Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District (2107 Views)

Uche Ekwunife Affirmed The Winner Of Anambra Central Senatorial District / David Mark Takes A Clear Lead In Benue South District / President Jonathan Commissions Goodluck Boulevard In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by Sundahjoe(m): 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
Work is underway in Eko Atlantic, the new
city for Lagos on a spectacular new central
Eko Boulevard that will be similar in size to
the Champs-Elysees in Paris, or Fifth Avenue
in New York. The eight-lane carriageway is
the gateway to the Business District of the
city and is 2 kilometres long and 60 metres
wide.
Large diameter concrete storm water
drainage pipes have already been laid
alongside the boulevard at an average depth
of three and a half metres. This
infrastructure work will ensure that the
carriageway is kept clear of water during
heavy rainfall. It is also designed to
accommodate run-off water from buildings
adjacent to the boulevard.
The Business District is spread over some
700,000 square metres of signature
development opportunities. It will be
developed along the new Eko Boulevard and
is made up of high-rise towers, hosting a
wide array of local and multinational
corporations.
http://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=626257557384732&id=125406280803198&set=a.510484845628671.125287.125406280803198&refid=17
Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by Horus(m): 2:03am On Jun 29, 2013

The eight-lane carriageway in Eko Atlantic
Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by CyberG: 3:26am On Jun 29, 2013
Horus:

Fantastic of YOU to be bringing such great tidings of positive development in Yoruba land, South West of Nigeria. Very nice indeed! grin
Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by EkoIle1: 3:35am On Jun 29, 2013
Wow!!!!!

This made my day....

Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by CyberG: 4:58am On Jun 29, 2013
Oops! Eko Atlantic CONNECTED to the rest of the perpetual land assets of Lagos and the larger Yoruba SW of Nigeria! Nice. More pictures please! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by YoshiMaster: 5:04am On Jun 29, 2013
Nice development, its cool seeing the model pictures of the project being actualized so quickly.

One thing though, I don't want to sound like an inconsiderate fellow, but I hope land usage laws will be enforced.

The model pictures are one thing, what is on ground needs to be comparable to a certain extent.

That means no mallam at every corner, no suya guy franchising, no hawkers taking advantage of traffic gridlocks, no loitering, and much more.

I hope to see continued development on this project, it looks very exciting.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by ba7man(m): 5:15am On Jun 29, 2013
Cool to see that work didn't slow down right after the sand filling. I hope they're able to achieve up to 80 percent of its appearance on those 3-D rendered pics of it. We need more projects like this in this Country...With the money stolen by past and present leaders, I'm sure we can afford to develop 5 more cities like this conveniently.
Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by edoyad(m): 6:00am On Jun 29, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
Nice development, its cool seeing the model pictures of the project being actualized so quickly.

One thing though, I don't want to sound like an inconsiderate fellow, but I hope land usage laws will be enforced.

The model pictures are one thing, what is on ground needs to be comparable to a certain extent.

That means no mallam at every corner, no suya guy franchising, no hawkers taking advantage of traffic gridlocks, no loitering, and much more.

I hope to see continued development on this project, it looks very exciting.

Personally, I think even those suya and local food vendors can be captured in the master plan. A food center/market of sort can be created, so tourists can have a taste of local delicacies. But it would have to be well planned with high standards for hygiene and what not set from the get go.

And for the dreaded "pure water" packs, the best way to tackle that is to have fully functional water system. Most Nigerian cities are littered with pure water packs because govt has failed to provide potable water. Not every one can afford to spend #200 every time they need a drink. There should be clean potable water available.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by EkoAtlantic: 6:33am On Jun 29, 2013
Awesome, ilu Eko ati ile Yoruba oni baje oo..
Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by ba7man(m): 6:52am On Jun 29, 2013
edoyad:

Personally, I think even those suya and local food vendors can be captured in the master plan. A food center/market of sort can be created, so tourists can have a taste of local delicacies. But it would have to be well planned with high standards for hygiene and what not set from the get go.

And for the dreaded "pure water" packs, the best way to tackle that is to have fully functional water system. Most Nigerian cities are littered with pure water packs because govt has failed to provide potable water. Not every one can afford to spend #200 every time they need a drink. There should be clean potable water available.
Smart thinking.

1 Like

Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by AbuMikey(m): 9:41am On Jun 29, 2013
I see
Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 29, 2013
I need just one Hactre.. How can I get it? I av bin able to save 150,000 naira after 5yrs of saving cry
Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by Horus(m): 11:36am On Jun 29, 2013

Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by nig2change: 11:40am On Jun 29, 2013
Nigeria is going places. Kudos to the good investing climate in Nigeria.
Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by aljharem(m): 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2013
edoyad:

Good idea but not necessarily a market/food center. Few restaurants could be built where local delicacies would be sold there. Also whether there is pure water packs or not does not really matter so long as the maintenance culture is established I think EAC would be fine. Lawma is doing very well in Lagos now and I think they can handle such logistically problem EAC would face in terms of cleaning.

All in all there is only so much one can do, a commercial center would still be very difficult to maintain.

2 Likes

Re: Eko Atlantic Builds Iconic Boulevard Gateway To The Business District by YoshiMaster: 3:04pm On Jun 29, 2013
edoyad:

Really good idea, and as "alj harem" mentioned it would be nice if they were featured in restaurants.

Just imagine being on a British Airways flight to Nigeria, and reading a feature on Eko Atlantic in their High Life Magazine as a great tourist spot. The magazine also highlighting Nigerian delicacies and the restaurants that provide them, that would really be sweet.

I really can't fault this project at all.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Agagu's Corpse, Wife, Son And Others Perish In The Crash / Know The Mineral Resources In Your State. / Obasanjo Laments Level Of Poverty Under Jonathan’s Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.