Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:03 PM

Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. (8286 Views)

NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes / FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 / Fg Approves Construction Of Anambra Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by drake2005: 11:16am On Jun 25, 2013
smiley
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Tonbrazeal(m): 11:19am On Jun 25, 2013
As expected...!
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 25, 2013
their brains use miniature-micor processor of 0.002byte(bite)..hahahaha
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

The least you could do is get the spelling of propaganda right.

And where was it stated that the road contracts were just awarded. He said every year, they award contracts. This year, it's 70. last year was 160. It said nowhere in the article that he just awarded this year's contracts.

How do some of you guys process written Englissh sef?
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by goshen26: 11:24am On Jun 25, 2013
Ehn ehn, and so wat. Only in 9ja that they campaign wif these, are these not the basic amenities that is expected?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by deeptesting(m): 11:29am On Jun 25, 2013
grafikii: dude how about the road that links ejigbo to ajoa estate, how about the on at rainbow avenue, how about nnpc to daleko, look closer bro. The government is working in ejigbo

My Brother please it will be good if we are sincere and objective in our contributions so we do not only misinform but mislead others.
How many kilometers are these roads you mentioned and they are always left half done. I live in this area and can back my statements up with pictures as proof.
Ejigbo, Alimosho are entirely backward and I just wonder sometimes if they are part of Lagos State.
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:37am On Jun 25, 2013
well.. one cannot fault his intentions, it would have been far less noticable if the FG was doing its job in a purposeful manner. I know a crew of old politicians who get monthly stipends from FERMA and are not doing anything on the roads..
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by roselynbas(f): 11:48am On Jun 25, 2013
Gov Fashola, please, we have suffered in the hands of CCECC enough at Lagos Badagry express way. Going from Mile 2 to Okoko maiko is a night mare. At least if they are constructing the roads, they can grade or pour gravel to patch the spots that are bad so people can get to work and back on time. For a road one is supposed to spend 45 minutes on, it takes 4 hours ( this is no exaggeration), please, you can confirm it yourself. If it rains there is no need going out because you will eat your breakfast and lunch on the road. Please, let them patch up the road so traffic can flow easily. FMWH patched up from Okoko to Gbadagry, when they tried to do the same for the other way they were stopped by some hoodlums for whatever reason i don't know. Who is benefitting from the misery of every other person, i don't know. Please, help us. Thank you sir.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by grafikii: 11:52am On Jun 25, 2013
deeptesting:

My Brother please it will be good if we are sincere and objective in our contributions so we do not only misinform but mislead others.
How many kilometers are these roads you mentioned and they are always left half done. I live in this area and can back my statements up with pictures as proof.
Ejigbo, Alimosho are entirely backward and I just wonder sometimes if they are part of Lagos State.
Tell me which of those road in ejigbo has been abandoned, tell me one
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:53am On Jun 25, 2013
PDPvsAPC:

Prof. English teacher! I greet you. Try and also learn how to process punctuation mark in your written English too.

It! No mistake there! I was referring to the article and not Fashola. Get the context? And the spelling of English was obviously a typo. Even you should have figured that out for yourself.
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by LabourParty(m): 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
Lol cheesy ...70 new roads, each road will probably be 2km, and that's gonna be 140km.

LOL grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by mbulela: 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
I hope the whole of Festac is included in the list of roads for rehabilitation? That place is a hot mess.
I think the issue of roads are beyond building and renovation. We need to still reevaluate this drainage issue.
Go and have a look at the the Orile axis of the badagry express. that road looks like it will be under construction for the rest of this century. the parts that have been completed are water logged and the drainage are not working. The daily traffic at mile two is mostly due to a water logged part of the mile 2 bus stop. Meanwhile that part of the road had long being completed. After a few more rains, a crater will be created there and we will be back to square one.
As for the folks at Okota, they need to make a sacrifice to the gods. they have been forsaken.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by deejahrabiu: 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
ritux: Political propangander. How many km are the roads? Will they be completed before the end of his tenure?

All our politicians know is awarding road contracts when the rains are coming, knowing fully well that no much work can be done.
Even if its a 500m road its still something rome wasn't built in a day, moreover pls try going to oda states where the roads that even lead to governors house is in very poor and bad shape
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by UyiIredia(m): 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
Fashola is working and I'm in full support. They are doing road/sewage expansion and renovation in my area - around College Road.
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by EkoIle1: 1:11pm On Jun 25, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

And where was it stated that the road contracts were just awarded. He said every year, they award contracts. This year, it's 70. last year was 160. It said nowhere in the article that he just awarded this year's contracts.

How do some of you guys process written Englissh sef?

We call them village illiterates for a reason....
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by EkoIle1: 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko o ni baje of course ...
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Rossikk(m): 1:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
I keep reading that "they are doing drainage work" here and there. Excuse me, but is this open gutters we are talking about, or properly built, covered drainage?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by emiye(m): 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
ritux:

Thanks for the correction. Noted Propaganda.

But he should have named the roads for construction and rehabilitation. That way, Lagosians will be informed.

How do you expect him to list 70 roads one by one in the gathering he made that remark, there are designated sites you can monitor things like that, if you are sincerely interested.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nice one Gov; BRF just keeps getting better. Thumbs up!!!
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by meemeee: 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
i seriously hope the road from jakande gate straight to Ijegun is included in this plan, it will be best thing that happened to alimosho local govt.may God help fashola and all those working with him. smiley
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by brownlolly(m): 3:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
Rossikk: I keep reading that "they are doing drainage work" here and there. Excuse me, but is this open gutters we are talking about, or properly built, covered drainage?

well covered with concrete slabs...
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Rossikk(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
^^ Excellent! cool

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by simms4web: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
ha fasholalllllllllllllllll, well no wahala. WE LAGOSIAN, we no what to do.
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by pistol: 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
fitzmayowa:

Eko o ni baje o...aside been clueless, u r senseless, brainless, headless, hopeless, futureless, no life...mtscheew enemy of progress

I can only shake my head for you,
I won't dignify you with a response
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by EkoIle1: 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
pistol:

I can only shake my head for you,
I won't dignify you with a response

But you too dumb no be small...
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by iamsexy: 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

What do you actually gain in throwing insults at fellow nairalanders?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by XPSgarri: 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
I hope the Festac roads I saw few days back from a thread is included in the 70!
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by PDPvsAPC: 4:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

[size=14pt]If I say Eko Ile is just a big f00l, it is an understatement. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by XPSgarri: 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
PDPvsAPC:

[size=14pt]If I say Eko Ile is just a big f00l, it is an understatement. [/size]

#Picking my dictionary #Searching for a better word to qualify Eko Ile

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by anonimi: 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
Is it not very interesting to see people giving kudos and rankadeds to Fashola for announcing that he PLANS to construct 70 roads this year while Jonathan is receiving knocks for Julius Berger's CEO's announcement that they have STARTED work on the 2NB here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1336163/julius-berger-begins-work-second

Obviously the PDP image management team has its work cut out fot it to change the perception of people based on the effective (so far) work of the ACN propaganda team.
Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by EkoIle1: 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
iamsexy:

What do you actually gain in throwing insults at fellow nairalanders?

Are you a village illiterate and if you are not, then it shouldn't bother you. Was I even talking to you?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by lastpage: 1:07am On Jun 26, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

How do some of you guys process written English sef?

What do you make of the below, knowing that "half" of 450 is 225.
160 + 70 = 230

Gov. fashola:
“We set ourselves the target in the second term to complete about 450 roads. Last year, we awarded about 160 roads. This year, we have awarded about 70 roads. This signifies our intention this year that we are more concerned about road construction.

“We have already completed about half of the roads (230) we set out to achieve.

So, he has AWARDED 230 Roads
He claimed to have completed "half of the roads they set out to achieve" (230) this year!

That must include the 70 Roads he just awarded ....already completed!
Jeezus Christ!
shocked shocked

Now, it does not take a genius to see that this chap fashola is fudging and befuddling himself!

Eko o'ni bajee o! make we dey talk the Truth sha.
wink wink

Lastpage!

BTW: I give it to you that you can process "English" but whether you can process "Logic" is another thing entirely! wink

1 Like

Re: Fashola Approves Construction Of 70 Roads. by Walert(m): 2:52am On Jun 26, 2013
I hope Gov.Mimiko is listening to all these cheering news from neighbouring Lagos.He needs to buckle up in road construction especially intra-city roads in Akure metropolis.Aule,Gaga,Oke-Ogba Iyange,Danjuma etc are places without roads.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Police Finally Launched See Pics / Obiano Presents N166.9bn 2018 Budget To Anambra House Of Assembly / Palliatives Alone Can’t Solve Escalating Hunger – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.