Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down (14082 Views)

My Trip to 'Mgbuka Obosi' the Largest Used Parts Market in the SE / How Toyota Engines Are Re-built In Ladipo / Overhead Pictures Of Ladipo Car-Parts Market In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by homebase(m): 10:12am On Feb 25, 2013
I was on my way to Ladipo market this morning when i got a
call from three of my suppliers in the market that the market
is currently shut down by the fierce looking mobile policemen
on the order of Lagos State Government.

So if you are close to the market, please update
us on Nairaland on the situation report and properly
with photos. Thanks
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by YellowMosquito(m): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
homebase: I was on my way to Ladipo market this morning when i got a
call from three of my suppliers in the market that the market
is currently shut down by the fierce looking mobile policemen
on the order of Lagos State Government.

So if you are close to the market, please update
us on Nairaland on the situation report and properly
with photos. Thanks

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by segzicres(m): 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
Who is this one always making noise about "ibo" people? Please have sense na........this affects LAGOS STATE not a certain tribe. Damn!

8 Likes

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by elbinmanny(m): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
Space booked! Let the e-war begin cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by Nwogbe: 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
ok na
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by Temismith(f): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2013
I don hear.
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by Skywalker5(m): 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
@zglobalsim1

Your advert is annoying

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by Regiblinkz(m): 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
I think its for renovation but I'll put a call through to Mr President to know why...lol

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by lat4real: 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
Let the war begin... grin
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by Born2beRich1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
buchi4action: embarassed why do lagos state gov bent on fighting igbo traders.....ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT

The funny thing is that change has to come with a price....Ladipo market to be honest is filty and disgusting...if the traders there( pls note it is not only igbos that trade there) refused to keep the place clean and serene then what the government did is absolutely correct..

We keep complaining about so many things we dont have the slightest understanding of...The lagos state govt has laid emphasies on making lagos a mega city and this is one of the steps in making it a reality...

If you keep an environment clean and observe decency then the govt can never say they want it shut down...

What pisses me off is that majority of all the people saying the lagos state govt is fighting igbos can never try what they are doing in ladipo in advanced countries like U.S or U.K without being fined or even arrested...

Let Mr. Fashola continue his good work and hope other greedy governors are watching him making a change...

27 Likes

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
Its not about Ibo or no Ibo traders, its about the market-i think even the government is fed up kinda with the filth in that market

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by drlaykay(m): 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
buchi4action: embarassed why do lagos state gov bent on fighting igbo traders.....ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT
So you love the physical state of that market.SMH

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by XFive: 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
The closure will affect lots of young men but God dey sha
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by FreeGlobe(f): 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2013
The problem is that Fashola abandoned governance for tribal war. I dare him to shut down Alaba intl market so he can be shut down from govt house.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by momodub: 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2013
eko o ni bajee ooo

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by metti(m): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
tongue embarassed embarassed[quote author=buchi4action] embarassed why do lagos state gov bent on fighting igbo traders.....ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT[/quote
I guess you must be a tribalist! Granted majority of those traders are Ibos but there are also other tribes trading there. Haven't you seen the sanitry condition of that market? Mind you the comissioner of finance of Lagos State is Ibo. If Lagos State Government were to be against Ibos I don't think such sensitive post will be given to an Ibo man.
Go and change the level of your reasoning and stop attaching tribal sentiments to issues.

6 Likes

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by metti(m): 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
tongue embarassed embarassed[quote author=buchi4action] embarassed why do lagos state gov bent on fighting igbo traders.....ONE NIGERIA MY FOOT[/quote

I guess you must be a tribalist! Granted majority of those traders are Ibos but there are also other tribes trading there. Haven't you seen the sanitry condition of that market? Mind you the comissioner of finance of Lagos State is Ibo. If Lagos State Government were to be against Ibos I don't think such sensitive post will be given to an Ibo man.
Go and change the level of your reasoning and stop attaching tribal sentiments to issues.

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by omayyi: 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
FreeGlobe: The problem is that Fashola abandoned governance for tribal war. I dare him to shut down Alaba intl market so he can be shut down from govt house.
if needs be he'll shut it down and there's nothing you loud mouths, empty chests beaters can do about it.

4 Likes

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by vambi: 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2013
Is that the only filthy market in lagos
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by RedLight1: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2013
FreeGlobe: The problem is that Fashola abandoned governance for tribal war. I dare him to shut down Alaba intl market so he can be shut down from govt house.
smh for u people ... do u think he closed ladipo becos he hate igbo? do u know how many people that have being complaining about ladipo market filthiness? the government has decided to respond to peoples complains and here u are ranting about igbos... if the renovation work is complete, which tribe will enjoy it more? BTW did he tell igbos to live the market permanently or its only igbos using the market? so u think they should shut down alaba for no major reason? what are u smoking?

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by RedLight1: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2013
vambi: Is that the only filthy market in lagos
most filthy for now ...like the old oshodi

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by metti(m): 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2013

Another TRIBALIST!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by Odinaka00(m): 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
YABA first and nw Ladipo
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by achi4u(m): 2:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
what a nonsensical approach?

ndi ara
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by olaric(m): 2:26pm On Feb 25, 2013

Must you always see things from the perspective of tribalism? Moreover what makes you think this recent closure won't also affect non-Igbos?
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by Jesuspikin87(m): 2:28pm On Feb 25, 2013
ASSUMING only the igbos sells there.......Na still Igbo dey buy the spare parts. Factory filtered okpolo!!!!
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
You know that cannot happen! Do you know how much revenue is generated from that market by Ojo Local Government?
Re: Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down by Exponental(m): 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
What is d govt's plan? To clean up n charge them, relocate them or what??
Development has a price 2 pay...... It is not about ibos but about LAGOSIANS!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bajaj Is About To Buy Ducati / New Zealand Dogs Pass Driving Test / 5 Signs That Indicates You Need Your Tyre Replaced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.