Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn (7484 Views)

1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 / How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola / Lagos-ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Be Completed In 24-30 Months-fg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by omanzo02: 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2013
HNosegbe:

"There's more to free flow of traffic than just numbers of lane"... Agreed.

So let those "other things" be added to a ten-lane expressway.

End of.

If Nigeria have good roads plan and traffic law well police, we won't be talking of numbers of lanes, in Europe where I live if I drive into a pothole that damage my car all I need to do is stop and call the police, with 15 minutes they are there they verify, fill the papers, take pictures and send it to the government to repair my car, so simple is it, that is why u cant find potholes except during the winter that damages most roads, again our drivers are not helping matters, don't be surprise they account for 85% of the problems.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
Who is trying to mis-inform Nigerians? The FG is COMPLETELY reconstructing the Lagos-Ibadan road. Part of th design of the brand new road is ADDITION of 3 more lanes (i.e making a total of 5 lanes on each side or 10 lanes in total) to the Lagos-Sagamu section of the road. Read:

"The Lagos-Shagamu end which is about N67kilometres was contracted to Julius Berger for N17 billion whereas the Shagamu-Ibadan stretch is about 58 kilometres though the contract cost was not disclosed. The scope of work would include provision of three additional lanes in either direction between Lagos and Shagamu interchange, making it five lanes; provision of associated facilities for security and welfare of the user as well as ensuring a free flow of traffic"
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/julius-berger-commits-n100bn-to-2nd-niger-bridge/

I dont even know how Punch arrived at the cost of N160billion for the project. From the report above the section contracted to Julius Berger is costing N17billion. I expect that the section awarded to RCC should also be in that range. Anyway, in the days to come, we'll learn more about the project.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by sheymoni(m): 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
omanzo02:

First off I live in Western Europe, and once lived in Lagos and use to ply that road, dual carriage ways is a standard norms in highway contruction, at incline plains , busy intersections and ring roads round a city or town the lane extends to 3 or 4, all international, inter- regions/ state roads from Spain - Norway - Bulgaria are dual carriage either side but with very effective road management regimes for effective control of traffic.

How many of those roads you mentioned have dangote trailers & fuel tanker travelling on it? They should give us the five lanes & dedicate two of it to trailers & tankers. Giving road constructions to RCC is another system of reducing population my FG, cos any road built by RCC claims more lives than HIV/AIDS. Ibadan-ife an example

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by macrosa(m): 12:05pm On Jun 27, 2013
cock and bull stories...
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by successcertain: 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
It is easy to govern monkeys just throw some banana and you are good to go. Animal with khaki skin enough to surfer for eternity, very handicap savages no wonder the useless shithole country.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by guy1234: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
Whose version are we to believe? Sun newspaper (sincere9igerian) or the punch newspaper's report? Is it really 3LANES OR 5LANES?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by braveheart2012(m): 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
Jonathan is just a bloody dunce. He is so daft, it's a surprise he doesn't drool when he speaks. What kind of rubbish road construction contract is this? $1 billion to re-pave existing roads and build a fly-over bridge?!!! May he never know peace forever for trying to pass this one to us as progress. May his children reap the fruits of his hands without fail.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by omanzo02: 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
sheymoni:

How many of those roads you mentioned have dangote trailers & fuel tanker travelling on it? They should give us the five lanes & dedicate two of it to trailers & tankers. Giving road constructions to RCC is another system of reducing population my FG, cos any road built by RCC claims more lives than HIV/AIDS. Ibadan-ife an example

Heavy truck transportation/haulage in Europe is 1000 times more than Nigeria, u need to view truck haulage on european roads from the sky, u will think it's a long train moving, however there are laws restricting trucks from drive on the fast lane, overtaking at certain traject and driving at certain hours or days of the week. Yes qualities of roads also matters, the higher the quality the costly it is, when driving on Holland road u will notice the quality compare to when driving on German or French roads.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by omanzo02: 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
braveheart2012: Jonathan is just a bloody dunce. He is so daft, it's a surprise he doesn't drool when he speaks. What kind of rubbish road construction contract is this? $1 billion to re-pave existing roads and build a fly-over bridge?!!! May he never know peace forever for trying to pass this one to us as progress. May his children reap the fruits of his hands without fail.

There is no need to swear,I also once criticized any high cost budgeted for project, I know Nigerian administrators are corrupt but honestly road construction gulps money, sometimes if I compare some roads budget and distance in Nigeria to some road budget and distance in europe, I submit the price is fair, but the quality is what I really can't tell.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Adek15(m): 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2013
Nawa 4 una o. Isnt it beta 2 waste money on infrastructure than 2 squander it on one ridiculous dinner? If they lyk, they should spend 1 trilion on it, it doesnt concern me as far d road is contructed
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by PassingShot(m): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
miteolu:

3 on both sides to Sagamu = 6
2 on both sides to Ibadan = 4
Total = 10

I pity you and the people who liked your post! You think you've made sense?

When a road is said to be ten lanes, it means 5 lanes each way. So if Lagos-Ibadan is 3 lanes each way up to Shagamu and 2 lanes from there to Ibadan, does that equate 5 lanes each way to make a 10-lane raod?

To help you, what they are giving us is a 4-lane road from Shagamu to Ibadan (2 lanes each way) and a 6-lane road from Lag to Shagamu (3 each way). Not a 10-lane road frm Lagos to anywhere.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by ideylaff: 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
visalo:

Learn how to appreciate good effort and stop blind criticizing

This is the lingo of people who dont know their rights... road constriction is not a priviledge.. if you pay your taxes

They owe the people all dat and more in the first place so why do we celebrate contracts awards . WHY

is not as if they are doing us a favour..

with that astronomical jump in project value, i can see they have eventually found a way to do the usual, usinf Julius Berger as a funnel/channel for 2015 election money

you can fool some peopple but not ALL the people...

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by abrat: 3:58pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by ImpactWorld(m): 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
Why do we judge every matter with ulterior motives in the name of politics?
This is why I find it hard to express my views on this forum.
There are too many blind criticisms.

Anyways, wasn't Bi-Courtney a BOT( build-operate-transfer) with TOLL arrangement?
Is it supposed to be the same cost?

I do understand I might be wrong, so feel free to correct me. Thanks
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by PapaBrowne(m): 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2013
ideylaff:

This is the lingo of people who dont know their rights... road constriction is not a priviledge.. if you pay your taxes

They owe the people all dat and more in the first place so why do we celebrate contracts awards . WHY

is not as if they are doing us a favour..

with that astronomical jump in project value, i can see they have eventually found a way to do the usual, usinf Julius Berger as a funnel/channel for 2015 election money

you can fool some peopple but not ALL the people...

And please tell me when last you paid your taxes. Money comes from the oil that has polluted someones fish farm and you are here talking about taxes.

Truth of the matter is that Okupe has misinformed us with this piece. The Figure is right but the scope is wrong.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by PapaBrowne(m): 5:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Who is trying to mis-inform Nigerians? The FG is COMPLETELY reconstructing the Lagos-Ibadan road. Part of th design of the brand new road is ADDITION of 3 more lanes (i.e making a total of 5 lanes on each side or 10 lanes in total) to the Lagos-Sagamu section of the road. Read:

"The Lagos-Shagamu end which is about N67kilometres was contracted to Julius Berger for N17 billion whereas the Shagamu-Ibadan stretch is about 58 kilometres though the contract cost was not disclosed. The scope of work would include provision of three additional lanes in either direction between Lagos and Shagamu interchange, making it five lanes; provision of associated facilities for security and welfare of the user as well as ensuring a free flow of traffic"
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/julius-berger-commits-n100bn-to-2nd-niger-bridge/

I dont even know how Punch arrived at the cost of N160billion for the project. From the report above the section contracted to Julius Berger is costing N17billion. I expect that the section awarded to RCC should also be in that range. Anyway, in the days to come, we'll learn more about the project.

I don't think that article was right. 17 billion would not do that road. Not even if if they were given free Bitumen for the construction. I believe Julius Berger refereed to 170 billion. It must have been a Typo.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2013
hope they finish:-|it in less than 5 yearsfrom now
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by jane121: 3:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
IGBO-SON:
This was posted since 6am, but there seems to be little or no excitement from the South West people on this positive development; but when Lagos State gov't recently announced that a number of roads will be built in the state, it was 'oni baje' galore!.......funny innit? undecided
. That's because we trust the lagos state Govt more than the federal govt.they keep awarding same contract over and over again with no result.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Reconstruction To Cost N160.7bn by owobokiri(m): 7:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
Matter of time before we get a one trillion naira road contract in this country. The amount being mentioned here is more than that of most state budgets in the past,. This is highly over bloated. It is no more 10% it is now 99%

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone / El-zakzaky: Police Warn Against Demonstration, Ask Citizens To Be Vigilant / Nigeria’s Rising Poverty Will Worsen Insecurity, Economic Instability – Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.