Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia (3919 Views)

Buhari Didn’t Sign Any Loan Deal With China – Presidency / China And Russia Send Sophisticated War Weapons To Nigeria / Nigeria Snubs US, Signs Defence Cooperation Deal With Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by Blackteeth(m): 2:25am On Jun 27, 2013
What's all this bullshit you guys write. Must Obama visit Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by Wallie(m): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2013
doncaster: yes they will pop up but where are going to source for their merchandize? In US? that will not come cheap hence they will close shop again leaving Americans without wall mart and no mum/pop stores. America are not doing china a favour by buying their goods rather they are buying from where their consumers can afford. If plasma/lcd tvs are being produced in US or Germany many house hold around the world will still be using boxed black and white at the moment.

You seem to forget that the US is one of the most entrepreneurial countries on earth! You have no idea what you're talking about in terms of manufacturing. The ONLY reason China is used to source products is because they're cheap. Why are they cheap? Because their workers are paid a fraction of what American workers are paid.

Let me flip that same question around for you. Why are some manufacturers currently leaving China for Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar and the Philippines? Wages in China have quadrupled over the last decade. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/09/business/global/wary-of-events-in-china-foreign-investors-head-to-cambodia.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Bottom line is that we buy from China because it is cheap and if we were to close the boarders, products will still be manufactured but they will just cost more!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by akpomeme(m): 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
Wallie:

You seem to forget that the US is one of the most entrepreneurial countries on earth! You have no idea what you're talking about in terms of manufacturing. The ONLY reason China is used to source products is because they're cheap. Why are they cheap? Because their workers are paid a fraction of what American workers are paid.

Let me flip that same question around for you. Why are some manufacturers currently leaving China for Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar and the Philippines? Wages in China have quadrupled over the last decade. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/09/business/global/wary-of-events-in-china-foreign-investors-head-to-cambodia.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Bottom line is that we buy from China because it is cheap and if we were to close the boarders, products will still be manufactured but they will just cost more!

America consumes mostly Chinese products ... This guys are coming into Naija with a bank, modular refineries, fast train lines. Who cares who benefit, as long as their is basic amenities for everyday NIgerian.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by Wallie(m): 1:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
akpomeme:

America consumes mostly Chinese products ... This guys are coming into Naija with a bank, modular refineries, fast train lines. Who cares who benefit, as long as their is basic amenities for everyday NIgerian.

Unfortunately, this is the myopic view that caused us to be still enslaved to the west! EVERYBODY looks out for their own pecuniary and/or social interest. Have you ever wondered why China is investing in Africa when they could have invested all that money in China to get their people out of poverty?

Here’s the statistics on China as of 2008.
Live less than $1.25 a day 13.1% (172 million)
Live less than $2 a day 29.8% (394 million)
Live less than $2.5 a day 39.9% (528 million)
Live less than $4 a day 62% (821 million)
Live less than $5 a day 71.6% (948 million)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_People's_Republic_of_China

We shouldn't be naive to think that the ONLY reason China is in Africa because their care about us. We should welcome their Yen/dollars but also make sure that we are benefiting long-term from the relationship.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by mandarin: 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
solomon111: what the fucck are you talking about?
Nigeria alone accounts for 13% of the FDI in africa,the highest in africa and is estimated to even get bigger.
Nigeria growing at the rate of 7.2%,which is probably the highest in africa.
Nigeria is already positioned to be the largest economy in africa in the nearest future.
Nigeria is far more pivotal in africa than those countries you listed and it will be a collosal mistake for american interests in africa, if they let Nigeria go east-ward.
The advisors in obama's cabinet must be cretinns.
Anyway,i am happy that Nigeria is finally moving east thanks to america shooting themselves in the foot.
We should be looking to join the BRICS.

Nigeria government has not made itself responsible enough and so all these complaints should be directed at the leaders. As far as am concerned international diplomacy and trade are influenced by critical factors and U.S is not different. I do not know why everyone is crying over what the U.S government chose to do or refuse to do. If leaders make Nigeria a powerful going concern in Africa no one will beg American government to come; FDI and diplomats will come naturally.
Nigeria to many Nigerians is important in Africa but on what basis? technology, education, and human developments are not just working. We have not forced U.S to be our friend or foe and we can only do this when they see us as threats and necessary evil or good. All these chest thumbing and bragging wont do anything and looking at the East can help Nigeria get a useful alternative but not an outright dependable friend. Some of these super powers do trade off and believe you me any of them can trade Nigeria off in diplomatic discuss for their own gains!
America influence global economy than any other country and its new face is a conglomerate of U.S, Canada and Mexico axis which will give it a huge market base at home.
Technologically, the U.S is super advanced and some of these countries are cracking up cyber spying et al to get a sneak in some critical areas.Nigeria need to balance her interests with the West and East so as to play safe.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by sambos994(m): 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
Eh, we can do without the US. What have they done for us, honestly? I can't think of one thing. The only thing I saw them do is protest to the State of Emergency.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by CROWE: 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
sambos994: Eh, we can do without the US. What have they done for us, honestly? I can't think of one thing. The only thing I saw them do is protest to the State of Emergency.

They give a lot of US Aid even to us(I don't blame you for not knowing, people don't even remember what you did for them), unlike easterners that try to take over your country( Russia and their USSR, China's grasp on Tibet, Taiwan and Hong kong), in the west a country is expected to deal with its own problems and be independent. Nobody is here to give us handouts and while Nigeria doesn't necessarily need the US, we don't need Russia or China either and we certainly don't need their tendency to oppress and dominate people.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by AZeD1(m): 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
Obama is not coming to Nigeria so what?
The best form of marketing is word of mouth and if things were better in Nigeria, investors will come. They don't need Obama or GEJ inviting them.

As for the China/ US relations, the tide is changing: Apple, Google and co have started manufacturing in the US again.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by sambos994(m): 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

They give a lot of US Aid even to us(I don't blame you for not knowing, people don't even remember what you did for them), unlike easterners that try to take over your country( Russia and their USSR, China's grasp on Tibet, Taiwan and Hong kong), in the west a country is expected to deal with its own problems and be independent. Nobody is here to give us handouts and while Nigeria doesn't necessarily need the US, we don't need Russia or China either and we certainly don't need their tendency to oppress and dominate people.

The aid that US has given us hasn't reached the general population, so don't need them. Russia is a no-no I agree with that. China, we'll have to be careful with them.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by Wallie(m): 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
sambos994: Eh, we can do without the US. What have they done for us, honestly? I can't think of one thing. The only thing I saw them do is protest to the State of Emergency.

The Obama administration on Friday threatened to cut off aid to Nigeria or even sanction the African country after the government of President Goodluck Jonathan pardoned a former governor accused of corruption.

“The United States government is deeply disappointed over the recent pardons of corrupt officials by the Nigerian government,” State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said. “We see this as a setback for the fight against corruption and also for our ability to play the strong role we've played in supporting rule of law and legal institution building in Nigeria, which is very important for the future of the country, obviously.”

Asked if the United States could cut off aid — Nigeria was slated to receive $660.5 million in the president's 2012 budget, more than any other sub-Saharan country except Ethiopia — Nuland didn't rule it out.

“We have made clear to the Nigerians that this puts a question mark on the kinds of work that we've been trying to do with them,” she said. “We haven't yet taken the kinds of steps that you're suggesting, but we're continuing to look at what's appropriate.”

The U.S. embassy in Abuja also condemned the pardon, saying it was “deeply disappointed” on Twitter.

"We see this as a setback in the fight against corruption,” the embassy said. Nigeria is a top oil provider to the United States and a crucial ally in the fight against Islamist militants in the region.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/us-threatens-cut-aid-nigeria-over-corruption-issues-thehill
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by sambos994(m): 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2013
Wallie:

The Obama administration on Friday threatened to cut off aid to Nigeria or even sanction the African country after the government of President Goodluck Jonathan pardoned a former governor accused of corruption.

“The United States government is deeply disappointed over the recent pardons of corrupt officials by the Nigerian government,” State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said. “We see this as a setback for the fight against corruption and also for our ability to play the strong role we've played in supporting rule of law and legal institution building in Nigeria, which is very important for the future of the country, obviously.”

Asked if the United States could cut off aid — Nigeria was slated to receive $660.5 million in the president's 2012 budget, more than any other sub-Saharan country except Ethiopia — Nuland didn't rule it out.

“We have made clear to the Nigerians that this puts a question mark on the kinds of work that we've been trying to do with them,” she said. “We haven't yet taken the kinds of steps that you're suggesting, but we're continuing to look at what's appropriate.”

The U.S. embassy in Abuja also condemned the pardon, saying it was “deeply disappointed” on Twitter.

"We see this as a setback in the fight against corruption,” the embassy said. Nigeria is a top oil provider to the United States and a crucial ally in the fight against Islamist militants in the region.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/us-threatens-cut-aid-nigeria-over-corruption-issues-thehill

Like I said. That money wouldn't have reached the general population, it would go straight into our politicians Swiss banks accounts.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by CROWE: 4:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
sambos994:

The aid that US has given us hasn't reached the general population, so don't need them. Russia is a no-no I agree with that. China, we'll have to be careful with them.

That is not exactly the Americans fault now is it and besides unlike Nigerian money, aid money is American so they can keep an eye on what is done with it and the money we get as aid is ultimately more likely to be used productively, for example do you think we'd still be getting aid money if it randomly disappeared like our budget often does? That morphine you got when you went to the hospital last could well have been procured with that aid money, you have no way of knowing. My problem with you guys is that you have a tendency to skew things to fit your assumptions which are often based on assumptions that you thought up yourself. Nobody is that stupid, the US will not continue to give a corrupt country like Nigeria money unless it has some notion of what is going to happen to that money and they have some way to verify that it is at least largely going where it ought to.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by sambos994(m): 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

That is not exactly the Americans fault now is it and besides unlike Nigerian money, aid money is American so they can keep an eye on what is done with it and the money we get as aid is ultimately more likely to be used productively, for example do you think we'd still be getting aid money if it randomly disappeared like our budget often does? That morphine you got when you went to the hospital last could well have been procured with that aid money, you have no way of knowing. My problem with you guys is that you have a tendency to skew things to fit your assumptions which are often based on assumptions that you thought up yourself. Nobody is that stupid, the US will not continue to give a corrupt country like Nigeria money unless it has some notion of what is going to happen to that money and they have some way to verify that it is at least largely going where it ought to.

Billions of dollars went the DRC, and what did they do with it? Aid is like bribing. They give it to get what they want, resources. Africa should be the richest continent in the world, but other countries are exploiting us.....and to cover it up, they give money which politicians eat up. Like I said, we don't need the US. They're not going to solve our problems.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by sambos994(m): 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
CROWÉ:

Billions of dollars went the DRC, and what did they do with it? Aid is like bribing. They give it to get what they want, resources. Africa should be the richest continent in the world, but other countries are exploiting us.....and to cover it up, they give money which politicians eat up. Like I said, we don't need the US. They're not going to solve our problems.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by ba7man(m): 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
sambos994:

What we don't need is leaders that sell this country for peanuts.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by owobokiri(m): 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
4 Play:

You are conjuring allegations out of thin air to substantiate nonsense. Please provide evidence that US oil companies steal Nigerian oil and that hapless NNPC or Nigerian Govt officials don't know about their output.

Just saw this now... Get ready for a new word...Google!!! I don't know why some of you get so riled up and abusive over issues you have little or no grasp of. From Irikefe panel of the early 80s till today, the point has been made continuously that the Nigerian government DOES NOT KNOW the amount of oil being pumped out on daily basis from her shores. That is not the case elsewhere. Successive Nigerian governments simply rely on the quotations given to them by the oil companies as it regards the amount of oil lifted and then prepare their budgets on such figures.. That was the case then and that is the case today.. It has been discussed here before...

https://www.nairaland.com/266273/black-hole-nobody-knows-how
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by CROWE: 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
owobokiri:

Just saw this now... Get ready for a new word...Google!!! I don't know why some of you get so riled up and abusive over issues you have little or no grasp of. From Irikefe panel of the early 80s till today, the point has been made continuously that the Nigerian government DOES NOT KNOW the amount of oil being pumped out on daily basis from her shores. That is not the case elsewhere. Successive Nigerian governments simply rely on the quotations given to them by the oil companies as it regards the amount of oil lifted and then prepare their budgets on such figures.. That was the case then and that is the case today.. It has been discussed here before...

https://www.nairaland.com/266273/black-hole-nobody-knows-how

I am not sure what you guys are talking about but just to be clear, with what that article is saying the blame falls squarely on the Nigerians. I know that people here have a tendency to think that if Obama coughs there must be a conspiracy behind that cough.

The federal government is getting free oil so nobody really cares about the theft, if that oil belonged solely to the people of those states there would be a lot more interest in accountability but the government all the way in Aso Rock doesn't much care as long as they get many millions of Naira.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by fkaz(m): 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2013
Africans get tough with mineral-hungry China

Published: June 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM
ACCRA, Ghana, June 7 (UPI) --Ghanaian authorities have arrested 168 Chinese for illegal gold mining while Gabon plans to recover assets from a subsidiary of Chinese oil giant Sinopec amid a growing wave of resentment across Africa against Beijing's efforts to lock up vital resources.
In March, Lamido Sanusi, Nigeria's central bank governor, spoke out against Chinese exploitation of Africa and its vast resources and warned that Africa "is opening itself up to a new form of imperialism."
In a scathing commentary for The Financial Times, he cautioned: "China takes from us primary goods and sells us manufactured ones. This was also the essence of colonialism."
Trade between China and Africa was worth more than $200 billion in 2012, 20 times what it was in 2000 when Beijing initiated a policy of "accelerated engagement" with the continent for access to its oil and gas, copper, gold and many other mineral resources that China needs to sustain its economic power.
The actions by Ghana and Gabon are emblematic of the turnaround in the relationship that many African states are undergoing these days despite the extensive infrastructure projects Beijing had undertaken, using its vast cash resources.
China's new president, Xi Jinping, toured Africa in March, underlining the continent's strategic importance to Beijing in its relentless drive to acquire vital resources in return for massive investment.
He declared in Dar es Salaam, capital of Tanzania, where he inaugurated the $10 billion Bagamoyo port project designed as a hub for trade between East Africa and Asia, that Beijing will make good on a 2012 pledge to provide $20 billion in loans in three years for African infrastructure development, agriculture and business.
Oil and coal accounted for half of China's imports from Africa in 2012, minerals and other raw materials made up most of the rest.
However, one of the main purposes of Xi's African tour, his first foreign trip as president, was to change the growing perception across Africa that China is just another imperial power exploiting the continent for its labor and resources.
But, the bottom line is resources, supply routes and maritime security -- in the Indian Ocean, and the chokepoint Malacca Strait through Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia -- were the central drivers of Xi's tour.
"China's economic growth, even if it is slowing, still consumes vast amounts of imported raw materials and energy," the U.S. global security consultancy Stratfor observed.
"Long gone are the days when China could be self-sufficient, and even its agriculture is reaching the limits of supplying food to its vast population.
"This presents a strategic dilemma for Beijing, which must keep China's economy active and growing in order to maintain social stability and to provide work, income and materials to China's citizens.
"The economic activity has made China ever more dependent on overseas-sourced raw materials as well as markets," Stratfor noted.
China has long boasted of its role as a supporter of African efforts to throw off Western colonialism. But now many Africans are starting to view China as just one more foreign exploiter.
Beijing, through the China Export-Import Bank, the financing arm of Chinese projects in Africa, is making huge investments in the oil, mining and construction sectors.
This concessional financing, combining loans and grants, has mainly targeted commercially driven projects in more than 40 countries in Africa, with Ethiopia, Angola, Sudan and Nigeria -- the last three key oil suppliers to Beijing -- being the key beneficiaries.
But anti-Chinese sentiment has been building for some time. In August 2012, striking Zambian coal miners killed a Chinese supervisor in a wage dispute.
The arrests in Ghana were the latest crackdown by authorities. Some 120 illegal Chinese miners -- there are 10,000 in the West African state -- were rounded up in March.
"Illegal mining in Ghana has assumed alarming proportions," the Ministry of Natural Resources said. "Foreign nationals, especially the Chinese, have made the problems a lot worse.
"They have access to huge funds which they've been using to bring in enormous numbers of excavators, which can destroy largeareas of forest in just one day."
Gabon's move against Sinopec, which comes as the country prepares to license offshore oil exploration, is part of its drive to wring better terms from foreign multinationals and clamp down onlarge-scale tax evasion, with China a primary target.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by jacobs123(m): 10:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
Nigeria cannot snub US. After all said and done, politicians are not going to keep their stolen billions in China/Russia. They won't send their kids to school in China/Russia. They won't buy their mansions in China/Russia and off course they don't plan to live in China/Russia and don't want to be found on the wrong side of the law in China/Russia.

by the way, even China/Russia doesn't snub US. Enough said
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by akpomeme(m): 12:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
jacobs123: Nigeria cannot snub US. After all said and done, politicians are not going to keep their stolen billions in China/Russia. They won't send their kids to school in China/Russia. They won't buy their mansions in China/Russia and off course they don't plan to live in China/Russia and don't want to be found on the wrong side of the law in China/Russia.

by the way, even China/Russia doesn't snub US. Enough said

You are mentally a foolish white man in a Niaja. Arrogant and ignorant western world has washed you to a point of no return. america is a two faced country thus, they cannot come to Nigeria to moralize us on our security and human rights requirement when all they have done around the world are the most disgusting crime against humanity.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by kettykin: 2:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
The United states should rise to the Occasion and clip the wings of Nigeria, what Nigeria is doing is more like a Bird that has eaten enough food and then goes on to challenge the gods to a fight.

The united states can clip Nigeria's wing by sponsoring and encouraging its allies to support the aspiration of Biafrans through MASSOB activities and going ahead to move the UN security council to organize a referendum for Biafran citizens like they did in Sudan for Southern Sudan .
As soon as Biafra is declared what ever remains of Nigeria would be another Minority African and third world Country like Uganda and Zimbabwe which exist only the Maps and dont have any influence and can not even attract meaningful investments or interest from China or India.

But as long as Biafra continues to be a part of Nigeria, arrogance and arrant diplomatic face offs would be the lot of America in its dealings with Africans because of the role of Nigeria.

If America must continue to dominate world affairs un challenged till the next century, America must make sure no opposition come from countries in Africa and the best way is to ensure that no country has an undue political and military advantage over other African country like Nigeria is doing and trying to do.
since America worked hard to disintegrate the Soviet Union , why is America allowing another Soviet Union in Africa that would oppose and encourage opposition to its world views.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by akpomeme(m): 5:57am On Jul 06, 2013
kettykin: The United states should rise to the Occasion and clip the wings of Nigeria, what Nigeria is doing is more like a Bird that has eaten enough food and then goes on to challenge the gods to a fight.

The united states can clip Nigeria's wing by sponsoring and encouraging its allies to support the aspiration of Biafrans through MASSOB activities and going ahead to move the UN security council to organize a referendum for Biafran citizens like they did in Sudan for Southern Sudan .
As soon as Biafra is declared what ever remains of Nigeria would be another Minority African and third world Country like Uganda and Zimbabwe which exist only the Maps and dont have any influence and can not even attract meaningful investments or interest from China or India.

But as long as Biafra continues to be a part of Nigeria, arrogance and arrant diplomatic face offs would be the lot of America in its dealings with Africans because of the role of Nigeria.

If America must continue to dominate world affairs un challenged till the next century, America must make sure no opposition come from countries in Africa and the best way is to ensure that no country has an undue political and military advantage over other African country like Nigeria is doing and trying to do.
since America worked hard to disintegrate the Soviet Union , why is America allowing another Soviet Union in Africa that would oppose and encourage opposition to its world views.
You are empty but verbose
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 06, 2013
akpomeme:

Absolutely... East Africans just hate Nigerians. Obama is no different angry

Obama is American.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 06, 2013
kettykin:

Lmaooooo

America is crazy, but not insane.

I doubt the United States is being headed by a President that drinks ogogoro for breakfast....u must think GEJ rules the U.S in addition to Nigeria.

P.S: What were you smoking when you wrote this piece? Next time, let one of your close relatives proof read your posts abeg.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by kepsi123(m): 7:29am On Jul 06, 2013
This is what we should have done a long time ago
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by kepsi123(m): 7:30am On Jul 06, 2013
akpomeme:

You are mentally a foolish white man in a Niaja. Arrogant and ignorant western world has washed you to a point of no return. america is a two faced country thus, they cannot come to Nigeria to moralize us on our security and human rights requirement when all they have done around the world are the most disgusting crime against humanity.

Harsh but I likee
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by SIRcumalot: 8:03am On Jul 06, 2013
Obama did not come because of security reasons if boko haram are fighting against the western influence on nigeria how will the leader of the western world be safe here ?
The fact that we would be slighted because our masters did not acknowledge us speaks volumes about our mentality.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by akpomeme(m): 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
SIR cum a lot:
Obama did not come because of security reasons if boko haram are fighting against the western influence on nigeria how will the leader of the western world be safe here ?
The fact that we would be slighted because how masters did not acknowledge us speaks volumes about our mentality.

If you understand the workings of international politics, you may have had a different opinion. It is not a master - follower relationship. It is all about strategic alliances.
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by akpomeme(m): 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
I told al ya that our President diss Obama, all ya thought it was a joke. China is ready to invest in Nigeria.... Live from china. Keep you updated!!!
Re: Nigeria Snubs US, Looks On To Build Economic Relations With China And Russia by 5columnist: 11:03am On Jul 20, 2013
God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Had Guns And Ammunition At His Home – SAHARA REPORTERS / Fani-kayode Replied EFCC Boss Over His Comment On Coronavirus / Video: Tinubu Lands In Akure. Mobbed By Huge Crowd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.