Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. (4966 Views)

Fayose's Wife Distributes Delivery Kits & Milk To Expectant Mothers In Ekiti / T.A Orji's Wife Picks Pdp Nomination Form / Pictures Of Gov. Orji's Visit To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by obinalihe: 9:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
By Ben Tellevision

The wife of the Abia state governor The wife of Abia State Governor, Lady Mercy Odochi Orji has called on philanthropists, wealthy individuals and corporate organizations to assist and support the Hannah May foundation in her laudable mission as she urged 850 beneficiaries of her distributed empowerment items to judiciously make use of the equipment or items to reduce poverty create employment and make wealth.

Pictures of the empowerment items distributed to various classes of people to Abia. 227 sewing machines, 198 generating sets,158 barbing kits, 94 hair dryers, 40 grinding machines, 32 desktop computer sets, 20 weaving machines and three vulcanizing machines, to 50 indigent women, widows, unemployed youths, and vulnerable groups from each of the 17 local governments at Umuahia Township stadium,

4 Likes

Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by oluwadare26(m): 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
Do we have Leaders in Nigeria or Lider? How can she claim shes eradicating poverty by empowering each person with an item not worth more than #15,000?,Imagine a Barbing Kits, Gen sets etc... Only God knows how much she does shopping, holidays and so on...

1 Like

Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by buklan4realyah(f): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
Good job..

buh, d mama don old ooo
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by 25omega(m): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
impressive. hope people would use it instead of just collecting it and storing it.

By the way how do they determine who should get what?
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
na wa
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by ulonnaya21: 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
25omega: impressive. hope people would use it instead of just collecting it and storing it.

The beneficiaries were trained in their various fields of interest before the items where given out. They have been on training for the past six months.

1 Like

Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by yuzedo: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
227 sewing machines, 198 generating sets,158 barbing kits, 94 hair dryers, 40 grinding machines, 32 desktop computer sets, 20 weaving machines and three vulcanizing machines,
"EMPOWERMENT" grin

3 Likes

Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by obinalihe: 3:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
This is a good initiative and i wish things like these will be carried out continually to empower most youths who can't afford luxurious education and others who have had various trainings but could not afford the money to buy the necessary tools to start on their own.In this way many youths will be empowered to start a life of their own given to the difficult times and other constraints we are facing in Nigeria these days...Kudos!

Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by ocular007(m): 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2013
i think the wife of the governor has done some good job in that regard..she has been showing the spirit of motherhood..keep it up
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by kokoye(m): 3:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nice move. Even if it is a political move, it is still worthy of admiration.

The woman could have decided to chop d money and nothing would have happened.

So..kudos to her and whoever thought this up.
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
Which light they wan use operate the "EMPOWERMENT"...? NEPA go soon "DE-EMPOWER" them.
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by EPOMA(m): 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
All this na rubbish, china lunching satellite, countries doing big thing and we are here sharing sewing machines and call that empowerment. what a dark and unexpose nation or politicians to be precised. At the sharing of the stuff sef, Mopol is there with gun as if he is in war front. what a useless group of people

3 Likes

Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by Abali1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
Fragile Handle with care.
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by patrikobi: 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
obinalihe: This is a good initiative and i wish things like these will be carried out continually to empower most youths who can't afford luxurious education and others who have had various trainings but could not afford the money to buy the necessary tools to start on their own.In this way many youths will be empowered to start a life of their own given to the difficult times and other constraints we are facing in Nigeria these days...Kudos!
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by Abali1(m): 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
EPOMA: All this na rubbish, china lunching satellite, countries doing big thing and we are here sharing sewing machines and call that empowerment. what a dark and unexpose nation or politicians to be precised. At the sharing of the stuff sef, Mopol is there with gun as if he is in war front. what a useless group of people
Like i wrote earlier, 'Handle with Care'.
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by obi123: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
well at least the beneficiaries can start something small and grow from there
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by patrikobi: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
One thing people forget is that all these cost a lot of money,what are we even saying,a lot of the beneficiaries can't afford some of those items if you leave it to them...I must say that the wife of the governor has lifted some people among the participants and am sure they were smiling home with heads held so high.This is a high spirited way of assisting many youths...keep it up madam excellency ....

2 Likes

Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
Lmaooooooooooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by shineureyes(m): 3:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nigeria - A country of mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by patrikobi: 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
@ Obi123,thank you for your statement ,the beneficiaries can make something out of these,if they are wise enough,many have had nothing doing but she may have turned some people's life around by this her initiative...so let us stop casting aspersion on her way of empowering youths....after all I did not see orji Uzor kalu and the other doing something like this during their own times....
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by Lilimax(f): 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
kokoye: Nice move. Even if it is a political move, it is still worthy of admiration.

The woman could have decided to chop d money and nothing would have happened.

So..kudos to her and whoever thought this up.
Worthy of admiration my foot angry.
Is this how to empower people .
The earlier you come out of this political servitude and wake up the better... sad
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
Make I laugh smallll lmaoooooooooooooo grin

Make I empower myself with $50 hair dryer grin cheesy grin
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by ulonnaya21: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
The beneficiaries of these items are very happy as the wife of the governor has given them a life line by training and providing tools to work with. These will make them self-employed, in which case they will be employers of labour and add in reducing unemployment in the state. Great Initiative for Abians
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by patrikobi: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
obi123: well at least the beneficiaries can start something small and grow from there
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by patrikobi: 3:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
25omega: impressive. hope people would use it instead of just collecting it and storing it.

Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
First Bullet: She has done something. But it's still small, compared to the finance she & her fellow Govs wives get.
Last Bullet:
oluwadare26: Do we have Leaders in Nigeria or Lider? How can she claim shes eradicating poverty by empowering each person with an item not worth more than #15,000?,Imagine a Barbing Kits, Gen sets etc... Only God knows how much she does shopping, holidays and so on...
I wonder o. At all, at all na bad sha!
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by stclemson: 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
people should not look down on this program ,its worth appreciating, am sure lots of those beneficiaries have words of thanks to the governors wife for such a generous exhibition.....it will help those who see it as a way to lead a progressive life,only those who are careless will not make or grab the opportunity....
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by emyibe(m): 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
SHAMEFUL. IS THIS ALL SHE CAN DO WITH OUR FUNDS THAT THEY MOVE EACH DAY? LET HIM GIVE BARBING KITS TO THE SON.
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by MMM2(m): 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
angryAnd I heard dere is no single good road in aba angry
Re: Gov Orji's Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. by ecochuks247: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
Pls i think the wife of the Governor of Abia State is playing Polities 4 her husband who want to come out as senator and son who want to come out as member house of rep.Madam I will only advice you to let them knw dat the have lost even b4 campaigning. 4 the past 6years wat has he done 4 Abian's.We abian's say enough is enough

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

History Sunday 101: My Questions On Ojukwu / Shites Sacrifice In Devils Name To Kill Buhari (pics) / Republic Of Southern Nigeria Will Be Great

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.