Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

C: Prompt Doesnt Open Direct - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / C: Prompt Doesnt Open Direct (960 Views)

10 Best Command Prompt(cmd) Tricks, Tips & Hacks For Windows - 2015 / Let Share How To Hack Wifi Using A Command Prompt / Command Prompt Tricks And Hacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C: Prompt Doesnt Open Direct by sholasys: 9:55am On May 14, 2008
C drive doesnt open directly any more. It is giving "open with window option". Pls how can I solve this problem.
It occur immediately my system detect and delete a virus from a friends flash drive
Re: C: Prompt Doesnt Open Direct by Ademo(m): 1:23pm On May 14, 2008
Sorry, I've experienced the same before.
It's caused by a virus.
I had to re-instal my XP before I corrected it but maybe a good anti-virus will do the job.
All the best
Re: C: Prompt Doesnt Open Direct by uspry1(f): 1:38pm On May 14, 2008
sholasys:

C drive doesnt open directly any more. It is giving "open with window option". Please how can I solve this problem.
It occur immediately my system detect and delete a virus from a friends flash drive

@sholasys

You said your computer/laptop had been detected a virus infected in order to delete immediately when you download a file from your friend's flash drive that contains a virus inside without your knowledge.

ALWAYS RULES: scan your friend's flash drive FIRST before you download into your system.

I am so sorry that your system now already infected if you ignored a WARNING VIRUS ALERT MESSAGE by system.

1. What is kind of virus you get prompted error message?

2. Have you update the LATEST UPDATES of your installed anti-virus on your computer/laptop?

3. Have you run your anti-virus scanning performance to ensure detecting NO VIRUS ATTACK/INFECTED on your system PERIODICALLY? (i mean scanning every 2 weeks or monthly depend on how much your hard disk space you use or how often you surf internet)

4. Recommend you to use GOOGLE.COM or your anti-virus manufacturer site finding how to remove a virus step by step instruction to do?

Good Luck!
Re: C: Prompt Doesnt Open Direct by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 14, 2008
two options-
paste a shorcut to c drive and access it from there

enable 'show hidden folders' under folder options( this my have been disabled by the virus( in which case - google restore folder options, and you'll get links to registry entries or tools)
enter drive c using the explore option in the context menu - look for a file named autorun. delete it, log off. that should solve the problem, unless its a nasty virus that replicates the autorun entry.
Re: C: Prompt Doesnt Open Direct by sholasys: 2:35pm On May 15, 2008
why i was searching for restore folder options, i came across "disk Heal" i used it and it works fine.
thanks guy
Re: C: Prompt Doesnt Open Direct by mmonwuba(m): 5:47pm On May 15, 2008
you have been infected by a virus. Update ur antivirus software or download a trial version of kaspersky antivirus, to temporarily access your drive, use the address bar. press the down arrow and select the drive. After you scan and delete viruses, use ur operating system cd to reset ur os.
Re: C: Prompt Doesnt Open Direct by aphoe(m): 6:37pm On May 15, 2008
i think u still have that virus.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Configure My Hopster / Laptop Brands / Brand New Hp Pavilion Dv3510nr Notebook For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.