Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors (28674 Views)

US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications / UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by toluene12: 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
coogar: i support this move....
let british passport holders drop N5m bond too and they bond should be forfeited if they overstay their visas. if theresa may wants to act like a whöre then let's treat her like a whöre.

nigerians make up a huge percentage of the nurses or social care workers here. if they refuse to go to work just for one day, the british economy would collapse as the brits cannot even do what these honest nigerians do on a daily basis!

dont let us get carried away unnecessary.
how many british citizens apart from nigerian nationals apply for nigerian visitors visa? nigeria is not a tourist destination so foreigners dont flock here for vacation.
Most foreigners in nigeria are working for multinationals and either have business visa or work permit.
If these bond is to work at all, we have to apply it to all forms of visa application.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by fydence: 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: I think UK has not been fair to Nigeria.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by coogar: 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
toluene12:
dont let us get carried away unnecessary.
how many british citizens apart from nigerian nationals apply for nigerian visitors visa? nigeria is not a tourist destination so foreigners dont flock here for vacation.
Most foreigners in nigeria are working for multinationals and either have business visa or work permit.
If these bond is to work at all, we have to apply it to all forms of visa application.

about 120,000 british nationals visit nigeria every year.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by KMB: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
Let's hope that FGN will stick to their guns.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by butta(m): 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
coogar:

plenty of brits go to nigeria on vacation to visit family and friends. the issue is not if british people have the money to drop for the bond. this move would make theresa may sit up and review her idiotic policy.

i really don't know how the woman still keeps her job. immigration has gotten worse under her. their real enemies are the EU countries flooding the UK to lap up the public funds. a nigerian on a visitor visa cannot claim a penny!
u r right there the E.U people r their real enemies but instead we nigerians are the scapegoat becuz someone has to be held accountable for UK problems
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
With the exception of british arlines (british airways and virgin atlantic)I'm not sure this'll hurt cameron as core british interest in nigeria is far between. plus, they do not depend heavily on our oil.

I must say though, I'm surprised india is on that list. A few months ago (last year, I believe), cameron and his buds, including theresa may, were in india begging for alms A.k.A investments.

Jaguar/land rover is owned by TATA of india. An indian owns the biggest steel manufacturing company in the UK and possibly the world- Mittel.

How theresa may and cameron got here is beyond me. They got this one wrong.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by toluene12: 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2013
coogar:

about 120,000 british nationals visit nigeria every year.

and for those of them that are british natives, what's their visa type?
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Pennywise(m): 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2013
If the govt proceeds as planned, then the red passport is dead in the water in all things Nigeria. Folks will need to dig up and renew their kpale. This could translate to millions of pounds to the Nigerian govt-not bad.

1 Like

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by butta(m): 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
Freiburger:
Wrong sir, 9 out of every 10 Nigerians on a UK visit visa is eyeing a change in status in every possible way.
u can say it again nigerians in U k are leeches and scroungers and a drain to the Uk living in council flats and having babies every were nija peeps sha
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by vocur19: 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
not only 5 million naira.any briton coming for employment or job,academic documents should be screen and he or she should be interview by bureau of employmnet in nigeria at entry point at the airport.before given clearance>

2 Likes

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by toluene12: 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2013
Pennywise: If the govt proceeds as planned, then the red passport is dead in the water in all things Nigeria. Folks will need to dig up and renew their kpale. This could translate to millions of pounds to the Nigerian govt-not bad.

most dual citizens i know actually use their green passport when entering nigeria, i guess to avoid visa fees. so this new policy changes nothing.
if it's bond FGN will definitely return the money after the time frame if they didn't run foul of any law while in nigeria. so, where is nigeria making the million of pounds?

1 Like

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by nairaman66(m): 4:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
Minister of Foreign Affairs Olugbenga Ashiru said yesterday that the Federal Government will defend the interest of Nigerians on consular related issues with foreign countries.

Now it involves monies.., you want to defend Nigerians?? Geez!! So pathetic...
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by coogar: 4:26pm On Jun 25, 2013
butta: u can say it again nigerians in U k are leeches and scroungers and a drain to the Uk living in council flats and having babies every were nija peeps sha

the ones living in council flats are qualified to do so. a visitor cannot get pregnant and get a council flat. that's just ignorance!

toluene12:
and for those of them that are british natives, what's their visa type?

i don't have that statistics - but i support the move. until now, we have watched past nigerian governments ignore the plight of their citizens in diaspora. this is a very positive step. visa-bond my foot! did their ancestors pay any bond when they räped nigeria nakëd in the 18th century?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by dabrake(m): 4:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
Gbawe:

I hope it is not because on display again from this Mrs.Dabiri-Erewa is the pugnacious ignorance many of our politicians work with. This is why they are found wanting serving the interest of Nigerians . The woman is garrulously misinformed with her chest-beating talk below because the Visa bond is for visitors i.e those not allowed to work while in the UK anyway. She should know "visitors" cover those who are meant to visit the UK and return within the stipulated time on their visa. I don't quite know why she is now ranting about the health sector of the UK collapsing.

@gbawe, i do like you a lot but I won't agree with you this time. at this point in time, you should be defending the interest of the average Nigerian instead of trying to score cheap political points.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by ddeola: 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nigeria need to prove to them that whatever is good for the goose is also good for the gander. Let's match them policy-for-policy, fire-for-fire. If you are not a friend, you are foe. No country in the world can rubbish Nigeria. Nija for life !
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by AbuMikey(m): 4:36pm On Jun 25, 2013
Good Move!

1 Like

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Freiburger(m): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
coogar:

how would they go about this change?
they need to go back to lagos to marry a brit. they must spend about 20 years to qualify for long stay application. they cannot work, they cannot school and they cannot even rent from housing agents. so what's the fuss?
Thanks for giving details on how the proper channel functions, But only a few Nigerians are willing to use that channel, most just believe once they are in the UK they are in there, and every other way foward is a way, we all know how it affects our reputation. If your are willing to pay a million naira just to obtain a UK tourist visa with the intention of overstaying your time there, then an additional 3,000 pounds shouldn't be a burden to you. If the Nigerian government feel they can reciprocate on that with a 20k bound, they should go ahead with the plans as long as it improves our ecomomy.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by maclatunji: 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2013
9ja_I_hail: This will be a right move only if Tinumbu and opposition parties do not play politics with this, forgetting that national interest should not be use to score cheap political point.

GEJ administration is the first Nigeria Govt to fight for it citizens right internationally.

Eh-Eh, easy on the exaggeration.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by badmeat(m): 4:40pm On Jun 25, 2013
Hmm!tsk tsk tsk,I will go to another country to spend my oil money!bleep UK,angry
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by maclatunji: 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
You can always go to China if Britain doesn't want us.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by justwise(m): 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
OMO IBO: With the exception of british arlines (british airways and virgin atlantic)I'm not sure this'll hurt cameron as core british interest in nigeria is far between. plus, they do not depend heavily on our oil.

I must say though, I'm surprised india is on that list. A few months ago (last year, I believe), cameron and his buds, including theresa may, were in india begging for alms A.k.A investments.

Jaguar/land rover is owned by TATA of india. An indian owns the biggest steel manufacturing company in the UK and possibly the world- Mittel.

How theresa may and cameron got here is beyond me. They got this one wrong.

The rule only affect visiting visa applicants, basically first timers. Indian business applicants are not included.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Freiburger(m): 4:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
maclatunji: You can always go to China if Britain doesn't want us.
grin grin grin tongue
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
justwise:

The rule only affect visiting visa applicants, basically first timers. Indian business applicants are not included.
Regardless bruh.
The Govt of India should have something to say about this.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by justwise(m): 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nigerian govt and their stupidity, this will only affect Nigerians, i doubt any British will like to pay 20000 pounds just to visit Nigeria, they rather go to Ghana, SA, Egypt etc. Nigeria is not a holiday destination for foreigner.

This is just hot air.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by debulle: 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
Capnd143:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/reps-kick-against-uks-planned-3000-visa-bond-for-nigerians/
Nonsense! If you want to defend Nigerians let FG give us basic infrastures,Good roads,power,housing,education.Our economy will be strong.Who enjoys the cold weather of UK or is it the high tax rate.FG should stop embarrasing itself.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Raxz(m): 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
If the bond is refundable i see nothing wrong with tht, British govt. Is only try to stop those who apply for visiting visa and endup staying beyond there visa time. If tht will helpe to keep ppl respecting there visa agreement thn it is ok, i believe no body would wnt to hv such an amount of money and risk it just to live in the UK whn he or she is not sure of getting any good job tht cn fetch him such an amount. To me is welcome idea (personal position anyway)

1 Like

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by caprini: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
franktolk: Let's forget about colony or colonisation by Britain . An average British does not even know Nigeria was occupied by the british up till the 60's.Many of them do not even know we speak English in Nigeria . Its sounds so funny any time they ask me if we speak English in Nigeria .

What do they know,more than beer and football.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by justwise(m): 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
OMO IBO:
Regardless bruh.
The Govt of India should have something to say about this.

Trust me...nothing, its refundable and if they do anything at all it will be 3000 equivalent of Indian currency which many British people who wants to visit India can afford.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by sobaemma(m): 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
Rubbish uk people,other colony master are trying to set visa free for their own,the suffering and money and time we pass 2ru to get ur visa which at the end u will deny us is not ok,its easy to enter u.s than our fuc.ing colonial masters,rubbish,now na 3000 euro for rubbish,thunder catch una,pls make it 50000 euros
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by caprini: 4:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
debulle: Nonsense! If you want to defend Nigerians let FG give us basic infrastures,Good roads,power,housing,education.Our economy will be strong.Who enjoys the cold weather of UK or is it the high tax rate.FG should stop embarrasing itself.

The most logical post.

1,000,000,000 Likes

1 Like

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Samabu07(m): 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
9ja_I_hail: This will be a right move only if Tinumbu and opposition parties do not play politics with this, forgetting that national interest should not be use to score cheap political point.

GEJ administration is the first Nigeria Govt to fight for it citizens right internationally.
Let me chip here, during the Israeli-Hezbollah summer war, Nigeria was the first Nation to pull her citizens even before US and the UK. Well thanks to the then Nigerian Foreign Minister. OBJ Regime try for that aspect.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Dee60: 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
The bond will be coughed out by the Nigerian companies who are fond of inviting British 'guest speakers' etcetera! Can the FG come up with another idea please!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abuja - City Of Peace And Beauty / World Wrapper Man Embarks On Marathon From Lagos To Benue. Photos / Jewish Man Covers Himself In Plastic Bag During Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.