Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Fasting And Prayer Is Very Helpful - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fasting And Prayer Is Very Helpful (539 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Reason Why Our Prayer Is Not Being Answer And The Solution!!! Pleased Read / RCCG Annual Fasting And Prayer February 2013 ( Prayer Guide) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fasting And Prayer Is Very Helpful by sidespin: 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
FASTING AND PRAYER IS VERY HELPFUL

A certain church where I held a meeting was a very difficult place to preach. The people were good people. They loved the Lord. They loved my preaching. But it was tough to preach there. The very atmosphere was hard. Everything I said seemed to bounce off the wall back into my face.

Some months later I returned to the area to preach a revival at another church. I also went back to this first church and spent some time with the pastor and his family. I spoke at a New Year's Eve watch night service for them. The next day, the pastor's wife asked, "Brother Hagin, can you see any difference in our church?" I said, "What do you mean?" She said, "Is it any easier to preach here? What about the pulpit now?" I said, "There's as much difference as between daylight and dark. It doesn't seem like the same pulpit. It doesn't seem like the same church."

She said, "Get my husband to tell you about it." The pastor said, "I don't usually tell people about it because they might think I am crazy." The spiritual world ought to be as real to us as water is to a fish. Yet, many in the church think a person is a fanatic if he touches that world. "I won't tell everybody," the pastor said, "but I will tell you. I got so concerned. This was the hardest church I ever preached in. The pulpit seemed to hold me in bondage. I knew the people loved me. They supported me well. We had good fellowship with them in their homes. But that pulpit was like a prison. "I began to fast and pray about it. The seventh day of my fast, I was kneeling on the platform about three feet behind the pulpit when I happened to look directly overhead. The ceiling disappeared."

(Discerning of spirits had come into manifestation. God allowed this pastor to see into the spirit realm. He saw, sitting up in the rafters directly above the pulpit, a huge spirit. It looked like a big baboon. It was as large as a man.) The pastor said, "I found myself saying to him, 'You're going to have to come down.' The spirit said nothing, but seemed to draw up as if he didn't want to obey. I said, 'You come down in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.' "He fell down onto the pulpit, then jumped to the floor.

I said to him, 'You get out of here!' He said nothing, but looked at me as if to say, 'I don't want to.' I said, 'Just march right out of here, in the Name of Jesus.' He marched down off the platform. I marched right behind him. He would go four or five steps, then stop and look at me, almost begging. I would say, 'No, go on.' But he wouldn't move until I said, 'In the Name of Jesus.' "We went down the aisle that way, stopping every four or five steps. I went ahead of him and held the vestibule doors open. (The spirit could have gone through the doors, of course, but this is what the pastor did.) That thing would not go through until I said, 'In the Name of Jesus.'

"Then I opened the front door. I stepped back and said, 'Move on out.' He stood there. He never said a word, but I could tell by the expression on his face, he was begging to stay. I said, 'In the Name of Jesus,' and he moved. "He went down the church steps and got halfway out into the yard. Then he stopped, turned around, and looked at me again. I said, 'No, you don't. You go on in the Name of Jesus.' "He went as far as the curb. I said, 'You'll have to go on. And don't ever come on these premises again.' He stood there until I said, 'In the Name of Jesus.' Then he ran across the street and down the other side about a quarter of a mile. I watched him run into a nightclub. The next night it burned down. "Ever since, it has been easy to preach here. The people have noticed. They have asked, 'What happened?' But I didn't tell them." (Kenneth Hagin)
Re: Fasting And Prayer Is Very Helpful by God2man(m): 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2013
We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities,powers, spiritual wickedness in High places.
An evidence of what we do not see always control what we see until we enforce a change by praying in The Name of Jesus.

God2man.

Mr.op God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Our Generation / What If Heaven And Hell Is Real? / Those Who Use Church’s Resources To Buy Private Jets Have..– Archbishop Ekpu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.