Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds (28559 Views)

$15bn Oil Deal: Why Indian High Commissioner Is After Me – Alison-madue / Nigerian Army Can’t Defeat Boko Haram Alone – UK High Commissioner / Dimka’s Coup; Obasanjo, Danjuma Are Cowards – UK High Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by texaco1: 11:42am On Jun 26, 2013
50calibre:

Typical poor/hungry man, he takes pride in his hunger, 300k is a big money for him. If you weren't a hungry man, you won't talk of investing a paltry 300k, that's not even worth as much as my Mac.

Poverty is a deadly disease. There is a wide gap between the mindset of the rich and the poor.
u lacck exposure ,so until u have 1million naira abi before u can do something meaningful?when ppl are starting imporation business ,poultry and many other things with just a mearge amount.you are the one with a slave brain that needs deliverance i will rather stay in africa with my 3000 pounds and turn it over with dignity and pride than for me to go to uk and start white man shit and dishes
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by djsmoothy: 11:45am On Jun 26, 2013
texaco1:
i still dont understand why people are so keen on uk visa.why on earth will i spend 500k to go and be washing dishes and toilets in another man country,when i can invest 300k here in africa and make 3times profit
Bro is not all about the money why people come here sometimes for security i can tell you i sleep at night without fear of armed robber and other bad stuff, good road all the basic amenities that our gov should give us i think this is why some people come here, i know money is in nigeria i have biz bringing money for me in nigeria more than U.K but 4 yrs ago when i came to nigeria i was robbed by people dressed in police uniform @ okota i had gun pointed at my head they took everything from me, not that this does not happen in U.K but at least you know police will check CCTV and try and look for bad people. Now going back to the bond trust me it will not work we are here in the london and i can tell you she said it to let people know they are doing something about immigration that's all
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by texaco1: 11:46am On Jun 26, 2013
dekingboy:

Did u not read about the imposition of £2000 bond on uk immigrants by GEJ last week.What then do you think is the force that could make oyinbo give nija this kind of attention.
my boss i just searched google now for that piece of information pls can u kindly paste the link?
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by AlPicapcI(m): 11:48am On Jun 26, 2013
50calibre:

Typical poor/hungry man, he takes pride in his hunger, 300k is a big money for him. If you weren't a hungry man, you won't talk of investing a paltry 300k, that's not even worth as much as my Mac.

Poverty is a deadly disease. There is a wide gap between the mindset of the rich and the poor.
Cali, u flopped bigtime, lemme blow ur mind, all the big businesses of today starts small except you are either a theft of a government parastal which we all know wats up, in this conquest, you are the hungry and penuriated mind around here. dish washing mac owner.

1 Like

Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by texaco1: 11:50am On Jun 26, 2013
djsmoothy:
Bro is not all about the money why people come here sometimes for security i can tell you i sleep at night without fear of armed robber and other bad stuff, good road all the basic amenities that our gov should give us i think this is why some people come here, i know money is in nigeria i have biz bringing money for me in nigeria more than U.K but 4 yrs ago when i came to nigeria i was robbed by people dressed in police uniform @ okota i had gun pointed at my head they took everything from me, not that this does not happen in U.K but at least you know police will check CCTV and try and look for bad people. Now going back to the bond trust me it will not work we are here in the london and i can tell you she said it to let people know they are doing something about immigration that's all
thank u my brother and i will agree with u on ur points .
ur reasons are exactly the same reasons i left nigeria but i refused to go to a place i will become an illegal immigrant.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by 50calibre(m): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2013
texaco1:
u lacck exposure ,so until u have 1million naira abi before u can do something meaningful?when ppl are starting imporation business ,poultry and many other things with just a mearge amount.you are the one with a slave brain that needs deliverance i will rather stay in africa with my 3000 pounds and turn it over with dignity and pride than for me to go to uk and start white man shit and dishes

Well i dont, i cant and will never wash white man sh*t or plates, so that's not directed at me.

You forget that not every immigrant goes to work, some go for spending spree, and if you weren't too hungry, you would know that 300k is pocket change for most guys, club money. And as for those who wash white man's sh*t, don't blame them, if your government wasn't to inept and heartless, they wouldn't have resorted too demeaning jobs.

Poor people think of money before traveling, rich people travel for fun.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Myself2(m): 11:52am On Jun 26, 2013
Redoil: So the britons they fear gej gov't like this.

That na because GEJ doesn't give a damn,he will just slam a bond fee of £30,000 on Britons applying for 6 months visa to Nigeria (and I'm yet to see a Briton with a shorter duration)visa
Those conservative Brits wey full Naija and wey no dey like spend money,them go just hear wehhhn

Truth be told,GEJ no true true send those countries
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by texaco1: 11:52am On Jun 26, 2013
Al PicapcI:
Cali, u flopped bigtime, lemme blow ur mind, all the big businesses of today starts small except you are either a theft of a government parastal which we all know wats up, in this conquest, you are the hungry and penuriated mind around here. dish washing mac owner.
dont mind that guy,he is calling 2000 pound chicken change .it is not his fault ,let him go to uk and see how easy it is to save 2k pounds sterlin
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 26, 2013
Dewze:

you guys shld be reasonable with ur assessment of things. What if it was d other way around. Wht wld Nigerua ve done. This country is setting up protectionism measures 4 themselves and u r here crying fowl.

U ve a situation where Nigerians go there and over stay their terms of agreement, then bcome a costly nuisance to them and u think there is nothing wrong with tht. We r still crying over the negative effects of illigal immigrants from the North in our country Nigeria. Most Nigerians are screaming for the borders to be closed. There is nothing wrong with this. But you feel others shld not protect themselves simply because ur country is poor and theirs is rich.

Advise ur country men to stay put and develop their homeland, then u wont ve to be embarrased by policies like this.

If u r confident tht u ll not overstay ur agreement then pay the money and it ll be given back to u when u keep ur part of the bargain.

Nigeria did this to itself not the UK.

I bet your glass was off your eyes when you went through my comment. Did you not see that the man only made fictitious statements as regards this issue?

Don't you think he wanted to play smart by trying to confuse the minister with english?

Or did you not see where I hammered on the standard of living in Nigeria?

Which part do you not understand?

Abeg shut the fxck up and never you quote me again.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by bolayei: 11:54am On Jun 26, 2013
£3k bond to come to a country that the fact that you can afford to buy return ticket from nigeria means you are better off financial than most of its citizens? let me ask what is here to enjoy after the person pays this bond? is it sightseeing in central london on the tour bus? or the little towns and villages that only have town centres. Uk WILL ONLY HOLD YOU DOWN AND TURN YOU TO HUMAN ROBOT DOING THE SAMETHING DIFFERENT DAYS. This country wey i dey so na only suffering and smiling them dey do na for here (England) Baba Fela get the inspiration sufering and smiling
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by free2ryhme: 11:55am On Jun 26, 2013
Pipsland78: Racists!!
you shld atleast say what is "racist" without sounding like a fool
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 26, 2013
50calibre:

lol, dude made an open minded statement and here you are getting all searing hot, truth remains most immigrants do manual jobs.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by bolayei: 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
50calibre:

Well i dont, i cant and will never wash white man sh*t or plates, so that's not directed at me.

You forget that not every immigrant goes to work, some go for spending spree, and if you weren't too hungry, you would know that 300k is pocket change for most guys, club money. And as for those who wash white man's sh*t, don't blame them, if your government wasn't to inept and heartless, they wouldn't have resorted to demeaning jobs.

Its people like you that dont have anything, most guys that make money will not spend that much on a night out but guys with money does. And who comes here for shopping spree? oh u mean primark i swear down the money i used to take shopping in naija when i was still in school, pass the amount wey this so called shoppers of primark dey spend when dem come here and go back to nigeria and give my average well to do nigerian the impression say na suffer him dey for nigeria like say enjoyment dey uk. Na people like us enjoy uk, If you are not here from age 17-27 there is nothing like flexing and when did shopping become flexing?
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Dewze(m): 12:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
50calibre:

You forget that not every immigrant goes to work, some go for spending spree, and if you weren't too hungry, you would know that 300k is pocket change for most guys, club money. And as for those who wash white man's sh*t, don't blame them, if your government wasn't to inept and heartless, they wouldn't have resorted too demeaning jobs.

'Rich people(kids)' waist 300K in the clubs and in the hands of foreign nations in the name of 'traveling for fun'.
'Rich minds' invest 300K for the benefit of themselves, their families and their homeland.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by coogar: 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
PM question is on TV now...
nothing has been asked concerning bonds from high-risk countries. i still wonder how these politicians rule with the way they jeer in the house. they all look drunken to me.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by texaco1: 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
Dewze:

'Rich people(kids)' waist 300K in the clubs and in the hands of foreign nations in the name of 'traveling for fun'.
'Rich minds' invest 300K for the benefit of themselves, their families and their homeland.
forget that boy,he is underage ,and he is still collecting free money from his parents .very soon his eye will clear
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by slimfit1(m): 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
Pipsland78: Racists!!

There is nothing racist about it please the racist card will not work here. They don't want corrupt minded people like you all in there country. Repair your own country first.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by jposuagwu: 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
If Britain try anything, we will retaliate in greater measure. If they collect one pound from our people, we will collect 100 pounds from their people. It is called balance of antagonism.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by slimfit1(m): 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
coogar: PM question is on TV now...
nothing has been asked concerning bonds from high-risk countries. i still wonder how these politicians rule with the way they jeer in the house. they all look drunken to me.

Yet things still work for them on some certain levels far way better than our own sober legislatures. It's the results that matter please all what you are saying is gibberish.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by djsmoothy: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
jposuagwu: If Britain try anything, we will retaliate in greater measure. If they collect one pound from our people, we will collect 100 pounds from their people. It is called balance of antagonism.
everyone is saying we will retaliate the question is when the british people pay the money where will it go inside the pocket of the corrupt gov minister i do not support the bond on nigeria or any country but just trying to say at least they will take the money from the bond and use it to improve the NHS and other department(if you overstay your visit) but please ask our own country men what will they do with the U.K visitor money
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
I no blame those useless uk government,na our country wey corruption of d highest other dn finish nd wey beta develpmnt no dey if not waitin 4 dey inspire nigerians to entr such tax-colector country?mtchewwwww
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by 50calibre(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
texaco1:
forget that boy,he is underage ,and he is still collecting free money from his parents .very soon his eye will clear

So I'm underage because I said 300k is small for some people? Ok tell me, how / where can someone invest 300k, an investment that would yield dividends enough to worth you time and attention. Tell me, maybe I could learn.

You talk as if I don't know the value investment or enterprise whereas in actuality, I do. The fact of the matter is, gone are the days people built empires from nothing, these days are different. To succeed in business ( depending on the business) today you need capital, huge capital.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by AlPicapcI(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
Dewze:

Abeg wash that brat away, he's still a mom's pet, talking about club going with 300k, let him not save or invest instead of growing silos in his kindneys or find sometin doing before he ends up like his brother "OJB or OBJ" beging for money...mtchw
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Moralistli(m): 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
Just doing his job: Diplomacy!

Yea, and they never take chances ''blocking loopholes''
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by coogar: 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
slim fit :

Yet things still work for them on some certain levels far way better than our own sober legislatures. It's the results that matter please all what you are saying is gibberish.

our legislators are not sober, they are just tomfools. either way, a drunken genius is better than a fool.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by 50calibre(m): 12:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
bolayei:

Its people like you that dont have anything, most guys that make money will not spend that much on a night out but guys with money does. And who comes here for shopping spree? oh u mean primark i swear down the money i used to take shopping in naija when i was still in school, pass the amount wey this so called shoppers of primark dey spend when dem come here and go back to nigeria and give my average well to do nigerian the impression say na suffer him dey for nigeria like say enjoyment dey uk. Na people like us enjoy uk, If you are not here from age 17-27 there is nothing like flexing and when did shopping become flexing?

Lol you underestimate some Nigerians. Many Nigerians who come for shopping don't even near primark. Primark to them is a defamation of their social status, budget shopping.

I'm talking about high end stores like Matalan, Next, even Harrods. I'm personally not a fan of clubbing, where I spend my own money is on games and consoles but I personally know more than 3 guys who rack up bills of up to £800- £1000 per night, buying Ace of spades and don perignons. I'm not saying that's good, just saying dont underestimate Nigerians.

I've seen some crazy things.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by texaco1: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
50calibre:

So I'm underage because I said 300k is small for some people? Ok tell me, how / where can someone invest 300k, an investment that would yield dividends enough to worth you time and attention. Tell me, maybe I could learn.

You talk as if I don't know the value investment or enterprise whereas in actuality, I do. The fact of the matter is, gone are the days people built empires from nothing, these days are different. To succeed in business ( depending on the business) today you need capital, huge capital.
good now u are talking nicely and we
can now exchange ideas
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
50calibre:

Lol you underestimate some Nigerians. Many Nigerians who come for shopping don't even near primark. Primark to them is a defamation of their social status, budget shopping.

I'm talking about high end stores like Matalan, Next, even Harrods. I'm personally not a fan of clubbing, where I spend my own money is on games and consoles but I personally know more than 3 guys who rack up bills of up to £800- £1000 per night, buying Ace of spades and don perignons. I'm not saying that's good, just saying dont underestimate Nigerians.

Lol r u sure you've been to the UK?

Matalan and Next are definitely not 'High-end Stores'

I'm soo sure you are a freshie grin
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
50calibre:

For where ? shocked shocked grin
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Lol r u sure you've been to the UK?

Matalan and Next are definitely not 'High-end Stores'

I'm soo sure you are a freshie grin

Hahahahahaha
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by Moralistli(m): 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
Moreover, Nigeria is not the only country affected, about three countries in Asia including India and pakistan will be affected if this Britoco's scheme eventually scale through.
Re: UK High Commissioner Explains The £3,000 Visa Bonds by kalohkaloh: 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
Will the bond yield interest for the number of days it is with the British people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ekiti: Police Disperse APC Lawmakers With Teargas / Nigerian Crude Takes New Hit As Buyers Turn To Cheaper Russian Grade / Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.