Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid (8859 Views)

Abuja-kaduna Rail Project No Longer Feasible In May – Amaechi / Mid-term Dinner Is A Scheduled Event Of The Presidency Not Focused On NGF / Obasanjo Once Beat-up Okupe For Dishonesty - Junaid Mohamed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Abagworo(m): 8:27am On Dec 05, 2012
ABUJA — As preparations for the next Presidential election gather momentum, the North has said it will not allow former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, to impose any candidate on the region and its people.

The North is still reeling under the pains of the ‘imposition’ of the late Umaru Musa Yar’Adua on them in 2007 and the current President on Nigerians by the former Nigerian leader.

The Convener of the Coalition of Northern Leaders, Academics, Professionals and Businessmen, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, told Vanguard in an exclusive interview, yesterday, that the North had learnt it bitter lessons and would not allow Obasanjo to dictate to them any longer.

According to Mohammed, the people of the North do not believe that Obasanjo still has the necessary influence and power to champion their cause and will, therefore, not allow him to dabble into their political future.

The Second Republic lawmaker said those in the North, who believe that Obasanjo has what it takes to make them President, were merely deceiving themselves, as the former President’s era had since lapsed.

Reminded that Obasanjo still wields enormous influence and authority in the land given the number of men and women he put in commanding heights, Mohammed shrugged off such influence, saying the man could hardly win a ward election in hisOgunState.

He said: “We will not allow what happened in the election of Yar’Adua and Jonathan to happen again in 2015. We must rise as a people and carry our destiny in our hands.

“We will never allow somebody who does not have the interest of the people of the North to dabble into its politics in 2015.

“In any case, if Obasanjo cannot win a ward in his local government area ofOgunState, is it inKanoor Sokoto that his candidate can win?”

Obasanjo is a political liability to the North

The political commentator made it clear that those who were being bandied as Obasanjo’s candidates in the North should work hard and win the confidence of the people if they wanted to be elected rather than go to sleep with the erroneous impression that the former leader could guarantee them easy access to the Presidential Villa.

He said: “It appears to me that Obasanjo is more of a political liability to the North and anyone who puts his hope in him in 2015 is doing so at his/her own peril.

“The irony is that some uninformed persons still believe that Obasanjo has what it takes to put them in certain political offices inNigeria. That is not possible particularly in the North.”

The medical doctor-turned politician said the North would devise a more democratic means than zoning to elect its leaders in 2015 to heal the wounds of the past political mistakes and move the people of the region andNigeriaforward.

Igbo Presidency not feasible in 2015

Mohammed said Igbo Presidency would not be feasible in 2015 given the penchant of the people of the region to pull down their own rather than speak with one voice to achieve their set goal.

He maintained thatNigerianeeded a leader who could pull it out of the present predicament and take the people to a new level of socio-economic and political prosperity.

There have been reports that Obasanjo is in support of two northern governors to run as President in 2015.

Of the two, Governor Sule Lamido of JigawaStaterecently told Vanguard that he was flattered by the link of his name with the 2015 job. He did not deny nor confirm the claim.

The man he was touted to be running with, Gov. Rotimi Amaechi ofRiversState, has however openly denied having any presidential ambition. “I’m not running with Sule Lamido,” the governor was quoted as saying in the heat of the controversy.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/igbo-presidency-not-feasible-in-2015-junaid/
Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by FreeGlobe(f): 8:37am On Dec 05, 2012
Yaaaaaaaawn............

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Afam4eva(m): 11:08am On Dec 05, 2012
Na God go punish Junaid or whatever he calls himself.

I'm not keen on Igbo presidency but it pains me when i hear people like this talk as if the country belongs to them.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Arysexy(m): 11:09am On Dec 05, 2012
Aboki we have heard u, 2015 we shall know. next............
Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 05, 2012
didn't even read the article, just scrolled down to like FreeGlobe. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Abaykf: 11:18am On Dec 05, 2012
ARE IGBOS NOT NIGERIANS?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by PointB: 11:20am On Dec 05, 2012
Perhaps he meant to say that Nigeria is not feasible in 2015!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by HAH: 11:23am On Dec 05, 2012
the caption is misleading, what he said about the igbos are somehow true

" Mohammed said Igbo Presidency would not be feasible in 2015 given the penchant of the people of the region to pull
down their own rather than speak with one voice to achieve their set goal."

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by nagoma(m): 11:25am On Dec 05, 2012
Abaykf: ARE IGBOS NOT NIGERIANS?

They are but sometimes they say they are Biafrans. No one is sure , not even the Igbos themselves.

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Sealeddeal(m): 11:27am On Dec 05, 2012
Firstly,the article is not just about Igbo presidency.secondly,the man may not be wrong.thirdly,north does not own nigeria and as such,it remains his opinion and finally,nigeria existence will be renegotiated in 2015 and we are optimistic that we shall surely leave this entity of hatred.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Walexz02(m): 11:28am On Dec 05, 2012
...till then, I reserve my comments.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Abaykf: 11:28am On Dec 05, 2012
Abaykf: ARE IGBOS NOT NIGERIANS?
NORTH SHOULD ALLOW THE IGBO COME 2015
Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Lachynos2k2(m): 11:29am On Dec 05, 2012
funny enough it hasnt occured to this man yet that power has actually shifted from the north to the south this time around until God knows when, if at all there will be a country called nigeria by then..boko junaid read this if at all you can even read ..UNA BORN TO RULE MENTALITY GO FAIL UNA THIS TIME..this country belong to everyone irrespective of the tribe and religion but not to illiterate gworo chewing brown teeth suicide bombers like u..

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Walexz02(m): 11:30am On Dec 05, 2012
...till then, I reserve my comments.[b][/b][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by lacasa: 11:31am On Dec 05, 2012
Why are yigbos dis way?. Mostly one dimensional in their reasonning ability.

Now, let me ask those insulting Junaid here, WHAT HE SAID, IS IT a LIE?.

From 99 to Date, the yigbos have never reached a consensus on an eastern candidate to rep their position.

Greed, over ambition & secession activities makes other tribes have a sort of perenial distrust for the Yigbos.

Just dnt see a Hausa Or Yeruba fully trusting an Yigbo 4 President (biafra comes to mind).

Not anytime soon sha. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Arysexy(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2012
lacasa: Why are yigbos dis way?. Mostly one dimensional in their reasonning ability.

From 99 to Date, the yigbos have never reached a consensus on an eastern candidate to rep their position.

Greed, over ambition & secession activities makes other tribes have a sort of perenial distrust for the Yigbos.

Just dnt see a Hausa Or Yeruba fully trusting an Yigbo 4 President (biafra comes to mind).

remind me who was aboki consensus candidate in last election? Buhari, Ribadu, Atiku, etc which of them was aboki consensus candidate. Efi Awusa!

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Afam4eva(m): 11:34am On Dec 05, 2012
lacasa: Why are yigbos dis way?. Mostly one dimensional in their reasonning ability.

Will you keep quiet...

Why did Buhari and Atiku contest against Yaradua...So much for Northern unity.

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Uchechrist06(m): 11:36am On Dec 05, 2012
Yesooooo!!! D managing director of Nigeria has spoken !!! I hav gone tru ds write up several tyms 2 see a patrotic Nigerian speakin bt only succeeded in seeing a man speaking out of his n his cohot's personal selfish intrest. Yes Igbos can't b president come 2015 cos Hausa's are born 2 rule in Nigeria n Igbos are born 2 serve abi

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Navalsadiq(m): 11:44am On Dec 05, 2012
afam4eva: Na God go punish Junaid or whatever he calls himself.

I'm not keen on Igbo presidency but it pains me when i hear people like this talk as if the country belongs to them.
this is what you get when you create a history of deceit behind you.the actions of ironsi and ojukwu wil continue to haunt una.
Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Elueme: 11:47am On Dec 05, 2012
Junaid Mohammed spoke from his own point of view and I am not expecting anything different from his likes , however Nigerians will speak in 2015..

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Lachynos2k2(m): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2012
Naval sadiq: inyamiri make una allow us hear word.yan banza
another suicide bomber on the loose.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 05, 2012
OBJ don finish Mala. Parasites.
Re: Igbo Presidency Not Feasible In 2015 – Junaid by jimino(m): 12:04pm On Dec 05, 2012
d aboki don talk him mind, oda nigerians make una talk una mind. Afta all no b only one vote him go cast on dat day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MSMEs: Federal Government Launches One-Stop Shop In Plateau, Seven Others Soon / Jimi Agbaje And Freedom Misconception / Illegal Toll: IGP Orders CPs To Dismantle All Unauthorised Checkpoints

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.