Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone (7466 Views)

Buhari To Implement Yar’adua’s Agreement With Niger-Delta Militants / Yoruba Message To Igbos. Please Understand / Why Yoruba Says Ibo Leave Niger Delta Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Afam4eva(m): 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2015
One of the reasons why I don’t support groups such as MASSOB or IPOB is not because I don’t think Igbos or any group for that matter have the right for self-determination. My only worry is the mode through which this is carried out. The truth is that the Biafran dream will remain a pipe dream if the initiators go about it the way they are currently. Apart from the fact that they are not going about it the right way by appealing to those that matter in Igboland and taking their case to the United Nations (UN), the most embarrassing disposition that they have created is one of forcing people who have not given their consent to be included in the Biafran agenda.

The fact that most of the areas known as the Niger Delta were naturally part of the old eastern region and as such were naturally part of the Biafran agitation in the 60s does not mean the same thing holds today. The divide and rule tactics has worked and anybody that can’t see it needs to go for an eye checkup. I’m tired of this whole “We are not Igbo, we are Edo”, “Our ancestors ate Igbo yam and that is why we are Igbo” or the opposing views that portray such desperate disposition that could be mistaken as Hitler’s intended conquering of Europe.

Igbos should fight for their rights and their only. Let’s stop this “SS and SE” BS. This people have oil for Bleep sake. Leave them the heck alone. They don’t want to have anything to do with you. I wonder why you can’t see that. They probably hate you more than the Hausas and the Yorubas that you see as your arch rivals. You have nothing to offer them, so leave them the heck alone.

In my mind, I even think it will make more sense for Igbos to align with other major groups and not minorities. These minorities don’t care about you. They see you as a land grabber. It doesn’t matter whether their names are the same as yours, their mode of thinking and vision is different, so it will serve you well if you focus on your SE affairs and stop romancing people that don’t want to be romanced.

If you are really passionate about getting Biafra whether or not it comes with oil or seaport then you must present your Biafran case as the SE alone. Don’t even include the Asaba area, atleast for now. Present your case as the war ravaged SE that no one can benefit from and the powers that be may change their kind and give it to you. But as long as you keep romancing oil, those Abuja people will not mind being Niger Delta’s father Christmas by sending gun wielding soldiers to teach you a bitter lesson for the second time. A word is enough for the wise.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2015
Like Seriously ?
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by LordMecuzy(m): 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
Lol

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva has suddenly become the mouthpiss of the SS

5 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by OEPHIUS(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
smh
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Afam4eva(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
No, im not and i don't care about the SS. I care for my people (SE) first and formost and one thing i hate is insults. All these minorities are really enjoying the attention that they're been given by jobless Igbo folks on nairaland. When i first came to Lagos in 1996, nobody knew who Ikwerre in Lagos, all of a sudden Ikwerre is soo popular just because we Igbos will not stop obsessing ourselves over why our supposed brother don't want to be called brother. Everybody shoyld answer their father's name. Enough of these insults.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Mortiple(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
You made a whole lot of sense in your write. I share your sentiments in totality. Is there wisdom in FORCING people to be part your secession bid? None at all!

I am a Igbo son (proper); I do not share in Biafran dream and WILL NEVER support it! I strongly believe that Ndigbo stand to get more being in the entity called Nigeria.

There is hardly any part of this country where Umu-Igbo are not doing well in commerce. Ndigbo have investments and valuable properties outside Igboland than in their region. What will happen to their investments if Biafra comes to fruition? Is it not likely that they would loose all their investments outside Igboland seeing that they are no more citizens of Nigeria (but Biafra) hence would be treated as foreigners?
Ndigbo think!!!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam shut up....I said shut your trap, this is not the first time you are selling out...When you were a Mod we had issue with you more than any other Mod thats not even Igbo...Who made you a mouthpiece for SS.... Mind you I am a SS

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by obailala(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
AwesomelyMade:
No on the contrary, Afam4eva has become Yoruba cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Emekamex(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2015
Who cares about th ND? All I care is the development of my immediate environment (ie South East).

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by OEPHIUS(m): 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
kaycid77:
Afam shut up....I said shut your trap, this is not the first time you are selling out...When you were a Mod we had issue with you more than any other Mod thats not even Igbo...Who made you a mouthpiece for SS.... Mind you I am a SS
He is still a mod
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
Be like say this yeye op no go school...
If you dunno some part of SE States are in ND...
Lemme also tell you that some igboids are also in Ss...
So stop fooling yourself...
We Igbos are part of the system...
Buh Fuk you finally....

5 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2015
Buh Fuk you finally....
Like your name may your name loss...

6 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Afam4eva(m): 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
Buh Fuk you finally....
I was waiting for someone to leave the discuss and bring up why i used Niger Delta instead of South south since there are two Igbos states in ND. I used ND because i think it more suited to what i'm talking about (oil et al).

7 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Movic1(m): 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
Igbos should fight for their rights and their only. Let’s stop this “SS and SE” BS. This people have oil for Bleep sake. Leave them the heck alone. They don’t want to have anything to do with you. I wonder why you can’t see that. They probably hate you more than the Hausas and the Yorubas that you see as your arch rivals. You have nothing to offer them, so leave them the heck alone.
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Iykopee(m): 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2015
When they talk about Niger Delta i dont see it an issue. Truth is, ethnic nationality matters a lot. In as much as we have igbo speaking areas of the ND, i implore SE igbos to forget about any1 not having secessonist agenda... I have the biafra dream yet my region is not of South East. But i prefer to align with the people i speak same language with. Just my view.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Jakpon: 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
OP, shut up your amala and ewedu smelling mouth. You are a Yoruba coward. You are just using an Igbo name. There is nothing like Niger Delta. PortHarcourt is Igweocha and it belongs to we Igbos

4 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by PresidentBuBu: 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
i wonder where these rubbish noise about igbos claiming this and that are coming from..before u start spouting rubbish remember that jonathan wike dakuku odili amaechi and even almost all the prominent politicians in rivers have at once familiarized and claimed to be part of the igbo nation. the funny thing is the noise is mainly coming from the real land grabbers the ijaws and outsiders that this people really share no history with...
the ph they are claiming now was built into the city it was by okpara an igbo man and this was even without any oil proceeeds they can continue to spread all this propaganda to create hate for se igbos but they should know it wont come to their aid bc the ikwerres hate the riverine ijaws even more than the igbos they disowned. one of the reasons they will prob never rule rivers state agin is the way they oppressed everyone in power ppl forgive but can never forget.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by fkaz(m): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
As the saying goes; PEN is Mightier than SWORD. If south east truly want to have biafra, they know where to go

UN

Enough of this noise.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by OEPHIUS(m): 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2015
Why are you guys fixed on tribe?
Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Iykopee(m): 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mortiple:
You made a whole lot of sense in your write. I share your sentiments in totality. Is there wisdom in FORCING people to be part your secession bid? None at all!

I am a Igbo son (proper); I do not share in Biafran dream and WILL NEVER support it! I strongly believe that Ndigbo stand to get more being in the entity called Nigeria.

There is hardly any part of this country where Umu-Igbo are not doing well in commerce. What will happen to their investments if Biafra comes to fruition? Is it not likely that they would loose all their investments outside Igboland seeing that they are no more citizens of Nigeria (but Biafra) hence would be treated as foreigners?

Ndigbo think!!!

^^^ what exactly do the stand to 'get more' being in the entity named Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by DeviIhimself: 4:53pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mortiple:
You made a whole lot of sense in your write. I share your sentiments in totality.

gain more like what, what and what? please elaborate no just sidan dey deceive yourself.
SE stands to gain more staying on their own
note: am not an IPOB fan nor member am just concerned about the current fate of igbos in Nigeria.

take time and watch this video but in summary
just like what's happening to today's sycophants
the man denied his igbo identity in front of foreign journalists and even went ahead to say that Biafran soldiers killed his family and said all sorts of things just for hoping to receive a pat on the back the Nigerian soldier (captain) promised the foreign journalists to take the guy to HQ (headquarters) and feed him only for them to tie him up more and waste him (shoot him to death) in the absence of the foreign journalists.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153265773503553&id=586833552

this what is really happening today some sycophants allied with enemies just for some stipends but am telling you when the chips are down everybody will identify his origin.

the truth is that Nigeria is a multiple countries living together and you know such will never work it has never worked anywhere check your history read about Soviet Union, USSR, etc.

we are better off divided with that we can live in peace as a neighboring countries.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by dustmalik: 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
OP is in for one hell of bashing. He will be called all sorts of names, including Yoruba grin

7 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by basilo101: 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2015
OP is an illiterate. who are the niger delltans?? Imo and Abia are niger delta states, and if mean SS, no tribe is SS, Igbo is igbo irrespective of state

5 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Jakpon: 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2015
Mortiple:

There is hardly any part of this country where Umu-Igbo are not doing well in commerce. Ndigbo have investments and valuable properties outside Igboland than in their region. What will happen to their investments if Biafra comes to fruition? Is it not likely that they would loose all their investments outside Igboland seeing that they are no more citizens of Nigeria (but Biafra) hence would be treated as foreigners?
Ndigbo think!!!
shut up. You are not a true Nwafo. You are a fooolani slave. What is wrong with you lazy yeriba people, why dont you want we Igbos to go back to Biafra ? The zoo must fall

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Yanks101: 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2015
I remember making this same point some time ago. Nigeria is a dog eat dog world.
Ndi-igbo have been a sort of ''defender of the oppressed'' for too long without benefit. The people we are supposed to be defending are even anti-igbo than anything else.
The igbo is a majority group, join the fellow majority groups and get drunk on niger-delta oil since that is what they understand and appreciate.
It is time to look out for igbo interests alone.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by mightyhaze: 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
Jakpon:
OP, shut uo your amala and ewedu smelling mouth. You are a Yoruba coward. You are just using an Igbo name. There is nothing like Niger Delta. PortHarcourt is Igweocha and it belongs to we Igbos
shey for ur mind now u smart.yorrobba tout formin igbo boy here. Amadioha go soon jaga jaga ur life if u don't stop ds ur evil antic.

1 Like

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Afam4eva(m): 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yanks101:
I remember making this same point some time ago. Nigeria is a dog eat dog world.
Ndi-igbo have been a sort of ''defender of the oppressed'' for too long without benefit. The people we are supposed to be defending are even anti-igbo than anything else.
The igbo is a majority group, join the fellow majority groups and get drunk on niger-delta oil since that is what they understand and appreciate.
It is time to look out for igbo interests alone.
Defender of the oppressed indeed. Oga, abeg, leave matter for Mathias. No group in Nigeria is defending anybody. Everyone is looking for their own best interest and that includes the Igbos. Enough of this self righteous attitude. the fact that we have lost in the game of thrones does not mean that we are saints.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by FlySly05: 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2015
Look at dem, dem even dey fight one of their own over their unrealizable dream. Tell me how do you hope to battle the more intellectual superior south westerner and the cunny and ruthless northerner this way ?

4 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Yanks101: 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

Defender of the oppressed indeed. Oga, abeg, leave matter for Mathias. No group in Nigeria is defending anybody. Everyone is looking for their own best interest and that includes the Igbos. Enough of this self righteous attitude. the fact that we have lost in the game of thrones does not mean that we are saints.
If ndi-igbo was really looking for her best interests in Nigeria, then a serious political alliance with hausa fulani would have been the smartest move.
Supporting a minority against a majority is not acting in your best interests.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by Afam4eva(m): 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2015
Yanks101:
If ndi-igbo was really looking for her best interests in Nigeria, then a serious political alliance with hausa fulani would have been the smartest move.
Supporting a minority against a majority is not acting in your best interests.
Not when the minority has oil. What benefit will the Igbos gain for aligning with the northerners for instance? My guess will be to be second class citizen as opposed to third class.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos, Please Leave The Niger Delta Alone by simplycarro: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
Jakpon:
shut up. You are not a true Nwafo. You are a fooolani slave. What is wrong with you lazy yeriba people, why dont you want we Igbos to go back to Biafra ? The zoo must fall

You will never find an atom of intelligent discussion in any Igbo dominated thread.
The aim and end objective is always to look for the slightest excuse to draw in the Yorubas and turn the whole thread into a theater of the absurd

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Gives N19.6 Million To Widows Of Fallen Heroes To Start Businesses / Why I Was Confident Buhari’ll Win – Sokoto Campaign DG / Is It Inferiority Complex?: Why Some People In South South Answer Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.