Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Spare Parts Prices - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Spare Parts Prices (2068 Views)

Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? / Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria / Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spare Parts Prices by otoidea(m): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2013
sometimes your mechanic will tell you the cost of a part is x thousand naira but it really is cheaper. i think we should have this sticky thread where we can share cost of parts..

for example my mech js billed me N35,000 to change the fuel pump of my 2004 Mercedes C240... i dont think it should be that expensive.
Re: Spare Parts Prices by elviszzz: 12:30pm On Jun 28, 2013
otoidea: sometimes your mechanic will tell you the cost of a part is x thousand naira but it really is cheaper. i think we should have this sticky thread where we can share cost of parts..

for example my mech js billed me N35,000 to change the fuel pump of my 2004 Mercedes C240... i dont think it should be that expensive.

i feel its too expensive, why not go to the spare-part market and price yourself. i own an audi quattro 1999 and the fuel pump is N6000. At first my mechanic almost drained me until i started pricing myself at d market and that habit he had of overcharging me has stopped cos he knows i have made friends with spare parts dealers.
Re: Spare Parts Prices by Big2bore(m): 5:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
Pls,I will like to no wear you get the parts from
Re: Spare Parts Prices by CHIMCO(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
The prices vary according to location. The price of fuel pumb at coal camp Enugu will not be the same at alaba Lagos or alaoji in Aba Abia State. The last direct one i bought for merc was 11,000 including fuel filter and i was told that 2500 was repaid ones. Original new one was at 6000 which i was told was far better than direct belgium.
Re: Spare Parts Prices by otoidea(m): 9:40am On Jun 29, 2013
Omg.. i just noticed I typed fuel pump instead of power steering pump.. sorry guys it's the power steering pump I was charged 35k for
Re: Spare Parts Prices by otoidea(m): 1:07am On Jul 06, 2013
front shocks merc c240 2004, .. im being charged 40k... make sense?

(1) (Reply)

Merc. Engine Swap / Help!!! My Honda CRV 2003 Difficulty In Starting / Meet Nigerian Billionaire Who Has 11 Rolls Royces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.