Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Your Assesment Of Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Your Assesment Of Nairaland (847 Views)

What is your Assesment of NIMC NIN Creation so far? / Re: Assesment Of Yaradua / Your Assesment Of The Nigerian Government So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Assesment Of Nairaland by neneslim(m): 9:56am On Jun 24, 2013
We all have posted topics or commented on some topics, while some have been banned for irregular posts,abuses or frauds related issues, some have found love, wealth and healthy living lifestyles. Nairaland thought some about the political state of our nation.
take your time and post a comment about what u will want to change in nairaland and what you will want to add into nairaland as a society for almost free speech and nearly perfect expression.
Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:06am On Jun 24, 2013
Dem send you?

1 Like

Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by neneslim(m): 10:08am On Jun 24, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Dem send you?
yes.
Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:09am On Jun 24, 2013
neneslim: yes.

Tell them say you no see me.
Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by neneslim(m): 10:14am On Jun 24, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Tell them say you no see me.
i see u yakataaa. I even see ur nyash join. See u tjey fear ban. Talk ur mind. Dem No go ban u. No worry. U get condom protection Alfa
Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:30am On Jun 24, 2013
neneslim:
i see u yakataaa. I even see ur nyash join. See u tjey fear ban. Talk ur mind. Dem No go ban u. No worry. U get condom protection Alfa

Me fear ban? I guess you don't know about Alfa.
Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by 50calibre(m): 10:51am On Jun 24, 2013
My accessment of nairaland

PROBLEM - Attack on freedom of speech ( gained pace recently)

FIX - allow people to freely express their opinions no matter how hurtful/offensive they may be. Whatever you see here is a true representation of the deep divisions that exist amongst Nigerians, so don't expect everyone to sugar-coat their words.

PROBLEM - Reckless banning

FIX - Stop banning people for trivial or inconsequential reasons, it is counterproductive to the growth of this forum and you are chasing the best minds away.

PROBLEM - Double standards for Christians and Muslims, as well as attack on islamophobia.

FIX - There seems to be a double standard when it comes to the level of tolerance between Islam and Christianity. Before you post a comment on a topic regarding Islam, you see a warning but when it comes to Christianity, no warning.

There seems to be an Islamic agenda going on here, and anyone who dares challenge it gets punished, yet I see native doctors like Pagan 9ja, Okija juju and some Islamic radicals going about from thread to thread, making vile and offensive comments regarding Jesus Christ and Christianity without being punished.

If there is to be a fair treatment, allow people to say whatever they like about Islam, their islamophobia is justified.

PROBLEM - Topics of little or no value gets to the front page (e.g pic of Genevieve dancing) while real news don't ( e.g I'm yet to see a topic regarding Edward snowdon on the front page, despite it being a very big news in the media)

FIX - Give priority to things of importance/educational value.

4 Likes

Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by Expensive72(m): 10:53am On Jun 24, 2013
Nairaland has gone to the dogs, thanks to ACN rabid dogs....

2 Likes

Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by Chubhie: 11:19am On Jun 24, 2013
It should have been a solid platform for the masses to make strong political statements but it has already been hijacked by the very enemies of the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by neneslim(m): 11:41am On Jun 24, 2013
Moderators shey una the read abi...... Some re not happy at all. Okija juju and co seems to enjoy some immunities while some get banned for voicing opinions. We dont get better news on front page but we see tonto dikek everywhere.
Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by stebell(m): 11:42am On Jun 24, 2013
Sicerely speaking, Nairaland of today is not de same NL I used to enjoy looging into. I've even made some of ma frnds join NL cos of de way peeps contribute to topical issues. Back then if yu wanna be informed on de happenings in Naija, NL was there to serve it hot to yu. But now wat do we hv, we hv peeps who joined NL jus to insult our president in de person of GEJ. We hv peeps who neva see any tin gud wit dis govt. They hv used dis forum to insult govs of SS/SE. They post pix of other states jus to ridicule de people and her govt. They always hv justification/reasons why their state/region is not as gud as de one they post. They blame their woes on de ruling party/president. Wen yu consider dis politics section, mods that are suppose to be neutral on political issues hv joined peeps like Eko Ile, Gbawe, Obiageli et al to insult de president. Well no matter de insult they rain on him, one tin is certain, they will never rule dis country. They continue being nothing but e-warriors. I'm coming.

1 Like

Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by 50calibre(m): 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
stebell: Sicerely speaking, Nairaland of today is not de same NL I used to enjoy looging into. I've even made some of ma frnds join NL cos of de way peeps contribute to topical issues. Back then if yu wanna be informed on de happenings in Naija, NL was there to serve it hot to yu. But now wat do we hv, we hv peeps who joined NL jus to insult our president in de person of GEJ. We hv peeps who neva see any tin gud wit dis govt. They hv used dis forum to insult govs of SS/SE. They post pix of other states jus to ridicule de people and her govt. They always hv justification/reasons why their state/region is not as gud as de one they post. They blame their woes on de ruling party/president. Wen yu consider dis politics section, mods that are suppose to be neutral on political issues hv joined peeps like Eko Ile, Gbawe, Obiageli et al to insult de president. Well no matter de insult they rain on him, one tin is certain, they will never rule dis country. They continue being nothing but e-warriors. I'm coming.

I find it strange you have a problem with people who criticise the government. Why if I may ask, what's your deal?

It's a known fact that in any democratic society, it's allowed to critique the government, that's your democratic right. Even the government of highly advanced countries with high living standards gets criticised by their people talk much of Nigeria where the vast majority of Nigerians feel abandoned and helpless.

What's up? Are you a local govt chairman or part of the people plundering Nigeria's wealth?

2 Likes

Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by stebell(m): 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
My broda i'm not a chairman o. Jus dat wen yu criticize, also appluad de govt wen dey try. Theirs is always dat de govt is not doing anytin at all. The govt met dis problems and is tackling it. Tins cant jus change overnite. It takes tym
Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by antartica(m): 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sometimes it feels like the gathering of toddlers that needs protections from harsh words and bitter truths.The moderators are primitively over sensitive.

They are sometimes too unexposed to know what really thrive in the adult world.It feels like a taliban gathering sometimes.
Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by stebell(m): 6:08pm On Jun 24, 2013
My broda I'm not a chairman O°˚˚˚ jus dat wen yu criticize, also appluad de govt wen D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ try. Their is always dat de govt in not doing any tin at all. The govt met dis problems and is tackling it. Tins can't be right overnite. It takes tym.
Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by mikolo80: 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
GUY PPL DE TACKLE TINUBU BUT PRAISE FASHOLA.AKUNYILI WAS PRAISED AS NAFDAC HEAD BUT VILIFIED AS INFO MINISTER.YOU NEED TO GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT.IF YOU TRY NIGERIANS WILL PRAISE YOU.IF YOU Bleep UP IT WILL BE TREATED.BTW WE DID NOT VOTE FOR PPL TO TRY WE VOTED FOR THEM TO FIX WHAT THEY PROMISED TO FIX.GROW UP,QUICK COS BUHARI NEEDS UR VOTE IN 2015
Re: Your Assesment Of Nairaland by Garrithe1st: 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
By killing the monthly debate in the Politics section, NL admin have endorsed the decline in the intellectualism of discussions on this board.

cool

Our Yansh: Why the Monthly Debates MUST be revived!! by Comrade Our Yansh

The monthly debates was introduced to this section with the aim of achieving some noble objectives. Sadly, the attainment of these noble objectives have not become a reality as some events (some of which have been highly unpalatable) have made this noble idea become lika a mist soon to disappear in the heat of the sun.

It would be a waste of time highlighting the obvious benefits of this debate, but the fact is‎​ it's meant to be a win-win for everyone:

- forumites

- the admin

- the general public

- the government of the day.

The aim of this thread is‎​ for RELEVANT STAKEHOLDERS to cross-pollinate ideas on how this noble concept an be rescued from the claws of inherent "death".

Below are some posts from October last year when the debates were about to commence. The posts capture the underlying potential the debate inherently has.

www.nairaland.com/1068413/nl-monthly-political-debate

https://www.nairaland.com/1234201/why-politics-section-monthly-debate

(1) (Reply)

Power Must Return To The North In 2015 / The Men Who Will Save Or Destroy Nigeria In 2015 / Without G-7 Govs, PDP Will Lose In 2015 – Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.