Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,513 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Blocking Of Stolen Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blocking Of Stolen Phone (5046 Views)

Post Pins Of Stolen Blackberry Phones Here / Secret Behind Glo Blocking Of Free Browsing / Help Me Pls : I Want To Block/destroy My Stolen Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blocking Of Stolen Phone by columbus71(m): 3:26pm On May 13, 2008
Hello,
Can any one help me with the details of how I could block my stolen phone? I Have tried sending the serial number from to the serial number of the phone (as I was told by some people) but didn’t work out instead MTN charged me #48 for undelivered message. So please any help from any body would help because the guy is still using the phone and the line up till now. And insults my contacts when they call to ask for me. But I will be blocking the line today. Please help with the details of blocking the phone its self.
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by showskill(m): 4:07pm On May 13, 2008
There's no way you can block your phone, not sim expect you install this software on your phone before the incident, mGuard provides protection and safety from theft or losing your device and helps to retrieve it back. Now the users can forget the fear of losing their device by protecting it using mGuard Software. As of now, mGuard is the world’s only Theft Recovery Software for Java phones,

You miss that, sorry
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by honsule(m): 4:41pm On May 13, 2008
@poster.take heart.i was once in your position.my roommate friend in the school stole my phone and pretend as if he was not the one.i went thru hell.about 2 month i was without phone.even my sim the guy did not care at all to drop it.what happen next;somehow i got to know that it was the guy who stole it.i took security men in the school and get the guy arrested in the night.after a little torture the guy confess that he was the one who stole my phone.in fact,the guy has a bad antecedent.he was locked up for two days,he begged me and i pitied him.we agreed that he will pay for the phone,then i got him released.i gave him one month,but he failed.i threaten to get him arrested again,but he kept on begging me.he later disappeared without me seeing him.i have since forgiven him and the Lord bless me with wonderful phones.so,retrieve your line and Hope for another phone.After all life is worth ten times better than any phone.cheers
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by dragnet: 4:45pm On May 13, 2008
De-activate ur sim & forget ur phone

showskill, to every pen there is an eraser tongue
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by showskill(m): 5:22pm On May 13, 2008
@dranget,

so what's new
do u need that software for your phone or information about it?
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by dragnet: 5:39pm On May 13, 2008
I'm not expecting my phone to get stolen, so why should I need it?? . . . . . . . . .do u knw that hw thick ur burglar proof is, depicts the value of what u're protectn wink
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by sisqology(m): 5:47pm On May 13, 2008
@poster

Forget about ur fone.
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by Bossman(m): 5:48pm On May 13, 2008
There is nothing you can do about the phone. As Nigeria does not yet do phone "black listing". However, you should at least call your provider to deactivate the sim card.
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by showskill(m): 5:53pm On May 13, 2008
@dragnet
am not saying that but i think you should protected your own phone on that software, that software works amazed for phones, believe me
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by dragnet: 6:01pm On May 13, 2008
protect my phone from me grin . . . . . .

showskill, there's always a way around it wink
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by Nobody: 6:32am On May 14, 2008
showskill:

Now the users can forget the fear of losing their device by protecting it using mGuard Software.

angry
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by sect(m): 7:03am On May 14, 2008
Showskill mguard doesn't work ooo,i tried it on my k750 and it didn't work a bit,so if you're depending on mguard to protect ur phone sorry ooo,its a dud software. Anyway my phone got stolen last month in my school but i let it go,its just a material stuff,imagine some of my friends advised me to pay a babalawo a visit in other for me to retrieve it. Poster my advise is just for u 2 retrieve ur sim & 4get about ur phone. I have a feelin dat the person who stole ur phone knows you and is trying to hurt you.
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by sect(m): 8:44am On May 14, 2008
Av 4goten where i got mine from,try getjar or you can ask showskill where one can get it
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by columbus71(m): 7:17pm On May 14, 2008
I really want to say a big thanks to all of you who do reply to this topic. I have contacted my service provider to block the sim for the now. i will go retrive my line on monday. Once again thanks to you all cheesy
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by dragnet: 9:15pm On May 14, 2008
Columbus71, why monday? Why not just buy a new sim & do the replacement urself? . . .or at most call customer care from the comfort of ur home after buying the new sim wink . . .ur old number will be programmd to the new sim & voila ! . .but note that its safe not to put the new sim in any phone before the swap
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by Pelumiv(m): 10:19pm On May 14, 2008
nice komet 4rm evry1.let me relate dis experience i had after changin d screen of nokia 3230.u wont believe dat after changin d screen and powerin d phone,d phone start soundin lik police siren n display on d screen dat d fone is a stolen fone n dat i shod call d number on d screen.unfortunaly 4 d owner it was bypass n d fone is workin normally.so 4get d fone retrieve ur line.do any 1 hav d ideal how what i describe above waz done or is d mguard stuff?
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by sisqology(m): 12:47am On May 15, 2008
o paari
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by Kaybaba5(m): 2:03pm On May 15, 2008
what i know is dat even with mguard instal on d phone it doesnt mean dat the phone culd not be stolen because by the time they re-format the phone,al dis mguard wuld hav been removed.yoruba says 'afa jona o nbere irugbon 'so dat is it my brother
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by Pelumiv(m): 9:21pm On May 15, 2008
na d tin way i do 4 d 3230,mo ko format igbesi aye fone o tan.
Re: Blocking Of Stolen Phone by showskill(m): 12:44pm On May 16, 2008
For more information on mguard and other products go to : http://www.dexmobile.com/products.aspx

(1) (Reply)

Megapixels Are So Overrated: Thanks To The iPhone 6 / Do Not Buy Tecno F6 For Any Reason / TECNO Pop 2 Pro Complete Specifications, Review And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.