Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,733 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria (1466 Views)

It’s Winter Solstice So Druids, Wiccans And Pagans Are Having A Banging Party / "Pagans Are Responsible For The Draw-backs In Nigeria" / Atheists And Pagans Are On The Wrong Side (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2013
Invasion of western power damaged reputation of paganism in the country. Islam and christianity were introduced. The pagans were rendered powerless. Oyinbo guns and arab swords defeated pagans and rendered their gods useless. Then there was no true conversion. New converts still adhere to some of their pagan beliefs. Some of these beliefs include human rituals for power and money,juju for all sorts of things. If there is no paganism the country will be fair. Even bokoharam killing is a form of ritualism. The truth is that killings would continue even in western countries because many people still hold to paganism, a form of demonism. This makes satan happy. True christian will not kill and learn to kill. True christians are not soldiers, arm robbers, bokoharamists, terrorists, ritualists, magicians and so on.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2013
have you lost your mind
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
have you lost your mind

do not abuse. prove me wrong. it is insane people that use abuse to reply. pagans use virgins for ritual,pagans kill twin, pagans are backward no innovation. let pagans produce cars,gsm etc.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 24, 2013
Morning Laa,

Your OP is very contradictory....

Pagans were rendered powerless with the advent of some foreign religions but still they are the cause of the killings?

In effect what you are saying is that the militants in South south are pagans...

Every Bokoharam member is a pagan....

Every president or military head of states we have had is a pagan...

The kidnappings in the East are done by pagans...

What I see here is one who is accusing a group falsely and in the spirit of fairness, I believe this thread should be thrashed by the mods cause that's where it belongs...no disrespect intended! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:55am On Jun 24, 2013
virgins for ritual

are you taking about the virginity tests in South Africa?

can you please name any Pagan religion that practices the use of virgins and what for?

Pagans kill twins? I already debunked this before. None of us kill twins. It was "supposedly" a cultural practice among the small Kalabari section of the Ijaw peoples. However this myth was first recorded and spread by the missionary marie selassor. So it was probably another one of those many tactics used by early colonial christian missonaries in Africa to gain converts. so no surprizes there. :/

and btw whats the probability of twins among the Kalabaris compared toNigerias whole population? 1 in a million are you comparing this to the mass genocides done by christians throughout the ages

Pagans are backward? you are an id.iot to say that!

you know the maths and science textbook you used in school ALmost all the basic (and even advanced) concepts in it were made by Pagan scientists , philosophers and mathematicians like Pythagoras, Archimedes, Aristotle, Euclid, Aryabhatta, BrahmaGupta, Eratosthenes, Hippocrates (father of Modern Medicine), etc.

we invented numbers, how to light a fire, language, religion, etc.

and here you are calling us backward with no innovation HOW DARE YOU! angry angry angry angry

This modern world and you wouldn't even exist today without Paganism. keep that in mind. angry

oh and btw all you laptops, electronic appliances etc., are produced by the Japanese PAGANS, while your other stuff used at home are produced by Chinese and Indian PAGANS.

the reason why today we dont have many Pagans producing things (apart from Indians , CHinese and Japanese who actually themselves beat the the production of most other nations), is that there are not mmany Pagans left on this world.

If there were, then we would be in the 31st century by now.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:55am On Jun 24, 2013
btw Im sure you are Yoruba.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by Mudley313: 8:45am On Jun 24, 2013
Laalamed: The truth is that killings would continue even in western countries because many people still hold to paganism, a form of demonism. This makes satan happy. True christian will not kill and learn to kill. True christians are not soldiers, arm robbers, bokoharamists, terrorists, ritualists, magicians and so on.

Laalamed:
do not abuse. prove me wrong. it is insane people that use abuse to reply. pagans use virgins for ritual,pagans kill twin, pagans are backward no innovation. let pagans produce cars,gsm etc.

ignoring the millions that died in the hands of christians during medieval times from the crusades to the inquisitions, i will take you straight to your gods alleged inspired writings, the bible:

Genocide:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

Human Sacrifice:

“And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, ‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels and with dancing. She was his only child; he had no son or daughter except her. When he saw her, he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low; you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)

...and what is up with this pagan 9ja guy? i bet you're sockpuppet account of some christian on here; paganism is not like some particular religion; it is basically a broad term to depict non-abrahamic religions (shamanism, polytheism, pantheism, animism), and in the hebrew bible is comparable to a heretic or infidel...if the african traditional religious practices is what you subscribe to, at the end of the day, even though it makes more sense following the belief system of your forebears rather than a religion of foreigners who actually exploited and enslaved you, it's as delusional and irrational as any other of the major belief system; and apart from the fact that beliefs in irrational jargons usually stagnates societal progress, it has it's fair share of barbaric savagery like human sacrifices and killing of twins

1 Like

Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2013
Mudley313:

...and what is up with this pagan 9ja guy? i bet you're sockpuppet account of some christian on here; paganism is not like some particular religion; it is basically a broad term to depict non-abrahamic religions (shamanism, polytheism, pantheism, animism), and in the hebrew bible is comparable to a heretic or infidel...if the african traditional religious practices is what you subscribe to, at the end of the day, even though it makes more sense following the belief system of your forebears rather than a religion of foreigners who actually exploited and enslaved you, it's as delusional and irrational as any other of the major belief system; and apart from the fact that beliefs in irrational jargons usually stagnates societal progress, it has it's fair share of barbaric savagery like human sacrifices and killing of twins

hey Dont teach me about my own religion. Don't you see my profile Im speaking for all Pagan religions of the world.

Exactly! Im speaking for all ethnoc-tribal religions.

Maybe its delusional and irrational to you but not for me. Im born Pagan and Im sticking to it and Im going to spread it aswell. When I see the progress of Pagan Nations in Asia, and when I hear stories of the Great Pagan Kingdoms of the past, Im filled with envy and I wish my nation to become Pagan and progress as well. both materiall, and spiritually. and also morally.

How does it stagnate progress when we were the ones who kickstarted progress in the first place!!!!

Since the dawn of christianity and islam, we have never been able to show ourselvs to our full potential. WHY? because we have never been given the chance to grow and progress. we have never been celebrated but always shunned.

PLEASE FOR GODS' SAKE, WE DO NOT DO TWIN SACRIFICES! STOP REPEATING THE SAME BULLSH!T AGAIN AND AGAIN! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU DOING SO AND ME EXPLAINING a MILLION TIMES!

AND THEN YOU GUYZ ASK ME WHY DO I CURSE SO MUCH AND GET BANNED! MY GODS IM SICK OF THIS!
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:01am On Jun 24, 2013
striktlymi: Morning Laa,

Your OP is very contradictory....

Pagans were rendered powerless with the advent of some foreign religions but still they are the cause of the killings?

In effect what you are saying is that the militants in South south are pagans...

Every Bokoharam member is a pagan....

Every president or military head of states we have had is a pagan...

The kidnappings in the East are done by pagans...

What I see here is one who is accusing a group falsely and in the spirit of fairness, I believe this thread should be thrashed by the mods cause that's where it belongs...no disrespect intended! smiley

hey stiktlymi,

THank You very much brother. You are the only christian I respect on this forum.

you are not even fit to be a christian.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

hey stiktlymi,

THank You very much brother. You are the only christian I respect on this forum.

you are not even fit to be a christian.

If by the bold you mean I need to be a better christian, then I agree! wink

But seriously, it is very obvious that the OP is VERY VERY VERY biased and unfair. The sad reality is that members of the Christian and Muslim religions have done more damage to the Country than pagans put together.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:08am On Jun 24, 2013
striktlymi:

If by the bold you mean I need to be a better christian, then I agree! wink

But seriously, it is very obvious that the OP is VERY VERY VERY biased and unfair. The sad reality is that members of the Christian and Muslim religions have done more damage to the Country than pagans put together.

lmao no I meant you would be better as a Nigerian/Pagan. anyway ill let the winds take their course. . wink

yeah its true. Personally I believe Op was just looking for trouble.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

lmao no I meant you would be better as a Nigerian/Pagan. anyway ill let the winds take their course. . wink

yeah its true. Personally I believe Op was just looking for trouble.

smiley
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by Mudley313: 9:59am On Jun 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

hey Dont teach me about my own religion.
paganism is not a "particular" religion, you heathen dumb fvck

Don't you see my profile Im speaking for all Pagan religions of the world.

Exactly! Im speaking for all ethnoc-tribal religions.
oh ok...but hope you know that's kinda ambiguous as hell; you're speaking for people of different culture, geographical location, belief systems, and even totally different time eras

Maybe its delusional and irrational to you but not for me.
which exact pagan belief do you subscribe to? all of them?? cos that's not different from claiming to be part of all existing religion; if that on its own is not irrational and delusional, i dunno what is

Im born Pagan and Im sticking to it and Im going to spread it aswell.
oh ok

When I see the progress of Pagan Nations in Asia, and when I hear stories of the Great Pagan Kingdoms of the past, Im filled with envy and I wish my nation to become Pagan and progress as well. both materiall, and spiritually. and also morally.
<rollseyes> china is mostly buddhist, india is mostly hindu, japan is mostly shinto; ancient egypt practiced a polytheistic religion centered on their pharoah, the greeks were hellenistic, the romans were made up of various cults until constantine converted to christianity...so, only you wanna claim all these totally different religions and culture? why not just say you see progress in the human race; cos that is what you seem to be claiming right now; the whole human race...and don't forget the islamic golden age of vast progress in maths, science, philosophy etc and that america was founded on judeo-christain values; so what tha fvck is you on about

How does it stagnate progress when we were the ones who kickstarted progress in the first place!!!!
who is this "we"...you're so quixotic in your beliefs it's not even funny...are you not african; your african pagan forebears could not even build a vessel that was sea worthy

Since the dawn of christianity and islam, we have never been able to show ourselvs to our full potential. WHY? because we have never been given the chance to grow and progress. we have never been celebrated but always shunned.
and yet again i ask; who is this we you speak of? there's freedom to practice whatever religion you choose in most western nations including the united states and japan

PLEASE FOR GODS' SAKE, WE DO NOT DO TWIN SACRIFICES! STOP REPEATING THE SAME BULLSH!T AGAIN AND AGAIN! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU DOING SO AND ME EXPLAINING a MILLION TIMES!
ok, i give you that one cos i know of how the missionaries tried to portray the africans mostly as savages that needed to be saved; but (since you seem to claim everyother relgion apart from christainity and islam) what about ancient egyptians and mesopotamia who buried alive a servant with the pharoahs to serve him in the afterlife; infants were sacrificed in cathaginia and phoenecia; celtic druids engaged extensively in human sacrifice, not to mention the brutal savagery of the mayans and aztecs

AND THEN YOU GUYZ ASK ME WHY DO I CURSE SO MUCH AND GET BANNED! MY GODS IM SICK OF THIS! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
well, two can play that game but you seem so dumb as fvck for me to even waste my time attempting to engage with you...you probably are suffering from some sort of mental disorder
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:26am On Jun 24, 2013
Mudley313:
paganism is not a "particular" religion, you heathen dumb fvck

you a$$hole. your father is dumb f*ck.

My religion is a Pagan religion.

oh ok...but hope you know that's kinda ambiguous as hell; you're speaking for people of different culture, geographical location, belief systems, and even totally different time eras

yes thats right. so you got a problem with that

which exact pagan belief do you subscribe to? all of them?? cos that's not different from claiming to be part of all existing religion; if that on its own is not irrational and delusional, i dunno what is

I subscribe to Maguzawa Hausa religion , but as a Pagan I can worship any other Pagan religion, though my tribal religion works best for me, since it is the version related to my people.

It has been noticed in the past as well how different Pagans from diffeent religions could easily adapt to that of others. This is why many a times, Gods were actually "imposrted" from other nations. As in the example of Mithras, a Persian God worhshipped in Europe, or Isis (Egyptian God worshiped in Europe), or Athena (Roman/Greek God worshipped in the Maghreb and in Arabia).

It is is not exactly that the God was actually imported. just the concept. The same Universal Pantheon applies everywhere.

This is why we had no conversions and religious wars back then. However it is futile to abandon your own birth religion.

<rollseyes> china is mostly buddhist, india is mostly hindu, japan is mostly shinto; ancient egypt practiced a polytheistic religion centered on their pharoah, the greeks were hellenistic, the roman were made up of various cults until constantine converted to christianity...so, only you wanna claim all these totally different religions and culture? why not just say you see progress in the human race; cos that is what you seem to be claiming right now; the whole human race

stop rolling your eyes too much. Almost all (Han) Chinese (even athesists) subscribe to CHinese Traditional Religion as a part of their life. In addition to that , they follow Buddhism/Taoism. This is why you notice shrines of Chinese Gods, Feng SHui (used by most Chinese businessmen and the Chinese stock market in Hong Kong as well) ,etc.

Japan is mosstly SHinto. True. Shinto is Japanese Traditional Paganism, for your kind info.

True Egyptian Traditional Religion, today extinct. though it was practiced till the last 200 years by the Bejawi nomads.

Hellenism is Greek Paganism.

The Roman Cults were successors of Greek Paganism. SInce Rome encompassed a very large area and absorbed many ethnic groups (not assimilated) ; these groups practiced and brought their own religions to the Roman Empire.

Yes you are finally getting the gist of Paganism. Paganism is Humanism. True Humanism is the way of the original Tribes. However today as many things have gone wrong due to assimilation by xtianity and islam, I only speak for the original successor Tribes/Ethnic Groups of the world.

Check my moto on my profile.

who is this "we"...you're so quixotic in your beliefs it's not even funny...are you not african; you african pagan forebears could not even build a vessel that was sea worthy

True. though we ould build vessels, but just basic ones to feed ourselves. We did not have the colonial mentality.

By "we" I'm referring to our United Religious Denomination as Pagans. My original context was to all those who say that those who follow their ethnic religion, Gods, Idolatory, ritualism ,etc., (PAGANS) cannot progress or make scientific advancement.

and yet again i ask; who is this we you speak of? there's freedom to practice whatever religion you choose in most western nations including the united states and japan

and yet again I tell you, Im referring to the united Group of us Pagans (ethno-religionist idolator ritualists).
so what do I do if there is freedom to practice whatever religion.

btw you think ameica is also so open and stuff You are wrong. their foundation principles are christianity.

I do not believe in america. it ws never meant to be formed. it is an evil nation that has caused so much destruction and suffering. before I never thought this way, but now I know better.

the only true owners of america are the Pagan Natives.

I have many Native AMerican friends and Im working with them too for their rights.

america is not a worthy nation.

ok, i give you that one cos i know of how the missionaries tried to portray the africans mostly as savages that needed to be saved; but (since you seem to claim everyother relgion apart from christainity and islam) what about ancient egyptians and mesopotamia who buried alive a servant with the pharoahs to serve him in the afterlife; infants were sacrificed in cathaginia and phoenecia; celtic druids engaged extensively in human sacrifice, not to mention the savagery of the mayans and aztecs

The Anceient Egyptians did that because they were royalty. that was royal custom. It had no real religious significance to the common people. It wa their way of showing the supreme authority of the ruler.

also the servent/slves were from captured tribes and in the past, it was customary to execute and kill POWs or enslave them if they were lucky.

it was a custom.

do you have proof that infants were sacrificed in Carthgnia and Phonecia? (both which i must remind you , have made their own contributions to humanity. Phonecia especially had one of the greatest ever seafaring civilizations known to mankind).

since we were not there, we cannot really tell what was the significance.

Also I cannot deny human sacrifice didnt take place in the past, because I wouldn't want to lie.

blood sacrifice clarification: In former days, sacrificial victims were criminals or POWs or at the most, religious volunteers. According to Pagan ideals, all creatures on this planet, be it animals, plants or humans, are equally created as living organisms and important for the workings of this world. THe more developed the animal, the greater potential the sacrifice has. This is why human sacrifice was usually reserved for very important rare occasions and especially performed by Royalty.

Now when you want something, you must give back something in return. this is called a sacrifice. when you want money, you sacrifice your effort to obtain it, when you want to eat, you sacrifice your money to buy food. in the same way,etc., when people want something from the divine forces, such as rains for good crops, etc. they have to give back something in return. This is in line with physics, i.e., the opposing forces have to be balanced. now what they give back depends on the ritual, mode & context. it maybe a chicken, or a goat or vegetables, or something like that. now we believe that if other animals can be sacrificed, then why not humans this is why it was so in the past that criminals, POWS, etc., instead of normal execution as was the norm of aftermaths of battles in those days, they were killed on the altar of the Gods. now there is no real difference if they die in the gallows or on the altar, is there instead there is a + point if on the altar, because atleast the sacrifice would be appeased.
ofcourse Paganism is ever-evolving and such rituals can be subdued or changed but there is no difference really. i mean, we could still use criminals on death-row for sacrifices, or we could just drop it. It is just that human sacrifices tend to have more spiritual prowess.

However, I don't see why these ancient methods should affect the future of todays Pagans and Paganism as a whole

Paganism does not go by a book like abrahamic religions. Paganism is ever progressing and advancing if given the time and space to grow.

This is why some Pagan religions like Greek Religion, Hinduism, Ifa Orisha, etc., are more advanced than others from less-civilized tribes.

Paganism advances with CIvilization and progress.

However this does not mean the advanced Pagan religions are any better than the basic ones. No. both carry the same importance in their respective cosmos. The more advanced onese are just to suit the growing intellectual, material and spirtual needs.

well, two can play that game but you seem so dumb as fvck for me to even waste my time attempt to engage with you...you probably are suffering from some sort of mental disorder

is that so

your mother is a lesbian. cool
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by Mudley313: 10:47am On Jun 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

i am an a$$hole. my father is a dumb f*ck.

my mother is a lesbian. cool

hope you do seek much needed medical attention for your mental health issues before you hurt yourself
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:04am On Jun 24, 2013
Mudley313:
[size=16pt]Im a bastard. My mother was a pro.stitute. My father likes to have s8ex with dogs because my mother is ugly.[/size]

WTF? THATS NOT MY PROBLEM!!!! WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT

YOU ARE SIKK DUDE. YOU SHOULD BE SENT TO AN ASYLUM! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 24, 2013
I said the so-called christians still adhere to pagan beliefs that is why they do the killings. Killing is not part of teaching of Jesus. Regarding israel who involved in war in the Bible, they were not christians.they practice judaism. And the killings are directed at pagans only as part Judgement from God. Coming of Jesus stopped this, God is not using any nation but people who worship him in spirit and truth.
Mudley313:

ignoring the millions that died in the hands of christians during medieval times from the crusades to the inquisitions, i will take you straight to your gods alleged inspired writings, the bible:

Genocide:

“This is what the Lord Almighty says... ‘Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’” (1 Samuel 15:3)

Human Sacrifice:

“And Jephthah made a vow to the Lord, and said, ‘If you will give the Ammonites into my hand, then whoever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return victorious from the Ammonites, shall be the Lord’s, to be offered up by me as a burnt-offering.’ Then Jephthah came to his home at Mizpah; and there was his daughter coming out to meet him with timbrels and with dancing. She was his only child; he had no son or daughter except her. When he saw her, he tore his clothes, and said, ‘Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low; you have become the cause of great trouble to me. For I have opened my mouth to the Lord, and I cannot take back my vow.’” (Judges 11:30-1, 34-5)

Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:48am On Jun 24, 2013
Laalamed: I said the so-called christians still adhere to pagan beliefs that is why they do the killings. Killing is not part of teaching of Jesus. Regarding israel who involved in war in the Bible, they were not christians.they practice judaism. And the killings are directed at pagans only as part Judgement from God. Coming of Jesus stopped this, God is not using any nation but people who worship him in spirit and truth.

[size=16pt]BRAVO!!!! Now anything wrong that christians or muslims do, blame it on the PAGAN scapegoats.[/size]

Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by UyiIredia(m): 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
@ PAGAN9JA: Your consistency in advocating for paganism is admirable but I'm quite surprised you cast lots of aspersion on Christianity and Islam. In my Dad's version of paganism (b4 he converted to Christianity) all religions were a way of understanding God. I sometimes wonder whether you subscribe to this belief.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ PAGAN9JA: Your consistency in advocating for paganism is admirable but I'm quite surprised you cast lots of aspersion on Christianity and Islam. In my Dad's version of paganism (b4 he converted to Christianity) all religions were a way of understanding God. I sometimes wonder whether you subscribe to this belief.

yes exactly! your dad was absolutely right!

that is core Paganism. different paths to the Gods.

however this only applies to true religions. i do not consider islam and christianity and judaism as pure religions because they lack the Spiritual element. they have been adulterated from pre-existing religions and were formed by men.

why do you think there were no religious wars in pre-christian days its because different Pagans from different tribes, recognized each others independance of paths to the Gods.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
Paganism is not 1 religion bro. Paganism is religion. there are many different Paganism/religions. wink
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by UyiIredia(m): 2:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
^^^ Thanks for the info. I'll check to make sure of your talk of religious wars not happening before Christianity.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^ Thanks for the info. I'll check to make sure of your talk of religious wars not happening before Christianity.

sure! cool
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
What is different between tribal and religion war? Killings na killings. Infact pagans started war in history of world. Check the book A SHORT HISTORY OF THE WORLD BY H.G Wells. Even with advent of christianity war continues because politicians or rulers adulterated religion spread the same adulterated beliefs. The first roman emperor to become christian was constatine . He did that to gain political influence amidst growning christian population. He neither received nor understood christian teachings. And because of political influence some corrupt christian leaders accepted him. The was birth adulterated christianity. So paganism continue in many churches today and that is why u see barbaric acts of ancient pagans among today christians. GET IT CLEAR PAGANS STARTED WAR/KILLINGS IN HISTORY.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
Laalamed: What is different between tribal and religion war? Killings na killings. Infact pagans started war in history of world. Check the book A SHORT HISTORY OF THE WORLD BY H.G Wells. Even with advent of christianity war continues because politicians or rulers adulterated religion spread the same adulterated beliefs. The first roman emperor to become christian was constatine . He did that to gain political influence amidst growning christian population. He neither received nor understood christian teachings. And because of political influence some corrupt christian leaders accepted him. The was birth adulterated christianity. So paganism continue in many churches today and that is why u see barbaric acts of ancient pagans among today christians. GET IT CLEAR PAGANS STARTED WAR/KILLINGS IN HISTORY.

I'll tell you the difference. Tribal wars were fought over resources, food, conflicts, blood feuds, etc. for SURVIVAL.

Religious wars are fought in the name of religion for FANATICISM.

We Pagans never EVER fight religious wars.

However christians,muslims are liable to fight both tribal(these days National) and religious wars.

ofcourse Pagans started war you id.iot! We were the first people on this planet. My Gods what nincompoops I have to deal with! angry angry angry angry

However we never fought wars to further our religious beliefs and to proselytize.

YEAHH WE PAGANS STARTED WAR AND KILLINGS IN HISTORY! IM PROUD TO SAY THAT WE WERE THE FIRST THAT LAID DOWN THE CODES OF MODERNS WARFARE, CHIVALRY, WEAPONRY AND GALLANTRY. BUT OVER SENSIBLE REASONS LIKE FOOD, EMPIRES GROWTH, CIVILIZATION, LAND, etc. NOT OVER RELIGION/PAGANISM.

1 Like

Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
Try to read H.G WELLS BOOK, WAR OF THE WORLDS. U would notice the so called religious wars were motivated by greedy e.g resouces and domination. It is tagged religion war because warring nations or tribes have different religion beliefs e.g catholics(nationalists) and protestants(unionist) in ireland, sunni and shia muslims during iran-iraq war, hindu(india) versus muslim (pakistan) . Those wars were not religious in nature. Leaders used religion to fuel them. And follow patterns of ur ancient pagan(tribal) wars. Let me tell u motives for war are the same: to dominate culturally or politically. Mind u religion is an element of culture. When persia defeated babylon, worship of persia gods were imposed on babylonians. Also when alexandria the great defeated persia, greek culture including religion was imposed on their subjects. Fulani jihadists imposed islam on many maguzawas and ruled over them. Britons took christianity to their colonies and ruled over them. The true is that we are living in pagan world in disguise so expect brutality and killings to continue modern way cos pagans are still in control. Few people are christians.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by MamiWata: 12:20am On Jun 25, 2013
Laalamed: Try to read H.G WELLS BOOK, WAR OF THE WORLDS. U would notice the so called religious wars were motivated by greedy e.g resouces and domination. It is tagged religion war because warring nations or tribes have different religion beliefs e.g catholics(nationalists) and protestants(unionist) in ireland, sunni and shia muslims during iran-iraq war, hindu(india) versus muslim (pakistan) . Those wars were not religious in nature. Leaders used religion to fuel them. And follow patterns of ur ancient pagan(tribal) wars. Let me tell u motives for war are the same: to dominate culturally or politically. Mind u religion is an element of culture. When persia defeated babylon, worship of persia gods were imposed on babylonians. Also when alexandria the great defeated persia, greek culture including religion was imposed on their subjects. Fulani jihadists imposed islam on many maguzawas and ruled over them. Britons took christianity to their colonies and ruled over them. The true is that we are living in pagan world in disguise so expect brutality and killings to continue modern way cos pagans are still in control. Few people are christians.

If you know of any religious war fought by one group of pagans to prostelyze (sp) another group of pagans please do share. To the contrary there are many cases in West Africa where one group conquered another group but then borrowed its spirits and ways of divining used those in their own spirituality. This happened in Dahomey/Benin and amongst the Ashanti. I can imagine it happened elsewhere as well. Unlike the Abrahamic religions the spirits are not "jealous." The attitude in vodun is that if we see something that someone else is wearing we will ask to try it on and make it our own. This lends itself to the synchretism which is why pagan religions still survive in West Africa despite the monotheism of Christianity and Islam. Jesus can exist as a spirit in vodun and vodun will still survive.

I agree that few people are Christians. I wish Christians would spend more time doing missionary work on those who claim to be Christians and leave the rest of us alone. They should focus 100% of their energy on the folks who forget about Jesus as soon as they exit the church doors. It would set a good example if Christians actually did something more than follow hypocrisy as a way of life.
Re: Pagans Are The Cause Of Killings In Nigeria by 419forlife: 7:21am On Jun 27, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I'll tell you the difference. Tribal wars were fought over resources, food, conflicts, blood feuds, etc. for SURVIVAL.

Religious wars are fought in the name of religion for FANATICISM.

We Pagans never EVER fight religious wars.

However christians,muslims are liable to fight both tribal(these days National) and religious wars.

ofcourse Pagans started war you id.iot! We were the first people on this planet. My Gods what nincompoops I have to deal with! angry angry angry angry

However we never fought wars to further our religious beliefs and to proselytize.

YEAHH WE PAGANS STARTED WAR AND KILLINGS IN HISTORY! IM PROUD TO SAY THAT WE WERE THE FIRST THAT LAID DOWN THE CODES OF MODERNS WARFARE, CHIVALRY, WEAPONRY AND GALLANTRY. BUT OVER SENSIBLE REASONS LIKE FOOD, EMPIRES GROWTH, CIVILIZATION, LAND, etc. NOT OVER RELIGION/PAGANISM.

(1) (Reply)

Eternal erection? Wad A God Is Allah! / Bible Lessons / The Most Confusing Christian Song In Church.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.