Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized (15054 Views)

New Boko Haram Video Mocks Nigeria Military With Downed Nigerian Jet Fighter Etc / Photos: Boko Haram Video Shows Two Men Accused Of Spying Being Beheaded / Breaking News: Boko Haram Video Journalist Killed "On Duty" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by emmatony: 3:51am On Jun 26, 2013
BY KINGSLEY OMONOBI

ABUJA—FOLLOWING attempts by fleeing members of the Boko Haram terrorist sect to regroup in a bid to fight back, the Defence headquarters, yesterday, said that communication equipment used by the group for shooting and posting online video messages of their leaders have been recovered.

The disclosure was made just as Special Forces of the JTF commenced night and day patrols to dislodge remnants of terrorists still hibernating in the camps and hideouts of the hilltops and forests where the terrorists had made their den.
The equipment recovered including laptops, mobile communication equipment (GSM phones) and others used for shooting and posting online videos, as well as locally made rockets and rocket launchers were among several items seized by the JTF from the arrested terrorists. They were displayed for a nine man Defence Headquarters Assessment Team that visited Borno and Yobe states, weekend.

A statement by Brigadier General Chris Olukolade, Director of Defence Information said: “As a follow up to scheduled assessment visits to troops in the North East of the country, a nine member Defence Headquarters Operational Assessment Team has returned from Yobe and Borno States to brief the Chief of Defence Staff with updates on the situation in the operational area of the Special Forces operating in the North East.

“The force which has been tasked in support of the implementation of the State of Emergency is conducting operations to stop terrorism and to restore normalcy to the security situation in north eastern part of the country. The team visited troop’s location in various parts of Borno and Yobe States. Interacting with the troops inside Sambisa forest, the team leader and Director of Operations in the Defence Headquarters, Air Vice Marshal Olatunji Faloyin, conveyed the greetings and commendation of the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), whom he said was very proud of the troops”.
He expressed the CDS satisfaction with the high level of successes so far recorded in the operation and thanked them for a job well-done, urging them not to rest on their oars until the entire region was fully sanitized and cleared of all terrorists activities. The team also assured the troops of regular logistic supplies while the mission lasts.

Earlier, the team was briefed by commanders, on conduct of the operation to rid the forest of the insurgents who had made the location their sanctuary. They were told that some notorious leaders of the terrorists have been captured while some materials recovered in the camp have also provided useful intelligence for subsequent operations.

The team was told that some casualty in men and equipment were recorded on the part of troops during the operation. Commanders also disclosed that the troops were currently engaged in night and day patrols of the area to dominate the forest and apprehend any terrorist who may be lurking around.

Meanwhile, the nine man assessment team has confirmed that the military was still in control of the situation in the two states adding that the troops were combing the forests and the terrorist camps to fish out the remnants.

On fears that Boko Haram members were regrouping, AVM Olatunji Faloyin while delivering their report, assured the CDS that the possibility of the terrorists regrouping was not possible, because all the camps have been taken over by the military. He dismissed such rumour as coming from the segment of people who were not aware of what the military had done so far in the two states.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/jtf-seizes-boko-harams-online-video-equipment-computers/
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Nobody: 4:25am On Jun 26, 2013
wow this is good news....boko boys are not having it good.....the nigerian state wont allow terror to breed....the whole country can be leveled by our amry if we have to.....so ass to wipe it off....nice one boys.......killl them all.........besides 1st to comment grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Jegede26: 4:31am On Jun 26, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Pinkybush: 4:46am On Jun 26, 2013
There's no need paying JTF or buying weapons for them again. They should stop all these jokes they are playing on nigerians. How can they keep arresting! Arresting!! Arresting!!! boko haram members without killing them? Then what was the aim of sending them (JTF) there? How will the remaining boko haram members take them (JTF) serious? They jtf are just there in those 3 states to perform drama and not to fight terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Rihamz(m): 5:03am On Jun 26, 2013
More bullets to your guns jtf. May God giv u the wisdom to bring an end to this menance ravaging that part of our country. Amen.
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 26, 2013
I wonder what Buhari would make use of as his campaign strategy?

NB: I use to be in support of Buhari before ohhh, until I heard his lame comparism btw Niger Delta Militants and blood sucking Boko Haram.

11 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by babzics: 6:16am On Jun 26, 2013
That's good to hear
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Redoil: 6:33am On Jun 26, 2013
How are we going to push gej out of asorock. If you know that this is bad news to ur ear like this.
babzics: That's good to hear

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by dhardline(m): 6:39am On Jun 26, 2013
Am really certain that this SOE is working cause the rate of bombings of private and public properties has decreased to a major extent.kudos to the Nigerian Army,JTF,and the northern youth vigilantes who have decided to fight back.
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by AbuMikey(m): 6:54am On Jun 26, 2013
Big Big Kudos to JTF!!! Those Boko Boys must Quit their dirty game!!
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 26, 2013
Perhaps, they should do forensic analysis of the finger prints on those devices and identify those demons who had once operated it.

Who knows, some unthinkable might happen and people like Buhari, Ndume or any bizarre twist story might arise.

Victoria asserta

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 26, 2013
dhardline: Am really certain that this SOE is working cause the rate of bombings of private and public properties has decreased to a major extent.kudos to the Nigerian Army,JTF,and the northern youth vigilantes who have decided to fight back.

cheesy Really?
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 26, 2013
Redoil: How are we going to push gej out of asorock. If you know that this is bad news to ur ear like this.

[size=15pt]

cry What is this one saying?

[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by mike404(m): 7:53am On Jun 26, 2013
cheesy
Ijogz K: I wonder what Buhari would make use of as his campaign strategy?

NB: I use to be in support of Buhari before ohhh, until I heard his lame comparism btw Niger Delta Militants and blood sucking Boko Haram.
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 26, 2013
emmysenior: Perhaps, they should do forensic analysis of the finger prints on those devices and identify those demons who had once operated it.

Who knows, some unthinkable might happen and people like Buhari, Ndume or any bizarre twist story might arise.

Victoria asserta

equipments wey jtf go dun use gragra-gra carry?

Besides, we don't have that database, save for the ones we used for sim registration
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 26, 2013
emmysenior:

[size=15pt]

cry What is this one saying?

[/size]

I am not really sure, but it seems she is saying that the news is not good, because with this kind of news, it won't be easy to "push" presido out of Aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by dhardline(m): 9:15am On Jun 26, 2013
emmysenior:

cheesy Really?
yea.they are making alot of head way.
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by igbsam(m): 9:20am On Jun 26, 2013
And they said western education is a sin, yet they use stuffs produced by the same westerners. Deluded bunch of shitheads.

Kill them all jor! I just love the sound of this when it comes to matters of boko haram

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 26, 2013
dhardline: Am really certain that this SOE is working cause the rate of bombings of private and public properties has decreased to a major extent.kudos to the Nigerian Army,JTF,and the northern youth vigilantes who have decided to fight back.

It has not decreased, it has stopped. When was the last time you heard of a bomb blast in the north since the SoE?
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by eduson33(m): 9:35am On Jun 26, 2013
Dont forget that some of these stories are framed.

this is a world of politics.

more stories=no more american drones into naija

more success= GEJ 2015

iraq,afghan TERRORIST=oil

syria=no oil= keep fighting

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 26, 2013
Any member of BH should be shot dead..no need for arrest or trial..damn human rights..they shld be killed
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by fitzmayowa: 9:40am On Jun 26, 2013
Redoil: : How are we going to push gej out of asorock. If you know that this is bad news to ur ear like this.

I have confirmed report that the guy above, just loaned out his brain...Its not by force to comment mtscheew

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by dplomaticVal: 9:42am On Jun 26, 2013
Why chasing rats
whn ur house z on fire ni
They shld capture and obliterate members
of thiz deadly insurgents and
not their worthless property.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 26, 2013
This is gr8 news. Lyk somebody said b4. "more guns to ur bullet" sorry I meant more bullet to ur guns JTF
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Capableben(m): 9:43am On Jun 26, 2013
emmysenior: Perhaps, they should do forensic analysis of the finger prints on those devices and identify those demons who had once operated it.

Victoria asserta
am glad dat dis operation is yielding positive results........ i skul @ yola
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Iceprincehkn(m): 9:44am On Jun 26, 2013
D end of dis BH revolt is within grasp
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by 3ace(m): 9:45am On Jun 26, 2013
If this Boko haram leader doesn't repent or move out, he will just end up like Osama and other terrorist leaders. It is obvious they are really feeling the heat. JTF, abeg increase the temperature jo!
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by kabba7(m): 9:53am On Jun 26, 2013
please can someone please post the video containing the statements being claimed to have being made by Gen Mohamadu Buhari here because he has refused to react to these allegations ,I don't believe a word of the statement for now the only one I saw was on the monkey and dog played on AIT which to me was a very correct statement warning those who might be planning election rigging
though am aware some sections of Nigeria will start insults its ok but I want to see the video if you are sure what you are peddling is not trash , this however should not be construed to mean i support violent but we as a people must start telling the truth.
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by CUIzundu(m): 9:56am On Jun 26, 2013
Ladies n Gents, u shud try watching "IRIS".Its a seasonal movie,but I assure u dat afta watching d movie, You'll really understand wot iz really goin on in terrorized countries like "naija"...
Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by visalo: 9:58am On Jun 26, 2013
Pinkybush: There's no need paying JTF or buying weapons for them again. They should stop all these jokes they are playing on nigerians. How can they keep arresting! Arresting!! Arresting!!! boko haram members without killing them? Then what was the aim of sending them (JTF) there? How will the remaining boko haram members take them (JTF) serious? They jtf are just there in those 3 states to perform drama and not to fight terrorist.

Man alot of things are happening. Military will never come to public to own up to any killing. What you will hear is just arresting, but i can tell you bullets are flying around the boko boys

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by omiobo: 10:02am On Jun 26, 2013
Good job!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram’s Video Equipment, Computers Seized by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 26, 2013
Capableben:
am glad dat dis operation is yielding positive results........ i skul @ yola
where do you school in yola? I also graduated from one of the institutions in Yola.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Criticise Buhari And Get Away With It - Ayo Sogunro / ECOWAS Court Adjourns Nnamdi Kanu’s Human Right Case Against FG / Details of President Buhari's investment meeting with Japan Bank, Toyota emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.