference at conception stage, you only get to know at the site assembly stage.  Have you not heard of Airlines placing orders with Boeing or Airbus that will take 5, 6 years to deliver. In the 4th year, if you go the airline hangar and you don't see the airplane, does it make Boeing/Airbus a thief or the contract a failure? Nobody is saying nobody chop for this contract, infact I will be suspicious if everything is too clean no be naija but then to say the project is failed or that nothing is on ground is more of political statement than intellectual one.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by Rhea(f): 10:03am On May 13, 2008
Our leaders have demonstrated their penchant for initiating projects, enquiries and probes and abandoning them halfway.

What ever happened to the call for Anenih to be probed over the utilisation of funds for road repairs from 1999-2007?

Whatever happened to the probe of ex-governors (Odili, Nnamani, Orji Uzor etc)?

Whatever happened to Ajaokuta, NNPC, NAFCON, NITEL etc probes?

Whatever happened to the sanitisation of the education and aviation sector?

I believe that our distinguished members of the House of Reps are just chasing shadows, deceiving Nigerians as usual. This power projects probe, though very neccessary, is just a waste of time.

They are yet to show any genuine resolve in getting to the root of the matter. At the end of the day, only the minnows will be disgraced as usual while the grandmasters remain untouchable.

There is no dount that some of them must have benefitted from the bastardisation of these power projects, and hence will go to any lenght to frustrate the enquiry or whatever they call it.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=111338
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by klas(m): 10:15am On May 13, 2008
Rhea:

Our leaders have demonstrated their penchant for initiating projects, enquiries and probes and abandoning them halfway.

What ever happened to the call for Anenih to be probed over the utilisation of funds for road repairs from 1999-2007?

Whatever happened to the probe of ex-governors (Odili, Nnamani, Orji Uzor etc)?

Whatever happened to Ajaokuta, NNPC, NAFCON, NITEL etc probes?

Whatever happened to the sanitisation of the education and aviation sector?

I believe that our distinguished members of the House of Reps are just chasing shadows, deceiving Nigerians as usual. This power projects probe, though very neccessary, is just a waste of time.

They are yet to show any genuine resolve in getting to the root of the matter. At the end of the day, only the minnows will be disgraced as usual while the grandmasters remain untouchable.

There is no dount that some of them must have benefitted from the bastardisation of these power projects, and hence will go to any lenght to frustrate the enquiry or whatever they call it.

There is a probe panel to do the bolded one already by the House of Reps. Another one to probe oil sector and yet another to probe why Super Eagles failed at the Cup of Nations in January.
After all these, there will be panels to probe all these probes to know whether the probes followed due process grin
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by dee02(m): 10:25am On May 13, 2008
A man with Obasanjo's record of hypocrisy, greed and vindictiveness deserves the harshest comeuppance

Obasanjo is the nation's reigning villain-in-chief who should have buried his head in a heap of cow-dung in OTA FARM in shame but instead chose to come out and murmur some jargonised pre-packaged, untrue, shameless and inconsistent stories!

TO SPEND 8 BLOODY YEARS IN POWER AND LEAVE NIGERIA IN A STATE OF ROTTEN DECADENCE IS ABSOLUTELY UN-FORGIVABLE!

Obasanjo and his co-destroyers-cu/m-looters are scum of the earth who should and would never know peace for the rest of their lives

For every man/woman/children(even animals) in Nigeria that has been true untold hardship as a result of the recklessness, greed and corruption of former administrators and leaders, God dey!

They wont go scot free for their despicable actions!!

NIGERIA I SALUTE
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by landis(m): 10:32am On May 13, 2008
People who should know have explained on this forum what it takes from conception to implementation to actualise EPC contract yet you refused to listen. One only wakes up somebody who is asleep not somebody pretending to sleep. It takes other countries long time to carry out EPC projects too, the only difference is that they don't call press conference at conception stage, you only get to know at the site assembly stage.  Have you not heard of Airlines placing orders with Boeing or Airbus that will take 5, 6 years to deliver. In the 4th year, if you go the airline hangar and you don't see the airplane, does it make Boeing/Airbus a thief or the contract a failure?

all the money has been stolen otherwise, where is project plan, that shows when equipment A or site X to be delivered.

building power plant is not a  rocket science for goodness sake!

in some cases, they dont even know where the GAS to feed it will come from, yet money was release for such!

the day-light robbery! so you will tell us same story about Nigeria still importing PETROL after 8yrs of OBJ.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by SkyBlue1: 10:41am On May 13, 2008
@klas, it is a free world so you are free to call me whatever you want to call me. My so called fixation on that design point is simply because some people decided to use it as a justifiable excuse for the level of progress made and i found that absurd. A basic at best research on the entails of an EPC contract will show you that one of the features of an EPC contract is that the owner/user specifies the project duration among other things. Was any of this info given to the public? What was the project duration so that instead of you saying it was not a failure we can decide for ourselves? If it did not meet such a deadline then why didn't it? Something that to can be broken down to as easy as A B C does not have to be made unecessarily complicated to claim better insight or understanding does it? I am aware of the scope of the project and yes i might be so bold as to say i even comprehend it and after all this comprehension all i can say is that at the very best, it was badly managed to say the least. Did OBJ in anywhere in the write up say that the project has made such progress because it is still in its conceptual stage? So why on earth do you now want to make that arguement for him? And please let us not be coy, this is not 3 or 4 years we are talking about but 8 years and this is not some project for a company but a project of importance to a whole country.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by fyneguy: 11:04am On May 13, 2008
I wonder why anyone would refer us to contracting procedures bla bla bla on google when the facts are there for us to see.

If a contractor agreed to finish a project, for which he was paid, within 18 months and 2-3 years after, nothing is on ground and someone is refering us to google. Thats rubbish!

What did OBJ do when a project that was billed for completion in 18 months didnt even commence after 2-3 years?
Why did he approve more funds when previous ones were not accounted for?

OBJ should realise not all Nigerians are stupid and naive. the bulk stopped at his table. He shouldnt ask us to prosecute his foot soldiers. if he folded his arms and watched his foot soldiers mismanage the projects, he's as guilty as the guys!
we are not talking about 1 or 2 years activities. He was there for 8 years!, infact i'm too angry to make further comments
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by Afam(m): 12:03pm On May 13, 2008
So the projects in question spanned 8 years? It seems there is no limit to the type of lies people will introduce just to justify a wrong conclusion based on very faulty premises.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by babaogun(m): 12:16pm On May 13, 2008
@fyneguy
I dislike all politicians (to dispell any thoughts that i have taken sides), but your argument can be floored slightly.

A president to the best of my knowledge gives full & final approval and not staged approval.
It is left to the agency (whether ministry, bureau, commission, etc) managing the project to run it in phases/stages.

If you run a small company not to talk of a conglomerate, not to talk of a state, then a country like Thailand, not to talk about Great Nigeria, you might find out that it cant be a one man show as you move up the hierarchy of sizes.

brb.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by darren20(m): 12:31pm On May 13, 2008
Until Nigerians themselves realize the real situations they are in,and the effects on the generations to come,they will rise up and demand for change.there's no messiah anywhere,Nigerians are their own messiah.Talking or arguments etc will not bring a change.
Do have a great day!
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by klas(m): 12:51pm On May 13, 2008
At least we can chop words if we cannot chop money like the panelists, the contractors and the contract-awarders.

@skyblue, I apologise for my harsh words. It is not my will. It was due to the animal called man (what? I have used OBJ 'works' twice at a go. That is not plagiarism, it has become research grin). You said in post no 79 that you know the scope and maybe other things about the contracts, please share that with us here to enable us make better contributions. Who knows I may form NGO on it and seek for foreign grants. At least I too go make my own small thing on this power issue.

fyneguy:

If a contractor agreed to finish a project, for which he was paid, within 18 months and 2-3 years after, nothing is on ground and someone is refering us to google. Thats rubbish!

What did OBJ do when a project that was billed for completion in 18 months didnt even commence after 2-3 years?
Why did he approve more funds when previous ones were not accounted for?

There is something they call force-majure.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by fyneguy: 1:12pm On May 13, 2008
@Babaogun

It's obvious you havent been following the power project probe. Different projects were approved at different times. OBJ approved the projects at different times. In some cases, more money was released for some projects which nothing was done to account for funds previously released.

OBJ can't feign ignorance of these anomalies as the NIPP MD- Olotu- wrote letters to OBJ informing him about them.
what did OBJ do? OBJ has some explanations to give.

@afam

OBJ was president for 8 years. So I can say he couldnt fix the power problem for 8 years. Do u contest that?
As regards the projects, how come some of the contractors rushed to the sites when the probe panel embarked on the visits? Why were they threatening the lives of the panelists? Why did they offer some members bribe?

You referred to turbines at the ports. Were the turbines at the Ports when OBJ was in power? If so, why didnt he use his power to ensure prompt release if that was the problem? If the turbines got there when Yaradua came to power, did they arrive as and when due or late? what if the contractors rushed to order the turbines because of the probe?

Let's not deceive ourselves, it's obvious the projects only existed on paper! the beneficiaries have shared the money

@klas 

I laugh and laugh again. whats the act of God in all of these? Please lets desist from making excuses for outright and deliberate dereliction and fraud
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by feelgood(m): 1:19pm On May 13, 2008
Dear Afam,
After carefully going through the posts, I can't but salute your resilience in the face of the obvious ignorance displayed by some of the posters. Perhaps you will notice that nairaland is changing - we now have a generation of 'newbies' who delight in doublespeak, inability or refusal to sift the genuine from the garbage  undecided

Perhaps you must have noticed that the thread has changed and is a ghost of it's old self. Same with the Religion thread. sad

@topic
I salute obj's guts. He's made his mistakes no doubt, and his trademark stubbornness has not helped matters, but his response puts to question the intelligence and motivation of the committee's modus. Being somone with many years experience on the way govt business and processes are, Elumelu's committee, I suspect is showmanship.

Anyway, good or bad, there is something that excites the people about obj bashing. I guess the Reps know this and are playing up in order to be seen as brave and fearless. Even Atiku, is becoming a saint now. How times and people change. I have never believed those 'threats' they claimed. Well, gotta leave now and clear the way. It's bashing time.

Cheers all.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by klas(m): 1:33pm On May 13, 2008
fyneguy:

@Babaogun

@klas

I laugh and laugh again. whats the act of God in all of these? Please lets desist from making excuses for outright and deliberate dereliction and fraud

Not Act of God but Acts of Niger Delta militants, kidnappers and hostile communities. Those are Major Forces [Force Majure]
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by fyneguy: 1:39pm On May 13, 2008
Hello Mr Feelgood,

You dont have to rub your biased mind on our faces. Well you may have benefitted from OBJ's largesse while in Office but if that mandated you to support him , even if he killed, do it with some finesse.

Read your post again pls. The modus operandi of the probe panel may be wrong but thats not the issue here. There are many questions begging for answers. OBJ needs to answer those questions. Sending his outsourced presentation to the panel does little or nothing to the issue. We need to know if he's aware of certain anomalies and what  he did as president. If the power projects were successful, OBJ would be the first to sing his praise at the PDP campaign grounds in 2007, as he did on GSM, as if it was his govt that gave the operators money for the infrastructure.

@klas

lololololol

Why do I think you are one of the contractors? Anyway you are right, the Niger Delta militants and kidnappers also prevented contractors for the South-western and Northern regions to work. They also made the govt reduce the 4 power plants approved for the North central to 1, after money for the 4 had been taken away from the purse? The militants must have advised Obasanjo to punish Kwara State because Sola Saraki fell out of favour with him.

Ok let the bootlicking continue
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by SkyBlue1: 1:45pm On May 13, 2008
LOL. This is just hilarious and i might make this my last post because this seems to be an exercise in futility. Some people have brought up points. Now instead of coming up with something that shows a shred or discussion or if you want arguement as a means of verifying or in this case dismissing these points, some people just call others "newbies" and throw taunts around. LOL. Wow. Ok then. If that is how you want to have that, go ahead and have that. Ignore all the concerns and issue raised by Nigerians everywhere, those who question are too stupid to comprehend and are even too stupid to comprehend any form of a response that is not available. I am concerned about things going on in Nigeria and this is not about winning an arguement. But if you want to feel like you have "won" whatever there is to win on this thread (inspite of the fact that Nigerians continue to suffer without light) by just ignoring the issues and instead of addressing anything and showing some of us where our reasoning is flawed go straight for the taunts then congrats you have "won" because i am not going to reciprocate such taunts. Congrats and well done. God bless  smiley
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by klas(m): 1:55pm On May 13, 2008
fyneguy:

@klas

lololololol

Why do I think you are one of the contractors?

I claim it. How I wish you had gone to MFM to pray that I should be awarded the power contract even at half the cost. I assure you, my address wont be Abj-Nig but one cool country where life expectancy is 200 years.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by fyneguy: 2:57pm On May 13, 2008
lol Klas,

Ok atleast you would only embezzle half of what they did. Again what makes you different from them? a lesser thief?
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by Frizy(m): 3:02pm On May 13, 2008
No matter how well baba cooked up those stories no one is ready to believe. The truth of the matter is spending $16 billion is no joke. There are so many countries all over with 24hrs electricity. Why should Nigeria the Giant of the whole Africa be different?
This report only shows that OBJ was not able to meet up to the expectation and the continous claims that NEPA had a low power output in 1999 maybe true. But NEPA has gone worse! The people keep complaining of little or no electricity. Why is this so?Because our leaders don't aim to fix the problem. All they do is giving statistics on how much they have done with very little to show for it.

Nigeria is just like the Animal farm, people complain when there is heat but just in weeks they forget and adjust to the harshness.
I pray the youths wake Nigeria up from this mystery!
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by naijaking1: 3:21pm On May 13, 2008
Nigeria and Nigerians are very funny!

I don't know which is worse: a government embezzling money meant for generating power for its citizens, or misguided patriots defending the indefensible on Nairaland, or a House committe conducting a 'showmanship' hearing?

I am shocked at how some people have turned to aim their cannons at the House committee for daring to ask questions about how money was spent on Nigeria's energy situation that actually became worse as more  money was spent on it.

The house committee functions to strenghten our democracy, they may not be perfect in their outlook, but the basic principle of having the House of Reps. ask questions about any issue in our country is very good for democracy.

Democracy, in theory at least, knows no sacred cows, if you stop the genuine representative of the people from asking questions about the affairs of the country, then we will simply say goodbye to democracy. Note, there are other ways to evaluate the successs or failure of the committee, but they must be allowed to do their constitutional duties.

Despite OBJ's write-up, have we even considered that some of this money might have been given/awarded to some disreputable power companies, such as the Austrian firm embroiled in legal dispute with Iyabo Obasanjo?

For those people who think OBJ has no question to answer, how do you explain the fact that of all the reputable power companies in the US, UK, France, Germany, and even China, OBJ and his family/cabinet/friends resorted to an unknown Austrian firm?
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by fyneguy: 3:32pm On May 13, 2008
My submission is this:

If OBJ really was dedicated to solving the power problem, he would do everything to achieve it within the period in review.

If delay in passing relevant bills was the problem, if he expended half of the resources he squandered on 3rd term agenda on it, we wouldnt be talking about the bills now.

He made himself Petroleum minister. Some of us thought that was to ensure good management but let's wait and see the outcome of the oil probe.

It's either he lacked the managerial skills to handle such sensitive and capital intensive matters or he was not interested in bettering the lots of Nigerians.

Either ways, he wasn't a good president for a country as resourceful and important as Nigeria.
Re: 'My Power Project Story' By Olusegun Obasanjo by naijaking1: 3:44pm On May 13, 2008
All the more reason why we should encourage the House c'mte to ask relevant questions, and get answers under oath and as part of our national permanent record.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Flying Doctor Saving Lives In Nigeria- CNN / Airforce Invents Bomb Detecting Robot To Fight Boko Haram / Reps Summon DSS Boss, Daura, Over Ekiti Assembly Invasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.