Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,409 members, 7,861,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:55 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (264695 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by MrEverest(m): 10:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
@Spyder, I am very impressed with your dedication and commitment to this job. You are indeed doing a great job and it clearly shows you are well experienced in what you do, your confidence is quite inspiring and the speed already shows that you are indeed working towards your time frame.
I asked you to give me an estimate as to what it would cost me in total to build a two storey(30 room, self contained student hostel) on a plot of land. Please, I need this information so I would know if I am ready or would have to raise more money to be able to do so.

Awaiting your reply![b][/b]
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2013
Mr Everest: @Spyder, I am very impressed with your dedication and commitment to this job. You are indeed doing a great job and it clearly shows you are well experienced in what you do, your confidence is quite inspiring and the speed already shows that you are indeed working towards your time frame.
I asked you to give me an estimate as to what it would cost me in total to build a two storey(30 room, self contained student hostel) on a plot of land. Please, I need this information so I would know if I am ready or would have to raise more money to be able to do so.

Awaiting your reply![b][/b]

Do you have a building plan drawn already please?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:15pm On Jul 20, 2013
NO! we are not trying to build a canoe here grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
We are only making the form works for the dining/lining room arc.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2013
unto the next stage........ bamboo arrives for the decking slab

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:20pm On Jul 20, 2013
trailer load of planks....

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2013
sure we are getting ready

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2013
we are starting soon, but meanwhile I am in Enugu now........

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
To see my family after about 3 weeks, I missed them like a junkie misses his fix cheesy grin
I will return to PH on Monday. Have a fantastic weekend everybody.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
Od31: Hi Spyder, Well done! very good work! and wonderful pace. With this speed, I pray I meet you by the time I return back to country. Wishing you God's favour in PHC and thanks for all the wonderful insights

I also pray to be around then, hope some business will keep me around the city of PH.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Osama10(m): 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2013
Can we have an idea of how much you've spent so far?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:32pm On Jul 20, 2013
VIPICO: Spyd, I hope you are enjoying your stay in PH because, quote me on this, you may stay longer than you thought. Mark my words.

I will also love to stay longer for good business cheesy
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 11:36pm On Jul 20, 2013
Osama10: Can we have an idea of how much you've spent so far?

OK, the second stage, which includes the walling, lintels and pillars plus all external pillar works, plumbing, scaffolds, material and labour costs comes up to a total amount of N1,420,000.00
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Osama10(m): 12:36am On Jul 21, 2013
spyder880:

OK, the second stage, which includes the walling, lintels and pillars plus all external pillar works, plumbing, scaffolds, material and labour costs comes up to a total amount of N1,420,000.00

cool cool cool
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Emperoh(m): 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
Spyder Nwanne m

Olu gi na aga nno ofuma! Disie ike!

But i am surprised no sort of SOns of the Soil or the ever called Obio Akpor boys have shown up here to demand for their "rights". How is this so?

Abi d plot dey on ghost mode?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
Emperoh: Spyder Nwanne m

Olu gi na aga nno ofuma! Disie ike!

But i am surprised no sort of SOns of the Soil or the ever called Obio Akpor boys have shown up here to demand for their "rights". How is this so?

Abi d plot dey on ghost mode?

My brother, all those payments/clearances and approvals were done before I came into PH.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Biafradiplomat: 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2013
spyder880:

Do you have a building plan drawn already please?
No, I just want to know if I am financially ready to undertake the project.
You will probably be the one to handle it, if everything works out fine. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
Biafra diplomat: No, I just want to know if I am financially ready to undertake the project.
You will probably be the one to handle it, if everything works out fine. Thanks.

OK, I have a 36 room hostel coming up at Owerri in the coming months, I think the budget is N22m if my memory serves me right. I will check again later this night for the actual budget of the project.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gabbytabby: 7:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
Mr Spyder what mix do you use for plastering and do you use different measures for inside and outside. How many headpan is in the wheelbarrow.

With concrete mix some say 1:2:4 and others use 1:3:6 which part would you use either for. I.e is 1:2:4 for below dpc and the other for above?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2013
gabbytabby: Mr Spyder what mix do you use for plastering and do you use different measures for inside and outside. How many headpan is in the wheelbarrow.

With concrete mix some say 1:2:4 and others use 1:3:6 which part would you use either for. I.e is 1:2:4 for below dpc and the other for above?

Every land and site is different, so I will go with the structural engineer's recommended mix ratio.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
Today's work is different, it involved looking over the beautiful city of Enugu from a very high wheel, accompanied by the most immediate members of my constituency, my family. cool

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
There was no concrete mixing, and no carpenters hammering wood or iron workers bending rods,

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Osama10(m): 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
^^^^^

Is that Enugu Eye?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
Osama10: ^^^^^

Is that Enugu Eye?

Enugu for sure bros,
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
The Ferris wheel at Polo park mall, Enugu.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by twinskenny(m): 10:25pm On Jul 21, 2013
wow good speed bro.. weldone
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Chizzy123(f): 11:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
Thanks Sir, i will be waiting patiently. I can see you are having fun with your family. My regards to madam for managing the homefront when you are away.
spyder880:

I will like to do this, but time has not allowed me complete the whole list. I will try again later this weekend.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gabbytabby: 10:13am On Jul 22, 2013
spyder880:

Every land and site is different, so I will go with the structural engineer's recommended mix ratio.

Mr Spyder my no 1 builder on NL you don dissappoint me oh.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Biafradiplomat: 12:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
spyder880:

OK, I have a 36 room hostel coming up at Owerri in the coming months, I think the budget is N22m if my memory serves me right. I will check again later this night for the actual budget of the project.
Wow, that's indeed beyond my expectation, thanks all the same, I'll be waiting for the specific estimate.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by MiloRambaldi(m): 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
spyder880:

Also would like to know the specifics of this. If you can, please send me a message.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
Keep up the great work
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
Fhemmmy: Keep up the great work

Thank you Sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.