Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm (9714 Views)

3d Modelling Challenge : Lava Man / 3d Animation Challenge / 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Whalewale(m): 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2008
OKX work has great potential , Justbones u dey slack up o, u need to put in more power man

Anyway guyz, i am thinking of starting another challenge (this time on 3D), and there would be prize money for the winner

so sharpen up and be ready
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Whalewale(m): 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2008
by the way, i just saw wilsonhaze's work, i think it was worth the wait

the resolution is kind of large sha (3072x2370), it would be difficult for people to view it (cos of our slow servers)

Nice smoke effects and motion blur
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 9:29pm On Jul 14, 2008
@Wilsonhaze
nice but doesnt change the fact that ur almost a month late
hence it might be hard to believe that you finished long before anyone posted

@whalewale
don't mind me jare. i'm been lazy cause there aint no money involved
but i wouldn't mind trying ur 3d challenge
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by wilsonhaze(m): 10:49pm On Jul 14, 2008
Hey Guys,
I'm mighty sorry that i did not paste my work on time, i have been mad busy, although i finished mine before anyone posted, i wanted to wait until i finished my site, but its better i post because' i'm not sure when my site 'll be ready, any way here's the link, u can view my work on alien lagos here, Thanks.

The resolution is high so you can see a lot of details when you zoom into the image, the size is about 600kb

www.cyphabox.net/img/Alienlagos.JPG

I also attached a lower resolution of the image for those that can't download the little kb's

Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by sojioguns(m): 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2008
How come nobody posted after wilsonhaze showed you his stuff?
The guy sure does know his shit. Wilson, small advice though, take it easy on the confidence. Dont get overconfident. Nice work but u could do better.
To others that have posted here, keep up the good work and dont relent on your efforts. Take care.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Gamine(f): 12:55pm On Jul 15, 2008
The picture doesnt look real, looks like a painting

but its very good.

Hin try grin
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by sojioguns(m): 1:05pm On Jul 15, 2008
@ Wilsonhaze
SHey you hear. your work looks too much like a painting. But I personally like it. It looks like it has undergone some wear (nice effect).
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2008
Nice try Wilsonhaze - For a 2 month job piece! Yeah you tried hard with the effects, i'll give you that. But most parts of it look like a cartoon sketch, especially the tall building in the centerpiece. Your guy in the pic is almost a shadow.

I'll give you just 1 Wack! for this.

Try harder for realism next time.

You could prove your worth by trying out on the current challenge. (Not next 2 months please!

Cheers cool
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by zPixel(m): 2:33pm On Jul 15, 2008
@wilsonhaze

Finally, after you defaulted your own deadline, anyway it's the best so far. Keep it up.

@ Whalewale

Hurry with the 3d challenge we're waiting.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2008
zPixel:

@wilsonhaze

Finally, after you defaulted your own deadline, anyway it's the best so far. Keep it up.

Doesn't count! It's like finishing a 20 minute I.Q. test in 20hrs and getting more correct answers than everyone else. undecided

Time counts!
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Whalewale(m): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2008
dont worry guys its coming, i need to be sure bout ma account status wink
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2008
here's my submission
i got bored with it and decided to post this
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2008
@Justbones

I guess you should stop there for now cos your image is getting darker with more effects added. Real good job, but I think OKX has the most interesting input yet.

Here's my input
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2008
Finally, my Vector art version!
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by sojioguns(m): 10:08am On Jul 16, 2008
@ Kemjisuper,
Why are u giving the guy boobs??
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2008
@Sojioguns
Point of correction, both are ladies. I believe everyone else guessed that right too (hair, hips, boobs and all).

Don't tell me you don't know a nude lady when you see one undecided

Check the original sketch for more clarification.

Cheers tongue
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Whalewale(m): 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2008
@ kemi

i dont like the line outline of kemijisipers work, the lines are too sharp (although that might be your style). and add more shadow tones so it has more depth, cos its kind of flat (compared to justbones).

And if doing somthing do it well, cos u dont no where it might take u to. the artwork or picture frame at the background must be a joke cos it doesnt flow with the drama at all, If thats the only picture in your PC then i think u shuld recreate somthing else.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2008
waT do u meen?
how can the two people be girls?
i saw a guy and a girl so i painted a guy and a girl
but now ur telling me that there are two girls there?
thats not fair
now my work feels politically incorrect
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Gamine(f): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2008
Of cos they are both girls!!

i cnt blive u need babalawo to tell u this.

d pic was even named JEalousy. . .
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by codename47(m): 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2008
@Whale
Hurry with d 3d challenge already!
Pity us newbies sha O
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 17, 2008
I dont think i need a pair of glases to know that its a guy and a lady.
REFERENCE:See the original copy.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 10:10am On Jul 17, 2008
@Whalewale
Thanks for the tips on shadows and all. I'm still a learner in the painting aspect and that's the more reason why I posted this challenge - to learn from the pros. I was hoping to see something from you to take corrections from - Found nothing! undecided

@Justbones & @In2gold
For crying out loud, do you need glasses to see that the lady on top has hips around her @#$% region? I need not say more, but even from your inputs, it pretty much still looks like a lady to me. Don't beat up on yourselves!

Gamine was even more observant in noticing the title of the sketch - Jealousy!
That should be of some help too!

Cheers cool
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 10:45am On Jul 17, 2008
The identification of the necessary details in a piece of artwork is one of the major characteristics of a good or professional artist. This includes proper recognition of the unique features of the human anatomy (male or female).

To end this debate, here is the finished job by the artist himself! Lemme know if any of you still thinks it's a guy or a lady.

Proove me wrong! grin
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by sojioguns(m): 11:19am On Jul 17, 2008
@ Kemjisuper,
The original art is really nice. You for no upload that image. I actually thought you originally sketched it. The main aim of this thread is to improve ourselves. We need more originality. I dont know if anyone agrees with me.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 17, 2008
@ kemjisuper
I respect ur opinion.we all look the same direction but see differently.
Nice finish sha.
Posting mine soon.
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2008
sojioguns:

@ Kemjisuper,
The original art is really nice. You for no upload that image. I actually thought you originally sketched it. The main aim of this thread is to improve ourselves. We need more originality. I don't know if anyone agrees with me.

The purpose of this thread in particular is to throw a particular challenge and observe the various efforts graphics artists put into achieving different results. Some may be wack, while others excellent. I never said it was my sketch in the first instance. I actually picked it up from a photoshop tutorial website which showed the progress of the artist from the sketch to the finished artwork.

I just thought we could see how many different outcomes we could achieve from the same sketch. You'll agree that we got about 4 or 5 different to learn from, not so? undecided

Cheers cool
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by sojioguns(m): 12:04pm On Jul 17, 2008
next challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Kemjisuper(m): 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2008
Definitely not from me again! lipsrsealed
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 5:11pm On Jul 17, 2008
sorry i still say its a guy

anyway u shouldn't have posted the finished original here. it makes us all look more like amateurs than we really are.

@gamine
I was hoping to see ur input
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Gamine(f): 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2008
My laptop has bin having issues

but i will try
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by justbones(m): 5:13pm On Jul 17, 2008
ok then
i propose u come up with the next challenge
Re: No Industry Challenge On Nairaland Graphic Fourm by Gamine(f): 7:29pm On Jul 17, 2008
Gosh, see painting!!!!1111 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Portfolio As A Graphics Designer For 2016 Follow If You Love Them. / Olanrewaju Tejuoso Wins The Prix Du Ministère Sénégalais At Dak’art 2018 / Happy New Month (I Don Port To July)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.