Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage (2637 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage by Onyinyechimara(f): 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
Abeg nobody should crucify me but I really want to get married
I have a boyfriend........he hasn't proposed ( and no I don't intend to get down on one knee)
But everyone around me seems so fulfilled in theirs
My colleagues that got married at work get so much respect in the workplace
It's really an honour able institution especially for people in decent marriages
There's this elevation of status that comes with it
Even people who were struggling before seem to find a way and make ends meet
The glow on their faces says it all
And of course the blessing that God bestows on those brave enough to undertake it cannot be overlooked
I remember my parents had nothing when they first started out like so many other people,
But Gods grace has been sufficient

I guess other people feel this way at times
I limit my use of social media for the sight of a classmate with wedding picture or baby picture kinda makes me feel old
I m not old, but I just wanna have the honour and dignity that (I think) marriage brings
And I want that covering over my head so that I know I m not alone in this world
I can plan my life with someone and have stuff to look forward to doing together
And know that i m not committing sexual sin
Abeg make una no crucify me o, just saying.....

7 Likes

Re: Marriage by Afam4eva(m): 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
The world would have been easier for ladies if it were normal for a lady to propose to her boyfriend. You would have just proposed to your boyfriend to know if he wants to take that leap with you or not.

Since that's not the case, i think you'll have to sit your boyfriend's butt down and ask him where your relationship with him is heading. If it's not heading somewhere desirable by you, it's better to quit. There's no time to waste.
Re: Marriage by mutiply: 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ dear, life always have a way of bringing us down that's why we have challenges, your time will surely come, forget about those that are married and focus on your own future, try to date a man with a good mind set, a man that may not be rich in cash but rich in positive attitude and character. Do your best and before this time next year, you and all other good single ladies including M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ sister will be married.(Amen) I feel your pain. Be strong and always do what is right and above all, be yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage by dayokanu(m): 4:11am On Jun 27, 2013
Propose to him
Re: Marriage by kreamidiva(f): 6:04am On Jun 27, 2013
Don't fret.love God 1st and every other thing shall be added unto u.
Re: Marriage by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 27, 2013
Poster above said it all.lv and serve ur maker dilligently,he will give u d desires of ur heart.as u want it.be urself and ooze out goodness,they will swim towards u.
Re: Marriage by Connoisseur(m): 8:31am On Jun 27, 2013
@op
Nobody is going to crucify you dear. your aspiration is quite noble and will be greatly enjoyed of you dont rush it and make mistakes.
Just keep the faith and your heart desires will be granted soon

1 Like

Re: Marriage by deols(f): 8:42am On Jun 27, 2013
The way the Op is written is soooo captivating. I like it

Well, I agree with Afam. Try to know what's up with your BF.

I wish you the best.
Re: Marriage by youngalex(m): 9:32am On Jun 27, 2013
Am speechless...ur write up is quite captivating and emotion driven....guess u have to discuss with your boyfriend to know his plans for you...its not easy for guys taking dis decision of getting married...I pray u marry a wonderful man
Re: Marriage by vivianc(f): 10:15am On Jun 27, 2013
If These reasons you lisTed here are The reasons you wanna geT married, Then I'd say you wanna get married for the wrong reasons, and its bad.

4 Likes

Re: Marriage by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 27, 2013
Op inbox me. Oh yeh, no church wedding o.just trad n court ASAP
Re: Marriage by Connoisseur(m): 11:35am On Jun 27, 2013
^^badt guy i know you wouldnt disappoint
dont wait for her to inbox you, do the inbox ing sharp sharp
Re: Marriage by 2bosun: 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
Keep dreaming that marriage will make your life perfect. We need to work on ourselves first, marriage will come naturally as a result of that. What's with the desperation urge to get married?

3 Likes

Re: Marriage by EfemenaXY: 12:45pm On Jun 27, 2013
Onyinyechimara: Abeg nobody should crucify me but I really want to get married
I have a boyfriend........he hasn't proposed ( and no I don't intend to get down on one knee)
It's really an honour able institution especially for people in decent marriages
And of course the blessing that God bestows on those brave enough to undertake it cannot be overlooked
I remember my parents had nothing when they first started out like so many other people,

I limit my use of social media for the sight of a classmate with wedding picture or baby picture kinda makes me feel old
I m not old, but I just wanna have the honour and dignity that (I think) marriage brings
And I want that covering over my head so that I know I m not alone in this world
I can plan my life with someone and have stuff to look forward to doing together

Why would anyone want to crucify you? Your post was beautifully written and does not have any offensive content.

You know exactly what you want in life, so go for it girl.

Wishing you all the best smiley

1 Like

Re: Marriage by spoilt(f): 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
You do not need marriage to be elevated, dignified or respected. Marriage is a good thing in itself but it doesnt make the rest of your life fantasy perfect.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
Connoisseur: ^^badt guy i know you wouldnt disappoint
dont wait for her to inbox you, do the inbox ing sharp sharp
lol,this man! You gave me the link.i hope you're not planning to inbox her ahead of me? One good thing I like about her write up is the point she made that she is not a virgin. Atleast I'm not expecting something that might disappoint me at the end. Gonna inbox her at the close of work today.
Re: Marriage by Connoisseur(m): 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
chidindufrank: lol,this man! You gave me the link.i hope you're not planning to inbox her ahead of me? One good thing I like about her write up is the point she made that she is not a virgin. Atleast I'm not expecting something that might disappoint me at the end. Gonna inbox her at the close of work today.

if i was planning to inbox her, I wouldnt give you the link in the first instance. Moreover am off the market so do your thing.
Re: Marriage by Cipriani(m): 9:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
OP

You are only as desperate as most old single ladies out there. What is the need for the rush into marriage? And considering the reasons you stated, you have wrong idea why you need to get married.
If you are so desperate, you will end up in the wrong hands. A girl in my office about 21yrs just married recently and I advised her against but she wouldnt budge. She is yet to finish school and so happy that she is married. I can only pity her.

Anyway, you can go for weekend deliverance for singles at MFM tomorrow at prayer city. God can answer your prayer
Re: Marriage by coogar: 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
Onyinyechimara: Abeg nobody should crucify me but I really want to get married

you forgot to tell us how long you have been in a relationship with your boyfriend. why do i think it's less than 6 months?
Re: Marriage by Onyinyechimara(f): 6:41am On Jun 28, 2013
Yeah it's about 6 months
Re: Marriage by bellong: 8:40am On Jun 28, 2013
@OP,

Marriage is a good thing between two right individuals contributing their all to make it work. The summary of it is two becoming one being help meet to each other. Being help meet can be likened to two people on a boat/ship on a voyage to a planned destination. The voyage is is bound to be associated with different kinds of troubles such as the tempest sea etc. In the event that the boat capsizes, the one that can swim will be there to lead the other to safety.

That being said, it is imperative to note that nobody should be cajoled nor be in a rush to enter matrimony either because of peer or family pressure. Do not compare your life with another. Everyone is unique with unique destiny.

You have been with your boyfriend for about six months, this is the time you should be assessing his character, reaction to troubled issues, how he resolves conflicts, his passion and vision for the future, his weaknesses and strengths. If after openly and critically checking all these and you are convinced you can live with him for the rest of your life, only then can you say yes if and when he proposes. If on the other hand, you know you can't live with the result of your assessment, its better you do not be joined with him.

On a final note, never let pressure, environment and opinion of people rush you into marriage. Be patient, apply wisdom, pray and exercise your five senses. May your prayers be answered speedily.

It is well with you

1 Like

Re: Marriage by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
Calm down girl. Really.

Just wait for your own time. Sit him down, ask him what the next step is. I feel the same way too, here at work where even younger girls sport a ringed 4th finger.

You'll get married, don't worry your head about it.

1 Like

Re: Marriage by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 13, 2013
mollytinrox: Calm down girl. Really.

Just wait for your own time. Sit him down, ask him what the next step is. I feel the same way too, here at work where even younger girls sport a ringed 4th finger.

You'll get married, don't worry your head about it.
A lot of things we worry about end up not happening. We just worry and worry.
Personally, I can't propose to a woman I just started a relationship with after 6 months. 6 months and you are already damn bothered! Like a poster said, this is the time you need to observe his behaviour, attitude, likes, dislikes, strength and weaknesses.

I can also infer from your post that you want to marry for self centred reasons purely based on feelings and societal demand - respect, you need a head over you, bla bla bla. This means you are vulnerable. Do you even like the guy's personality? his family? his attitude to life?

Babe. Step back and think again. It happens to all of us once in a while - emotions and feelings override our thought process.

1 Like

Re: Marriage by Onyinyechimara(f): 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
x-fire:

A lot of things we worry about end up not happening. We just worry and worry.
Personally, I can't propose to a woman I just started a relationship with after 6 months. 6 months and you are already damn bothered! Like a poster said, this is the time you need to observe his behaviour, attitude, likes, dislikes, strength and weaknesses.

I can also infer from your post that you want to marry for self centred reasons purely based on feelings and societal demand - respect, you need a head over you, bla bla bla. This means you are vulnerable. Do you even like the guy's personality? his family? his attitude to life?

Babe. Step back and think again. It happens to all of us once in a while - emotions and feelings override our thought process.

Yes I do. I like his attitude to life, personality, intelligence,integrity,humor, etc........the key essentials about him I love.
I wouldn't be with him otherwise.
We are very satisfied.
If its not with him then I probably wouldn't want to get married.......I'd probably forget about the whole marriage issue and pull a 'Rita Dominic'
I m not worried at all......I was just dreaming of what's ahead cuz I know it's coming anyway
Re: Marriage by mgbeketoto: 4:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Your 'GOD' never gives you what you do not need you know? kiss
If it were meant to be. . . then it would have happened soonest.
YES! Marriage is indeed fulfilling. . . .A GOOD INVESTMENT FOR OLD AGE TOO!
But you MUST WAIT for it to find you. . .YOU SHOULD NEVER GO AFTER IT IN DESPERATION!

The best and worst things in life. . . are not planned.
Make your relationship MEANINGFUL. . . even if it does not lead to marriage.

Life is short. . . .ENJOY IT! kiss

1 Like

Re: Marriage by polokor60(m): 7:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
mgbeketoto: Your 'GOD' never gives you what you do not need you know? kiss
If it were meant to be. . . then it would have happened soonest.
YES! Marriage is indeed fulfilling. . . .A GOOD INVESTMENT FOR OLD AGE TOO!
But you MUST WAIT for it to find you. . .YOU SHOULD NEVER GO AFTER IT IN DESPERATION!

The best and worst things in life. . . are not planned.
Make your relationship MEANINGFUL. . . even if it does not lead to marriage.

Life is short. . . .ENJOY IT!
Well said.I may disagree with some of your ideas sometimes but you are still among my favourites of all time.Well done mami jallitta. -*cool wink
Re: Marriage by olushowunm(m): 6:41am On Oct 25, 2013
Onyiyechimara... it seems you knda intelligent and brave... Can i get to know you more than Nairaland. My email and phone number is in my signature.

(1) (Reply)

If You Find Out That Your Child Is Not Actually Yours, What Will You Do ? (men) / "I'm Afraid I'll Literally Be All Alone The Rest Of My Life" / I Want To Stop Womanizing (best Advice Needed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.