Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,063 members, 7,953,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:51 PM

Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. (13242 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / NFF Pays $2000 Each To Super Eagles Players For Chan Qualification / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by kstyle2(m): 11:57am On Jun 26, 2013
D competitn is strictly 4 home based so u guyz shld stop askin questions.y is sibi gwar nt dere?
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by freakcin: 11:59am On Jun 26, 2013
The title is misleading. There's nothing strong about this team.
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by miteolu(m): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
Policewoman: What is CHAN again e joo?? ??

The CHAN is the bi-annual championship for quasi-national teams made up of home-based players only. Countries can only field players who play in their domestic league.

In essence, it is a showcase for the best talent left on the continent and a contest to see which country has the best domestic league.

CAF introduced the tournament because of alarm at the fact that African-based talent was no longer getting international exposure because most national teams are filled with European-based professionals. South Africa have participated in the previous two editions but not taken the event seriously.

South Africa did not qualify for the first finals in the Ivory Coast but, to widespread surprise, made it to the second tournament in Sudan two years ago, with a side made up of players unable to hold down regular squad places at their clubs, and dubbed "Amabinneplaas".
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by olaymuchak(m): 12:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
keshi should make it an avenue to choose d best of d best homebased players with gut nt some Gambo
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by Jarus(m): 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
What's strong in this squad?

I think this is an opportunity for Gambo to shine.

Also, I'm surprised Cibuzor Okonkwo is still based.
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by Jarus(m): 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
executinal: I never hear CHAN before ooh grin grin grin grin

Because Nigeria did not qualify for teh last 2 editions.

Ahmed Musa shone in this tournament in his last season as home-based in 2009 or so.
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
jackie chan
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by Soso990240(m): 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
nwapee: Home based players again? Not even a foriegn based player against a team like the ivorians. Hope the boss is right on this.
u make me laugh..olodo,it is for homebase playerz.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by Jerryjat(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
na dis people u dey call strong squad?...

ok den... i case my rest....
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by idowuswap: 12:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
igbos has started kidnap yoruba,thank jah police kill them like chiken,thas why igbo plenty 4 prison,2 hell with entire igbos,tanks 4 ur coporatorology
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by Emmysteve(m): 12:32pm On Jun 26, 2013
freakcin: The title is misleading. There's nothing strong about this team.
Its meant for the home base players of super eagles, hence they are the strong squad Nigeria can boast of except you dont know anything about Nigerian League
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by idowuswap: 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
idowuswap: igbos has started kidnap yoruba,thank jah police kill them like chiken,thas why igbo plenty 4 prison,2 hell with entire igbos,tanks 4 ur coporatorology
u are sayin truth,tanks 4 telling thieves tribe na only dem need money,?
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by freakcin: 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
Emmysteve: Its meant for the home base players of super eagle, and thats our strong squad except you dont know anything about Nigerian League

I might not know much about Nigerian league, I'll give you that. . .

I know a lil bit about Ivorian league though and I can assure you, the likes of Gambo is weak, viz-a-viz CIV home based players!
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by executinal(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
Jarus:

Because Nigeria did not qualify for teh last 2 editions.

Ahmed Musa shone in this tournament in his last season as home-based in 2009 or so.
Really?? Is good for home development. Nice idea from CAF cool
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by AbuMikey(m): 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2013
This squad is truly strong......but can they play against players from Asec Mimosas that I know of??
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by mithel(m): 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2013
idowuswap: u are sayin truth,tanks 4 telling thieves tribe na only dem need money,?

Ode..ediot
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by toluxa1(m): 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2013
Abu Mikey: This squad is truly strong......but can they play against players from Asec Mimosas that I know of??

They can, trust me
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by Emmysteve(m): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
freakcin:

I might not know much about Nigerian league, I'll give you that. . .

I know a lil bit about Ivorian league though and I can assure you, the likes of Gambo is weak, viz-a-viz CIV home based players!
mind you, Gambo is not weak as you posited. He is a top striker in Kano pillars. missing a clear chances does not make him weak, after all, the likes of Edeye, mikel, yakubu, osaze, uche etc also missed chances like that. The only thing Gambo is lacking is international exposure
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by FILEBE(m): 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
nwapee: Home based players again? Not even a foriegn based player against a team like the ivorians. Hope the boss is right on this.
i strongly hope he is right too. but i have the feeling that this will work because these guys are hungry for the fame an action, so, they will deliver.
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by Emmysteve(m): 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2013
And the most sweetiest part of it is that the first leg will be played in Ahmadu Bello stadium Kaduna. my opportunity to watch the eagles live. grin
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by freakcin: 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2013
Emmysteve: mind you, Gambo is not weak as you posited. He is a top striker in Kano pillars. missing a clear chances does not make him weak, after all, the likes of Edeye, mikel, yakubu, osaze, uche etc also missed chances like that. The only thing Gambo is lacking is international exposure

And who has time to start babysitting and waiting for Gambo to mature with world cup so close? Did you know Finidi during his days in Nigerian leaugue? Jay-jay? Amuneke?

These guys shone like a zillion stars merged into one while still home based . . . morning they say shows the day!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by splashbaby(m): 12:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
Now the hard work of Stephen Keshi coming to bear on the home base...8 full international Home base...we can't boast of this in the past...Keshi has turned our football around for good. This is what Siasia failed to do.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by splashbaby(m): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
idowuswap: igbos has started kidnap yoruba,thank jah police kill them like chiken,thas why igbo plenty 4 prison,2 hell with entire igbos,tanks 4 ur coporatorology
You get head injuries?
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by Evestar200(f): 1:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
CHAN tournament started in 2009 and was first hosted by COTE DIVORE and DR CONGO were the first winner of the tournament,,,,2011 edition was host by SUDAN and won by TUNISIA....i don tell una make una dy watch football like me una knw go things like me,,,lol
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by finebadtboy(m): 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
I'm still laughing at people's comments here and I'm not surprised. You use your MB to browse nairaland, update your Facebook profile and chat on whatsapp. grin imagine someone asking what is chan, or why only home based players cheesy I no fit laugh abeg. Ignorance bad sha after una go dey abuse GEJ for being clueless. grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by splashbaby(m): 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
freakcin:

And who has time to start babysitting and waiting for Gambo to mature with world cup so close? Did you know Finidi during his days in Nigerian leaugue? Jay-jay? Amuneke?

This guys shone like a zillion stars merged into one while still home based . . . morning they say shows the day!
Gambo is a great player, if u know the NPL well...missing a goal in first international cap against world champion is not enough to make him a bad player..he merit another chance dude!
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 26, 2013

CHAN is meant for mostly homebased players
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by freakcin: 1:10pm On Jun 26, 2013
splashbaby: Gambo is a great player, if u know the NPL well...missing a goal in first international cap against world champion is not enough to make him a bad player..he merit another chance dude!

U wanno quote where I called him a bad player? I called him weak viz-a-viz the Ivorians, till he proves otherwise, I suggest you let him answer his name!
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by gyde007: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
I sincerely hope that this time around, the Big Boss would give Nigerians formidable strikers that won't brake our hearts again
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by zuma4k(m): 1:15pm On Jun 26, 2013
freakcin:

U wanno quote where I called him a bad player? I called him weak viz-a-viz the Ivorians, till he proves otherwise, I suggest you let him answer his name!
I hope he proves himself...
Re: Nigeria Announce Strong Squad For CHAN Qualifiers. by Danhumprey: 1:27pm On Jun 26, 2013
Keshi is stil experimenting with home-based players even with a high profile match as this? God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arturo Vidal Fined For Munich Nightclub Fight / Nigeria Rugby Sevens Names Squad, Arrive South Africa For Olympic Qualifiers / Serena Williams Out Of Wimbledon After Retiring Injured In First Round

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.