Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,292 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car (19813 Views)

Nigeria Car Manufacturer Innoson Official Website. / Finally, A Made In Nigeria Car - And It's Like The Hummer Jeep! / What Happened To Izuogu’s Z-600 Nigeria Made Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by fr3do(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
Emusan: All of you we soon begin to patronize made in Nigeria by the time I invent my own engine that doesn't use petrol, diesel or battery. Just AIR & Water!

just water from normal hydrogen and air!
It defiles physics and chemistry.
Heat of formation of water is negative.air is inert,u can only do work on them,they cant do work for u.

1 Like

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by fr3do(m): 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
'I cant drive a nigerian'
Nonsense!
Ohh,how we have so little faith in ourselves,and we expect a better Nigeria.
If the Japanese,Germans... reacted this way to their first cars,do u think they would be exporting for us to buy?

2 Likes

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Bleszin(f): 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
Accident nd instant death ova sure wit dis box dey call car..LOL
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by telim: 5:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
NAC is not a private company. what do you expect from them? Nothing but mismanagement of fund as usual. The management of NAC lacks the skills to carry out the necessary research that will aid in the development of nigerian modern made vehicles. The z-600 died because the management of NAC was not ready to channel their resources toward the manufacturing of the said model and were more intersted in strategies that will allow the flow of cash in to the managements pocket, since they often complains of being under funded by the FG. Privatization is the key to the development of crucial sectors of nigeria e.g automobile,energy, health etc as most sectors being managed by goverment are made up of staffs that are corrupt and lack the skills required to take it to the next level.It will be of great benefit to all nigerians if FG comes up with policies that will bring about a huge Demand in INNOSON car manufacturing co.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by everyday: 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
This is how china started long time ago.I do pray that one day Nigeria will follow suit

1 Like

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by InvertedHammer: 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
/

Z600 is DOA

INNOSON has taken over.

This is 2013

//
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by loswhite(m): 5:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
solomon111: stop talking nonsense.
The only parts gotten abroad are the engines.
Everything else is fabricated in Nigeria.
is it not the engine dat is d main challenge of a car

1 Like

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
Intrepid!:
Nigerians are too brand conscious. We would rather drive a Hyundai or Mazda than patronize an Innoson car. This woulda been Dead On Arrival, unfortunately.

LET ME ASK U A FEW QUESTION
1. IF U HAD 2 MILLION 2 BUY A CAR WHICH WOULD YOU BUY? INNOSON/Z600 OR TOYOTA/BENZ?
2. WHICH CAR ARE U CURRENTLY DRIVING?

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2013
ABEG NO B BY 4CE TO USE A NAIJA MADE CAR
THAT I DO NOT DRIVE INNOSON CARS DOESNT
MEAN IM UNPATRIOTIC IT SIMPLY MEANS
IM REALISTC.
I CAN SUPPORT MAZI INNOSON WITHOUT
BUYING HS CAR

2 Likes

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by flyforall: 6:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
I'm sure all NAC cares about is their 12billion annually. I won't be surprised if it was the competition that hired thieves to go rob ezeugo....smh
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Henrypraise: 6:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
D govt can start by first makin nigeria made cars, official vehicles, and also promptin companies to use dem as official cars (instead of toyota Hilux) whilst givin dem ultimatums to improve just as wat hitler did. Dis act will provide a suitable take off ground for manufacturers n investors hu wants to dive into d sector.

1 Like

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by omoredia: 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
jackbauersballs: I know I wouldn't want to drive that Box on wheels

What are you driving at present? Nothing! U cant even drive yourself to do anything meanful with ur pathetic life!
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by waldigit: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
Okeikpu: I heard dat 75% of Nigerian citizen.. r not normal ,could it be b'cos of corruption or something else?? And their comments here confirmed everything.

you may be right there but I tell you it borders around core value and misplaced priority issues plaging our collective existence. The scipture said all that out of the abundace of the earth the mouth speaketh.

1 Like

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by samkoro: 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
The story behind the Z-6oo is one that I'm very conversant with.I personaly saw the car driven around Owerri on the day of its launch depicts.I also knew the lecturer behind it years before he built that car in his workshop at Orji ,Owerri.Izuogu's passion for science and technology is one that makes a man cry in a nation that desires to move backwards rather than forward.

The Z-600 is a story that reveals a certain part of the Nigerian spirit of retrogression rather than progress.It was an epitome of it.Its a story of tears.Its a story all well meaning Nigerian should learn from.I will summarise what and why it happened.

Z-600 was a product of yrs of research/hardwork by this quitessential engr. In his laboratory(Radio Lab ltd /Izuogu motors ltd).The prototype was then launched by Gen. Oladipo Diya in 1997.The propsed a budget of 100million naira to the federal and state gov.(Millitary) for the building of the plant than can competively produce considerable numbers monthly.But no one cared.

Thabo Mbeki of south Africa and senegalese gov sent delegations to him to lure him to south Africa and senegal respectively.

Sam Momoh(then science minister) lead a high powered delegation to his workshop to probe his work for three days.He was given a good letter of reccommendation after the visit.

On march 2006 his workshop was raided by heavily armed men who carted away machinery,tools,design history,mass production plan,moulds for car parts,engine block mould,crank shaft moulds and all files pertaining to his 18yrs of work towards Z-600.Some of the mould took him 10yrs to design.

Izuogu attributed these misfortune to ethnic politic--because Abacha's government questioned
--"why must it be Igbo". The same way Gowon narrow mindedly frustrated PRODA by taking it over and refusing to finance many patents that were developed there.

After the civil war also,Major Samuel Ogbemudia(former administrator of the then Bendel state) gathered former Biafran scientist that worked in the Biafran RAP -research and production and took them to UNIBEN to perform wonders for the state in the area of remote sensing,gas refining,oil refining etc.Gowon quickly gave him an ultimatum to disband the group or be recalled to the barracks.Gowon told Ogbemudia "that the war continues.

Ironicaly U.S and Russia are great today because they used captured German scientists to build their nuclear Arsenal,rockets and space programme.America used captured German nuclear scientist to speed up the developement of the bomb they used on Japan.

Von Braun,the man that built V-rockets for Hitler became the first to head NASA.

Today "every" Nigerian has a mobile phone-the benefit of satelite communication made possible by space travel acheived by NASA,that was headed by Von Braun.

What a benefit it would have been for everyone if Nigeria did likewise

Obama once said :"there is no limit to what one can achieve if one doesn't care about who benefits.

We should understand that a factory in Sokoto possess a multiplier effect that could reach Port Harcourt.

5 Likes

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by samkoro: 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
Bleszin: Accident nd instant death ova sure wit dis box dey call car..LOL

U sound like an empty woman. A woman of easy virtue, I think.

1 Like

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by samkoro: 9:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
Many are so ignorant they don't know what a prototype means.

A prototype(1997) is not mearnt to be beautiful.As far as that car is concerned,the real thing is the perormance.The final All-NeW-product could be more beautifull than a 2013 kia Rio or optima.

That prototype is far more beautifull than prototypes of Ford,toyota etc before there proper production.

Note tha I'm not talking abt Concept Cars but PROTOTYPE.

Poor ignorant people.

We still thank God that Innosson is producing SUVs and buses today.Peter Obi recently bought and distributed more than a hundred to traditional rulers.

3 Likes

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by chronique(m): 9:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
Now,who the phuck is gonna drive dat thing that looks like breaking into pieces with the slightest touch? This is 2013 not 1655 for God sake. If you're gonna design a car for people who are exposed to modern automobiles,then you do it properly. This one here would be better off for people transporting goods from the farm to the market in the village. Yeah,I support the idea of a made in Nigeria car and if it's tastefully designed and built,I'd love to own one. But don't sell mediocrity to me under the guise of being patriotic or supporting locally made goods. I don't see how this car will pass the ISO safety standards that modern day cars must have before being released into the market. If this car is crashed while being tested,will it meet safety requirements? What are the safety features included in it to protect passengers incase of fatal accidents? You don't just build a box and fit it with tyres and call it a car and ask people to buy it. The design alone shows it's not likely going to be safe driving in. Pls,let's not support mediocrity because we want to patronise local goods. Let our local engineers work hard to produce something that we can be proud to call "made in Nigeria". This(car pictured above) should rather serve as an artifact;not a car for the road.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Miles78(f): 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
emmanuel4758: oboi to drive dis type of car na disgrace oboi c car our ancestors dey drive b4, dis people wan introduce dis chakilikpo again abeg if dem produce dat car make dem export d car to south african cuz na dem go fit drive dis typoooh ...
My friend, SA is not ur scrap yard abi u wan make I tell u the gullible recipients of expired, fairly used, throw away goods?? SA doesnt import cars bcoz them VW, BMW and Toyota have their plants there. Capito
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by chronique(m): 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2013
I'm afraid that you are the one who's probably ignorant. Click on the link below to see the 2015 toyota prius.

http://m.motortrend.com/wot/spied-2015-toyota-prius-prototype-reveals-interior-exterior-details-372123.html

It's just the way it would be after mass production(although it's been heavyily camouflaged with tapaulin) to avoid the real look coming out before its official release. After testing,adjustments would be made where necessary and this would not include body build. Propbably engine performance and safety tests as regards crashes and all that. My point here is that,the said prototype of the z-600 that was tested and driven round town,is what goes into production. Every other unit to be produced in factory,would be detailed to the specifications of this one. The designs of the various cars have everything to do with the overall performance of the finished ones. You don't design one and replace with another when producing. Every cure and line has measurements and they serve different purposes.
samkoro: Many are so ignorant they don't know what a prototype means.

A prototype(1997) is not mearnt to be beautiful.As far as that car is concerned,the real thing is the perormance.The final All-NeW-product could be more beautifull than a 2013 kia Rio or optima.

That prototype is far more beautifull than prototypes of Ford,toyota etc before there proper production.

Note tha I'm not talking abt Concept Cars but PROTOTYPE.

Poor ignorant people.

We still thank God that Innosson is producing SUVs and buses today.Peter Obi recently bought and distributed more than a hundred to traditional rulers.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by Bleszin(f): 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
samkoro:

If dats ur opinion no problem....bt dat was meant 4 fun...
samkoro:

If dats ur opinion no problem....bt dat was meant 4 fun...

1 Like

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by icedpope(m): 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
Is dat bugatti?? ...
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by scholes23(m): 11:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
190: 1st to comment ; introduction

See this learner. Abi u blind?
Up to or more than 10 pple commented b4 u and ur rejoicing.

C'mmom GO DOWN LOW!!!!!!
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by scholes23(m): 11:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
icedpope: Is dat bugatti?? ...

Loooolzzzzz!!!!!!!!!
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by oyinbogirl(f): 1:25am On Jun 27, 2013
All in all, seems good enough idea - but how many would actually want to drive one of these ??
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by supaeagles(m): 2:05am On Jun 27, 2013
solomon111: stop talking nonsense. The only parts gotten abroad are the engines.
Everything else is fabricated in Nigeria.
No Sir, quite more than just the engine is imported (from china) : The body panels, the transmission, the frame/chasis etc. These are all major components of the car. What innosun does is primarily what peugeot nigeria have been doing with the 504/505 since the 1970s with CKD production : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knock-down_kit

1 Like

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by FarmTech(m): 2:09am On Jun 27, 2013
What fits nigeria is privatization. The government have never run anything effectively.
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by pscott(m): 6:01am On Jun 27, 2013
hahahahahah....LOL! Guy u funny ooooo
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by lastpage: 6:35am On Jun 27, 2013
A few years back, (up till around 1975) the ONLY CAR that you can buy and EVERYONE uses in Russia/USSR, is called a LADA.

Google it and see how it looks. Exactly like what you call "A Box".
It was called a Russian Car.

Fast-forward to 2013.
Russia has just launched a MISTRAL CLASS of Aircraft carrier!
Everyone, including the Americans, use their Rockets to launch their Craft into Orbit.

Lesson: If you dont start SOMEWHERE, You can NEVER START!

All the Hondas and Mercedes and Toyota, started as BOXES.
Its so shameful that a Nation of 160-million people, who claim to be sophisticated and enlightened, cannot even produce "A Box Car", yet they can 'pick and chose' and be so selective!

Maybe we have lost our sense of shame anyway...afterall, common stable electricity, we can offer.

Lastpage!
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by novicali: 8:41am On Jun 27, 2013
samkoro: The story behind the Z-6oo is one that I'm very conversant with.I personaly saw the car driven around Owerri on the day of its launch depicts.I also knew the lecturer behind it years before he built that car in his workshop at Orji ,Owerri.Izuogu's passion for science and technology is one that makes a man cry in a nation that desires to move backwards rather than forward.

The Z-600 is a story that reveals a certain part of the Nigerian spirit of retrogression rather than progress.It was an epitome of it.Its a story of tears.Its a story all well meaning Nigerian should learn from.I will summarise what and why it happened.

Z-600 was a product of yrs of research/hardwork by this quitessential engr. In his laboratory(Radio Lab ltd /Izuogu motors ltd).The prototype was then launched by Gen. Oladipo Diya in 1997.The propsed a budget of 100million naira to the federal and state gov.(Millitary) for the building of the plant than can competively produce considerable numbers monthly.But no one cared.

Thabo Mbeki of south Africa and senegalese gov sent delegations to him to lure him to south Africa and senegal respectively.

Sam Momoh(then science minister) lead a high powered delegation to his workshop to probe his work for three days.He was given a good letter of reccommendation after the visit.

On march 2006 his workshop was raided by heavily armed men who carted away machinery,tools,design history,mass production plan,moulds for car parts,engine block mould,crank shaft moulds and all files pertaining to his 18yrs of work towards Z-600.Some of the mould took him 10yrs to design.

Izuogu attributed these misfortune to ethnic politic--because Abacha's government questioned
--"why must it be Igbo". The same way Gowon narrow mindedly frustrated PRODA by taking it over and refusing to finance many patents that were developed there.

After the civil war also,Major Samuel Ogbemudia(former administrator of the then Bendel state) gathered former Biafran scientist that worked in the Biafran RAP -research and production and took them to UNIBEN to perform wonders for the state in the area of remote sensing,gas refining,oil refining etc.Gowon quickly gave him an ultimatum to disband the group or be recalled to the barracks.Gowon told Ogbemudia "that the war continues.

Ironicaly U.S and Russia are great today because they used captured German scientists to build their nuclear Arsenal,rockets and space programme.America used captured German nuclear scientist to speed up the developement of the bomb they used on Japan.

Von Braun,the man that built V-rockets for Hitler became the first to head NASA.

Today "every" Nigerian has a mobile phone-the benefit of satelite communication made possible by space travel acheived by NASA,that was headed by Von Braun.

What a benefit it would have been for everyone if Nigeria did likewise

Obama once said :"there is no limit to what one can achieve if one doesn't care about who benefits.

We should understand that a factory in Sokoto possess a multiplier effect that could reach Port Harcourt.

Evidence has shown that the backwardness of Nigerian people started with the kind of policies that Gowon initiated, in Nigeria, and such policies are indelible as it has helped to construe the mentality of Nigerians along tribal lines in everything they do. However, it has been enshrine into the blood stream of Nigerians not to commend, recognize and value their own, we can fight and die for what is made in abroad even their second hand products. We can stoop very low to drag and fight for their second hand bras and pants, but those new bras and pants made in Aba or anywhere in Nigeria is less patronized what a shame? I live in a country where if go to a shop to ask for a brand of any product the seller or shop owner will immediately bring their locally made brand and try to pipe it down your throat to accept it as good quality, even as you know that the quality is nothing to compare to your desire. Because in this country they believed in themselves more no matter how stupid their ideology and philosophy about life looks, they will sale it to you to buy. If you come to their country to play against their national team and eventually win them your team is trouble, they will beat your team for winning their team, that tells you how much they value their things. How many Nigerian are wasting their lives because of Arsenal and Man U, Chelsea and real Madrid? I was home, I went to watch the match between Bendel Insurance and Warri wolves no nobody came, I was surprise that we can not support our own, but we can die for what others made.... this depicts that we cannot really give a definition of who we are, is a shame you know. If you asked a German man to speak English, he feels that you have insulted him, because he believed that English is no way superior to his language. How many children of Nigerians elites speaks their local language, our languages are going into extinction. I found many of our youths dressing like those in the western nations, if you dare cross the border of Nigeria and come to the west, racism will make you hate yourself, probably you will begin to like to dress up in yoruba attire. We need to wake!

1 Like

Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by ibiali(m): 8:44am On Jun 27, 2013
z-600.....sounds like a phone model.... cheesy grin
Re: Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car by OmoEziokwu: 9:44am On Jun 27, 2013
novicali:

Evidence has shown that the backwardness of Nigerian people started with the kind of policies that Gowon initiated, in Nigeria, and such policies are indelible as it has helped to construe the mentality of Nigerians along tribal lines in everything they do. However, it has been enshrine into the blood stream of Nigerians not to commend, recognize and value their own, we can fight and die for what is made in abroad even their second hand products. We can stoop very low to drag and fight for their second hand bras and pants, but those new bras and pants made in Aba or anywhere in Nigeria is less patronized what a shame? I live in a country where if go to a shop to ask for a brand of any product the seller or shop owner will immediately bring their locally made brand and try to pipe it down your throat to accept it as good quality, even as you know that the quality is nothing to compare to your desire. Because in this country they believed in themselves more no matter how stupid their ideology and philosophy about life looks, they will sale it to you to buy. If you come to their country to play against their national team and eventually win them your team is trouble, they will beat your team for winning their team, that tells you how much they value their things. How many Nigerian are wasting their lives because of Arsenal and Man U, Chelsea and real Madrid? I was home, I went to watch the match between Bendel Insurance and Warri wolves no nobody came, I was surprise that we can not support our own, but we can die for what others made.... this depicts that we cannot really give a definition of who we are, is a shame you know. If you asked a German man to speak English, he feels that you have insulted him, because he believed that English is no way superior to his language. How many children of Nigerians elites speaks their local language, our languages are going into extinction. I found many of our youths dressing like those in the western nations, if you dare cross the border of Nigeria and come to the west, racism will make you hate yourself, probably you will begin to like to dress up in yoruba attire. We need to wake!

A round of applause for novicali.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Advice: Best Route From Lagos To Abuja (road Trip) / Bugatti Chiron Is The Most Searched Supercar In Nigeria,see The World's Top 10 / Volvo XC40 Named European Car Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.