Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,783 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:59 PM

Why Fashola Is The Best Option For Nigeria Come 2015. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Fashola Is The Best Option For Nigeria Come 2015. (2701 Views)

Why Fashola Refused To Attend Tinubu's Birthday Celebration? / See Where The Beggars In Nigeria Come From / Suggest A Presidential Candidate For Nigeria Come 2015. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Fashola Is The Best Option For Nigeria Come 2015. by Realdeals(m): 10:14am On Jun 26, 2013
Visiting Akwa Ibom should not start and end in either UYO or IKOT EKPENE dis are not the only city in Akwa ibom it like getting to VI, LEKKI, IKEJA, SURULERE in lagos then drawing conclusion abt lag.

See Lagos is a cosmopolitan state where development in term of human movement is even. Vehicular movement is very high in all areas, visit d island, mile 2, ikorodu, oshodi, abule egba, agbara there is virtually no day u won't experience traffic on dis roads. how many of such areas do we have in akwa ibom. How many people commute daily btw akwa ibom and its neighbouring state. I live in d boundary btw lagos and ogun I know d level of work BRF has done in d area.
Re: Why Fashola Is The Best Option For Nigeria Come 2015. by mandarin: 10:51am On Jun 26, 2013
duality: @ op please tell me what Fashola has done to eradicate poverty in Lagos. Start the campaign from this point. If I'm not convinced with your answer, I will not vote for Fashola if he runs for presidency.

I am not a politician but to say the least is that Fashola has done well for Lagos. Whenever developments are coming in some people will have to sacrifice and that is applicable in any country or society.Which governor has that ideology or mentality of a performer? just who? if Nigeria were a normal country he will be in line to succeed GEJ.
Laying the cloaks of tribalism and politicking aside Fashola would be a bomb to emerge as President.
Re: Why Fashola Is The Best Option For Nigeria Come 2015. by ba7man(m): 11:12am On Jun 26, 2013
Pls, stop comparing Fashola to Akpabio. Its like giving a contractor N60million to maintain a 30 room mansion and another contractor the same amount to maintain a 3 bedroom bungalow. Apart from those beautiful roads that lead to nowhere and service nothing (From all the pics posted, its Tricycles, bicycles and people walking that are largely using it), nothing is happening in Akwa-Ibom, where is the Central Business district in Uyo?? Why is it only pictures of beautiful roads flanked by irrelevant rural looking buildings that are always provided?? Akpabio is working but there's more to development than just roads.
Re: Why Fashola Is The Best Option For Nigeria Come 2015. by mandarin: 11:21am On Jun 26, 2013
masu: I hav been to lagos and akwaibom and hav draw my conclusion,

Anybody can draw a better conclusion when he visit the two state not by media hype.
Sorry to my SW friends bcus too many depends on the info they get tru media of which tinubu hav influenced.

Im not a tribalist bcus mr.suswan my state gov is not even in line.

Masu i like your comments but there are important things you did not put into consideration(1)Political ideology : this puts Fashola on top because he is more a technocrat, a dreamer and performer. Akpabio believes 16 votes is higher than 19 votes, he can't be trusted not to be mean! and believe me brother its more than meet the eyes(2)Problem solving skills: You did not analyse those problems facing the two states for instance Lagos has over 13million residents maybe up to 18 or 20 million which will be up to four or five times the population of Akwa Ibom and when you compare that to the IGR or allocation from FG Fashola has bigger problems confronting him than Akpabio and the manner he had solved many of them was innovative enough(3)Social challenges: Lagos with its media and elicit society poses a whole lot of challenge to any mind to control and Akwa Ibom cannot compare in any way.For Fashola to control Lagos ands earn the respect of this society is a plus that he can perform in Abuja(4) Determination to succeed: Lagos was an indisciplined city of which Tinubu could not totally eradicate but Fashola did eradicate it to a reasonable extent(5)Personal Discipline: BRF is not a jamboree governor unlike Akpabio. He once said in the media that he did not have the conscience of expending public funds on his birthday but Akpabio is an absolute opposite.
I can go on and on. It will be difficult for those who were not aware of the mess the FG left in Lagos and the position of the state now to assess Fashola. He may or may not be in government in 2015 but in the history of Nigeria only a very few can be picked before him for his dreams, his penchant for development and broad vision, he is surely up there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Fashola Is The Best Option For Nigeria Come 2015. by mandarin: 11:34am On Jun 26, 2013
masu:

Thanks for your question above:
Too many people know fashola even in my village in benue, without knowing realy who the man is nor figure out the truth about fashola media hype propaganda.

Take for instsnce the 700 road contract fashola claim to do 2013 without naming any as we to ascertain if or not he did it at the end of the day. How do you trust a man that is not specific.

Talk about making lagos a tourist centre in Africa, seriously i will like to see that happen but b4 then dont forget that as we speak now Akwaibom is the number one tourist centre in the country.

So manythings fashola is planning to do is still on the pipeline while akpabio has accomplished most of them,
And when you compare the quality of roads built by fashola with that of akpabio you will weep for lagosians and that is why JB park and go to uyo.

Talking about airport and seaports pls kindly visit akwaibom and stop doing arguement base on Acn media hype, mm2 is motor par to compear wat akpabio erected in uyo even the road that leads to uyo airport looks like paradise.

A trip to akwaibom will change your perspective to nigeria politicians.

I agree that Akpabio has done some things for his people but to just assist, most Lagos programs are intended to capture billions of dollars investments like the Lekki free trade zone, Eko Atlantic are not the type of investments you can easily execute in 3 years, they are of global reckoning! Mind you its just under 3 years away before you know the impact of these jobs churning investments.
Re: Why Fashola Is The Best Option For Nigeria Come 2015. by vanunu: 11:45am On Jun 26, 2013
Nigerians are not big fools, Fashola made his biggest political blunder when he decided to deport fellow Nigerians. He will never be a Nigerian president.
Re: Why Fashola Is The Best Option For Nigeria Come 2015. by abokinside: 8:06am On Jun 27, 2013
vanunu: Nigerians are not big fools, Fashola made his biggest political blunder when he decided to deport fellow Nigerians. He will never be a Nigerian president.
sorry I thought it was gov Theodore Orji that sack and deported his fellow igbo kinsmen. In ancase my question still remains, IF NOT FASHOLA PLEASE IN GOD'S NAME PLEASE MENTION WHO? U guys have mentioned Akpabio but it has become completely clear that Fashola is light years ahead. Its like someone telling me Alao Akala is better than Donald duke, why will I agree to that just because I am yoruba, only a bigoted mind will see the obvious truth but for tribal allegiance continue to argue. I am not a tribalist but I desperately wish for a leader with a sound mind in the likes of Fashola, Donald Duke, Pat utomi etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Omisore Has Been Declared.... / Who Will Swear In Nyesom Wike As Governor Come May 29 / Biography Of Sir Onowu Emeka Anyasodike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.