Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors (28676 Views)

US Embassy Receives 220,000 Visa Applications / UK Suspends £3,000 Visa Bond / New Visa Process For UK Visitors From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by ebucha: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
Yes we are happy with GEJ
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Chanchit: 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
9ja no dey carry last na..
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by egift(m): 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
"To", "Will" - Have they done it or not?

So why the noise? Abeg let us know when its done.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by nkemKalu: 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
U people can go to Britain...or anywhere, as for me and my family........NAIJA for life. I will never drink PANADOL for another man's headache.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
I'd definitely take this news with a pinch of salt. The FG will be very stupid to make such a law when they know the stakes involved in making such policies.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by okewumi: 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
They are target the poor not to come to their country. The rich can steal, pay 3000,buy houses and they sell but the poor will go and be struggling. No vacancy for poor masses in UK. GBAM
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by tijehi(f): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
see these useless Britons we dem dey wear one clothe for 5days. Idiots. I should pay 3grand Pounds to enter your country. I dey come.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by bebe2(f): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
The uk has no unlimited funds to take care of everybody, nig govt shud take of its responsibility and stop looting.

Who wan born go come uk, who dey sick go come uk, who wan pay sch fees go CALL uk.

If una dey dis vocal against una politician wey dey loot d country there will be no need for uk to demand 3k before una enter there.

Yes, Its an insult to nigeria and nigerians so it shud provoke our govt to action and development for d country.
D system was being Abused.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by whitecat007: 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
Team tits for tats here oo!
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Freiburger(m): 3:31pm On Jun 25, 2013
bebe2: The uk has no unlimited funds to take care of everybody, nig govt shud take of its responsibility and stop looting.
10,000likes.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by loswhite(m): 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
adconline: NASS , ministers,relatives conubines are worried because they are going to be the hardest hit.
now u hav won d dumbest post on this thread
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by howfarwhatagwan: 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
If I remember correctly the bond is for visitors requesting for six months visa abi am I wrong? So if you are a visitor requesting for one month then it shouldn't be a problem right?

Look most of these countries are just tired of Nigerians, Indians etc so they are looking for all means to prevent us from coming to their countries unnecessarily so why don't we look inwards and make Nigeria what it should be so that people can stop trying to go out. It's a pity that as a Nigerian you need a visa to go virtually everywhere even if you just want to go for one week. Many nationals don't need visas to go to several places as long as they are not staying more than 3 months but Not for we Naija. Let us admit it a lot of Nigerians have abused the systems and messed up so we all need to suffer for it.

IF the Govt. feels like reciprocating of course I support that big time but please let us not focus on retaliating but on Building Nigeria for goodness sake we are richer than a lot of these countries and should not be begging to enter their countries NAIJA wake up.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Freiburger(m): 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
chidindufrank: Yes we are happy with GEJ
Coz you are silly like him. How many UK celebrities come to Nigeria purposely to give birth for citizenship? Gej should also impose the same rule on US citizens. It takes a blind folk to be fooled by a weak/clueless leader.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 25, 2013

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Skywalker5(m): 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2013
but most British that visits Nigeria are people that have ties with Nigeria. Are they expected to pay 5million to come and see their family? Money that i am sure they wont get back if they want to go back

And other british with no ties to Nigeria working in Nigeria usually have work permit so they are not Visitors

the policy is just to stop people taking advantage of their free health care system
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by butta(m): 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
Nigerians should focus on building their own country the way that suits us just as britain has done in their country britain is were it is today because of all their hard work and efforts. Let's tel ourselves the truth we nigerians have ourselves to blame especially our illiterate leaders that has been looting us dry. There is no point for asking brits to pay bond ? know y d brits won't come here wat is in d UK sef that u people want to kill uself for smh for nigerians

2 Likes

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Freiburger(m): 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
butta: Let's tel ourselves the truth we nigerians have ourselves to blame especially our illiterate leaders that has been looting us dry.
God bless you.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Babalegba(m): 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
The federal govt is being childish and shallow. This so called " brilliant" move will only affect people of nigerian origin with uk passports. The general British population gave up on Nigeria about a decade ago and would rather go to Gambia than risk being murdered in cold blood by money worshipping Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by coogar: 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
i support this move....
let british passport holders drop N5m bond too and they bond should be forfeited if they overstay their visas. if theresa may wants to act like a whöre then let's treat her like a whöre.

nigerians make up a huge percentage of the nurses or social care workers here. if they refuse to go to work just for one day, the british economy would collapse as the brits cannot even do what these honest nigerians do on a daily basis!

1 Like

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by ceejay80s(m): 3:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
dpee4real: “When South Africa said we should be paying N100, 000 visa bond and we reciprocated, it quickly stopped the policy."

Really? I am in SA and i deposited 110K to get visa, lier!!!
dont u mean liar!!!
Which one be lier? My tongue go tear say i dey try pronounce
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
[size=28pt]haha!GEJism. GEJ can do no wrong.[/size]
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by butta(m): 3:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
coogar: i support this move....
let british passport holders drop N5m bond too and they bond should be forfeited if they overstay their visas. if theresa may wants to act like a whöre then let's treat her like a whöre.

nigerians make up a huge percentage of the nurses or social care workers here. if they refuse to go to work just for one day, the british economy would collapse as the brits cannot even do what these honest nigerians do on a daily basis!
. How many british people come to nigeria and besides if u have 5million naira will u prefer to come and waste it in a country like nigeria that I don't think so and even you brits do u even have 5million naira to drop as bond ? British people no get money abeg

1 Like

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by coogar: 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
butta: . How many british people come to nigeria and besides if u have 5million naira will prefer to come and waste it in a country like nigeria that I don't think so and even you brits do u even have 5million naira to drop as bond ? British people no get money abeg

plenty of brits go to nigeria on vacation to visit family and friends. the issue is not if british people have the money to drop for the bond. this move would make theresa may sit up and review her idiotic policy.

i really don't know how the woman still keeps her job. immigration has gotten worse under her. their real enemies are the EU countries flooding the UK to lap up the public funds. a nigerian on a visitor visa cannot claim a penny!

1 Like

Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
Uk is playiing game with nigerian. Last time it was about pushing us to sign into bill,lesbianism & homosexuality.now anoda story.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by papushki(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
I hope they stick to their threat and call their bluff by imposing 20k pounds or more.
We wait n see how GEJ government will respond
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Freiburger(m): 4:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
coogar:

a nigerian on a visitor visa cannot claim a penny!
Wrong sir, 9 out of every 10 Nigerians on a UK visit visa is eyeing a change in status in every possible way.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
adconline: NASS , ministers,relatives conubines are worried because they are going to be the hardest hit.
what to mean, them go d use our money travel.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by tobiecxs(m): 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
Has Nigeria been fair to the UK? However, my discontent is; they advocate free trade but not free migration.

Okiki_Oluwa: I think UK has not been fair to Nigeria.
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by franktolk(m): 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
Let's forget about colony or colonisation by Britain . An average British does not even know Nigeria was occupied by the british up till the 60's.Many of them do not even know we speak English in Nigeria . Its sounds so funny any time they ask me if we speak English in Nigeria .
Re: FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors by coogar: 4:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
Freiburger:
Wrong sir, 9 out of every 10 Nigerians on a UK visit visa is eyeing a change in status in every possible way.

how would they go about this change?
they need to go back to lagos to marry a brit. they must spend about 20 years to qualify for long stay application. they cannot work, they cannot school and they cannot even rent from housing agents. so what's the fuss?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jewish Man Covers Himself In Plastic Bag During Flight / Abuja - City Of Peace And Beauty / World Wrapper Man Embarks On Marathon From Lagos To Benue. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.