Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story) (2321 Views)

The Forbidden Fruit / The Forbidden Land...(a.k.a The Treasure) / Stolen Kisses (Forbidden Fruit 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story) by Abisoyee(m): 6:30am On Jun 24, 2013
What do I know about love other than those silly love stories that romance authors spin to us in their novels? I have always been of the opinion that love doesn’t exist, at least the ideal romantic love that is preached. It is said that love is faithful, kind, trustworthy, forgiving and all those crap that they talk about but I believe that the human heart is just unworthy of feeling something this pure so what we actually mistake for love is mere affection mixed with lust and we call that love.

I have always been of this school of thought until I met her; Sharon was different from all the types of girls I have come in contact with; soft spoken with a sharp wit that excited me. I had known her for close to two years without actually meeting her in person since she said she schooled in Abuja but actually resided in Lagos. How I had first come across Sharon was one of those random online dating sites that boring people signed up for. When I signed up for the site, I wasn’t really looking for anything so when Sharon added me, we were just online chat mates. Little did we know that fate had more in stock for us than we planned, a friend of Sharon’s happened to be my school mate and we belonged to the same club, Junior Chamber International (JCI) although I didn’t know she was a friend to Sharon  (it wasn’t as if Sharon meant anything to me).

Mirabel was a sweet girl that any man would be proud to have, beautiful and smart with a charming personality, I liked her and decided to give dating a trial with her. We were a power couple, everybody envied us and we got tired of hearing how good we were together. Things went smoothly with Mirabel for the first two months then she started showing some unsavoury character. Mirabel was a notorious flirt and had the habit of excessive clubbing; she was a party animal and although I am not avast to the idea of anyone having fun, Mirabel’s was just too much. The clubbing and partying I could handle but when her cheating started getting out of control, I decided to call it quits and pick up the pieces of my ‘broken heart’ and move on. The ever soft-spoken and soothing Sharon was there to share in my pain and console me. She was my strength during those two months of getting over Mirabel’s infidelity; to me I had wasted those ten months spent with Mirabel. Just when I thought I was over Mirabel, Sharon decided to drop her own bombshell; she opened up that she actually had feelings for me and hadn’t wanted to tell me so that she won’t ruin the relationship between us. If I had thought I was shocked, I don’t know what I would describe the next emotion when she said she was actually friends with Mirabel. She revealed that they were secondary school friends and were still in touch even if they were not particularly too close. I was dumfounded, angry at first for her deceit in not having told me all this while that I was dating Mirabel but then I realized it wasn’t all too important because of the new feelings that had been awakened in me.

I cannot call Sharon my rebound from Mirabel because I know I am over her now but suddenly I realized that I actually cared for Sharon more than I should. I told Sharon how I felt and that is when she decided to drop another bombshell; she was an ex-girlfriend to Sharon’s brother who was an arch enemy of mine. Michael and I never hit it off right from the first meeting because he was one of those pompous jerk-ass that thinks the world revolves around them and having nerver been one to like pride, in my usual blunt manner I had told him straight to his face and since then he hated my guts. I suspect his hatred came not from having told him to his face he was proud but rather from the fact that he secretly conceded I am right. I asked Sharon what was going to happen now and she told me she would be coming to Lagos that weekend and would be around for about six months.

I was excited and thrilled, I was going to finally meet this new person that has reawakened the feelings I wasn’t sure I was capable of again. I don’t think its love since I don’t believe in it but it comes closest to it as possible. In my excitement, I could smell trouble though; Sharon had hinted that Michael was still heavily in love with her and that he was pestering her badly. I could imagine him his fury when he finds out that I am the man preventing him from having his love. Not only am  I the supposed devil that had broken his sister heart when in truth she had been the flirt that cause the break up, I am also the girlfriend thief. That week I was in a state of confusion and happiness, confused because I didn’t know what to do about the whole matter and happy because of this new found feelings. I confided in my best friend, Andy who simply told me to be careful about the whole matter.

Sharon came to Lagos as planned and came over to my house as already agreed the next day, it was divine and short of the feeling of finding oneself in paradise. She was even more beautiful than her pictures were and she wasn’t shy which is one attribute I have always detested in a lady. I don’t like unnecessary coyness and the conversation flowed effortlessly, we talked about many things ranging from what we have been up to and the things we planned on doing. Her lips were inviting and tempting and before realizing myself, I took her in my arms and kissed her softly on the lips. Her look of surprise changed to an emotion of pure joy that encouraged me and I slowly parted her lips and delved into that honey well. Stars exploded in my brain and I pulled her to me, she pulled at my shirt as if for dear life and we were lost in paradise. Forbidden fruits do taste better and sweeter; we were brought back to earth with the clearing of a throat. We sprung apart and saw standing there; hands akimbo with flames literally bellowing from her head was Mirabel……….

To be continued

Check out more cool stories at www.poshkidcharming.
Re: Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story) by Ice4jez(m): 7:11am On Jun 24, 2013
bro i beg u too make sense.when is d next update

1 Like

Re: Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story) by Abisoyee(m): 9:59am On Jun 24, 2013
Ice4jez: bro i beg u too make sense.when is d next update
Very soon
Re: Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story) by id4u2nv: 11:26am On Jun 24, 2013
Waiting 4 d update pls

1 Like

Re: Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story) by Abisoyee(m): 8:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
The update will come soon enough
Re: Forbidden Fruit (A Short Story) by Jummyjagz(f): 11:22am On May 24, 2015
Following!
Impatiently waiting!

(1) (Reply)

Bimbo Badoo! / My Christmas Angel / President Goodluck Jonathan Is Going To Bring Back The Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.