Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,464 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF (2040 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2013
The State-House Dinner to be held on the 26th of June 2013 is a scheduled event by the Presidency as part of its mid-term milestone events. The dinner is Nigerian women focused as well as an opportunity for Nigerian women to show appreciation to Mr. President for taking steps to appoint women into 30% of strategic offices and positions in his government.

Global Fact about the Girl Child:
• Worldwide, of the more than 130 million primary school age children not enrolled in school, nearly 60% are girls.
• Dropping out of school give a girl 90 percent chance of living in poverty as an adult.
• At least one in three girls and women worldwide has been beaten or sexually abused in her lifetime.
• Two million girls and women are subjected to female genital mutilation every year.
• 75% of all new HIV infections (ages 15-24) in Southern Africa are girls.
• 36% of all global marriages are girl child marriages (under 18).
• 70, 000 maternal deaths a year are adolescent girls.
• Households headed by women and girls are the fastest growing segment of the world poor.

The foregoing and many more mind-boggling statistics, clearly indicate that the benefits of investing in girls far exceed the cost of not doing so. It is well known fact that Mr. President has initiated programmes designed to elevate women and the girl child in Nigeria through affirmative action for the empowerment of women and the girl child in our society. This is done in the spirit of fairness to all.

Therefore, this state dinner seek to highlight his efforts thus far and to keep the conversation at the fore as regards to women empowerment. It is a celebration of Nigerian women in public and private sector. International and local stakeholders are all invited for the dinner which includes (but not limited to)
• National Assembly members
• State governors and assembly members
• Members of the diplomatic corps
• International dignitaries
• Women in business
• Women in politics and other stakeholders in Nigeria

It is malicious to reduce the effort made by Mr. President to highlight the importance of women in our society to the degenerating shameless politics of NGF.

3 Likes

Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by mikeywise(m): 1:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
we don hear,

next.
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 25, 2013
Bloody lie....!
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 1:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
ilugunboy: Bloody lie....!

There is a book launch tomorrow... my sister is invited to the event so I know...So dont call me a blood liar because this was coined out of the summation of the event... If you allow ACN to keep heating up the polity, that is your business.

2 Likes

Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by sayso: 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
It is malicious to reduce the effort made by Mr. President to highlight the importance of women in our society to the degenerating shameless politics of NGF.
[/quote][/b]
akpomeme: The State-House Dinner to be held on the 26th of June 2013 is a scheduled event by the Presidency as part of its mid-term milestone events. The dinner is Nigerian women focused as well as an opportunity for Nigerian women to show appreciation to Mr. President for taking steps to appoint women into 30% of strategic offices and positions in his government.

Global Fact about the Girl Child:
• Worldwide, of the more than 130 million primary school age children not enrolled in school, nearly 60% are girls.
• Dropping out of school give a girl 90 percent chance of living in poverty as an adult.
• At least one in three girls and women worldwide has been beaten or sexually abused in her lifetime.
• Two million girls and women are subjected to female genital mutilation every year.
• 75% of all new HIV infections (ages 15-24) in Southern Africa are girls.
• 36% of all global marriages are girl child marriages (under 18).
• 70, 000 maternal deaths a year are adolescent girls.
• Households headed by women and girls are the fastest growing segment of the world poor.

The foregoing and many more mind-boggling statistics, clearly indicate that the benefits of investing in girls far exceed the cost of not doing so. It is well known fact that Mr. President has initiated programmes designed to elevate women and the girl child in Nigeria through affirmative action for the empowerment of women and the girl child in our society. This is done in the spirit of fairness to all.

Therefore, this state dinner seek to highlight his efforts thus far and to keep the conversation at the fore as regards to women empowerment. It is a celebration of Nigerian women in public and private sector. International and local stakeholders are all invited for the dinner which includes (but not limited to)
• National Assembly members
• State governors and assembly members
• Members of the diplomatic corps
• International dignitaries
• Women in business
• Women in politics and other stakeholders in Nigeria

You should see how the wife PEJ treated the women under heavy rain in PH,they danced at the airport to wish her farewell from the state.Just beacuse of your comments on the bolded part sha[b][/b].
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
sayso: You should see how the wife PEJ treated the women you under heavy rain in PH danced at the airport too wish her farewell from the state.Just beacuse of you comments on the bolded part sha.

Please be focused because this is about Nigerian women, nothing Jonathan's wife. Dont trivalize this event.
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by sayso: 1:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
cry cry cry cry cry
am weeping already.
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 25, 2013

How much were you paid to put this much effort into defending this mundane event.....don't tell me you are doing this for free..otherwise you are only wasting a money spinning talent. cheesy
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
ilugunboy:

How much were you paid to put this much effort into defending this mundane event.....don't tell me you are doing this for free..otherwise you are only wasting a money spinning talent. cheesy
I am Nigerian with the right information.. it is only patriotic to do so with or without being paid. The notion that everytime any Nigerian stand on the side of GEJ that the person has being paid is not correct. Were you paid to discredit GEJ? If not, why would you assume that I have been paid? This country needs us. GEJ or not in 2015, we should learn to tell the truth. I will snap the invite shortly and put it here if that proves anything to you.

4 Likes

Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 2:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
ilugunboy: Bloody lie....!
invite proof

2 Likes

Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
akpomeme:
I am Nigerian with the right information.. it is only patriotic to do so with or without being paid. The notion that everytime any Nigerian stand on the side of GEJ that the person has being paid is not correct. Were you paid to discredit GEJ? If not, why would you assume that I have been paid? This country needs us. GEJ or not in 2015, we should learn to tell the truth. I will snap the invite shortly and put it here if that proves anything to you.
I salute your candor in explaining to these fellows whose idea of a public forum is nothing else but gossip, abuse and throwing of tantrums.

the only place I disagree with you is to say that "this country......".
Nigeria is not a country. It is a failed experiment of the Whiteman!
If we want to make a country out of the failed experiment, it is up to us collectively.
We need a national conference and we need it fast because time is running out!

2 Likes

Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
noblezone:
I salute your candor in explaining to these fellows whose idea of a public forum is nothing else but gossip, abuse and throwing of tantrums.

the only place I disagree with you is to say that "this country......".
Nigeria is not a country. It is a failed experiment of the Whiteman!
If we want to make a country out of the failed experiment, it is up to us collectively.
We need a national conference and we need it fast because time is running out!

Now this is a conversation worth having.. How do we make a country out of this unbalnced entity where politicians prey everyday? This is a conversation younger generation should begin to ask in order to find the right answer and stop regionalising Nigeria or its political games.

2 Likes

Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
mikeywise: we don hear,

next.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/component/k2/item/15181-jonathan,-amaechi-may-clash-over-dinner,-ngf-meeting.html
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by 5columnist: 3:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
Wow.. haven read this write up and the one promoted by nairaland, it would have been fair to make this a front page article. Thenation paper lied and this is a rebuttal correcting the impression that President's dinner was informed by Ameachi's NGF call for a meeting on same day.

These things should be balanced so Nigerians can make an informed judgment on sensitive issues like this that promotes insubordination and unnecessary distraction by politicians.

4 Likes

Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
5columnist: Wow.. haven read this write up and the one promoted by nairaland, it would have been fair to make this a front page article. Thenation paper lied and this is a rebuttal correcting the impression that President's dinner was informed by Ameachi's NGF call for a meeting on same day.

These things should be balanced so Nigerians can make an informed judgment on sensitive issues like this that promotes insubordination and unnecessary distraction by politicians.

At least it is out there that Jonah no send Ameachi and his cheap politics of distraction.

2 Likes

Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
akpomeme:

Now this is a conversation worth having.. How do we make a country out of this unbalnced entity where politicians prey everyday? This is a conversation younger generation should begin to ask in order to find the right answer and stop regionalising Nigeria or its political games.

You may get the attention of the younger generation from the South but it is almost an impossible task to get the attention of the younger generation from the North. the kind Islamic Religion practiced over there will never allow them to reason with you.
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by dayokanu(m): 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
And what concerns governors with this dinner?
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
dayokanu: And what concerns governors with this dinner?

Because governors were part of the invited guests, they Ameachi, trivalized the event by quickly inviting various governors for a NGF meeting at the same time a scheduled event was suppose to hold. While this does not affect the President's event in any form or shape, but the NGF people have gone to town with a different news.

2 Likes

Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by abu12: 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
And when will he called the youth for a dinner, so as to brief them his mid-term achievement also.

1 Like

Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
abu12: And when will he called the youth for a dinner, so as to brief them his mid-term achievement also.

grin grin grin grin grin nice one because the current youth leader in PDP is over 60 years old ooo. Gowon was in charge of this country in his 20s. Jonah has refused to empower us youths that even voted for him angry angry angry angry
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by anonimi: 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
Anyone wants to palce a bet that this thread won't make front page?
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by abu12: 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
akpomeme:

Because governors were part of the invited guests, they Ameachi, trivalized the event by quickly inviting various governors for a NGF meeting at the same time a scheduled event was suppose to hold. While this does not affect the President's event in any form or shape, but the NGF people have gone to town with a different news.

Shaat*up
stop fooooling your likes with wrong assumption,
Amaechi trivialised what?

A governor told our correspondent last night that the Governor’s Forum meetings are held once a month on the eve of the National Economic Council (NEC) meeting.

He said there was no need to meet “until it is time, which is now”. Those calling meetings every week are those looking for legitimacy,” he said. You can read more from this link if don't know.
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/jonathan-amaechi-in-battle-to-host-governors/
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/jonathan-amaechi-in-battle-to-host-governors/
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by abu12: 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
[quote author=akpomeme]
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 7:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
[quote author=abu12][/quote]
your dirty mouth like your oga... no regards for your senior grin grin grin grin
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
It is on record that Ameachi does not know his age that is why he chose childrens' day as his birthday date.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by anonimi: 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
Did the APC governors not do the same thing with their Maiduguri visit a week before Jonathan's scheduled visit

Anyone who knows about protocol regarding movement of presidents will know it takes weeks if not months to plan and ensure security arrangements.
Our "progressive opposition" are so good at empty but populist moves rather than dealing with basic matters of benefit to their people.

3 Likes

Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
anonimi: Did the APC governors not do the same thing with their Maiduguri visit a week before Jonathan's scheduled visit

Anyone who knows about protocol regarding movement of presidents will know it takes weeks if not months to plan and ensure security arrangements.
Our "progressive opposition" are so good at empty but populist moves rather than dealing with basic matters of benefit to their people.
Infact, now that I know that Ameach's birthday is on the 27th of May, I will fix mine for the same day to see who will have more adverts on daily papers... angry angry angry angry
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
When northerners and south-westerners dump Ameachi, his eyes will be clear grin grin grin grin
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by abu12: 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
akpomeme: 7:31pm
It is on record that Ameachi does not know his age that is why he chose childrens' day as his birthday date....

akpomeme:
Infact, now that I know that Ameach's birthday is on the 27th of May, I will fix mine for the same day to see who will have more adverts on daily papers... angry angry angry angry

Juvenility is your problem, growup calf
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by mikeywise(m): 9:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
akpomeme:

I thought u were ok until I read †ђξ above, smh .
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by akpomeme(m): 9:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
abu12:

Juvenility is your problem, growup calf
Why must you guys foul mouth anyway ... adult with licking mouth sets bad precedence for the younger generation. You opposition guys (Ameachi's people) are too serious to even recgonise a fight worth picking.
Re: Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF by hakanai(m): 9:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
noblezone:

You may get the attention of the younger generation from the South but it is almost an impossible task to get the attention of the younger generation from the North. the kind Islamic Religion practiced over there will never allow them to reason with you.

Just like your hate for the north wont let you see pass hate and make sensible comments without bashing or draging the north into falsehood or propaganda.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heartbreaking Last Words Of The Iranian Woman Hanged For Killing Her R*pist / MTN Quick Facebook - How To Activate And Deactivate Services / Breaking News; Bomb Explosion Rocks Sabongari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.