Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement (6867 Views)

FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers / PHCN Workers Move To Disrupt Electricity Supply / Workers, Governnnor Wamakko On Warpath Over Flogging Of PHCN Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by awodman: 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
No fewer than 43,400 workers of Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) are eligible for severance benefit, the Ministry of Power has said.

The Special Assistant on Media and Communication to the Minister of Power, Kande Daniel disclosed this on Sunday.

She said, “The committee, headed by the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Power, Amb. Godknows Igali, has cleared over 43,400 workers for the payment of the benefits.”

She said that this figure constituted nearly 93 per cent of total workforce of PHCN.

Ms Daniel said that the committee was still working on the records of the remaining workers to clarify various issues.

The special assistant said that the committee commended the workers for their patience and cooperation.

“The Implementation Committee for the Settlement of Entitlements of Workers of PHCN has commended the high level of cooperation of the workers.

“Their records have passed biometrics test and have been issued benefit statements showing their expected terminal benefits.

“They are to make necessary correction and return the statements to the committee within one week,’’ Ms Daniel said.

She said that the committee members embarked on sensitisation tour in the different geographical zones to enable the workers understand the process of computation.

The special assistant said that the sensitisation tour had been very useful and had produced feed backs.

The members of the committee comprise representatives of unions in the electricity industry and those of the Federal Government.

On the government team are representatives of the Minister of Labour, the Accountant-General and Auditor-General of the Federation, while Mr Igali is the Chairman of the committee.

The Minister of Power, Chinedu Nebo, had earlier said that payment of severance benefits to the workers would begin on June 17 after the completion of the verification processes.

Source:www.channelstv.com/home/2013/06/24/43400-phcn-workers-cleared-for-payment-of-severance-entitlement/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by tomakint: 2:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
This is good news worthy of commendation kiss
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by Afrocatalyst: 11:51am On Jun 25, 2013
93% of them have been cleared? Are you sure? If true,then well done to Nebo.

Little by little,one good news after anoda,the broken bridge wil be mended. We shal come to trust our govt again,and when there's trust, compliance,development and patriotism follows. Kudos Naija... Slow and steady.

3 Likes

Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by Born2beRich1(m): 11:51am On Jun 25, 2013
Wow. shocked..Alomost 50,000 workers and yet PHCN was not functioning properly...Omashe o..

Thank God they have finnally settled them.
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by 1bunne4lif(m): 11:52am On Jun 25, 2013
K
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 25, 2013
Afrocatalyst: .
Born 2be Rich: .
1bunne4lif: K

tongue

@topic. , pay them first before we can commend you !

1 Like

Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by jitolala(m): 11:56am On Jun 25, 2013
Nice move smiley
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by ichommy(m): 11:56am On Jun 25, 2013
tomakint: This is good news worthy of commendation kiss
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by tijehi(f): 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
ah, Thank God oh. Dem go soon carry their bad head of darkness dey go.
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by sayso: 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ms Daniel pls keep this a discreet payment schedule for all affected PHCN workers because of some levels in the country.Thank you very much.
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by mycito90: 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
Afrocatalyst: 93% of them have been cleared? Are you sure? If true,then well done to Nebo.

Little by little,one good news after anoda,the broken bridge wil be mended. We shal come to trust our govt again,and when there's trust, compliance,development and patriotism follows. Kudos Naija... Slow and steady.
abeg its true av collet mine today
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by SwitnessA(m): 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
Does d numbers nd percentage constitutes dat of d ghost workers. Abeg Julie gv me a plate of rice n plantain jor. undecided

1 Like

Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by Lilimax(f): 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
Let them go...sick and tired of them angry angry.
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by roselynbas(f): 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nigeria, the country where some people are paid for not doing their job. smiley
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by kambah(m): 12:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
PHCN staff will soon turn to beggars, coz whatever u sow shall be reap.
Their life will be as that of NITEL workers except those that work according to ethics.
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by tevinsolt: 12:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
i hope it's true, cuz my father was recently transferred to Ibadan, i want him to leave Nigeria already.
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by MEILYN(m): 12:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
nice move....let dem go
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by kaysy(m): 12:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
At least nothing is gonna stop the private sector again... God we thank you Ooooo...
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by fsb(m): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
Over 43,000 people who were promptly paid for years and yet Nigerians can't boast of constant electricity. Same thing with NITEL....Anyway, lesson well learned. The difference between the British NHS and NEPA or NITEL or any other government service is that in the latter, the concept of meritocracy doesn't exist.
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
They should pay these people and hand over to investors. It is taking too long already.
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
cool
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
Bunch of marafakas... Let dem all go to blazes, and may all severance paid to them be used in buying fuel for their generator and servicin it too.lifeless piece of low life-worthless-backward-no good-retarddded-shameless assss wipes....mtchewwwwwwww

2 Likes

Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by IgweAni: 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
lrguru: Bunch of marafakas... Let dem all go to blazes, and may all severance paid to them be used in buying fuel for their generator and servicin it too.lifeless piece of low life-worthless-backward-no good-retarddded-shameless assss wipes....mtchewwwwwwww

Chineke!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by deor03(m): 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
43,000 people working to generate less that 3000 MW of electicity ?

Imagine how much of their budget goes to official cars , house rent, etc of these people?

When GEJ is done with NEPA, he should move into NNPC, I am sure those ones will be more than 100,000
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by Phillfree(m): 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
lrguru: Bunch of marafakas... Let dem all go to blazes, and may all severance paid to them be used in buying fuel for their generator and servicin it too.lifeless piece of low life-worthless-backward-no good-retarded-shameless ass wipes....mtchewwwwwwww
Illiteracy na very bad thing, PHCN is a distribution company put the blame on the TCN

1 Like

Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by salt1: 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
lrguru: Bunch of marafakas... Let dem all go to blazes, and may all severance paid to them be used in buying fuel for their generator and servicin it too.lifeless piece of low life-worthless-backward-no good-retarddded-shameless assss wipes....mtchewwwwwwww
Easy now! Some of us have family members and friends working with PHCN.
Some of the policies that led to the system not working weren't made by them
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
So how much longer do i have to wait for the investors to take over? I applied for a prepaid meter, this's the 8th month and have not seen one. I went to complain about their irrational assumption that i consume 420kw per month and they said there's nothing i can do about it and that it's the same for all households whose consumptions are not metered. I showed the paper evidence of meter application and was told no more supply of meter until the investors take over. So in the meantime, i'll continue to pay a fixed rate. This guys are trying to rip us up before they leave.
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by Digriz(m): 1:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
@enigma Why nt continue using d analog meter till d digital one is ready,at least u wldnt be estimated.
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by ggood: 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
let all of them go jor , in my area we hardly see light, we usually see 30mins per day supply can u imagine that : and they will bring outrageous bill 4 us pay . .

i pity one man he quit teaching job for nepa .he was a vice principal in one of these government school
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by sanandreas(m): 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
43000 thrown into labour market. This is what corruption and ineptitude of the previous goverment has done. well life goes on
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by ocelot2006(m): 1:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
lrguru: Bunch of marafakas... Let dem all go to blazes, and may all severance paid to them be used in buying fuel for their generator and servicin it too.lifeless piece of low life-worthless-backward-no good-.retarddded-shameless assss wipes....mtchewwwwwwww

Kai!! grin
Re: 43,400 PHCN Workers Cleared For Payment Of Severance Entitlement by FlyboyZee: 1:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
I hope they start with those morafuking-lowlife-good-for-nothing PHCN Staff in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. They are just a bunch of annoying daylight thieves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

N46m Trade Fee: Nigeria Suspends Row With Ghana / How Alamieyeseigha Dressed To Evade Arrest In UK In 2005. / Use Eid-El-Kabir To Strengthen Bonds Of Nationhood, Ibori Tells Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.