Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 (28548 Views)

Police Declare State Of Emergency In Kaduna / Declare State Of Emergency In Rivers State – Adesanya To Buhari / Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by ambrosini593(m): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2012
ENUGU—A pro-Biafra group, Biafra Zionist Movement, BZM, announced, yesterday, that it had commenced the process to launch the struggle for a State of Biafra with the international community, saying that the formal declaration of the new Biafra Republic had been slated for November 5.

This came as Conference of Igbo Youth Organizations, CIYO, warned that Ndigbo “would no longer watch in silence while our brothers and sisters are slaughtered like animals” in the Northern States.

National President of BZM, Benjamin Onwuka, at a briefing said what prevented the realization of Biafra republic over the years was the inability to get the support of world powers, like the United States of America to back the project.

“As we approach the end of 13 years since the mobilization and struggle for Biafran Independence began under the aegis of MASSOB and other groups, the people of Biafra have not made much effort in realizing our dreams because the struggle has been internalized since 1999,” Onwuka said.

He expressed regrets that the international community did not know the aspirations of the Biafra people, saying “Biafra must therefore be internationalized because the forces preventing the dreams for our independence are vested in the United Kingdom.

Biafra can only be achieved when we secure the support of the United States of America; the day USA comes to our side, that day we shall be free from Nigeria; the story of South Sudan where a bloody civil war was fought for over 24 years is a typical example.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/group-to-declare-state-of-biafra-nov-5/
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by egift(m): 7:14am On Jul 11, 2012
While for me the declaration of Biafra may seem good if well planned and backed by adequate force, I am more inclined to Ndigbo remaining part of Nigeria and put in more effort in developing Ali Igbo.

This type of segmented efforts can only make things worse for Umu Igbo around the country. B[b]ecoming a strong, vibrate economic region in Nigeria is still the best option for us.[/b] Though the way Ohaneze and other orchestrated the 2011 support for Jonathan was a big disappointment handed down to the South East.

6 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 11, 2012
Nigeria police will take care of them. grin

16 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 11, 2012
LOL How I wish I could LMAO @~Blue's post, but igbo_boy go see am na. grin

So let me jeje waka till our deal is off sad embarassed
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 11, 2012
grin shocked grin kiss cry tongue
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by saintneo(m): 7:22am On Jul 11, 2012
egift: While for me the declaration of Biafra may seem good if well planned and backed by adequate force, I am more inclined to Ndigbo remaining part of Nigeria and put in more effort in developing Ali Igbo.

This type of segmented efforts can only make things worse for Umu Igbo around the country. B[b]ecoming a strong, vibrate economic region in Nigeria is still the best option for us.[/b] Though the way Ohaneze and other orchestrated the 2011 support for Jonathan was a big disappointment handed down to the South East.
I dey laugh like Obasanjo o! egift, from you previous post, you are from kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
LOL How I wish I could LMAO @~Blue's post, but igbo_boy go see am na. grin

So let me jeje waka till our deal is off sad embarassed

You had a deal with ibos ? Tell me about it.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 11, 2012
If only they could do it without guided missiles, like in the sixties. I really don't wanna die before testing out the Microsoft Surface pc.

4 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Lisa1: 8:11am On Jul 11, 2012

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 8:31am On Jul 11, 2012
SimonAndal: If only they could do it without guided missiles, like in the sixties. I really don't wanna die before testing out the Microsoft Surface pc.
Lmao

@topic
You can't just wake up and declare Biafra without putting some things in place. They have to talk with people, countries and bodies that matter in the world before declaring anything.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by GAR3TH(m): 8:36am On Jul 11, 2012
I'm more interested in the territorial boundaries....which I know will start wide spread debates...which in the end will determine if biafra lives or if JTF shows up on Nov 5

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Lmao

@topic
You can't just wake up and declare Biafra without putting some things in place. They have to talk with people, countries and bodies that matter in the world before declaring anything.

What if they have been doing that all these while ? Besides,oju-iku didnt do much consultation before single-handedly declare the state of biafara.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 8:38am On Jul 11, 2012
GAR3TH: I'm more interested in the territorial boundaries....which I know will start wide spread debates...which in the end will determine if biafra lives or if JTF shows up on Nov 5
Territorial boundaries will pose a serious problem.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by aljharem(m): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2012
I pray that God guilds all of us.

One question, what territory would be part of this new biafra. I did not like the old map as Itsekiris and Ilajes(both yoruba) were part of.

I rather see a larger territory like Benue joining rather than any part of kogi or western delta.

This group should park well o !!!! I am in support of it and any well meaning Nigerian should support it. If a group of people don't want to be part of Nigeria, they have every right to do so.

Biafra can be decleared with her former territories but please remove western delta and added benue so it would also be a Christian republic. Best wishes smiley smiley smileyI hope to travel to the new country of biafra by next year.

4 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 8:40am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

What if they have been doing that all these while ? Besides,oju-iku didnt do much consultation before single-handedly declare the state of biafara.
If they have been doing it all these while, then we would have heard of it. Except they've been talking to the wrong people.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by egift(m): 8:41am On Jul 11, 2012
saintneo: I dey laugh like Obasanjo o! egift, from you previous post, you are from kaduna.

Me Kaduna, since when

Am a correct Onyi Igbo. Just that I also have a Nationalist view. If Ndi Igbo can build, develop and industrialize Ali Igbo (for me) its far better than pursuing a separate country. The later, come with a lot of tooth-arch and challenges. Anyone that tells you its simple is a bloody liar.

Also I believe a one united Nigeria, under a good leadership is better than any other option. Just wish the Adamu in Abuja can just do his work and stop playing tinko with the lives of Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
If they have been doing it all these while, then we would have heard of it. Except they've been talking to the wrong people.

You can never tell only if this new group is craving for attention.the big question is''how many ibos really want a landlocked biafran state'' ?

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 8:43am On Jul 11, 2012
alj harem: I pray that God guilds all of us.

One question, what territory would be part of this new biafra. I did not like the old map as Itsekiris and Ilajes(both yoruba) were part of.

I rather see a larger territory like Benue joining rather than any part of kogi or western delta.

This group should park well o !!!! I am in support of it and any well meaning Nigerian should support it. If a group of people don't want to be part of Nigeria, they have every right to do so.

Biafra can be decleared with her former territories but please remove western delta and added benue so it would also be a Christian republic. Best wishes smiley smiley smileyI hope to travel to the new country of biafra by next year.
You don't come from any of these places, so i don't think you have a right to decide where is removed and where is not. leave that to the Western Delta and Itshekiri/Ilaje people to decide. As for me i would want an Igbo only country as Biafra, so that problems of marginalization will never crop up. I hate that word.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 8:45am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You can never tell only if this new group is craving for attention.the big question is''how many ibos really want a landlocked biafran state'' ?
So many people prefer a landlocked country than a bokoharam and corruption infested country.

4 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
So many people prefer a landlocked country than a bokoharam and corruption infested country.

Ibos are not only in the north but also in the SW.will you leave yorubaland for a landlocked biafra ?

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 8:50am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Ibos are not only in the north but also in the SW.will you leave yorubaland for a landlocked biafra ?
Some will leave and those that remain there will be treated as foreigners.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by aljharem(m): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
You don't come from any of these places, so i don't think you have a right to decide where is removed and where is not. leave that to the Western Delta and Itshekiri/Ilaje people to decide. As for me i would want an Igbo only country as Biafra, so that problems of marginalization will never crop up. I hate that word.

I can speak for them as they are yoruba groups and I am yoruba. Can Essex people speak independently from UK ? No

Can white american speak independently of USA ? No !

I just said Ilaje and Itsekiri so as to remind some of those that don't know there history or territories. IN THE REAL SENSE I SHOULD HAVE SAID YORUBAS IN DELTA. Sorry my mistake

An Igbo only country would be good as well if Biafra so wishes. That is up to biafra and her neigbours to decide, I was just making clear cut/ ensuring everyone inculding me got our head screwed on tight so we can enjoy a good bilateral relationship with each other.

I see a great country in baifra. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2012
@ Topic..

The gods did not sanction this move... It will surely fail..

I advice all the good people of Igbo land to stay away from the path of these BZM people.. They are the proverbial 'man whom the gods want kill, they first make mad'..

Be warned, if they do not desist from this action, there shall be blood.. And the blood shall be ours..

The gods have spoken...

2 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by aljharem(m): 8:52am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:

Nope they would not, they would be treated as part and parcel of odua with all the full benefits of a welfare state.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:

Those you think will become foreigners will be the majority that wont support a landlocked biafran state.Btw,will you consider a referendum for double confirmation ?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 8:55am On Jul 11, 2012
alj harem:

I can speak for them as they are yoruba groups and I am yoruba. Can Essex people speak independently from UK ? No

Can white american speak independently of USA ? No !

I just said Ilaje and Itsekiri so as to remind some of those that don't know there history or territories. IN THE REAL SENSE I SHOULD HAVE SAID YORUBAS IN DELTA. Sorry my mistake

An Igbo only country would be good as well if Biafra so wishes. That is up to biafra and her neigbours to decide, I was just making clear cut/ ensuring everyone inculding me got our head screwed on tight so we can enjoy a good bilateral relationship with each other.

I see a great country in baifra. smiley

No, you can't speak for them. Do you think because i'm Igbo that i can speak for Onitsha people? I can't even speak for my village because people have different opinions and know what they want.

Thanks for acknowledging that Biafra will be a great country. I think every region in Nigeria all have the potential to be great too. Nigeria is drawing everyone back.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju: @ Topic..

The gods did not sanction this move... It will surely fail..

I advice all the good people of Igbo land to stay away from the path of these BZM people.. They are the proverbial 'man whom the gods want kill, they first make mad'..

Be warned, if they do not desist from this action, there shall be blood.. And the blood shall be ours..

The gods have spoken...

Which of the gods ? Amadioha ? grin

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 8:57am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Those you think will become foreigners will be the majority that wont support a landlocked biafran state.Btw,will you consider a referendum for double confirmation ?
Majority of Igbos live in Igboland so, stop the delusion.

Of course a referendum will be conducted and i hope it's not rigged.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by dannysoya: 8:58am On Jul 11, 2012
LOL this s a complete joke. A landlocked country that will have to deal with Boko Haram on their own. FYI just because you want to declare a country does not mean that the physical land is now automatically separated from everyone else.

Secondly, you're going to have to start from scratch forming a new government, drafting a new constitution. You can sure that there will be a lot of infighting and you are doing ALL THIS while bothering about the threat of Boko Haram.

Finally, I am not so sure that many countries will recognize the republic of Biafra. Only four countries recognized the "republic" the last time they tried this nonsense. The big boys are also dealing with separatism in their countries ( UK is dealing with Scotland, US is dealing with Alaska, Canada is dealing with Quebec, China is dealing with Tibet, Russia is dealing with Chechnya). If they recognize your country it will mean that they are supporting separatism and will start up a shitstorm in their respective countries. I urge you to think twice before trying this. It is most likely that this will not end well.

We are all in this together. We do not hate the igbos (like most of them like to think). Trying to run away will do you NO FAVOURS. It will just compound your problem. Let us fight Boko Haram together.

20 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by gegee(m): 9:01am On Jul 11, 2012
Make them leave ijaw territories out of this 1 o wats d use of exchanging ur minority status in nigeria for a minority status in biafra

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Majority of Igbos live in Igboland so, stop the delusion.

Of course a referendum will be conducted and i hope it's not rigged.

If ibos are migratory in nature,how can a majority of them still live in iboland ? Have you conduct a census to prove otherwise ?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by aljharem(m): 9:02am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
No, you can't speak for them. Do you think because i'm Igbo that i can speak for Onitsha people? I can't even speak for my village because people have different opinions and know what they want.

Thanks for acknowledging that Biafra will be a great country. I think every region in Nigeria all have the potential to be great too. Nigeria is drawing everyone back.

bros afam, that is you and the Igbo culture which promotes independence. Yoruba culture is different from that and you know this. Yes I can speak for them as they can speak for me. Dayokanu and co are not Aworis/Ogus and they can speak behalf of us so bros if you are in doubt, wait and watch.

Yes baifra would be a great country but just like every region, baifra economy would be small and I see a lot of migration, asylum etc from every region/mini country including baifra.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nasiru Salisu Zango Rejects N700,000 Bribe To Kill A Story In Kano. Photos / Osinbajo Orders 24 Hours Power Supply For Ariaria Market Aba / Who Is The Best Or Worst Governor In The South South.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.