Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) (27800 Views)

Chimamanda's Novel "Americanah" Is Getting A Hollywood Adaptation! / Stephannie Okereke Plays Slave In Hollywood Movie! / 50 Cent Loses Weight In His Upcoming Movie Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by nenergy(m): 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2013
So i was watching a Hollywood movie titled ‘BAD A S S’ and the movie was indeed BAD A S S. But the most BAD A S S thing about the movie is that the Nigerian coat of arm was used twice in the movie. What appeared to look like the Nigerian coat of arm was first shown at a scene where the main actor was filling out a police recruitment form. The second was when he received a letter about his application. Nairalanders, make una follow look am o. Is that the Nigerian coat of arm and is that legal?

Bad A s s (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_Ass_(film)

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by nenergy(m): 12:15am On Jun 25, 2013
The movie poster.

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by nbright: 12:22am On Jun 25, 2013
That's the Nigerian Coat of Arm alright..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 25, 2013
This guys deserve to be sued
Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by Nobody: 2:46am On Jun 25, 2013
rafhell: This guys deserve to be sued
Sued?
The worst that can be done is ban the movie in Nigeria due to copyright shii.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by tpia5: 4:04am On Jun 25, 2013
nigeria, the country people love to hate. undecided lipsrsealed

i wonder if this is scamming related.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 25, 2013
tpia@:
nigeria, the country people love to hate. undecided lipsrsealed

i wonder if this is scamming related.
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by VillageBoi(m): 7:51am On Jun 25, 2013
Someone 'probably' put an 'Easter Egg' in their movie and una problem is what exactly? Shout, shout, scream, scream... pls find something useful to do.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by nenergy(m): 9:16am On Jun 25, 2013
VillageBoi: Someone 'probably' put an 'Easter Egg' in their movie and una problem is what exactly? Shout, shout, scream, scream... pls find something useful to do.
You must be a Togolese.lol
Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by nenergy(m): 9:17am On Jun 25, 2013
rafhell: This guys deserve to be sued
Its equal to forgery!
Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by VillageBoi(m): 10:33am On Jun 25, 2013
nenergy:
You must be a Togolese.lol

Nope! I'm just not daft.

Didn't same Nigerians rush to the cinema to give 'South Africa' money for their 'District 9' that blatantly said our 'ex' presido na dumb cannibal or was it persin wey dey use alien do suya? - wetin happen then? I beg we dey make mouth anyhow. So pls explain what exactly is wrong with this 'Easter Egg'?
Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by VillageBoi(m): 10:34am On Jun 25, 2013
nenergy:
Its equal to forgery!

Oh wow, yet you rush to the cinema to watch films that even show the White House, or CIA emblems? That one too na forgery... so what's your logic?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by nenergy(m): 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
VillageBoi:

Oh wow, yet you rush to the cinema to watch films that even show the White House, or CIA emblems? That one too na forgery... so what's your logic?
The movie was set in the USA. The main character returned from war and decided to join the police force in the US. So why should a sovereign nation's coat of arm be used on a form for a movie set in the US?
I don't know what exactly to call it, so its 'forgery'.lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by VillageBoi(m): 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
nenergy:
The movie was set in the USA. The main character returned from war and decided to join the police force in the US. So why should a sovereign nation's coat of arm be used on a form for a movie set in the US?
I don't know what exactly to call it, so its 'forgery'.lol

The simple thing is 'and so what?' Or 'Who cares what they used?' They insult persin or they say any bad stuff about Naija?

You know what an 'Easter Egg' in a film is? Someone on the production could have used it to see if people will spot it. As an in-house joke or even a 'Naija' crew member, or even 'oyinbo' crew wey don visit Naija before wey come like am', deciding him go use style give Naija small kudos.
Who knows? And who really gives a sh*t?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by nenergy(m): 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
VillageBoi:
who really gives a sh*t?
No wahala! But i'd love to see the look on your face when your facebook photo is included in a missing person's catalogue by a Indian film producer.lol.

48 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by nenergy(m): 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
VillageBoi: So pls explain what exactly is wrong with this 'Easter Egg'?
Waoh! Thanks for introducing me to the easter egg stuff. Its cool sha, but of all the 'logos' in the world, na 9ja coat of arms dey see use?lol Anyways, 3 gbosaa for me for spotting this 'easter egg'. Thanks @VillageBoi

Urban Dictionary: easter egg
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=easter%20egg
Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by VillageBoi(m): 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
nenergy:
No wahala! But i'd love to see the look on your face when your facebook photo is included in a missing person's catalogue by a Indian film producer.lol.

No biggie. I get you don't know anything about films & copyrights. You cannot include a face or even voice without a release form & the copyright... most 'other types' of images are cool as long as 'slander, defamation of character +' is not involved.
Why do you think not one single Naija film that shows a TV screen with football or BBC or anything else playing does never go anywhere but illegal places?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by VillageBoi(m): 6:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
nenergy:
Waoh! Thanks for introducing me to the easter egg stuff. Its cool sha, but of all the 'logos' in the world, na 9ja coat of arms dey see use?lol Anyways, 3 gbosaa for me for spotting this 'easter egg'. Thanks @VillageBoi

No probs & kudos for spotting it. It's all good fun!
Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by tayoccu(m): 6:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
VillageBoi:
You know what an 'Easter Egg' in a film is? Someone on the production could have used it to see if people will spot it. As an in-house joke or even a 'Naija' crew member, or even 'oyinbo' crew wey don visit Naija before wey come like am', deciding him go use style give Naija small kudos.

Spot on!
We all watch movies where the bad guys are chinese or japanese, with their flags and coat of arms displayed, nobody said squat, so cos our coat of arms appeared (on the side of the law) you guys want to form "activity"?
Smh! idle minds...
Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by VillageBoi(m): 11:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
tayoccu:

Spot on!
We all watch movies where the bad guys are chinese or japanese, with their flags and coat of arms displayed, nobody said squat, so cos our coat of arms appeared (on the side of the law) you guys want to form "activity"?
Smh! idle minds...

Hahahaha, we go riot for streets nah!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by dominique(f): 10:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
tayoccu:

Spot on!
Smh! idle minds...

True, but those flags represents the real countries intended. What exactly does the sign on the top of the letter depict? If it was truely about Nigeria, no problem. If not, its forgery and grounds for lawsuit. Was Nigeria mentioned in this movie? So why use their coat of arms? I suppose the silly producers never expected a Nigerian to watch the movie. They should have used the symbol of a more obscure country like djibouti. chances that someone from there will get to see a d-grade movie called bad a$$ is slim to none.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by nenergy(m): 12:56am On Jun 27, 2013
dominique: They should have used the symbol of a more obscure country like djibouti.
BaD A S S.lol
Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by VillageBoi(m): 4:14am On Jun 27, 2013
nenergy:
BaD A S S.lol

Nah! To be polite it's more like Naughty A$$ to be honest... Could have said Dumb A$$... translation below

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by VillageBoi(m): 4:15am On Jun 27, 2013
dominique:

True, but those flags represents the real countries intended. What exactly does the sign on the top of the letter depict? If it was truely about Nigeria, no problem. If not, its forgery and grounds for lawsuit. Was Nigeria mentioned in this movie? So why use their coat of arms? I suppose the silly producers never expected a Nigerian to watch the movie. They should have used the symbol of a more obscure country like djibouti. chances that someone from there will get to see a d-grade movie called bas a$$ is slim to none.

You could have made a bit of a point there but ended up failing badly.

All you've done is say "OMG! How dare a 'big' country (supposedly) insult Naija? I need revenge... as soon as I've finished screamin blue-murder and crying my eyes out. Phew, all done... now time for revenge... *Ping* - Bright spark idea - "Let us vex and poop on an even 'smaller' coutry than us... Yes to hell with (supposedly obscure) Djibouti"

Oh well, the case of the mysteriously ridiculous & cowardly Naija pride shines through AGAIN! Well done Ms lol.

Next time be the underdog that everyone wants to win and make your movie insulting the crap out of the 'bigger producing country - US' - no be them vex you? Have no fears afterall the chances of an American seeing your f-grade movie is... don't bother... it'll NEVER happen.

But yes it most probably is a d-grade movie that no one has ever heard of grin
Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by dominique(f): 12:20am On Jun 28, 2013
Villageboi, my post was not about muscle flexing that we're bigger than some countries or something like that. If the dumb producers don't want to get into any mess, they should have used symbol of country that (1) speak no English and (2) have sparse popuation. Chances of soneone from such country viewing such a movie is about 0.001%. Luckily for them, we no too send. Some other country could take it seriously and sue them to edit it out of the movie.

I wikipediad the film btw, not one cast or crew member looked familiar. More like a z-grade movie. Even Razzies go reject them grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by VillageBoi(m): 12:54am On Jun 28, 2013
dominique: Villageboi, my post was not about muscle flexing that we're bigger than some countries or something like that.
Ok no probs, but it did come across like that.

dominique: If the dumb producers don't want to get into any mess.
Some other country could take it seriously and sue them to edit it out of the movie.
I doubt they'd get into any mess. They have not broken any laws that I know of. And if any country gets annoyed they just wont show it in that country and there is not really much that country can do.

dominique: I wikipediad the film btw, not one cast or crew member looked familiar. More like a z-grade movie. Even Razzies go reject them grin
It is a z-grade movie, I can't even see a single cinema that it showed in. I can;t even find a 'production budget' - it is the equivalent of an idumota market movie - Not even straight-to-DVD but straight to Internet-via-flash drive lol
I've downloaded it for a laugh... gonna watch it with my friends... make we take our own style yab Yankee small.

Razzies? Ah, that go be mega award for them nah! You go far. Even 'India' go reject them - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-2254349/THE-PULP-PIT-Absolutely-Useless-Film-Awards-2012.html

It goes to prove no be only 'we' dey make useless films grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by tayoccu(m): 4:08am On Jun 28, 2013
there is the possibility that its just a "student-director's" project.

bro abeg gimme the link make i download am.
Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by VillageBoi(m): 7:29am On Jun 28, 2013
tayoccu: there is the possibility that its just a "student-director's" project.

Hahahaha I don laff tire, chei we go yab this film like shege. Ingenious response lolol.

Na Vuze I dey use download stuff.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
Are you guys love sick or what? Anytime you people see something Nigerian in a foreign setting, you begin to jubilate like you've earned a medal. Stop being petty and get a life

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by cashkid18(m): 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
obama shud be sued 4 dis *smh n smokin sum weeds*
Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
If it truly is a the Nigerian Coat of arms, then I believe that they can be sued..

The coat of arms is an internationally copyright protected symbol and any misuse of it especially a gross misrepresentation like they have done in this movie is an offence..

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Coat Of Arms Used In A Hollywood Movie (pix) by Bonapart(m): 10:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
What makes u refer to d part dat it was used as "baddest part"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Your Most Memorable Scenes From A Nollywood Film? / Mr. Oreo Iyanya Makes Acting Debut In Nollywood / Images Everyone Obsessed With Super Story Growing Up Will Get

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.