Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. (2082 Views)

Man's Car Falls From Bridge, Survives Fatal Accident After (Photos) / Do You Believe In Life After Death? / Jesus Statue Survives Typhoon Haiyan's Destruction In The Philippines (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by kambo(m): 6:08am On Jun 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:
SMH. See wetin poverty and illiteracy dey cause.
[b]
Why are wise atheists not electrocuted? Why is Satan preventing my electrocution and your god allowing yours? [/b]I know you won't understand these questions but the day you do, that day you will realise that you are nothing but a programmed blackman who instead of solving his problems at first would start shouting dead jewish names when avoidable calamity happens.

If you had used the money and time you spent going to church (and giving thites) to secure and make safe your house, this wouldn't have happened to you. You instead give god glory for your negligence. What if your child have been electrocuted due to your stuppidity? You would now be blaming Satan my Master. Hypocrites!

@d bolded . The devil,Satan, doesnt attack those in his bag. If u'v never given ur life 2 christ ur a child of satan (whether u like it or not) . He wont bother u cuz ur already lost (hell bound) plus livg for him , doing wat pleases him e.g gettg mor ppl 2 curse God as an atheist etc.
But wen u bcom born again, translated into the kingdom of Christ, u bcom his enemy . He,satan, launches a compromising attack against u , i.e make u saddle sin and christianity together, ths way ur effectvely useless spiritually. Say d bait may b sex(a favrite), money (greed/stealg/not payg tithe etc), prayerlessness, timidity (too ashamed to identify as a christian etc) , pleasure seekg over and above seekg God , over busyness with wrldly pursuits hence no time 4 God, ths handles majority of d chrstian wrld but for d die hard remnants who are immune to d taunts and jeers of being called a fundamentalist christian , who do d wrks of Jesus winng souls 4 heaven , he launches outright frontal attacks . He attacks their cashflow, their health, their marraige, their reputation, their career, attacks them thru accidents plans for their death etc y d hatred. Well satan has no love but he gets enraged wen he suffers loss and the stakes here arent gold and silver or thngs but human souls. Its all about human souls.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:36am On Jun 26, 2013
kambo:

@d bolded . The devil,Satan, doesnt attack those in his bag. If u'v never given ur life 2 christ ur a child of satan (whether u like it or not) . He wont bother u cuz ur already lost (hell bound) plus livg for him , doing wat pleases him e.g gettg mor ppl 2 curse God as an atheist etc.
But wen u bcom born again, translated into the kingdom of Christ, u bcom his enemy . He,satan, launches a compromising attack against u , i.e make u saddle sin and christianity together, ths way ur effectvely useless spiritually. Say d bait may b sex(a favrite), money (greed/stealg/not payg tithe etc), prayerlessness, timidity (too ashamed to identify as a christian etc) , pleasure seekg over and above seekg God , over busyness with wrldly pursuits hence no time 4 God, ths handles majority of d chrstian wrld but for d die hard remnants who are immune to d taunts and jeers of being called a fundamentalist christian , who do d wrks of Jesus winng souls 4 heaven , he launches outright frontal attacks . He attacks their cashflow, their health, their marraige, their reputation, their career, attacks them thru accidents plans for their death etc y d hatred. Well satan has no love but he gets enraged wen he suffers loss and the stakes here arent gold and silver or thngs but human souls. Its all about human souls.

I think you confuse Satan with Yahweh, the angry and jealous one.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Ajasnoop: 8:50am On Jun 26, 2013
Image123:
not strong enough indeed. People have died from less intense exposure. God mercifully saved him from "devourer". You read the impact of the mention of the all powerful name, right?

People still survive more intense exposure without mentioning the all powerful name.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Ajasnoop: 8:58am On Jun 26, 2013
kambo:
luck, if any such stuff exists, shud b a random occurence not a reactive one . But unbelievers will seek to explain away supernatural thngs anyway they can. Mor like tryg to counter by all means possble wat they dnt want to believe in.
An event occurg only after a prior event has occured is connected and caused by d prior event.
So the later event is a consequence not random occurrence.
E.g the poster was transfixed by the electric current and cudnt pull free by his willpower,
he was initially mute and yet he was still being shocked away but after he screamed Jesus he was freed immediately. Was he free as a result of screamg a wrd or did electricity just decide to let him off?

Most things are attributable to luck and not divine intervention. If it were divine intervention, born agains and Pentecostals will be living far better lives than non believers. There is no empirical evidence that this is the case

Pentecostals are not generally healthier than the rest of the population. They are also not free from diseases and ailments

Pentecostals are not immune to human and natural tragedies

Pentecostals do not generally live longer than unbelievers. The Japanese live the longest on earth and most of them do not even beleive in Jesus

"Miracles" are not limited to Pentecostals as all humans in one way or another have benefitted from extraordinary good fortune or "miracles"
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Alwaystrue(f): 9:08am On Jun 26, 2013
grin @Candour, pay for what biko? Correction? At all.

@Image, Candour, Drummaboy, others I would like to understand what you mean by calling the name of the Lord in vain though. We have an All powerful name Jesus that knees bow at its mention that is why we should call that name in praise, worship, in times of need etc. Personally calling the name of either Jesus, God or Holy Spirit as a swear word or in situations where He won't be glorified is a no no.
Saying Oh dear is much better than saying Oh God at every exclamation. Swearing too isn't right as even the bible says so. I feel if many know how powerful the name of the Lord is we will respect it.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by DrummaBoy(m): 9:51am On Jun 26, 2013
Alwaystrue: grin @Candour, pay for what biko? Correction? At all.

@Image, Candour, Drummaboy, others I would like to understand what you mean by calling the name of the Lord in vain though. We have an All powerful name Jesus that knees bow at its mention that is why we should call that name in praise, worship, in times of need etc. Personally calling the name of either Jesus, God or Holy Spirit as a swear word or in situations where He won't be glorified is a no no.
Saying Oh dear is much better than saying Oh God at every exclamation. Swearing too isn't right as even the bible says so. I feel if many know how powerful the name of the Lord is we will respect it.

The bolded is what I also mean by calling the name of the Lord in vain. I agree with you as per the above. I speak for myself though... awaiting Candour and Images' position here.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Image123(m): 10:38am On Jun 26, 2013
Ajasnoop:

People still survive more intense exposure without mentioning the all powerful name.
The one on ground is Drumaboy mentioning the all powerful name and getting rescued. Deal with it.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Ajasnoop: 10:56am On Jun 26, 2013
Image123:
The one on ground is Drumaboy mentioning the all powerful name and getting rescued. Deal with it.

People still get rescued without mentioning the all powerful name. If i mention the all powerful name before I sit an exam, will my success be down to my mentioning the all powerful name? will I fail I do not mention the all powerful name?

Don't get me wrong there is power in the name but people misappropriate this an ascribe every single piece of good fortune to mentioning the all powerful name.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by unphilaz(m): 11:07am On Jun 26, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: SMH. See wetin poverty and illiteracy dey cause.

Why are wise atheists not electrocuted? Why is Satan preventing my electrocution and your god allowing yours? I know you won't understand these questions but the day you do, that day you will realise that you are nothing but a programmed blackman who instead of solving his problems at first would start shouting dead jewish names when avoidable calamity happens.

If you had used the money and time you spent going to church (and giving thites) to secure and make safe your house, this wouldn't have happened to you. You instead give god glory for your negligence. What if your child have been electrocuted due to your stuppidity? You would now be blaming Satan my Master. Hypocrites!

Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by kambo(m): 5:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ajasnoop:

Most things are attributable to luck and not divine intervention. If it were divine intervention, born agains and Pentecostals will be living far better lives than non believers. There is no empirical evidence that this is the case

Pentecostals are not generally healthier than the rest of the population. They are also not free from diseases and ailments

Pentecostals are not immune to human and natural tragedies

Pentecostals do not generally live longer than unbelievers. The Japanese live the longest on earth and most of them do not even beleive in Jesus

"Miracles" are not limited to Pentecostals as all humans in one way or another have benefitted from extraordinary good fortune or "miracles"

"luck" is wrngly applied. Its luck wen a father prays 4 hours and the next day he recieves a positive doctors report tht his son's broken bones hav been miracolously healed.
It is luck tht alien abductees are immediately released from a sunction pull wen they say that name?
It is luck tht a young man got free from paralysis wen he practced wat d bible said.
It is luck tht cancer dissapeared wen it was commanded to in the name of Jesus!
It is luck tht a lame muslim girl began walkg wen she was taken to a christian crusade
it luck tht people who were prayed for in a hospital ward by visitg christian ,almost all, experienced accelerated health and were discharged earlier thn expected
it is luck tht conditions termed incurable by medical science succumb to the name of Jesus and prayer and dissapear. With doctors certifyg d patient completely well.

It is luck tht ritualist release a victim whom many people are prayg 4 after the vctim was reported missg.

it is really luck. Consequential positive expected outcomes happeng in response to a definite event is luck? U really ar stretchg it and living in denial here.
You cud as well say tht it is luck tht a person who studied 8hrs+ a day as a student made very gud grades!

Theyre to many documented evidences of thngs happeng after prayer is made or the name of Jesus is invoked.

Theyre are also many incidences of prayer failures and nothg happeng at the mention of d name but tht doesnt negate d positive outcomes nor make them attributable to blind chance.

It is luck tht the bible , a mythical outdated book, so happened to declare tht at the mention of the name of Jesus and prayer miraculous thngs wud occur!
Y dont other names produce similar results? Luck?

1 Like

Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Candour(m): 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
Alwaystrue: grin @Candour, pay for what biko? Correction? At all.

dont mind me jare.i was thinking in naira and kobo when i typed that. grin

I agree with you & Drummaboy about the bolded.we must remember Paul the apostle admonishing us to do all things to the glory of God(1Cor 10:31).I believe it includes the use of his name.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Image123(m): 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ajasnoop:

People still get rescued without mentioning the all powerful name. If i mention the all powerful name before I sit an exam, will my success be down to my mentioning the all powerful name? will I fail I do not mention the all powerful name?

Don't get me wrong there is power in the name but people misappropriate this an ascribe every single piece of good fortune to mentioning the all powerful name.
kambo has answered, and so have you. The name of Jesus is all powerful.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Image123(m): 3:18am On Jun 27, 2013
Alwaystrue:

adding to what has been said, calling God/Jesus in vain includes the use of the name in incantation or as a kind of potion or ritual.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by UyiIredia(m): 7:21am On Jun 27, 2013
DrummaBoy:

This is the reason why I have thought that the call to give atheist, satanist, agnostics and the likes, a forum of thier own is a welcome idea. I believe that is what led to the establishment of the Islamic forum under religion. They could simply call "Free Thinkers" forum.

Because does one explain issues to Alfa without upsetting him any further. We simply are not on the same page.

Bear them.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by UyiIredia(m): 7:27am On Jun 27, 2013
Well DrummaBoy, I'm glad to know you are alive and Nairaland and your loved ones didn't lose you. The appreciation, I believe, is in order since I know people have died from shocks similar (or less intense) than the one you faced.

1 Like

Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Alwaystrue(f): 7:52am On Jun 27, 2013
@Candour, you are not minded jooo cheesy

@Image123, thanks. You have said it.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by PastorOluT(m): 9:04am On Jun 27, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

There is no god but only in your head. Satan as well, whom I choose to worship instead of the wicked one.

Christian block heads will never understand.

Man u need help and fast too, ur are confused and ur confusion is spelt with letter K to show how confused u are!

U don't believe Satan but worship him?

You are right i can't understand that!
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:26am On Jun 27, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Man u need help and fast too, ur are confused and ur confusion is spelt with letter K to show how confused u are!

U don't believe Satan but worship him?

You are right i can't understand that!

I know I am right. You are a christian after all. One of the fundamental christian characteristics is the abject lack of understanding they exhibit due to their single mindedness.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by DrummaBoy(m): 4:14am On Jun 29, 2013
[quote
author=Alfa Seltzer]

I know I am right. You are a christian after all. One of the fundamental
christian characteristics is the abject lack of understanding they
exhibit due to their single mindedness.[/quote]

Single mindedness can be a blessing; double mindedness or having an open mind can be trouble.

Nevertheless, this is a distraction. The thread was to give thanks for a deliverance and believe it or not God delivers.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Tgirl4real(f): 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
Praise God for your deliverance DrummaBoy!

@ Alfa Selszer,

You are one funny dude. Your post crack me up real hard. Lol!

If you don't believe God exist, who created your god, Satan?

Well, don't derail the thread, it's created to give glory to almighty God, so you should ignore.

1 Like

Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by flourishG(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
We appreciate your being alive brother. I'm sure you didn't pay any tithe or special seed sowing like bidam before God kept you alive. Celebrate your life in Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2013
flourishG: We appreciate your being alive brother. I'm sure you didn't pay any tithe or special seed sowing like bidam before God kept you alive. Celebrate your life in Christ.

Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Tgirl4real(f): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
flourishG: We appreciate your being alive brother. I'm sure you didn't pay any tithe or special seed sowing like bidam before God kept you alive. Celebrate your life in Christ.

Lol

And ermmm...I am sure he didn't see any visions of hell.

Abi u see Ghaddafi? grin
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by DrummaBoy(m): 9:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
Thanks Tgirl and flourish G. And yes, Floursh, I didnt pay any tithe to be alive. In fact, my wife kept saying if you had died, your gainsayers would have had a lot to say but praise to God I am alive and well. And will live long enough to fulfill God's calling on my life.

BTW, Tgirl, I read your post somewhere you were replying Goshen and it just cracked me up with laughter

Hehehehe

Goshen, you are a 'wicked' saint.

grin grin grin

I am following you now. I am family section guy too but have become caught up with religion for now; with the hope we can pull down some strong hold and then I could return to family section - because we are all family people.

1 Like

Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:44pm On Jul 20, 2013
Drummaboy, you can't cheat death. Pray and thank god all you want, but when the real death knocks on your door, you must answer.
Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by Tgirl4real(f): 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
DrummaBoy: Thanks Tgirl and flourish G. And yes, Floursh, I didnt pay any tithe to be alive. In fact, my wife kept saying if you had died, your gainsayers would have had a lot to say but praise to God I am alive and well. And will live long enough to fulfill God's calling on my life.

BTW, Tgirl, I read your post somewhere you were replying Goshen and it just cracked me up with laughter

I am following you now. I am family section guy too but have become caught up with religion for now; with the hope we can pull down some strong hold and then I could return to family section - because we are all family people.

awww.... I am just seeing this sir. We thank God.

I have also been caught up with religious things o, thanks to Goshen and Frosbel. Lol

I used to get pissed off whenever I come here cos the place has turned into a junk yard, but thank God for the meaningful discourse that's springing up.

We bless God for ur life.

1 Like

Re: Is This Life After Death? Drummaboy Survives Electrocution. by DrummaBoy(m): 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
^ Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crimes Of Prophet Mohammad Is Holy To Muslims / Help!!! I Think I Am In Trouble. / Proof Of God In 5 Minutes. (this If For The Thoughtful) Watch The Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.